Sam Raimi's Spartacus Page 4

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• beastmaster 16 Apr 2010 09:09:42 11,795 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Does Lucy Flawless get her kit off?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 16 April 2010 09:10:41
    Yes. A lot. No VJ tho iirc.
  • Errol 16 Apr 2010 09:15:29 12,536 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    When is this on in the Uk?
  • localnotail 16 Apr 2010 09:20:36 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can't imagine anyone having the shaven oiled balls to schedule it on UK tv.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Deleted user 18 April 2010 12:12:28
    The season finale is O_O
  • Errol 18 Apr 2010 12:54:37 12,536 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post here when there is any info on Uk release.
  • Deleted user 18 April 2010 13:22:46
    Bravo bought the UK rights.
  • localnotail 18 Apr 2010 13:34:32 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    Of course they will! Bravo or FX or movies4men!

I suppose, I just thought there might be too much sex in it for standard British TV.

I really like the dissolves they do between scenes, particularly noticeable on the episode I just watched (6?) when he finally accepts his name.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• paul_haine 18 Apr 2010 19:14:59 4,205 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    cozeny wrote:
    The season finale is O_O

But in a good way. I'm amazed that by the end of this series I'm bouncing up and down on the sofa with excitement, given that my first impression of the show was that it was juvenile nonsense.
  • Deleted user 18 April 2010 19:20:03
    Yeah, the last two episodes were actually pretty good.
  • El_MUERkO 18 Apr 2010 19:24:01 17,126 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    paul_haine wrote:
    cozeny wrote:
    The season finale is O_O

But in a good way. I'm amazed that by the end of this series I'm bouncing up and down on the sofa with excitement, given that my first impression of the show was that it was juvenile nonsense.

it definitely went from sucky to awesome as it went on
  • funkstar 18 Apr 2010 19:30:20 1,194 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    also glad that, given the potential for no further seasons, almost everything is rather nicely tied up.

what an awesome finale!

The Lives of Nobody Important Paperback

• RMXtreme 18 Apr 2010 19:39:02 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kill them all! :)

To my surprise it's also airing here (in the Netherlands) and they're already up to episode 9. Lost aside I think that might be the quickest an American show has aired here.

If there is a second season, surely it will be the last. Can't see them going much further.
  • paul_haine 18 Apr 2010 20:06:52 4,205 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RMXtreme wrote:

To my surprise it's also airing here (in the Netherlands) and they're already up to episode 9. Lost aside I think that might be the quickest an American show has aired here.

If there is a second season, surely it will be the last. Can't see them going much further.

Well they've got all of this to play around with so you never know.
  • Trane 18 Apr 2010 20:11:13 4,058 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great finale \o/

Really enjoyed the season in all.
  • RMXtreme 18 Apr 2010 20:33:43 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    paul_haine wrote:
    RMXtreme wrote:

I would imagine that will be the main focus of season 2 leaving me to wonder what they could do in a third season.
  • paul_haine 18 Apr 2010 20:35:16 4,205 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RMXtreme wrote:
    paul_haine wrote:
    RMXtreme wrote:

I would imagine that will be the main focus of season 2 leaving me to wonder what they could do in a third season.

I want them to set the third season in space.
  • Trane 18 Apr 2010 20:36:34 4,058 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sam Raimi's Spartacus: Blood and Moon Dust.
  • CaptainBinky 18 Apr 2010 20:36:36 2,244 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So the verdict is stick with this then? I've still only seen the first episode since it was so awful I just couldn't bring myself to watch any more. But if it definitely gets better - if you can promise me it does - then I could watch some more I suppose ;o)
  • Trane 18 Apr 2010 20:37:44 4,058 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It does get better Captain, I give you my word, which in the current climate - is estimated to be worth about 68.
  • CaptainBinky 18 Apr 2010 22:08:21 2,244 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Right then, I'll give it a go. Bear in mind you're using up your "Eurogamer forumite recommendation to CaptainBinky ticket" if it stays shit. I know that this will be important to you.
  • Deleted user 19 April 2010 00:06:16
    2nd season was commissioned before the 1st episode even aired. There's a mini-series being filmed to air between seasons while Whitfield recuperates from his non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
  • Trane 19 Apr 2010 08:56:30 4,058 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CaptainBinky wrote:
    Right then, I'll give it a go. Bear in mind you're using up your "Eurogamer forumite recommendation to CaptainBinky ticket" if it stays shit. I know that this will be important to you.

Oh noes. I feel under pressure now.
  • The-Bodybuilder 19 Apr 2010 20:03:56 14,387 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What an awesome finale.
    Never before have I enjoyed the taste of revenge like this. No revenge movie or TV show can compare to that episode. For once, it felt good to see everyone get what was coming to them.

For anyone still considering whether to give this a try, stick with it till about season 6 or so. It really does get better (I wouldn't have stuck with it until a friend convinced me).

It really is a different show compared to most on tv right now.
  • Kostabi 19 Apr 2010 20:09:05 5,018 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finally got around to watching the last episode and holy shit! Best season finale I've seen in a long, long time.

I'm annoyed that I've got wait for the next season but equally just as satisfied with how everything came to a head and got tied up. Also, as much as I liked the first episode I'm still amazed at just how much the quality ramps up towards the end of the run.
  • Deleted user 19 April 2010 20:13:51
    I thought the penultimate episode was better than the finale but it was a really satisfying end to the season arc, I agree.
  • ronuds 19 Apr 2010 20:16:51 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    paul_haine wrote:

See, I've watched about two episodes and thought the same.

Maybe I should try watching some more. I was expecting something more along the lines of Rome and it seems to me to be more like 300 - and I wasn't a huge fan of 300. Good flick, sure, but not something I'd want made into a mini series.

Anyhow... there's that...
  • magicpanda 20 Apr 2010 01:08:07 13,455 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Batiatus Show.

Fucking love it.
  • magicpanda 20 Apr 2010 09:28:15 13,455 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Think I watched 4 episodes back to back last night. It's much better when taken in big chunks and you let it suck you in. :) Helps that the difference in later episodes compared to the the first are night and day.

There's a "Didn't see that coming" moment in episode 9 that had me starting at the screen open-mouthed for a good 30 seconds. Absolutely gobsmacked. It's rare for a TV show to do that.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last