Mortal online

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • DarkBytes 26 Jul 2009 21:00:21 25 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hi ,

are any of you aware of Mortal online or MO ?

I learned about this game a few months ago , and became interested as it looked like being all of the things that Darkfall promised to be and failed.

Its been in development for about 3 years , it a fixed first person perspective , mature content, uses the unreal3 engine I beleive.

Anyhow I registered on the forum and got a little exited over the beta announcement , bit of a clincher , essentially getting yiu to pre order the game , in order to get a beta spot.

I think it went Limited editrion version ( about 75 or 80 pounds ) 999 available garenteed first into Beta , then came boxed version 69 ppounds , first 2000 paid for go into block A of beta a , the rest block B ,Block C and so on , with a few weeks difference in between when you can get into the beta.

So my own stupid fault i get hooked , sit there for an 8 PM euro opening of the shop , to cut a long story short the wheels came off the shop idea and they didnt get it working till 2:30 am , I had hit the hay at 1 am , as I had work, but I was up 6:30 ordered the game , yay in block A. So you know I was a little trollish I guess , stating that it was a little unfair that the first beta slots & LE editions where snapped up by North american players, made me a little unpopuler with our NA freinds but there you go.

So I then am informed that my BETA allocation is pushed back to Block B , and I took a strop about this and mailed support , stating I didnt want the game , and as I am not in the beta as yet , would like a refund , etc.

So thats kinda my expereince with the beta , suffice to say that , I have mailed support every day since with no response , but what is crazy is the fanatics on there forums , get this , the first 2k of people that paid for the garenteed early access, that started last week wellthe server cap was 50 people !

it all starts to get a bit bonkers , they set up a password reset service that you can access without logging in , so if you know someones email you can make there password change , , some people have genuinely done a password reset request , the password has changed , but they never recieved it and cannot access theire accounts at all , the support mail address does not answer these people either , ( nor for anyone afaik ) . there are people that have been charged 2 or 3 times for the game ( although I think this is being sorted )

man it is proper lunatic over there , whats a shame is the devs from what i have read of them seem pretty cool , the game itself looked great from the hype , but from the comments I have read , and the vids I have seen , its in an alpha state ( although do not even think to say that on the forum , you will be massacred ) , and where its a little more screwy is that there is of course an NDA , but there is no closed forum , so the testers cannot discuss the game at all !

So look I vented my splean on this a little and as a result am probobly the victim of many a murderous scene in a lot of the forum members heads over there.

Some of this may be justified , I did get a little strong , ( not in a blind spitting swearing rage way, but in a you lot took around half a million quid in orders a couple of weeks ago , wtf is going on , i feel I have been decieved , kinda way ) but basically I cannot get a refund ( well I dont know , as they dont anwser the suppport mail they reference in the T&C's ) or an acknowledgment email in any shape or form from the company ,it s pretty crap.

So my advice to anyone considering looking at this game or getting into the beta , I would advise against it until the game is actually out , it would also be really cool if any of the Eurogamer Journo's did an interview or story on MO , to see whats going on and how things are shaping up, perhaps my fears about the game can be proved unfounded and I will have to face upto the fact that I am the worsed type of Troll , one that dosnt think or realise they are one .

anyway pop over to Mortal online and have a look accross the forums , its a scary place

( ps that said , there are also some mature and nice types there too ,Old UO players and the like , but they are in the minority ).

edit , forgive the dyslexia
  • Sockbag 26 Jul 2009 22:23:06 83 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Perhaps this will help clarify things for you, Darkbytes

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/440689-post36.html

• DarkBytes 27 Jul 2009 09:57:20 25 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    not really mate ,

I am not actually in the beta as yet , and it dosn't actually cover all of the account and support problems at all.

but i am not going argue with you , Christ there is enough of that over on the forum. I take the points on board where relevant to my post.
  • Cowl 4 Aug 2009 21:04:16 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You think the MO forums are scary? Obviously you've never ventured into the shadowy realm known as Darkfall's Forums :p MO forums are very civilised as forums go.
  • Sockbag 2 Dec 2009 19:27:51 83 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been following this game for the past year or so. The NDA has been lifted and it is releasing this month (there is also supposed to be an open beta beforehand)

It seems to be shaping up to be a disaster of Darkfall proportions.

Any chance of an Ed Zitron review? :)
  • DarkBytes 5 Dec 2009 10:41:51 25 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    aye funny thing is I got absolutly raped on that forum for voicing my concerns , by the very same people who have now turned on the devs
  • Sockbag 6 Dec 2009 23:24:14 83 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Darkbytes

Did you play in the beta? Bad as it looks?

I had very high hopes for the game, but I got burned by Darkfall so I was a bit more wary of their (SV's) preorder tactics than some. Fair play - beta is beta - but exactly the same excuses and apologies that DF fans were trotting out (loads of potential, that feature will be turned on at release, this game's not for everyone etc) are popping up on the Mortal forums now. Just seems like a repeat of the DF fiasco.

(FWIW Darkfall's latest "jesus expansion" is also made of fail.)

• pinebear 12 Dec 2009 09:24:05 8,565 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jesus expansion?

• Sockbag 12 Dec 2009 19:24:15 83 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Darkfall has the habit of calling their patches "expansions"

jesus expansion = miracle patch - ie adding missing/promised content, fixing the glaring imbalances, and making the game playable/fun.

The last one was the "Conquer The Seas Expansion" (which broke PVE). The subsequent hotfix was unnamed, I think.

If you were hoping for the "Second Coming" Expansion, which patches in Our Saviour as an Orc Dexxer (NPC), that's scheduled for Q2 2010.

• el_pollo_diablo 12 Dec 2009 20:29:38 2,148 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is Kano in it?
  • Sockbag 13 Dec 2009 19:54:00 83 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nope, but The Newham Generals are raid bosses in the Forest Gate Dungeon.
    Make sure you have your Wrinkly Sack of Holding offhanded.

Hope this helps.

• el_pollo_diablo 14 Dec 2009 17:51:33 2,148 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmmm. No Kano, eh? What about Sonja Blade? She must be in it. Thanks for the clarification though. In all respects I'm even more confused.
  • Sockbag 14 Dec 2009 19:39:27 83 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ah yes, the Sonja Blade is in.
    It's the final quest reward for the "King of The Iron Fist" chain.
    You need to max out your Dahlism to wield her tho.

Always happy to help.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next