Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

• Page

of 31 First / Last

Previous
  • Kay 4 Jun 2009 10:34:43 17,762 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Holy crap, this actually looks fucking awesome!

Also: A trailer that's not cheesy at all, and with voice-acting that doesn't suck. Please don't mess this up.
  • Venkman90 4 Jun 2009 10:37:14 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GOWvania? on 360?

HELL YES
  • RetardStrong 4 Jun 2009 10:39:05 3,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Begby vs Picard :D

Anyway looks like God of Castelvania to me, very bright for a castelvania game as well.
  • OllyJ 4 Jun 2009 10:40:11 3,251 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nice! MSE look like they have done something really cool!
  • Wastelander 4 Jun 2009 10:41:42 1,848 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hmm.

Doesn't look like Castlevania to me. What's with all that 3rd dimension stinking up the place?
  • Blerk Moderator 4 Jun 2009 10:42:25 48,225 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hey, that looks unexpectedly really good!

Very God of War, though. In a sort of 'lawsuit' kind of a way. :-D
  • Deleted user 4 June 2009 10:59:41
    PURE AWESOME-SAUCE !

Mr. Carlyle's line "I've done questionable things" + awesome music kicking in = goosebumps...

Voice work seems spot-on as does the music, the graphics look beautiful, shiny and they also give a good sense of atmosphere.

Really quality stuff lads (judging from the video at least).

Bring it on...
  • Weebleboy 4 Jun 2009 11:01:56 367 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wastelander wrote:
    Hmm.

Doesn't look like Castlevania to me. What's with all that 3rd dimension stinking up the place?

Gotta agree, looks like a fantastic God of War clone, but I wasn't getting a Castlevania feel from it at all. And it sounded like Patrick Stewart was phoning in his voice acting to me...

Sheesh why can't they just make a 1080p 2D remake of SOTN, I'd happily buy that for the third time.
  • Deleted user 4 June 2009 11:02:56
    klem578 wrote:
    PURE AWESOME-SAUCE !

Mr. Carlyle's line "I've done questionable things" + awesome music kicking in = goosebumps...

Yea that line reminded me of Blade Runner.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 4 Jun 2009 11:31:02 7,767 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't care if it is a GOW clone

if it's a 3d castlevania that isn't completely shite I'm more than happy
  • Jazzy_Geoff 4 Jun 2009 11:31:04 7,767 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Psychotext 4 Jun 2009 11:32:55 53,849 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks very good.

"And it sounded like Patrick Stewart was phoning in his voice acting to me..."

Never. Stewart is a god.
  • creepylizard 6 Jun 2009 14:06:52 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Please don't just be loads of mindless hacking and slashing though...I hate all those devil may cry/ninja gaiden type games..
    something with a bit of adventuring and spectacle to go with the action would be nice..
    trailer does look good though..
  • convercide 6 Jun 2009 14:17:54 5,922 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At least the whip is back. Still doesn't grab me yet and I'm a huge fan of the Castlevania series. I just hope it doesn't become a monotonous button basher.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• SlackMaster 20 Aug 2009 21:26:05 3,132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Holy crap, this actually looks fucking awesome!

Also: A trailer that's not cheesy at all, and with voice-acting that doesn't suck. Please don't mess this up.

I had seen stills but wasn't so excited until I just saw the trailer. Looks awesome and with talented British\Scot actors as well. Very impressed, just hope it turns out to be great.

I'm a big Castlevania fan but I have to say that the recent games have been getting a bit stale, maybe something like this is what the franchise needs rather than another luke warm DS game that just ticks the boxes and does nothing else.

Was getting a bit tired of the fay characters that most modern Castlevanias have now, so having a more butcher Belmont is a welcome thing really.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• Fizzog 20 Aug 2009 21:50:33 4,108 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone else sick of all these generic third person buttonbash-a-thons?

Apart from Gauntlet on the DC I've never enjoyed one.
  • Hexagon 21 Aug 2009 00:46:11 352 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow looks marvellous but I am still not sure if I want it instead of a 2D Castlevania on consoles.

GOG for Linux!

• redcrayon 21 Aug 2009 00:53:55 4,544 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks grand. As long as they work in plenty of exploring to offset the button-mashing, that'll do for me.
  • Deleted user 21 August 2009 00:57:27
    Hexagon wrote:
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow looks marvellous but I am still not sure if I want it instead of a 2D Castlevania on consoles.
    I'd love a proper HD big budget 2D Castlevania, but they'd never do it. :(
  • Samuel_Barros 18 Jan 2010 20:33:41 1,250 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    New Details On Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

The new Castlevania project which is being developed by Kojima Productions has released a couple of new details in the last week. David Cox, producer on the game, has tweeted a few juicy details.

Firstly, he mentions that the "PS3 is the lead platform but the game is identical on both formats." This is good news for PS3 owners as it means that we are likely to get an equal or slightly better version of the game. So far, every game that has had the PS3 as a lead platform has looked almost identical on both consoles, the same cannot be said when the 360 has been the lead platform.

He also replied to the following question, "Could we rotate the camera to see the landscape for example, or is the camera always fixed with no control over it?"

David Cox replied, "Camera is fixed. You cannot control it." This means that we are likely to see a very cinematic game, similar to God of War, as it suggests that the game will be able to go into cutscenes seamlessly.

Source: http://www.ps3center.net//news/4246/new-details-on-castlevania-lords-of-shadow/
  • Machetazo 2 Mar 2010 11:30:15 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New shots.
  • Blerk Moderator 2 Mar 2010 11:32:58 48,225 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmm. Kind of like what would happen if God of War and Prince of Persia had a baby.

Could do with a video of actual gameplay.
  • Deleted user 2 March 2010 11:39:15
    Machetazo wrote:
    New shots.

Yep , still looking nice , the atmosphere is DEFINITELY there...

Now, what it really needs is a silky-smooth framerate , maybe not at 60fps but -at least- a rock steady 30fps one.

Anyway, i really don't see why anyone should be worried about this, after all , the first 3D Castlevania game on the PS2 was jolly good and the 2nd one , although tainted by repetitive and kind of bland level design was still playable by all means , that is, it had the castlevania vibe...

Bring-it-on !
  • Cappy 2 Mar 2010 11:39:23 11,831 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks interesting, I can't help feeling there has been a recent oversupply of games in this genre space that leaves me inclined to ignore this one too.
  • Deleted user 2 March 2010 12:55:24
    meh! not our fault you played stuff like bayonneta and darksiders cappy. i'm looking forward to this new castlevaina. looks very good indeed.
  • Cappy 2 Mar 2010 13:04:38 11,831 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DcP729UK wrote:
    meh! not our fault you played stuff like bayonneta and darksiders cappy. i'm looking forward to this new castlevaina. looks very good indeed.

Played neither. Haven't bought a current generation game of this type yet and I'm already tired of them from brief exposure via demos. :p
  • Deleted user 2 March 2010 13:13:22
    lame. :p
  • convercide 2 Mar 2010 13:28:26 5,922 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Machetazo wrote:
    New shots.

I hope this is good. It'd be fantastic to finally see Castlevania make the transtition to 3D.

*completely ignores Castlevania 64, Castlevania: Legacy Of Darkness, Castlevania: Lament of Innocence and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness*

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Page

of 31 First / Last

Previous