Kinect Page 278

• Page

of 279 First / Last

• Blaizefm 29 Apr 2012 13:07:17 232 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just started playing Mass Effect 3 with its Kinect function.

Say 'quick save' to quick save the game.

Or

Press the back button.

Um.

I did like reading out the dialogue parts though. That was quite fun, but if it's a long sentence you just manually choose the option.

Still feels utterly extraneous to the game, though.
  • CharlieStCloud 29 Apr 2012 13:20:02 4,660 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Can anyone recommend me a few kinect games? I just picked one up pretty cheap and don't really know what to buy...
    Funnily enough, all the best Kinect games are on the Marketplace with the likes of Fruit Ninja, Happy Action Theatre and Haunt.

Kinect Sports and Dance Central are the most popular ones; I actually like/prefer the originals to the sequels to be honest!

Child of Eden is great - it is colourful, trippy and has a great soundtrack however, maybe it's just me but I found it quite hard going in the later stages ... not physically, just in the way that Kinect doesn't quite keep up with you with what is going on within the game.

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 is by far and away the best 'game' that makes use of Kinect though.

... hope that helps a little bit!

: )
  • andytheadequate 29 Apr 2012 20:13:24 7,953 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not heard if your shape fitness evolved so will have to take a look at it. Is there a demo?
  • sanctusmortis 2 May 2012 22:30:00 9,590 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Psychotext I think the big problem is small kids, because their limbs are short and therefore harder to read. That and the MINDLESS FLAILING OF JOY
  • mAc6 3 May 2012 09:54:19 203 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Haunted House inspired Rise of Nightmares-light Kinect XBLA game Haunt is (part of) Deal of the Week (this week): 400 msp (discounted from 800 msp regular price). For all you Kinect lovers out there i say: good nice lil fun game to mess around with. Small bit of moolah for new Kinect experience that aint bad, good deal!! :-)
  • CharlieStCloud 7 May 2012 14:24:03 4,660 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh, brilliant!

My Kinect has got a red light and an error message.

As it is just outside the one year warranty, those kind chaps at Microsoft want £80 to 'replace' it.

Wow ... just wow.

I actually like the Kinect but to cheekily ask for that amount, they can quite frankly sod off.

: (
  • sanctusmortis 7 May 2012 15:28:05 9,590 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A second hand one's cheaper than that.
  • Wayne 13 May 2012 12:21:05 2,142 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud Sale of goods act. Bring it back to where you bought it. You're entitled to a full refund.
  • sanctusmortis 14 May 2012 21:08:11 9,590 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So, my son's just got Kinect Star Wars for his 8th birthday. Is it supposed to be comedically awkward? He's been bouncing around the room like a kangaroo on caffeine!
  • LFMartins 22 May 2012 20:11:40 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago

Yeah, there´s no way this will work properly.
  • sanctusmortis 27 May 2012 10:12:25 9,590 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Man, Kinectimals is what this was made for. It works, it's fun, there's a lot to do, and BEARS.
  • silentbob 1 Jul 2012 23:02:32 28,917 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The number of pages in this thread post-release is telling.

Kinectlol!

/calledit

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• GrizzleBoy 5 Aug 2012 20:36:42 199 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hi.

Some of you may remember me as the guy who tried to tell you about two years ago that waiting for Kinect to provide you with awesome "core" experiences or substantial additions to your current core game favourites was a waste of time.

Many were quite critical of this outlook. Many circled jerked. Many said bad, bad things. :(

*sips tea*

But forget about all that anyway.

I heard Steel Battalion released recently?

Any good?

*dunks chocolate biscuit*

Is there a list of core games for Kinect I can find?

*butters scone*

I'm guessing the reason this thread died horribly is because everyone is playing their sweet core Kinect games due to much support from MS and devs who made a point not to make mostly party junk and tacky add ons.

*prepares bacon sandwich*

Edited by GrizzleBoy at 20:40:53 05-08-2012

Edited by GrizzleBoy at 20:42:13 05-08-2012
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 5 Aug 2012 20:44:07 2,370 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No. I'm severely pissed Kinect is shit. My kids love Happy Action Theatre, i liked the ME3 integration, other than that, I wasted £90 on a bit of useless plastic sitting on top of my tv gathering dust.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Pirotic Moderator 5 Aug 2012 20:48:15 20,646 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    LFMartins wrote:

Yeah, there´s no way this will work properly.
    Exactly, it's bullshit - if it could do that it'd be awesome, instead it'll probably prompt you what to do and so long as it sees you waving some limbs about will accept it regardless. Such a shame, I fell for it before with the Wiimote (before motion plus sorted it out).
  • Psychotext 5 Aug 2012 20:57:48 52,776 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    No. I'm severely pissed Kinect is shit. My kids love Happy Action Theatre, i liked the ME3 integration, other than that, I wasted £90 on a bit of useless plastic sitting on top of my tv gathering dust.
    Do some exercise via it. It's the one thing it works really well for. :)
  • Deleted user 5 August 2012 21:01:54
    You'd have to be a bit of a mong to think this would be any good for the sort of games we're used to playing.
  • onestepfromlost 5 Aug 2012 21:05:08 1,965 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Do some exercise via it. It's the one thing it works really well for. :)
    To be honest the most use mine gets is the your shape fitness which works rather well. other than that its just bloody voice control for games which could have been done just as easily with the headset which comes with every xbox :p
  • andytheadequate 6 Aug 2012 09:09:46 7,953 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Your shape is good, but the best two games I've played on it are fruit ninja and wreckateer.

Kinect sports is quite fun too
  • Bremenacht 13 Aug 2012 16:47:54 15,753 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Buy the right size jeans using Kinect

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• RedSparrows 13 Aug 2012 16:53:24 20,753 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My gf really wants a Kinect.

I figure a dancing game, a fitness one, Kinect Sports 1/2, Wreckateer, Fruit Ninja and Leedmees (sic) seems like an alright haul.
  • TOOTR 13 Aug 2012 17:00:32 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For the last few months I've probably one of the only people in the world that tries to get 5 stars on the remaining tracks on Dance Central in the morning before I go to work..... and then plays Dark Souls when I get home from work.

There will be no core games for the current Kinect. Be keen to see what future upgrades bring about.

But I haven't regretted getting it personally for what I have got out of it. It's got me exercising at lot more than wii fit did...

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• andytheadequate 13 Aug 2012 17:01:36 7,953 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @RedSparrows - All good choices. Dance Central 1/2 are meant to be good but it's not really my thing. For fitness games, Your Health Fitness Evolved 2012 (a real mouthful) works really well.

Fruit Ninja is probably the most fun I've had on the Kinect, it's a little bit novelty and short lived but it works brilliantly
  • Psychotext 13 Aug 2012 17:06:13 52,776 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    For the last few months I've probably one of the only people in the world that tries to get 5 stars on the remaining tracks on Dance Central in the morning before I go to work..... and then plays Dark Souls when I get home from work.
    I'm just about to start playing it again, feel free to add me. :)
  • dancingrob 29 Nov 2012 20:09:22 1,132 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've got the option to pick one of these up on the cheap, but even so, I'm not sure it's worthwhile.

From reading back, it seems something like this.

Child of Eden and Dance Central 1/2/3 are the only decent 'proper' games. DC3 is the best game, but has the worst setlist, setlists from DC1/2 can be imported for 400MSP with a new copy / unused codes.

It's really good for fitness stuff, with Your Shape 2012 being the best.

I've a 6 year old daughter, and Happy Action Theatre, Kinectimals and Once Upon a Monster are all good for that age range.

The minigame collections are all a bit crap, with Adventures being no better / worse than any other.

Any other thoughts?
  • Psychotext 29 Nov 2012 20:40:05 52,776 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gunstringer is fun if you can get it cheap.

Oh, and I actually enjoyed Kinect Sports for what it's worth. :)

Edit - No voice issues either. Mowgli must be slurring at it. \o/

Edited by Psychotext at 20:48:42 29-11-2012
  • Deleted user 29 November 2012 20:42:17
    It's a hunk of fucking shite so stay well clear. Only use it has had in the past year is "Xbox, xbox XBOX XBOX" menu pops up "Pause, pause, pause, PAUSE, FUCKING PAUSE" menu pops down again as it doesn't recognise a command. At this point we turn on the controller again.
  • dancingrob 3 Dec 2012 17:25:10 1,132 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    well, I bought it anyway.

Not really sure so far, HAT was great for the children, but Kinect Adventures is even weaker than I'd been expecting. Have ordered DC3 and Child of Eden so we shall see.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Fun Labs things? From what I've read, they're an easy way to whore gamerscore if you've a free 30 minutes, but that's about it. Are they even worth trying for children?
  • Psychotext 3 Dec 2012 18:28:26 52,776 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kinect Adventures is shit.

Some of the fun labs things are ok for a laugh. Kids would probably like them though I'm sure they'd get bored easily. Seriously though, give Kinect Sports a go.
  • ChunKyPiglets 10 Dec 2012 17:06:14 32 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    OMG! Double Fine's Kinect Party comes out very very soon, though not this week, as Drew Skillman on double fine forums has stated.

But definitely before Christmas!!!

Yay! :D

Will be dub-stepping with my nephew this holiday!
  • Page

of 279 First / Last