Metroid Prime Trilogy Page 3

• Page

of 15 First / Last

• Burkey123 24 May 2009 10:46:14 382 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Metroid Prime is pretty much gaming perfection, simple as that.

This.
  • Deleted user 24 May 2009 12:13:22
    No!
  • Deleted user 24 May 2009 12:22:15
    Once the conduit comes out and the wii has a proper generic space alien shooting game like halo, yous'll all see the error of your ways.
  • Deleted user 24 May 2009 12:23:49
    Pfft! Scanning > shooting.
  • Deleted user 24 May 2009 12:27:50
    I hated scanning. The descriptions were always so silly as well. There was just no part of the Metroid mythos I could get into, it jus seemed like a silly Manga sci fi story to me.
  • malexous 24 May 2009 12:48:55 48 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ruggedtoast wrote:
    Metroid is, quite simply, a bunch of old bum.
    As in you orgasm because of it? I'm sure many will agree with you.
  • Hydrophis|inornaius 24 May 2009 14:46:04 157 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The original Metroid and Zelda efforts stand as monumental triumphs of 2D -> 3D conversion. They stuck every note brilliantly, I can't think of a single other project that was as successful as them for faithful conversion. Obviously the later ones are forced to diverge, but OoT and Prime are perfect 3D incarnations of their 2D forebears.

And yes, it's time for more 2D.
  • SirScratchalot 24 May 2009 15:39:03 7,872 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ruggedtoast wrote:
    I hated scanning. The descriptions were always so silly as well. There was just no part of the Metroid mythos I could get into, it jus seemed like a silly Manga sci fi story to me.

It's one of the best storytelling-through-environment things ever though. (Even though I quite often enjoyed the scanning). I'd advice you to go back to it and just skip the scanning then, because the atmosphere of going through the first section in the space pirate bio lab alone is fantastic.
    One of my favourite games ever, up there with Planescape and Deus Ex.
    Took me a long time before I tried it too, but man is it good.
  • redcrayon 24 May 2009 17:59:24 4,552 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I loved every minute of the 2D ones, but struggled with the GC controls. This set sounds good though, might tempt me back out of the retro thread :-)
  • Ech0ez 29 May 2009 16:05:45 20 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This is pretty cool, hopefully it will bring more attention to the franchise.
  • Sharks 29 May 2009 16:40:57 5,136 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Funny, I was considering getting MP 2, as I've completed Corruption and I played through most of the original a few years back and loved both. I don't really care if it's a disappointment since I adore the style and atmosphere of the series as a whole, it's an approach more single-player FPSes should take. I actually prefer the 3D Metroids to their 2D predecessors, then again I always found them frustrating and unrewarding.

That said, I'm sure I have the original MP lying around somewhere, so I'll skip this offer.
  • JinTypeNoir 29 May 2009 16:43:09 4,369 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The thing that kept me playing for a while in the Metroid Prime games was the scanning.

I have to admit that though the universe doesn't feel very all that, the wordplay at work in naming the game was a stroke of genius.
  • Sharks 29 May 2009 16:44:38 5,136 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The scanning kept me hooked in the original. Corruption was my favourite though, genuinely an awesome game from start to finish.

MP is one of the few games that makes backtracking enjoyable
  • JetSetWilly 4 Jun 2009 09:24:14 5,721 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apparently coming to Euroland 4th Sept.
  • robthehermit 4 Jun 2009 09:36:45 4,024 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spectral wrote:
    Damn, I wish I hadn't recently bought MP3 now. I've not even played it yet :(. Actually I wish I hadn't bought the GC versions of Prime 1 and 2 aswell (not played those either).

This.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Deleted user 24 June 2009 22:48:44
    Metroid Prime Trilogy Box Art Revealed
  • Kay 24 Jun 2009 23:24:35 17,798 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, that certainly makes up for MP3's awful cover.

All this time I've owned that game and never played it, here is the reason why. :)
  • Der_tolle_Emil 25 Jun 2009 08:04:45 7,299 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The box looks beautiful. I'm sold!
  • DFawkes 25 Jun 2009 08:50:07 22,757 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hope they have special discs with larger holes in the middle, otherwise I'll end up shreding my cock when I attempt to have sex with the awesomeness that is this game. The box art very much contributes to that awesomeness.

I just bought Super Metroid to fire through that before this gets released, then I suspect it'll be the only Wii game I'll play for a good while.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• midnight_walker 25 Jun 2009 08:59:32 1,915 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I hope they have special discs with larger holes in the middle, otherwise I'll end up shreding my cock when I attempt to have sex with the awesomeness that is this game.

Don't lie.
  • Darren 25 Jun 2009 10:55:56 8,756 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Metroid Prime on the GameCube was a stunner, loved it to bits even though I found the boss encounters initially very difficult. Perseverance paid off though and I found the game deeply rewarding to play and very atmospheric. One of the GameCube's finest games IMO, up there with Zelda: Wind Waker and Resident Evil 4.

I didn't find the sequel anywhere near as enjoyable as it felt far too similar and I don't think I played beyond a few hours. From memory I got pissed off at some spider fight in an enclosed cage where the changing camera angles were a constant annoyance and just never bothered playing the game again.

Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii was good but I found the Wiimote controls a bit fiddly and much preferred the GameCube controller to be honest. I didn't think the Wii's control added anything particularly to the game, even when I got used to them, they just seemed like an alternative method of control, neither better nor worst than a conventional controller.

As such these repackaging of all three games is not something I need to buy, although it's nice to have all three games in one tidy package I suppose. They're good games but anyone who buys the trilogy would be best advised to play the first game first then skip straight to the third.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• DFawkes 25 Jun 2009 11:22:10 22,757 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd probably agree, I wasn't a fan of Metroid Prime 2. I'll play them in series anyway, but I'd say 2 is my least favourite.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• JetSetWilly 25 Jun 2009 11:27:45 5,721 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    20charactersmax wrote:

I'm never usually one to be remotely interested in the box art, but that one is rather nice.
  • SG 25 Jun 2009 13:11:41 1,892 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    20charactersmax wrote:
    Oh great, something for me to obsess over. Given I get US versions it's going to be a cunt to replace if I damage it unlike normal games boxes.

Maybe I should order 3 copies... just to be safe?

Also, it's going to be a bugger to get rid of my MP 1, 2 & 3 isn't it?

Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

• StringBeanJean 25 Jun 2009 13:29:19 1,777 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wow that is nice. God I'm such a consumer. Oooh Shiny thing I don't need!
  • Deleted user 25 June 2009 13:45:52
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002ATY7JE
  • SG 25 Jun 2009 13:47:50 1,892 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sharks wrote:
    Funny, I was considering getting MP 2, as I've completed Corruption and I played through most of the original a few years back and loved both. I don't really care if it's a disappointment since I adore the style and atmosphere of the series as a whole, it's an approach more single-player FPSes should take. I actually prefer the 3D Metroids to their 2D predecessors, then again I always found them frustrating and unrewarding.

That said, I'm sure I have the original MP lying around somewhere, so I'll skip this offer.
    MP2 is still an amazing game, it's just not quite as original as MP1.

Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

• Page

of 15 First / Last