Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (console version) Page 526

• Page

of 533 First / Last

• andytheadequate 8 Dec 2012 18:48:09 8,362 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @triarii - definitely should do, think we played till 3:30 last night. Nice to see a few others join on too.
  • triarii 9 Dec 2012 17:23:41 303 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had fun last night. Apart from teammates who can't tell which direction they should be running. Nothing ever changes : )

Enjoyed onslaught too, had forgotten about that.
  • AcidSnake 18 Jan 2013 09:05:53 7,297 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And behold, out of the rubble and dust of the battlefield a man emerged...

The way he handled his guns seemed slightly cautious, though his eyes told a different story...His eyes didn't wander, he didn't run for the nearest bush to hide, he went straight in...It was clear he had experience...

Welcome back, strangeed!

It was surprising seeing you back on at all, never mind on BC2...

Carpark joined a while later and we had some crushing games...The only time we had any difficulty was when that pair of level 50's glued themselves into that attack chopper...
    They weren't circle strafing, but damn they were annoying...Obviously as soon as we switched maps we kicked them to the curb until they quit out...
    So much so we were left with only 2 enemies with the previous match having 10 of them IIRC...

I tried to find another game and as soon as I sent the invite it ended and put us back again in Oasis...With a circlestrafer...

Found another good game on Arica with loads of 50's on both sides...

All in all a good time!

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• andytheadequate 18 Jan 2013 10:44:55 8,362 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I should be on over the weekend (once I've finished Mark of the Ninja). Good to see some old faces getting back into it as well.

It's nearly the games 3 year anniversary, can't believe I haven't got bored of it yet...

Edited by andytheadequate at 10:46:00 18-01-2013
  • Mr-Brett 18 Jan 2013 10:49:01 12,896 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The 3rd anniversary would be a great time to announce Bad Company 3.
    /dreams

So when are people normally on? same as in the old days? roughly 10 till 'acid realises what time it is'?

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• andytheadequate 18 Jan 2013 10:56:17 8,362 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    The 3rd anniversary would be a great time to announce Bad Company 3.
    /dreams

So when are people normally on? same as in the old days? roughly 10 till 'acid realises what time it is'?
    :D

"But you can't quit on the defence!"

That's about right, yep. I generally only play at weekends now though, although I make up for that by playing till the early hours...
  • AcidSnake 18 Jan 2013 11:02:22 7,297 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Damn, seems like only yesterday...

My first game was Laguna Alta I think on conquest...I spawned and was greeted by a tank shell...Over and over and over...
    Almost gave up...

Then I tried Rush...I believe Valparaiso...
    Being used to MW2 I slowly progressed through the initial jungle expecting enemies everywhere...Slowly I came to realise that BF maps were slightly larger than MW2 maps...
    And with slightly I mean about 20 times larger...

Then I understood how to arm MCOMs and became a kamikaze objective bound player...Angry at those other idiots not running to the objective!...
    And then I found out what a ticket count was...
    (Though I'm still one of the most kamikaze players around I think)

Great times...

I'd say I'm on the usual times...Andy a bit less, what with his sparkly new PC taking up time...
    (I need to get me a sparkly new PC)...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• andytheadequate 18 Jan 2013 11:18:09 8,362 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @AcidSnake - I had the original BF1942 back in the day but it was conquest only. I enjoyed it but it had quite a few problems. DIdn't really bother with BC1 (tried it once online, climbed on top of a huge crane and was then sniped).

I nearly gave up on the beta for BC2, I absolutely hated it at first as I had no idea what was going on. The games we were in were also awful (attacking with half the team on noob mountain) The shooting felt a bit weird at fist as well compared to MW2. I decided it was shit but luckily was persuaded to give it one more go, which ended up being a 3 hour session.

My first go on the game once it had been released was on Nelson Bay. Unsurprisingly I was a bit underwhelmed...

And I've been playing my PSP as much as my PC at the moment.

Edited by andytheadequate at 11:22:40 18-01-2013
  • Mr-Brett 18 Jan 2013 11:40:18 12,896 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I played a silly amount of 1942 but all offline, it was still great but not the same as the AI was rather 'simple' :)

BC1 was great but a bit flawed, at the time I didn't really play with EGers and knew just about nobody that played it so I quickly ranked up to level 50 (it was much easier in 1, took about a month) and stopped playing.

BC2 I instantly loved, even though I'd played far too much CoD4, WaW and MW2 it still just clicked. I played the beta non-stop until my 360 RROD'd so I downloaded it on my PS3 and played it on there :p

• andytheadequate 18 Jan 2013 12:03:21 8,362 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh, and I somehow forgot about BF1943! I played that a lot, hence why my mate kept trying to get me to play BC1/BC2. As with any BF game it isn't until I played in a squad that the game shined.

You two should definitely hurry up and buy a pc/start playing Planetside 2. It's basically sci fi BF but on huge scale. I now know how it works so can give a mini tutorial if anyone is interested.
  • Mr-Brett 18 Jan 2013 12:28:27 12,896 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I may have uninstalled Planetside 2...

I just don't get on with it, the scale is great but the lag isn't. The whole game is confusing especially the UI. Nothing is explained or even slightly obvious other than kill the enemy, which it'll take you 10 minutes to find, at which point you'll probably get killed by a sniper.

• Deleted user 18 January 2013 13:05:57
    I dreamt BC3 got announced last night. It looked awesome. Retaining the same style as BC2. Can only dream eh!
  • AcidSnake 18 Jan 2013 13:39:05 7,297 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll build my PC soon enough...And then I'll gladly follow Andy's Crash Course...

• Tryhard 18 Jan 2013 13:43:00 4,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Someone was talking about bringing out a BC2 map pack for BF3 or BF4. I said the new Arica Harbour would only have one building that would fully collapse. :-(
  • Mr-Brett 18 Jan 2013 13:47:54 12,896 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well there are rumours and I'm pretty sure DICE is a multi team studio, but between BF3 DLC, Mirror's Edge 2 (which is also only rumoured but the rumours are much more solid) and quite likely BF4 who knows if there's a place for BC3 there at the moment?

• AcidSnake 18 Jan 2013 13:54:54 7,297 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Tryhard:
    At least they'll have no difficulty emulating the building types seeing as many were just carbon copies...

Does BF3 still allow only one person at a time on the whole map to knife someone or have they patched that out?

Doubt we'll see BC3 anytime soon with BF3 selling as well as it did...

• Tryhard 18 Jan 2013 14:01:02 4,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think some BC2 maps revisited for BF3 would do for the game like Oasis and Harvest Day did for BC2 when it was dying out a year after release.

I'd choose Arica Harbour,Valpariso and Panama Canal.

It won't happen though.
  • andytheadequate 18 Jan 2013 14:07:57 8,362 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    I may have uninstalled Planetside 2...

I just don't get on with it, the scale is great but the lag isn't. The whole game is confusing especially the UI. Nothing is explained or even slightly obvious other than kill the enemy, which it'll take you 10 minutes to find, at which point you'll probably get killed by a sniper.
    I had horrible lag until I switched to a wireless connection, no problems now.

And all of the other issues can also be levelled at BF. Once you learn how it works you no longer have those issues, hence my offer of a tutorial.

If they'd released a bc2 map pack on BF3 I wouldn't need to play bc2. Conquest is fine on bf3 but rush is a poor imitation of bc2.
  • Mr-Brett 18 Jan 2013 14:35:22 12,896 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah that's fair, BC2 also suffers from those problems. Perhaps it's the massive scale and sci-fi setting that adds to it.

I still don't think I'd get along with it even if it didn't have those problems.

• AcidSnake 18 Jan 2013 14:44:32 7,297 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Tryhard:
    You sound like a conquest player then...
    Arica is one of the best MP maps ever IMO, Valparaiso is a good shout too...I'd probably like Cold War added as a good infantry map and Valdez to level things out...

One thing to remember though with regards to porting the maps to BF3 is that Arica's first stage will be much more difficult to attack seeing as A can't be collapsed anymore...Though that should cut down on the row of tanks sniping away at the A building from the spawn instead of attacking properly...

I don't think I'll ever go back to BF3...Just to be able to play it I have to download about 8GB I think? Not worth the effort...

About planetside, it's the Sci-Fi setting that grabs me the most...Like Section 8, what a great little (overlooked) game that was...

• andytheadequate 18 Jan 2013 14:50:34 8,362 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There are several factions in Planetside, some of them are more Sci fiy than others.

And it really is battlefield on a larger scale, so you should enjoy it, in theory, Brett. The battles are more impressive, but the build up and travel between fights are longer.

In Arica and valaparaiso, would lack of destruction damage them that much? There aren't too many fully destructable buildings on them is there?
  • AcidSnake 18 Jan 2013 15:24:57 7,297 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Arica can very easily boil down to a standstill thanks to B at the first base...
    If adding A as non-collapsible even more matches will hit that wall...
    B at the second set wouldn't be too difficult as it's easily accessible...

Valparaiso doesn't have any collapsible MCOMs...
    Cold War would make the first and last stage more difficult to attack...
    Valdez' second set would be a real bastard too...

Though those could be offset with BF3's next to useless mines...

• andytheadequate 18 Jan 2013 15:32:20 8,362 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I forgot how many collapsible buildings there are on arica second stage...

Cold War would be pointless on BF3 with the lack of destruction. I can't believe that dice thought it was a bad thing that the maps could be levelled. It's the defining point of the game!
  • Tryhard 18 Jan 2013 15:46:19 4,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I played 99% Rush on BC2 and now 99% conquest on BF3. I think I am not the only BF player with that switcharoo.
  • andytheadequate 18 Jan 2013 15:53:16 8,362 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I imagine most players have done that. Conquest needs more players to be fun though, 24 isn't enough. 24 is ideal for rush though
  • Mr-Brett 31 Jan 2013 09:17:37 12,896 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought someone made a thread for it but I couldn't find it, anyway EA confirmed last night that there would be a new BF next year which naturally leads to optimistic speculation that it's BC3.

If it is, I really hope DICE took a good look at what made BC2 great rather and didn't worry too much about carrying over things from BF3. That's the nicest way I can think of wording that...

• andytheadequate 31 Jan 2013 09:51:46 8,362 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    BC2 rox, BF3 sux
    I do agree, but there was probably a more diplomatic way if saying it :)

Keep the conquest from bf3 and the rush from BC2, add in destructable maps again, and it'll be brilliant. I expected it to be out this year rather than next though, unless they were talking about financial year? And after the success of 3 I can't see them going back to bad company
  • andytheadequate 31 Jan 2013 10:19:50 8,362 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The conquest maps were good, but some of them did suffer with 24 players. Surely the next game will up the player count though..

Apart from the odd few, most of the rush maps were pretty poor compared to bc2.
  • Page

of 533 First / Last