Resident Evil 6 Page 46

• Page

of 47 First / Last

• drhcnip 29 Jul 2014 19:16:22 2,651 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    GameCriticDOTcoDOTuk wrote:
    @FrostPan Any Suggestions? Please. I have Dark Souls but I've been too scared to play it yet.
    Don't bother, you'll hate it. It's a bit too... 'Japanese' for you I'd say.
    arf...all bow at the higher knowledge of the game critic....
  • GameCriticDOTcoDOTuk 29 Jul 2014 19:32:00 348 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @drhcnip
    drhcnip wrote:
    console-wise:
    divinity 2: dragon knight
    fallout 3/nv
    skyrim
    two worlds 2 (tw1 if you're patient)
    risen 1&2
    sacred 2
    witcher 2
    dragon age origins:ultimate & 2
    kingdoms of amalur
    diablo 3
    Awesome list. I will have to be very selective as I always finish games but Mass Effect 2 is one of the exceptions, I didn't mean to permanently settle and reside at Citadel. I know my character is still waiting in his bright pink neon armour I customised for him.

I'll probably start with Two Worlds 1 then maybe 2. Two Worlds looks like a 3rd person version of Skyrim. I heard it's very deep as well and you can get lost for days playing it. Also Fallout 3 for credibility, acceptability and curiosity (curse no able version of this word). Do you have a specific favourite?

Plus you get x2...00000 props for having played Mind Jack as well. We need a club.
  • SomaticSense 29 Jul 2014 19:38:34 9,155 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You'll love Two Worlds. The quality of the dialogue is right up your street too.

It'll be your game of the year. It'll be the most polished game you've ever played.
  • -cerberus- 29 Jul 2014 19:41:34 3,629 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SomaticSense Aye, definitely worth spending another 50 hours on.

People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.

• drhcnip 29 Jul 2014 19:42:18 2,651 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @GameCriticDOTcoDOTuk

you'll need to be patient with tw1 as it's fairly broken - i enjoyed it, though

fo3 is my favourite by a long,long way....there's just something about it....just started another playthrough of the goty edition which must be about my 4th or 5th time and i hardly ever replay games...every time i find something new so if you like the idea of getting lost in a deep game i;d go for that...
  • GameCriticDOTcoDOTuk 29 Jul 2014 19:46:37 348 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @SomaticSense

SomaticSense wrote:
    You'll love Two Worlds. The quality of the dialogue is right up your street too.

It'll be your game of the year. It'll be the most polished game you've ever played.
    At first I believed your polite sincerity then as I sometimes do, I checked your beastly game library, expecting to find it as anyone whose list is over 300 gets major kudos, respect and veneration from an individual like me. But... I couldn't find, so I suspect you forgot to put it in there.
  • -cerberus- 29 Jul 2014 19:54:12 3,629 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @GameCriticDOTcoDOTuk He has a private list for masterpieces like Two Worlds. A nuanced list for games with depth nobody but him understands.

People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.

• SomaticSense 29 Jul 2014 19:54:52 9,155 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :D
  • GameCriticDOTcoDOTuk 29 Jul 2014 20:00:36 348 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    @GameCriticDOTcoDOTuk He has a private list for masterpieces like Two Worlds. A nuanced list for games with depth nobody but him understands.
    Makes beyond perfect sense. As it were, only a genius can understand a genius. Thus us gamers must not isolate the lesser ones who still need to evolve to our superior level of consciousness.

I shall present my game library soon, for all those to follow.
  • FrostPan 29 Jul 2014 20:02:36 246 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    /unzips

On a serious note, it should be interesting.

Edited by FrostPan at 20:03:20 29-07-2014
  • ubergine 29 Jul 2014 21:30:24 2,876 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The only thought I have left for this is that Charlton Heston is walking up a beach and sees Resident Evil 6 half-buried in the sand and is all "Nooo! What did you do?!!" and then we zoom out from that and see ANOTHER Charton Heston walking up a more meta beach and he sees this thread and goes "Noooooooo!" in slow motion.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• damagedinc 16 Sep 2014 17:51:14 963 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just been playing through some of this. Love resident evil and avoided this at all costs after the huge bashing it recieved.

Bare with me as i have only played one chapter of leons campaign but dare i say this is not as shit as i was led to believe. Subject to change of cause as i havent played the whole package amd expecting bad things with chris's campaign.

Early impressions

Positives

Camera is better
    Like the new herb system
    Loved atmosphere in the tube section

Negs

Some enemies appear to be led sponges
    A bit too shooty in places

Will post again when played more of the game. I can see where people are unhappy but enjoying so far.

Do wish they would scrap this co op nonsense with multiple campaigns. Just give me leon on his own. Obv resident evil 4 is the mantel all RE games are held to but i seem to remember ashley being a pain in the arse and a lot of shooty sections aswell some no worse then what i have played so far on 6.
  • superbob85 16 Sep 2014 17:59:14 2,821 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    I missed this due to the shocking gameplay vids on youtube. Looks a bit hit and miss to me.
  • bad09 16 Sep 2014 18:17:19 6,255 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @damagedinc

Leon's bit is the best it has to offer, the rest is awful.

I doubt they'll dump the annoying forced co-op anytime soon either seeing as it's in Revelations. Oh well, at least Remake is getting a polish I suppose:)
  • superbob85 16 Sep 2014 18:20:41 2,821 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Wish they would go back to the old school resi games. Played 5 and was massively disappointed.
  • wuntyphyve 16 Sep 2014 18:21:52 1,581 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    The first HALF of Leon's bit is alright. Then It kind of goes: EXPLOSION! CUTSCENE! EXPLOSION! CUTSCENE! Etc etc etc.
  • Darth_Flibble 16 Sep 2014 20:12:44 1,779 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You can't judge the game just on 1 chapter of leon's campaign I'm afraid (which is not too bad compared to the rest of the fucking awful game)
  • wuntyphyve 16 Sep 2014 20:18:21 1,581 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    I'm so so tempted to pick up the first three in the psn retro sale if only to wash the taste of this away.
  • superbob85 16 Sep 2014 20:20:32 2,821 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    I hope to god they dont muck up the remake of the first. Knowing capcom these days anythings possible.
  • damagedinc 16 Sep 2014 21:23:06 963 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    You can't judge the game just on 1 chapter of leon's campaign I'm afraid (which is not too bad compared to the rest of the fucking awful game)
    Yeah thats why i said my opinion may change. Finished leons first chapter and enjoying the 2nd. Now started chris's campaign.
  • bad09 16 Sep 2014 21:27:18 6,255 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    damagedinc wrote: Now started chris's campaign.
    Poor sod :(

Edited by bad09 at 21:27:37 16-09-2014
  • damagedinc 16 Sep 2014 22:54:32 963 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    damagedinc wrote: Now started chris's campaign.
    Poor sod :(
    Chris's first chapter done. Really not hating this like i thought i would. Maybe by the time i get to the last chapters my paitence will wear thin.

At the moment though im regretting not touching this game for two years as its nowhere near as bad as i thought it would be or even led to believe.
  • Steve_Perry 16 Sep 2014 22:56:50 5,200 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You're doing well. I got to some graveyard on leons bit then decided I would rather put my nuts in the toaster than carry on
  • damagedinc 16 Sep 2014 23:09:59 963 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    You're doing well. I got to some graveyard on leons bit then decided I would rather put my nuts in the toaster than carry on
    Haha. I dont think its a bad game just maybe a bad resident evil game. Suffering from a severe identity crisis.
  • damagedinc 17 Sep 2014 22:08:14 963 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    On leons last chapter and chapter 3 with chris.

Explosions and ridiculous boss battles starting to grate a bit. Has been very entertaining though. Sort of have the same feeling playing this as i did with dead space 3. All very pretty and plays very well but the small moments of awesomeness are outweighed by some very average 3rd person shooter moments.
  • bad09 17 Sep 2014 23:27:13 6,255 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    That's where I gave up on Leon to :)
  • bad09 17 Sep 2014 23:32:01 6,255 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:

Explosions and ridiculous boss battles starting to grate a bit. Has been very entertaining though. Sort of have the same feeling playing this as i did with dead space 3. All very pretty and plays very well but the small moments of awesomeness are outweighed by some very average 3rd person shooter moments.
    Told you :)
  • damagedinc 17 Sep 2014 23:39:21 963 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    damagedinc wrote:

Told you :)
    Would say leons is worth sticking with, gets a bit ridiculous by chapter 4 though. Not the terrible experiance i was expecting. Not sure yet if i will do the jake and ada campaign.

For 7 they need to bring back the merchant and the gun upgrades. Along with my ocd loving inventory managment, less being more. With survival horror making a come back maybe thats the directio they will go. Capcom seem to be very adament though this is the direction they wanted to take it.
  • bad09 17 Sep 2014 23:49:44 6,255 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @damagedinc

Well the underperforming 6 was a wake up call for them so the next one will go back to its roots (so no merchant....thankfully!). We may not even get a "7" anyway as the next one may be a reboot. Let's be honest it's go so stupid now they could do a lot worse than just going back to a dodgy lab in a isolated mansion.
  • damagedinc 18 Sep 2014 12:40:16 963 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just completed leons campaign that last chapter is ridiculous haha
  • Page

of 47 First / Last