Resident Evil 6 Page 36

• Page

of 44 First / Last

• King_Edward 13 Oct 2012 20:04:35 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    doctor_fraud wrote:
    and Resi 2 isn't as good as people make it out to be.
    This much is true. It's so much better than people think. It gives me warn fuzzy feelings just thinking about that game.
  • jack24 13 Oct 2012 21:51:11 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you like it that much then sections of resi 6 would probably give you a little resi-gasm.
  • King_Edward 13 Oct 2012 22:16:26 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nothing so far. Lots of cheap homage but it's just aesthetics. Like watching a bad remake of a film you love.
  • jack24 13 Oct 2012 22:46:52 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Meh. I had fun, tis a shame you aren't.
  • King_Edward 13 Oct 2012 22:53:52 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh there's fun in it. Gotta dance around some poop but it's there.
  • Deleted user 13 October 2012 23:30:34
    The vehicle section where you chase Ada in a jeep has to be the worst vehicle section in any game ever.

Ever!
  • SolidSCB 13 Oct 2012 23:35:02 6,401 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    The vehicle section where you chase Ada in a jeep has to be the worst vehicle section in any game ever.

Ever!
    Fucking terrible isn't it? Like driving a shopping trolley full of bricks. Awful.
  • itinkuravinalaff 14 Oct 2012 12:03:23 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I tried the demo again last night after previously condemning to a pile of, well after adjusting the aim speed and familiarizing with the control's the Leon campaign was actually very enjoyable.
  • Ultrasoundwave 14 Oct 2012 15:07:54 3,265 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sticking exclusively to Jakes campaign now, managed to do Chapter 3 last night.

Yep, this game is still brilliant. Definitely a bit more action-packed than previous Resi's, but that actually makes it more appealing as far as im concerned.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Deleted user 14 October 2012 15:09:30
    It's far from brilliant, you couldn't even call it a flawed gem.

It's mediocre at best.
  • Darth_Flibble 14 Oct 2012 15:13:01 1,622 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nothing to do with "nostalgia goggles" RE2 is good as people say

If people like RE6, good. But I find it laughable some people can't accept why some don't like it.
  • dominalien 14 Oct 2012 15:14:07 6,835 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am progressing very slowly through this and while it's not bad, I can't help buy notice at every turn just how ugly it is. It's not about the polygon count or even the design, there's just something really unappealing about what is being shown on screen. A far cry from the previous resis, which were mostly very pleasant to look at.

Also, it's rather boring on my lonesome. I'd very much rather play it with someone, but then the erratic times I have available for gaming currently make it impossible.

PSN: DonOsito

• dominalien 14 Oct 2012 15:14:20 6,835 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted

• jabberwoky 14 Oct 2012 16:06:10 465 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @doctor_fraud

No, the old resi games were not "awful".
  • jack24 14 Oct 2012 16:34:37 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    It's far from brilliant, you couldn't even call it a flawed gem.

It's mediocre at best.
    Opinions, opinions. He thinks it is brilliant, you think it's mediocore, neither of you are wrong. I will say that I've put twenty hours in and still not finished; perhaps I haven't been thrilled the entire time but damn if it hasn't been pretty close.
  • King_Edward 14 Oct 2012 16:35:57 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's quite annoying that I can't play this more atm, but I'm co-oping the whole thing to give the best possible chance. So I only really get on it for an hour or two a week, if at all.

If it's really a 30 hour epic then it's gonna take about three and a half months. :(
  • King_Edward 14 Oct 2012 18:52:15 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I played all the main series games again building up to this one. Code Veronica is the only one I'd call a bad game. RE5 was a bit of a chore at times, but mostly it's just a re-skinned naffed up RE4, so it's still kind of fun. RE1, 2 and 4 are all still among my favourite games ever.

The "nostalgia goggles" strawman is getting a little old. Most people (both reviewers and people buying the game) have been at pains to point out that they do or don't like the game for what it is, not what it should be.

Edited by King_Edward at 20:13:28 14-10-2012
  • dominalien 14 Oct 2012 18:55:46 6,835 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm with king Edward on ths one. I played RE1 and 2 recently and am playing RE3 right now and they're all excellent.

Edited by dominalien at 18:57:52 14-10-2012

• Darth_Flibble 14 Oct 2012 19:10:48 1,622 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    agree with the last 2 posts, still good games, they have aged a bit in terms of graphics (no shit) but they were real SH games not "shooting gallery with explosions" is which we have now. If i want to play that I'll play call of duty or battlefield. Not sure why gamers want every game to be the same sort of thing?

Capcom should bring all the old games on disc for a reasonable price (unlike the d/l of CB and re4) unless they hate money
  • King_Edward 14 Oct 2012 21:53:48 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=7LrVou1Jo7w&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7LrVou1Jo7w&gl=GB

Heh! :)
  • itinkuravinalaff 15 Oct 2012 11:38:58 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yep going 2 get this today, I'm looking forward to playing now after playing the demo over and over last night. I tweaked the aim speed to 8 and lowered the camera speed to 4 and it's made a huge difference. Even enjoyed the Chris campaign now. The guns feel nice and meaty and the melee is fab.
  • Ultrasoundwave 15 Oct 2012 13:07:59 3,265 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I personally have found it excellent. I'll admit, the demo seemed a bit off to me, but everythings clicked into place since trying the full game.

Like ive said previously, i started with the first two chapters of the Leon campaign, then did Chris's first two, then moved onto Jakes campaign where i have stayed since (up to Chapter 4 now).

I honestly cannot understand the hate towards this game - ive enjoyed every aspect of it. Having played all the previous Resi games, this is definitely up there with the best (Resi 4, Code Veronica) IMO.

Of all the reviews i've read, its the Gametrailers one that hits the nail on the head for me.

The very negative reviews on Metacritic are a load of wank quite frankly - Jim Sterling and Tom Chick talking bollocks and awarding low scores to high profile games for the "controversy" - twats.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• jabberwoky 15 Oct 2012 13:17:30 465 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @doctor_fraud You have to remember the context of when they were released, hardware was not very capable in those days so the graphics and control were cutting edge for what they did at that time. Its unfair to judge them by today's standards. But its the game design and imagination, that made them great games. They had atmosphere, pacing, exploration, story, character, and great balancing, not just "open doors, find keys and run past enemies." But if you just like to run around and shoot things really quickly, then I can see your point.
  • GiarcYekrub 15 Oct 2012 14:59:13 3,662 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm of the opinion RE2 is the best game ever made, I own both the PS1 and Gamecube versions.

Currently I'm replaying RE4 again after completing 6 and it astonishes me that capcom got rid of so much of its soul for 6, Yeah there are hectic moments in 4 but they aren't continuous, RE5 felt like wave combat and RE6 isn't that much better, the environments in 6 are so lifeless compared to 4, Removing in game Ex files is the dumbest idea in video game design ever, I want to read what was in the draw when I find it, not in an hours time in some submenu. Also the Treasure system is so much more superior to "skill points"
  • Steve_Perry 15 Oct 2012 15:19:35 3,578 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Its the same with FF13. Why have in game exploration and npcs when you can have a wikipedia submenu with all the monster and location facts.

I loved finding notes, pictures and files in the old resi games. Even in 5 they were some of the better moments. Discovering the story yourself is always better than having cutscenes, QTEs and menus shoved up your arse.

Fuck modern gaming.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• jabberwoky 15 Oct 2012 18:42:32 465 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Steve_Perry Agree completely, I can only assume having it all in a submenu saves modern games designers from the tedium of working out where to put it, and means they don't need an imagination.
  • King_Edward 15 Oct 2012 20:17:16 11,454 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It means it doesn't get in the way of the relentless action. I can see why they wanted rid of them with the direction they're going. It doesn't fit.

Unfortunately they've "planet scannered" it, and taken one poorly executed idea (I really thought the dossiers and journals in RE5 were long winded, uninteresting waffle) out for another.
  • Darth_Flibble 15 Oct 2012 20:56:07 1,622 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Will be interesting to see the reaction to Dead space 3, what EA has shown off a while ago was shown as "Bro-op, army of 2 shooter with 1 character that has to swear every second to appeal to the run and gun gamers" Thankfully bro-op mode is suppose to be not forced unlike RE5 and 6
  • itinkuravinalaff 16 Oct 2012 01:43:30 191 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Into 3rd chapter of Leon and loving it! Gripping!!
  • Page

of 44 First / Last