PlayStation Vita Page 852

• Page

of 902 First / Last

• nickthegun 2 Feb 2014 14:57:52 56,034 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would say hardware fault as its done it in a couple of games now.

It does come and go but when it happens its always at the most inopportune moment.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• TheMayorOfJugs 2 Feb 2014 15:54:05 2,323 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Vita ran out of power fully for the first time ever yesterday in sleep mode. Freaked out because I was playing FFVIII and hadn't saved.....

Hook it up to charge, it won't turn on for 10 mins, but when it does, the game is still running..... I love my Vita :-D
  • Short-Round 2 Feb 2014 16:08:57 1,119 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I would say hardware fault as its done it in a couple of games now.

It does come and go but when it happens its always at the most inopportune moment.
    Fuck socks. My issues have been identical to what you describe - go for a low-block but instead I leap forward. I just thought the game wasn't keeping up with the inputs. It's so intermittent that if I try and replicate the error, I can't.

I don't want to have to buy another Vita :/
  • Mr-Brett 2 Feb 2014 17:20:33 12,681 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    Vita ran out of power fully for the first time ever yesterday in sleep mode. Freaked out because I was playing FFVIII and hadn't saved.....

Hook it up to charge, it won't turn on for 10 mins, but when it does, the game is still running..... I love my Vita :-D
    I had that happen in Persona 4, I usually went about 8 hours between saves and just relied on the suspend. Like you I panicked but was pretty surprised and happy to see it had kept it going.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Siobheon 2 Feb 2014 20:11:50 71 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been playing the curve bundle (proteus, stealth Inc, Thomas was alone and another one). I bought it for proteus, but both TWA and stealth are really good. Proteus is a bit of a disappointment, I get the art, but I think that sort of thing has to embellish a game, rather than be the whole game.

Pretty happy with it though, and I haven't tried the last game yet, although survival horror isn't really my thing.
  • santashi 3 Feb 2014 01:32:18 4,940 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Off for a few days to the Frozen North, with my Vita and Kindle in tow for the waiting/transport time (currently managed to get to departure gate over 2 hours before flight leaves, oops).

I'm mainly playing the new Broken Sword game at the moment, and I was wondering if anyone knows if the %completion refers to just the Part 1 that is currently released, or the game as a whole?

The Vita needs more point and clicks...

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Humperfunk 3 Feb 2014 01:41:23 1,614 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Think it maxes out at 50% I believe so just part 1.

Definitely needs more of these games :)

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• santashi 3 Feb 2014 02:45:32 4,940 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Aw, I think I must be near the end of Part 1 then.

Aside from Machinarium, are there any other point and clicks on the Vita?

• Murbal 3 Feb 2014 06:48:55 21,565 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Walking Dead but surely you'll have played that by now?
  • lucky_jim 3 Feb 2014 08:10:50 5,164 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @santashi
    As Murbal says, TWD, but there was also that recent comedy one (I think it was called "Stick it to the Man"?) that seemed to be well received. Iirc, it has some platform-y bits, but is a point-and-click at heart.
  • santashi 3 Feb 2014 11:44:10 4,940 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh, yep, I forgot to include the Waking Dead! Well spotted. :)

I'll look that one you mentioned up, luckyjim. I wouldn't mind some more traditional style ones like Broken Sword, Monkey Island and the Discworld, though.

• feeg86 3 Feb 2014 12:09:13 578 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Finally got Remote play working on another wifi (at the In-Laws) yesterday, it's glorious. Worked better than at home in fact!
  • binky Moderator 3 Feb 2014 12:09:26 9,247 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So this lunchtime I'm going to take my first tentative steps into the world of Final Fantasy. I'm not an JRPG player of any sorts, so I'm sure I'll be back here later saying "WTF IS THIS SHITE?!" but I'm hoping I'll get some enjoyment out of it as I've always been fascinated from afar.

How does the battle system work in FFIV? Should I just be attacking at the start of the game or worth defending too?
  • aros 3 Feb 2014 12:49:58 2,073 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Defend when the enemy is about to use a powerful attack I guess?
  • binky Moderator 3 Feb 2014 12:57:15 9,247 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @aros But how would I know when that's coming up? Oh well, I'll have a look. The internet has drawn a blank for "FF7 battle tutorials" instead it offers me plenty of help on how to play the musical themes... o_O
  • uiruki 3 Feb 2014 12:58:30 3,546 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It depends on the game. In some it's more useful (Persona 4 stops characters being knocked down by attacks they're weak to, Bravely Default gives you an extra turn) but unless there's a big blockbuster attack you're getting seriously hurt by, I wouldn't worry too much about it. By their nature, there are a fair few Japanese RPGs which don't demand much more than pressing attack for the first little while at the start.
  • mcmothercruncher 3 Feb 2014 13:10:45 5,768 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @crispyduckman
    crispyduckman wrote:
    Anyone got Thomas was alone cloud sync problems? I can't seem to get may vita progress transferred to the ps3.
    Did you ever get this working Crispy?

I cannot get progress to appear on the PS3 after going through about a third of the game on the Vita :(
  • Donk10 3 Feb 2014 13:30:03 96 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Im gutted I was gonna pick up a vita this weekend but I didnt in the end and now the wifes just phoned me to say the washers fucked!, oh well by by vita until next month. At the rate theyll be brunging out the 3000 model before I get one :(
  • melv 3 Feb 2014 14:25:19 57 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher After syncing you need to go to the level select and it will have the level you got up to.
  • crispyduckman 3 Feb 2014 15:30:54 1,846 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher Yep, it works. The game syncs the last completed level. When you switch device, don't click continue, but go into level select and you'll see your progress has been synced into there. Then just select the latest unlocked level.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• PazJohnMitch 3 Feb 2014 15:42:09 7,314 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Aw, I think I must be near the end of Part 1 then.

Aside from Machinarium, are there any other point and clicks on the Vita?
    Jacob Jones is kind of in the same genre too. I thought that was supposed to be episodic but only ep1 exists.
  • PazJohnMitch 3 Feb 2014 15:47:27 7,314 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @binky

I have never defended on a FF game.

(With the exception of the FFXIII which made it obvious when it was required).
  • PazJohnMitch 3 Feb 2014 15:52:58 7,314 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In most JRPGs defend seems to only be useful if proceeded by a move that draws all the attacks to the person defending.

Although even then outright attack is usually preferable.
  • lucky_jim 3 Feb 2014 16:17:48 5,164 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @santashi

It was "Stick it to the Man" that I was thinking of - and with a metacritic average of 81 from critics' reviews, I'm very tempted to pick it up myself (but surely its a strong candidate to be PS+ at some point, being a high-scoring game that a lot of people don't seem to have heard of?)
  • Gunzberg 3 Feb 2014 17:46:06 936 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    @santashi

It was "Stick it to the Man" that I was thinking of - and with a metacritic average of 81 from critics' reviews, I'm very tempted to pick it up myself (but surely its a strong candidate to be PS+ at some point, being a high-scoring game that a lot of people don't seem to have heard of?)
    I enjoyed Stick It..played it via Steam though. Definitely worth a playthrough

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• mrpon 3 Feb 2014 19:15:04 27,664 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone fixed this? Yes I have over 600MB free.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• H1ggyLTD 3 Feb 2014 19:23:55 1,397 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    binky wrote:
    So this lunchtime I'm going to take my first tentative steps into the world of Final Fantasy. I'm not an JRPG player of any sorts, so I'm sure I'll be back here later saying "WTF IS THIS SHITE?!" but I'm hoping I'll get some enjoyment out of it as I've always been fascinated from afar.

How does the battle system work in FFIV? Should I just be attacking at the start of the game or worth defending too?
    Your mages, who may well be armed with arrows, aren't much good at attacking, and if there's no healing to be done a defend can be useful.
  • mcmothercruncher 3 Feb 2014 19:33:50 5,768 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks crispy and melt.
    I did do that earlier, but I couldn't get it to work. I was sitting with the Vita and DS3 in my lap, perhaps I wasn't waiting long enough between devices. Will try again.
  • H1ggyLTD 3 Feb 2014 20:56:37 1,397 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bit.Trip Runner's - i require assistance...
  • Wavey 3 Feb 2014 22:01:07 262 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just started tactics ogre: let us cling together, and my god its difficult. anyone played it and can offer some tips?
  • Page

of 902 First / Last