• Page

of 903 First / Last

• TheMayorOfJugs 17 Nov 2013 13:23:17 2,328 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Nazo wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    Nazo wrote:
    So does every boss in Persona 4 have a cheap insta death move? After an hour of dungeon trawl only to get wiped out in one attack and lose all my progress I am not loving this game right now.
    Save before bosses always :-o

As far as I know, only the bebbeh and the final 3 and the optional bosses have insta deaths.
    But if you're underleveled or they catch your weaknesses, it can be cruel :-(

I take it you're playing hard mode if you couldn't restart on the same floor?
    To save before a boss do I need to use the dungeon escape item to go back outside? Does it always let you go straight back in at the point where you left?

I'm playing on normal, how does the continue work? Sometimes it lets me continue from where I died, other times it gives me an instant game over. I'm only replaying the first dungeon, my characters seemed fine against the regular mobs and we were doing ok against the boss but suddenly he pulled out an AoE attack out of nowhere that did double my chars max hp in damage and wiped out the whole party :-(
    Yup if you use a Goho-M (go home) you can go back in at the same floor you left, always.

So you're doing the optional second boss in the first dungeon is it?
    Never had a problem with a move like that on Normal or Hard :S Maybe it was an unlucky crit or something?

It should ask you when you die if you want to either continue from the start of the battle (Easy), continue from the start of the floor (Normal) or load your last save. Can't really say/understand why you got an instant game over :{
  • CompetitiveDad 17 Nov 2013 17:46:02 1,376 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Apologies if this has been posted & for the length.

Vita remote play - Joystiq

Like the PlayStation Camera, Remote Play isn't something that every PlayStation 4 owner will get to experience, since it requires a PlayStation Vita, but the feature warrants a place in this review. Put simply, it's kind of astounding, although there are some caveats. The long and short of it is simple: Using the PS4 Link app on your Vita (available with a recent system update), you can utilize almost all of your PlayStation 4's functions remotely. You can navigate menus, browse the PlayStation Store, edit and upload videos and screenshots and, of course, play games. If your PS4 is in standby mode, the Vita can even turn the system on remotely. There are, however, some things you can't do remotely, including live streaming or watching videos services like Netflix and Amazon Instant. Still, being able to play full PlayStation 4 games in any room of my house is very impressive.

With both my Vita and PS4 hooked up to the same WiFi network, as Sony recommends, the gameplay quality was virtually flawless, with no latency between button presses and on-screen reaction that I could perceive. I was able to play Resogun, a quick-paced, precision-demanding game with no problems. Likewise I was able to play Assassin's Creed 4 and Battlefield 4 without issue - at least in terms of latency and quality.

As exciting as Remote Play is, you will have to contend with the fact that Vita doesn't have all the same control options as a DualShock 4, meaning many of the PlayStation 4's buttons are translated to the unintuitive rear touch pad. By default, L2 and R2 are mapped to the upper left and upper right quadrants of the touch pad, while L3 and R3 (analog stick buttons) are mapped to the lower left and lower right quadrants. Developers are free to change this control scheme however. Battlefield 4, for example, puts the essential L2 and R2 on the Vita's shoulder buttons, where they feel much more natural. Assassin's Creed 4 does the same thing, and it also sensibly places L3 and R3 in the lower corners of the touch screen.

Remote Play makes more sense for certain games and genres than others. Shoot-em-ups like Resogun are a near perfect fit. Battlefield 4, on the other hand, doesn't work very well at all. There just isn't enough travel on the tiny analog sticks to aim with much accuracy, making fine adjustments almost impossible. Sure, you can dial down the in-game sensitivity option, but then your soldier will turn at a snail's pace - not good in a military shooter. Not only that, but the reflex action of drawing your knife becomes a clumsy game of trying to tap the lower right quadrant of the touch pad.

As more developers come to grips with the PlayStation 4, I'm sure we'll see some more intuitive Vita layouts. The layout for Assassin's Creed 4 already works well, and I can easily see myself taking on a few naval battles and stabbing some targets from my bedroom.

Remote Play is a very cool feature, and it adds some great value for anyone with a PlayStation Vita.

Edited by CompetitiveDad at 17:46:48 17-11-2013

Gamertag - Belly (2 capital i's)
    PSN ID - Belly (2 capital i's)
    NNID - CompetitiveDad

Feel free to add me :)

• SomaticSense 17 Nov 2013 17:51:20 7,064 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hope all PS4 devs make the same effort, and offer the same remote play control method as AC4.
  • ill00m 17 Nov 2013 18:26:01 31 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dave_McCoy wrote:
    Got a reply from Shopto. Apparently EA have extended the FIFA codes expiration so it will still work. I haven't tried it mind as the code is quite hard to scratch off so I ruined part of the code rubbing it with a coin. :(
    Cheers Dave!
  • CharlieStCloud 18 Nov 2013 07:32:23 4,700 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is this the best, best PS Vita deal of the year?

PS Vita + Tearaway + LittleBigPlanet + 16GB memory card thingummy for 139

... what an astonishing price!

\^o^/
  • aros 18 Nov 2013 09:15:38 2,085 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Remote Play seems to work great from all reports - I am most interested to try it without WiFi at all and see what the direct PS4 to Vita connection is like for moving from screen to bed.
  • mrpon 18 Nov 2013 09:17:35 27,676 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I liked this...

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• teamHAM 18 Nov 2013 13:00:14 2,412 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

\^o^/
    That is amazing value for money!

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• kalel 18 Nov 2013 13:13:26 84,068 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd probably still go for the ten game mega pack pound for pound.
  • aros 18 Nov 2013 13:21:19 2,085 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's been confirmed that Minecraft for the Vita will be using the engine and code from the console version, not the Pocket Edition ! :D
  • ill00m 18 Nov 2013 14:09:51 31 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So I just had my Vita delivered to work, bang on time for lunch break. Could only cop a feel, but build quality wise it is perfection. Fascia and screen collects finger marks like you wouldn't believe.

Hope it plays well as a standalone. I sacrificed my overpriced BF4 PS4 pre-order for it!

PS: That 16gig card is insanely small. I could easily swallow it!

Edited by ill00m at 14:11:19 18-11-2013
  • Gl3n Moderator 18 Nov 2013 15:35:30 5,168 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Been getting a few C errors on my Vita :(

Also, i've noticed how the battery life is completely knackered when I go to wake the thing, even if it's been on charge and unplayed. Today I've experienced my first blue light of death which resolved after a hard reboot. When it came back there was virtually no battery left.

Might be related to bunging a Giffgaff sim in there?

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• Murbal 18 Nov 2013 15:55:35 21,575 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bummer :-(

Soooo glad mine's a wi-fi only model.
  • StixxUK 18 Nov 2013 16:17:31 7,174 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Remote play working well is great news, now for the PS4 to get some decent games.

See you in 5 years everyone ;-)
  • Daniel_Spencer 18 Nov 2013 17:18:28 73 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @ill00m It's almost so good, that I now feel like a melon for getting the Vita bundle with the 10 games pack.
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Nov 2013 17:25:54 13,831 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

\^o^/
    I went for this today, I had 45 in credit with Play as well. I have mainly (re) bought for Football manager vita, when it arrives...if I dont sell or trade by then ;-)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Flying_Pig 18 Nov 2013 17:35:45 10,307 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

\^o^/
    Is it wrong that I'm tempted by this...?
  • kinky_mong 18 Nov 2013 17:47:06 9,609 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Couldn't resist that offer, finally time to play all those Vita games I've been stockpiling from PS Plus!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• CompetitiveDad 18 Nov 2013 18:15:57 1,376 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Couldn't resist that offer, finally time to play all those Vita games I've been stockpiling from PS Plus!
    Great decision. :)

Gamertag - Belly (2 capital i's)
    PSN ID - Belly (2 capital i's)
    NNID - CompetitiveDad

Feel free to add me :)

• Short-Round 18 Nov 2013 20:00:31 1,123 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    From the USGamer review of Injustice:

"The PlayStation Vita version is only for diehard fans, because the detailed characters models and levels did not survive the transition to the portable platform. It's still 60 fps, but it's a muddy mess at 60 fps. The Vita controls are workable, but unreliable at times. It's a nice try by Armature, but it only deserves 1.5 out of 5 stars."
  • Daniel_Spencer 18 Nov 2013 20:16:51 73 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Short-Round Damn! Well, its a solid action game and to be honest, Mortal Kombat is still awesome on Vita and so is BlazBlue. I wish Super Street fighter 4 ultra came to vita.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 18 Nov 2013 20:20:09 24,607 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh.

Might give that a miss then.
  • nickthegun 18 Nov 2013 20:59:01 56,075 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Damn, thats a shame. Still, at 12 squids, I would be surprised if I didnt get at least the money back in trade after a week or so.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Moot_Point 18 Nov 2013 21:03:35 3,539 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:

\^o^/
    I went for this today, I had 45 in credit with Play as well. I have mainly (re) bought for Football manager vita, when it arrives...if I dont sell or trade by then ;-)
    You keeping something? What are the odds on that?! ;)

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• aros 19 Nov 2013 09:18:34 2,085 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Damn, thats a shame. Still, at 12 squids, I would be surprised if I didnt get at least the money back in trade after a week or so.
    I'll pay you 15 for it.

Send me a message on PSN if you decide to sell it: aros2011

I think it's insane that reviewers always claim it's not all about graphics then mark a game down from 7/10 to 3/10 for having lower quality textures than console (it's a handheld!) while admitting the gameplay and content is exactly the same. Exactly the same gameplay and content as console is still impressive IMO, only idiots expect graphics not to take a hit.

Edited by aros at 09:21:33 19-11-2013
  • nickthegun 19 Nov 2013 09:29:19 56,075 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hah, you may be on! But, having read a few reviews, it seems like, yes, the graphics are total shite, but the gameplay is unchanged and it runs at 60fps which is the main thing.

If it looked nicer and didnt run at 60fps, it would be useless, because you couldnt use it as a portable training tool for the home version (ive got it on the PC, so thats exactly what I will be doing)

So, yeah, I dunno. This is one of those times when you will have to make up your own mind because if its the same game with shit graphics, I can probably live with that.

He totally called it

• Zizoo 19 Nov 2013 09:33:41 7,736 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Another review. In this one they accuse it of being a lazy port, but USGamer say the dev seems to have tried their best. Who to believe...

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/11/14/review-injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition-ps-vita/62289/
  • Murbal 19 Nov 2013 09:40:42 21,575 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've already come to terms with the fact that I'll be selling my copy. New Zelda and Tearaway on Friday, Bravely Default early December not to mention I'm awaiting a copy of Soul Hackers that seems to be taking an age... I can't justify another game even if it is massively different to everything else I have on the go.
  • nickthegun 19 Nov 2013 09:42:05 56,075 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its a weird review. The main beef is that the ultimate edition isnt very ultimate and also that the vita doesnt have enough buttons which, while true, just means that some macros are missing.

The throw, for example, was always square+X, the trigger was just both buttons mapped together. Its the same command with SF x T and (on the home consoles and 3DS) SF4.

So, yeah, the important bit is that it runs and controls well, which it seems to do.

He totally called it

• Murbal 19 Nov 2013 09:46:20 21,575 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • Page

of 903 First / Last