PlayStation Vita Page 733

• Page

of 898 First / Last

• Carlo 30 Sep 2013 22:10:55 17,911 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    anyone use the 3g? what card and tarrif do you have and who is it with?
    I just use the Vodafone one that came with it. Top it up by 5 and it lasts for a month. I generally use it when on a remote family holiday.
    thanks, my one didn't come with a sim (which is odd but there you go)

I can get a data only sim with gifgaf for 5 a month... 500mb.hiw much data do you get?

PSN ID: Djini

• elstoof 30 Sep 2013 22:17:36 6,136 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can you use your phone as a wifi hotspot
  • Flying_Pig 30 Sep 2013 22:18:45 10,270 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @cheeky_prawnking - Hotline Miami is amazing.
  • greenmekon 30 Sep 2013 22:20:04 150 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    @Wolves1877 Had this one since launch. It's ace
    That is a top case which I also have, use it everyday
  • H1ggyLTD 30 Sep 2013 22:25:21 1,360 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's nothing like Smash TV. (Which i'm still crying out for).

But it is great.
  • Carlo 30 Sep 2013 22:26:59 17,911 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Can you use your phone as a wifi hotspot
    yes, but I'm concerned about my battery life.

• Calciumee 30 Sep 2013 23:22:02 4 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @cheeky_prawnking I actually prefer to play Hotline Miami on my Vita! I love the targeting system with the touch screen!

PSN: Calciumee

• cheeky_prawnking 1 Oct 2013 09:04:40 3,789 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cheers all. Might give it a try then sounds interesting.
  • santashi 1 Oct 2013 09:46:08 4,926 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    anyone use the 3g? what card and tarrif do you have and who is it with?
    I just use the Vodafone one that came with it. Top it up by 5 and it lasts for a month. I generally use it when on a remote family holiday.
    thanks, my one didn't come with a sim (which is odd but there you go)

I can get a data only sim with gifgaf for 5 a month... 500mb.hiw much data do you get?
    If I recall rightly, it's 250MB, but I've never used it up within the month. Does that mean they've stopped doing the free Wipeout deal then?

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Carlo 1 Oct 2013 10:19:51 17,911 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Free Wipeout deal?!?!?!

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Sony/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-WipEout-2048-Offer/td-p/1016915

Offer ended March 2013 (under the terms)

Edited by Carlo at 10:22:23 01-10-2013

• TheMightyRose 1 Oct 2013 15:01:00 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Who knew that The Mighty Rose was so loved?

Tim Rose (me!) has only just gotten around to checking out the responses from the last time I was on EG and he is truly humbled by the backing he has gotten. To know that I am so well thought of really warms me old cockles.

Truth is Mighty Rose fans can be a bit extreme at times. Take Cheryl Cole for example. Not content with simply getting a 'Tim Rose was here' or small Chockies the Cat tattoo on her butt cheek she had to go the whole hog and get an entire rose tattooed onto her booty. I was flattered by this of course but also slightly disturbed and Tim Rose only hopes that my many fans on EG do not go to such extremes (Zizoo and Murbal etc) to prove their devotion to the legend.

With such backing then surely the Mighty Rose appreciation thread cannot be far away. When the Future Tim Rose, that is The Mighty Rose from the future, told me that one day EG would have a dedicated thread to the babe magnet extraordinaire I'll be honest with you guys I thought he (future version of me!) was blowing smoke up my butt. But who knows maybe the dude had something?

One thing is for sure The Mighty Rose will be on here a lot more from now on, as he would not want to let down his many fans, and it is all thanks to RyanDS. Nice one son. Tim Rose is sure everyone will be rushing to congratulate you later on.

Guys!

I got the platinum on EDF Vita! Holy Smokies!

Now you know me guys I don't like to toot my own horn but as this was an absolute nightmare to get, and took many months to achieve, I thought I would share my delight with me fellow vita bros upon getting it. Tim Rose for the win!

At this current moment The Mighty Rose is currently playing through Lone Survivor The Director's Cut and it is a really great little game. The atmosphere and setting is excellent although I do keep getting lost in the basement. The clever way it is designed has really given me ideas for how I could make more levels in future on lbp vita.
  • Carlo 1 Oct 2013 15:12:13 17,911 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29248391/list-top-5-easiest-platinum-trophies-for-vita

• TheMightyRose 1 Oct 2013 15:20:35 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pfft. Tim Rose never does anything the easy way Carlo son.

I missed out on Wipeout as well as I just never got round to downloading it. Even with a 32gb card there is just not enough space on me card.

If I have the choice then I will always go physical (as Olivia Newton-John sang) so The Mighty Rose must confess to being a bit put out that The Walking Dead on Vita was denied this in the UK. It looks like it would be a great title to add to the collection but I am not downloading it. I guess one must order a US copy instead. Which of course raises the question: Is the DLC already loaded onto the card?

Give me a fennel sausage and I will change the world!

Edited by TheMightyRose at 15:44:05 01-10-2013
  • Kangoo 1 Oct 2013 15:32:21 1,011 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @TheMightyRose

Welcome back Mr Rose

Amazon says the 400 days additional episode is on the cart, can't see any reason why there would be any impact with transferring a save to Season 2.

PSN: Adwab2

• TheMightyRose 1 Oct 2013 15:45:17 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Thanks for that info Kangoo.

Tim Rose will be placing an order for the US copy very soon now!
  • jayolad 1 Oct 2013 16:00:14 7 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Massive newbie question here guys, so sorry in advance. I've just managed to get a pretty good deal on a Vita and should have it by Thursday. I've been looking into PS+ and, while I'm pretty sure I understand it, I just want to check a few things. If I join I can download, and keep (as long as I retain my subscription) the current games such as SFvT, Gravity Rush, Uncharted and Stealth Inc, is that correct? And are there any restrictions such as needing to be online to play? Again I don't think so but it pays to check.

As I say I'm pretty sure that's it, but as an Xbox gamer it just seems too good to be true. Thanks for any help!

Edited by jayolad at 16:00:35 01-10-2013

Edited by jayolad at 16:01:06 01-10-2013
  • bunglebonce 1 Oct 2013 16:02:47 2,024 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @jayolad the only catch is that you need to sub. You can play in offline mode if you want (I imagine that it wouldn't work after 30 days off being offline though).

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• Deleted user 1 October 2013 16:03:20
    As long as you retain your subscription, they're yours to keep, and you can download them as many times as you want.

I don't think you need to be online, but haven't tested, as my PS3 is always connected.
  • Carlo 1 Oct 2013 16:04:16 17,911 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jayolad wrote:
    Massive newbie question here guys, so sorry in advance. I've just managed to get a pretty good deal on a Vita and should have it by Thursday. I've been looking into PS+ and, while I'm pretty sure I understand it, I just want to check a few things. If I join I can download, and keep (as long as I retain my subscription) the current games such as SFvT, Gravity Rush, Uncharted and Stealth Inc, is that correct? And are there any restrictions such as needing to be online to play? Again I don't think so but it pays to check.

As I say I'm pretty sure that's it, but as an Xbox gamer it just seems too good to be true. Thanks for any help!

Edited by jayolad at 16:00:35 01-10-2013
    Frankly I'd buy a year. You can get it for as low as 30 if you look around. Not a lot for what you're getting!

• monkman76 1 Oct 2013 16:04:45 3,393 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @jayolad That's pretty much it, yes. And if your subscription lapses and then you resubscribe later, then the games become available again.

You don't need to be online, no. If you long press the game icon on the Vita's home screen and press Info, it shows you when the game 'expires', ie. when your current subscription is due to expire.
  • Kangoo 1 Oct 2013 16:05:44 1,011 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @jayolad

No restrictions, you keep whatever you download as long as you keep subscribing. Even if you don't have any space on your memory card, you can purchase and not download so that it stays in your purchased items list.

It doesn't hurt to visit the online store and put aside any PS3/PS4 games in case you buy one later on.

It is a ridiculously good offer and you can see why people think they are missing something.

Also, welcome to the club.

PSN: Adwab2

• monkman76 1 Oct 2013 16:06:35 3,393 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    bunglebonce wrote:
    @jayolad the only catch is that you need to sub. You can play in offline mode if you want (I imagine that it wouldn't work after 30 days off being offline though).
    I don't think there's a 30 day limit - the Vita knows what date the game expires. But then I've never been offline for more than 30 days so I couldn't say for sure.
  • jayolad 1 Oct 2013 16:20:27 7 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hi guys, that's fantastic, many thanks for all the help. I can see I'm going to have to upgrade the 8Gb card I got (well, am getting) with the unit! Is there any problem with hot swapping multiple memory cards at all?

And Kangoo, that's a great idea re adding PS3/4 games to the queue too, cheers for that.
  • santashi 1 Oct 2013 16:42:51 4,926 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @TheMightyRose hurrah! You're back. I was beginning to think you'd ditched us!

The only thing I'd say about getting the US Walking Dead is that it would probably mean you'd have to get the US version of the sequel, too, if information carries over and you're bothered about that (which might be a problem if there's off-cart DLC for 2 at some point). But if that isn't a problem for you then go for it. :)

• aros 1 Oct 2013 16:53:00 2,036 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheMightyRose wrote:
    Pfft. Tim Rose never does anything the easy way Carlo son.

I missed out on Wipeout as well as I just never got round to downloading it. Even with a 32gb card there is just not enough space on me card.

If I have the choice then I will always go physical (as Olivia Newton-John sang) so The Mighty Rose must confess to being a bit put out that The Walking Dead on Vita was denied this in the UK. It looks like it would be a great title to add to the collection but I am not downloading it. I guess one must order a US copy instead. Which of course raises the question: Is the DLC already loaded onto the card?

Give me a fennel sausage and I will change the world!
    I have the US physical version of Walking Dead, everything is on the card and it's all swell.
  • Flying_Pig 1 Oct 2013 17:14:28 10,270 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just to let you lads know: VG+ has P4G for 18.78 And the brilliant Portable Charger for 15.65

Pretty decent prices IMO
  • santashi 2 Oct 2013 07:22:16 4,926 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    More dungeon crawling goodness from Experience coming to the Vita: ta da.

• aros 2 Oct 2013 09:26:52 2,036 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    After reading a bit of a Valhalla Knights 3 preview I was a bit confused as it mentioned exploring etc, i thought it was just a monster hunter style game?
  • uiruki 2 Oct 2013 09:39:59 3,527 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    More dungeon crawling goodness from Experience coming to the Vita: ta da.
    Looking forward to this. As I mentioned in the EO4 thread I really appreciate a game system getting "out of the way" and leaving the player to just enjoy hacking, slashing and exploring, and Experience's releases of late have really shown that. Fast auto battle, auto pilot and good mapping mean a minimum of pauses while playing.

I've been playing more Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate, and my time is split about 50/50 with the ps3. The ease of cross save definitely helps. I'm about halfway through the original campaign and I'd forgotten just how goofy the whole thing is. I appreciate that they haven't tried to "fix" characters like Wang "press square three times, charge Trinity Attack halfway" Yuanji and Ryu "Izuna Drop" Hayabusa which makes missions with them lots of fun.
  • Cosmopolitan 2 Oct 2013 09:54:58 1,890 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    aros wrote:
    After reading a bit of a Valhalla Knights 3 preview I was a bit confused as it mentioned exploring etc, i thought it was just a monster hunter style game?
    I've only had experience with previous 2 games, but they are no Monster Hunter. I'd call them straight action RPGs with tedious dungeon walking/exploring.

The Master of Unlocking.

• Page

of 898 First / Last