PlayStation Vita Page 528

• Page

of 900 First / Last

• nickthegun 2 Mar 2013 20:13:01 55,902 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its basically the same game as the last lot and was never worth a full price release but, yeah, its absolutely brilliant. I appreciate that is totally contradictory.

I get a bit carried away and sit there rocking out in the corner. Its good a good selection of music this time.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Murbal 2 Mar 2013 20:13:47 21,547 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Popzeus wrote:
    Late to the party here but Lumines is a bit bloody good, isn't it?
    :-)

Glad you're enjoying it.
  • jonsaan 2 Mar 2013 21:13:26 25,255 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh yes. Lumines is superb.

FCUTA!

• dsmx 2 Mar 2013 21:50:23 7,414 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have to be careful with lumines I find it stupidly addictive, i can put it on and I'll be happily playing it until the battery dies. It's like playing it on my psp all over again and that time I only stopped playing it because I broke the UMD of it.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Widge Moderator 2 Mar 2013 21:55:03 12,604 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just read a report that the price cut in Japan has caused the vita to fly off the shelves. Good timing for Soul Sacrifice.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• elstoof 2 Mar 2013 21:57:03 6,141 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lumines is the reason I haven't been on the store for a month, it's just too risky.
  • Trowel 2 Mar 2013 22:04:37 16,860 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    HiddenAway wrote:
    @Zackv4861 I'd assume you'd go to Content Manager, Cloud Storage and then select Cloud -> PS Vita. Then select the save you want. Having played 15 hours though, I'll let you risk it :)
    I can confirm this is exactly what you have to do, having just is second done it with Shinobido. No probs whatsoever.
    Or Settings > PlayStation Network > Automatic Update Settings (to save having to do it manually for each game)
  • santashi 2 Mar 2013 22:41:19 4,938 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    HiddenAway wrote:
    @Zackv4861 I'd assume you'd go to Content Manager, Cloud Storage and then select Cloud -> PS Vita. Then select the save you want. Having played 15 hours though, I'll let you risk it :)
    I can confirm this is exactly what you have to do, having just is second done it with Shinobido. No probs whatsoever.
    I'm guessing you have the digital version. The physical Shinobido is cart-save only, and thus will stay on my shelf for a long time. :p

On a side note I think it's just my Japanese games that won't auto upload saves to the cloud. Mystery solved. Sort of.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• uiruki 2 Mar 2013 22:43:18 3,531 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I had to manually select "upload automatically" for each save in the information section of the Content Manager. Maybe it's that. No idea why it doesn't just ask you like PS3.
  • santashi 2 Mar 2013 22:51:09 4,938 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    All my games are ticked for auto upload bar the ones that are cart saves (Shinobido and VLR). I think it's just the Japanese ones that aren't uploading by themselves but I might be wrong.

And yep, would be handy if it asked. :)

• jonsaan 3 Mar 2013 08:51:47 25,255 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cart saves locked to account are rubbish. You can't use them on another account without resetting the cart stored data. Beware.

Edited by jonsaan at 08:52:11 03-03-2013

FCUTA!

• Cosmopolitan 4 Mar 2013 08:18:08 1,897 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Cosmopolitan wrote:
    What the... I cancelled my used Vita order with GAME and my bank account still got charged. What should I do now? And they confirmed the cancellation too...
    Check next bank day and you should find you get a refund. Happened to me before.
    You were right...except that they kept 8 EUR (aprox. 7 GBP) for what? Bastards.

The Master of Unlocking.

• Murbal 4 Mar 2013 08:31:11 21,547 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Exchange rate fluctuations? I dunno. Regardless, you never learn do you Cosmo ;-)
  • aros 4 Mar 2013 08:43:11 2,053 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Perhaps to cover the cost of changing the euros to GBP and back?

Still no NGSP2
  • Nemesis 4 Mar 2013 10:13:05 18,446 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thanks for the links, I went with the simple pouch for 8 as it's really going to be for home use.

This 4GB card is completely useless! Well, not completely, but that 32GB card can't come quickly enough.

I'm really enjoying this piece of kit, I think coming to the Vita a year in has done me some favours. I've been quietly stashing PSN+ titles away for a few months now so I have plenty to sink my teeth into.

One thing I noticed was Black Ops was impossible to play during the daytime. Too ruddy dark, silly game.
  • Gregolution 4 Mar 2013 10:29:14 3,116 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Just read a report that the price cut in Japan has caused the vita to fly off the shelves. Good timing for Soul Sacrifice.
    is it the price cut or Soul Sacrifice causing it to fly off shelves. I've said for ages I reckon SS is the Japanese system seller game.

I guess both contribute but it's definitley not just the price cut.
  • Darren 4 Mar 2013 11:08:40 8,321 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have the game card version of Lumines but I'd like to put the digital copy on my memory card for convenience - can I do that without losing my save progress and settings, etc.?

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Murbal 4 Mar 2013 11:10:30 21,547 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    I have the game card version of Lumines but I'd like to put the digital copy on my memory card for convenience - can I do that without losing my save progress and settings, etc.?
    Backup your save to the cloud via content manager, download Lumines, then if you lose you save in the process you can just reverse the process. You should be ok though.
  • Murbal 4 Mar 2013 11:11:07 21,547 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Assuming you're on PS+ that is.
  • Darren 4 Mar 2013 11:14:27 8,321 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Thanks Darren! I liked the fast paced madness of the first one so more of the same isn't a bad thing.
    Destructiod gave this 5.5/10: http://www.destructoid.com/review-ninja-gaiden-sigma-2-plus-246378.phtml

They complained about the framerate: it's 30 fps but not consistent like the first PS Vita game (not that I've noticed), lacks the Japanese voice-overs (doesn't bother me at all and I suspect it was dropped to keep the game a reasonable size as there are lots of FMV cutscenes) and online co-op (again, not something that interests me anyway). I think the game is terrific myself and very playable and fun. This is the kind of thing you just cannot play on a tablet or mobile and it does a damn fine job of feeling and playing like a full cream console game IMO.

Shame it doesn't seem to be selling well... I didn't see it anywhere in this week's Top 40 for example. Dead or Alive 5 Plus is out in three weeks; it'll be interesting to see if they target 60 fps for that one seeing as it is pretty much essential for a beat 'em up.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Darren 4 Mar 2013 11:16:41 8,321 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Assuming you're on PS+ that is.
    Yeah, I'm a PS+ subscriber. It's been a while since I used the Content Manager so I wasn't aware that the PS Vita now had cloud storage. That's excellent news.

Thanks, I'll try your suggestion.

Edited by Darren at 11:21:57 04-03-2013

• santashi 4 Mar 2013 11:52:41 4,938 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Darren I didn't actually notice that the first had an option for Japanese audio. Oops. :p

'the higher difficulties still possess a decent challenge'

*coughplayedthefirstinheromodecough*

'there's barely anything new that's been added here to justify another purchase'

I understand where they're coming from, but not-needing-to-play-it-on-a-TV-ness is always a plus for me. ;)

• spleendonkey 4 Mar 2013 14:17:26 30 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just completed Uncharted. I actually think it's the second best Uncharted game after number 2. The shooting is easily the best of any of the series and is actually enjoyable, it just loses a lot of the scope and grandeur of the PS3 games.

The motion sensing auto aim though - wow. It feels so counter intuitive to begin with, but after a while it's a god send and has to be implemented in more games. Tried Unit 13 afterwards and couldn't line up a shot to save my life because it doesn't bloody have the motion sensor implemented.

It really does allow for some fine precision and your able to line up a head shot almost as quick as with a mouse. Thought the motion controls were just a gimmick but after this game I am hoping it's something they fully utilise in the PS4.

Towards the end of the game (and any time with a sniper rifle) the combat flows so naturally.

I think successfully implementing subtle gestures like that are potentially far more revolutionising to games than a lot of the awful motion control gimmicks you see in Move, Kinect, Wii etc.
  • Gregolution 4 Mar 2013 14:26:44 3,116 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    spleendonkey wrote:
    The motion sensing auto aim though - wow. It feels so counter intuitive to begin with, but after a while it's a god send and has to be implemented in more games.
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Rhythm 4 Mar 2013 14:43:36 2,375 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    spleendonkey wrote:
    Just completed Uncharted. I actually think it's the second best Uncharted game after number 2. The shooting is easily the best of any of the series and is actually enjoyable, it just loses a lot of the scope and grandeur of the PS3 games.
    I started off cold on Uncharted GA but ended up *really* enjoying it. Felt like Uncharted 1.5 - no globe-trotting set-pieces but tons of great action set around a couple of key locations. Would be very happy to see what they can do with a sequel
  • H1ggyLTD 4 Mar 2013 22:37:27 1,389 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/vitas-one-year-old-so-here-are-some-free-games

Was genuinely on the verge of buying Patapon at full price.

Get in.
  • Nemesis 4 Mar 2013 22:48:22 18,446 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/vitas-one-year-old-so-here-are-some-free-games

Get in.
    Nice one.
  • Flying_Pig 4 Mar 2013 23:01:22 10,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:
    H1ggyLTD wrote:

Get in.
    Nice one.
    Very nice one!
  • Ranger_Ryu 4 Mar 2013 23:03:44 975 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    except that's not confirmed as for being in Europe though.......
  • dsmx 4 Mar 2013 23:15:18 7,414 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    patapon 2 is the one to go for.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Page

of 900 First / Last