PlayStation Vita Page 513

• Page

of 902 First / Last

• Kangoo 18 Feb 2013 13:45:58 1,011 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Murbal

Surely just get the PS3 version of Sly, download the Vita version and then selling it on will recoup most of your money if you can pre-order it cheaply enough?

Not too bothered about NG2, too many Vita games still unplayed at the moment and with RO and P4 coming out this week, that will be most of my gaming time taken up.

PSN: Adwab2

• Murbal 18 Feb 2013 13:48:44 21,562 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Kangoo can you do that then?
  • Kangoo 18 Feb 2013 14:20:10 1,011 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    With PSASB, you just inserted the disc into your PS3 and then download the Vita version through your download list and it is yours forever, not tied to the ps3 version. Can't see them changing it for this.

• Murbal 18 Feb 2013 14:34:00 21,562 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kangoo wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    With PSASB, you just inserted the disc into your PS3 and then download the Vita version through your download list and it is yours forever, not tied to the ps3 version. Can't see them changing it for this.
    Interesting.
  • mumtoucher 18 Feb 2013 14:50:45 242 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really really trying to rekindle my love for Jrpg's. To be honest I haven't played one since ff8 (which I loved). I'm on the fence with P4 as I can't get my head around the school setting and general teenage vibe..... There's so much love for it everywhere that I'm not sure I will be able to resist... I did play disgaea on vita but found that way too daunting and struggled to get into it (although I think I was on the cusp of 'getting it' just before I sold it on).

I know it takes roughly 2 hours for the game to get going, should I just take the plunge and go for it or is it a case of only real JRPG'S fans appreciate its greatness? Also I need to satisfy this urge somehow otherwise I can see myself doing something really stupid and importing a 3ds for fire emblem and code of princess....... God I'm such a tard!
  • Widge Moderator 18 Feb 2013 15:00:51 12,612 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You should dip in and get FF9 off the store!

I'm very near to dipping in to the waters with a Vita. I now have a PSN+ games collection, plus a load of stuff on the US Store (I am still a bit fuzzy on how much of a grind changing stores is).

Got all the necessary PS1 classics sat there waiting and just need Jeanne D'Arc and to try Vagrant Story again.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• steveb07 18 Feb 2013 16:17:27 833 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jeanne D'Arc was superb on the psp but I'm waiting for PS4 Golden to download this week.

PSN: IIIQuid

• santashi 18 Feb 2013 17:20:48 4,939 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nice to see Dragon's Crown is still going.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• crispyduckman 18 Feb 2013 19:19:24 1,846 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @mumtoucher I agree with Widge, FF9 is awesome. P4 is damn good though. I played it on PS2 so I'm not desperate to pick it up at full price.

Personally, I'd like to see a Tales game on Vita. I think an Innocence remake is out in Japan and a Hearts remake is out next month there. I haven't heard anything about a confirmed English version of either though.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• HiddenAway 18 Feb 2013 19:22:25 14,790 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    F2P MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena?) game, Deathmatch Village heading to Vita (and PS3)

You can apply via e-mail to get into the Closed Beta if you desire an early peek.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• crispyduckman 18 Feb 2013 20:23:52 1,846 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    F2P MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena?) game, Deathmatch Village heading to Vita (and PS3)

You can apply via e-mail to get into the Closed Beta if you desire an early peek.
    Apparently the beta is PS3 only.

• HiddenAway 18 Feb 2013 21:12:10 14,790 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    crispyduckman wrote:
    HiddenAway wrote:

Apparently the beta is PS3 only.
    Oops, yes you're correct. The beta is indeed PS3 only.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• crispyduckman 18 Feb 2013 22:32:35 1,846 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I may be a bit behind the curve here but, holy shit, is Motorstorm RC amazing or what? I tried it at launch on PS3 and was pretty unimpressed but decided to give it another shot now that I'm equipped with a Vita.

After changing the default controls to left stick throttle and right stick steering (how I remember RC cars being as a kid - am I alone here?) it feels absolutely beautiful. If you haven't already done so, pick it up in the birthday sale now! It's probably the best 2 quid I've ever spent.

Edit: I'm hooked on the PS3 version now as well and loving the way it automatically saves your progress across both systems.

Edited by crispyduckman at 22:34:39 18-02-2013

• Darren 19 Feb 2013 08:51:30 8,322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I got my copy of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for the PS Vita yesterday morning from Video Games Plus Online (via Amazon), much to my surprise because it took only a week to arrive. I wasn't expecting it while Friday at the earliest, not that I'm complaining or anything...

Anyways, the game is a stunner and absolutely perfectly suited to playing on a handheld. Of all the Sly games I've played, including the excellent Sly HD Trilogy on the PS3, I would say that this is the most varied and fun game yet. I spent about four hours in total playing it (file says I've completed 15%) and I'm still on the first episode set in ancient Japan; it's just so entertaining exploring for bottles, masks and other secrets. Unlike other games, where you just want to play as the lead character, switching between the current three isn't as annoying as I thought it would be plus you get to play as one of Sly's ancestor's too. The controls are almost perfect and if I have one complaint about them it is the forced touchscreen controls for selecting costumes and the camera when the D-pad isn't used at all. Also I came across a couple of tilt games but they're thankfully short and not in anyway annoying.

Visually, the game is astonishing as there is tons of detail and, like Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, it does an amazing job of cramming everything in from the PS3 version (at least from what I've seen of it on YouTube anyway). Sure, the graphics aren't quite as nice as the PS3 and there is some aliasing but on a 5" screen you'll be pressed to notice and far to busy playing to care. The PS Vita needs more games like this IMO (why wasn't Sly Trilogy released for it for example?).

My only real issue with the game is that the audio isn't very loud and also despite enabling subtitles pre-rendered intro cutscenes and tutorial explanations as well as other areas of the game don't actually have subtitles which is annoying. Otherwise this is highly recommended. I don't know where EG were coming from when they gave this game a measly 6/10 but that infers it is only just above average. I don't agree with that at all. Maybe they just don't like platformers or something? I'd give it 9/10 so far. It really is tremendously enjoyable and addictive.

Edited by Darren at 08:54:02 19-02-2013

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Darren 19 Feb 2013 08:52:37 8,322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    P.S. My copy is the U.S. version with English only text on the box and not the Canadian one which tends to contain French and English. There is no manual, just the game card.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Kangoo 19 Feb 2013 08:59:23 1,011 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Darren

Been looking forward to this for a while, I know the Sly games have never been big sellers but I thought it was one of the most fun and innovative platform series on PS2. A shame they were always overshadowed by Jak and Ratchet & Clank.

I am sort of glad it isn't out for a few weeks as I still have plenty of stuff to be playing with more coming this week so this will be a bonus around Easter time.

• aros 19 Feb 2013 09:16:58 2,070 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sly Trilogy was likely too big for a Vita 4gb card, I would guess that's the reason we didn't get MGS1 too
  • crispyduckman 19 Feb 2013 09:21:51 1,846 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's a shame you don't get the option of a downloadable PS3 version when you buy the Vita card version. I have way more space on my PS3 HDD than I do on my Vita memory card. In any event, the game sounds good to me and it's essentially budget priced so I'll prob pick it up eventually. Might finish a game or two first.

• Darren 19 Feb 2013 09:26:25 8,322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The CrossSave feature also works on my US PS Vita copy of Sly Cooper: TiT (oops!) in that it will allow me to easily and very quickly upload my current save to the cloud. Whether I'll be able to download it onto my PS3 when I get the UK PS3 version next month though remains to be seen. I'm not that bothered if I can't to be honest as I'd rather play it all over again from the start anyway. The Cloud save, I guess, is just a backup copy in case my 32 GB memory card goes TiTs up (did you see what I did there?).

• Darren 19 Feb 2013 09:29:39 8,322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @aros - I never considered the game card sizes. Is 4 GB really the maximum the PS Vita can handle? I mean it address 32 GB memory cards so I'd have thought 8 GB game cards would be possible. Or is it simply to keep download sizes reasonable considering the biggest memory card you get is currently 32 GB?

Still, I think they should consider releasing each game separately as a download for 10 or less. I would certainly buy them again for my Vita.

• aros 19 Feb 2013 10:08:36 2,070 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aye the current maximum size for a Vita game card is 4gb.

In the coming years when 128gb memory cards inevitably come out (there's no way they are using their own memory without making it high capacity, surely?) I can see cards going to 8gb at the very least, allowing us to have much larger games.

My Xperia Play has a 64gb card so you would definitely hope the Vita can handle more than that.

Edited by aros at 10:10:43 19-02-2013
  • aros 19 Feb 2013 10:09:50 2,070 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The trouble with making games available on Vita at the moment is that it requires a lot of work - it's different architecture. This problem should be eliminated after moving to PS4 though when we can probably expect all, or most, PSN games to be released on Vita also.
  • Darren 19 Feb 2013 10:56:42 8,322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm itching for lunchtime so I can go on Sly Cooper and, damn it, it's only 11 o'clock. Two painful hours to go...

• djdavedoc 19 Feb 2013 11:05:29 1 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really wish the studio that made The Getaway wasnt closed down. The VITA is crying out for a game like this or a GTA game from Rockstar.....

That and we really need a Gran Turismo but not some rubbish cut down version like the PSP version was!
  • aros 19 Feb 2013 12:59:18 2,070 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've got a funny feeling we might see a GTA tomorrow
  • Murbal 19 Feb 2013 14:48:00 21,562 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Been looking at my backlog. Need to cut the stuff I don't think I'll play, especially with a 3DS incoming...

First in the cull? Probably MGS.
  • ComradePete 19 Feb 2013 15:01:38 467 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I guess you won't be looking for a swap then...? ;)

Looking for MGS & Marvel v Capcom at the moment.
  • Gregolution 19 Feb 2013 15:02:43 3,116 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    Been looking at my backlog. Need to cut the stuff I don't think I'll play, especially with a 3DS incoming...

First in the cull? Probably MGS.
    So your technique is to cut the best games?
  • Darren 19 Feb 2013 15:12:26 8,322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that was the most enjoyable lunch hour I've had in some time. Thanks Sly! :)

I'm near the end of the first Japan episode I believe which has taken me around five hours to complete, plus I still have bottles, maps and the safe to unlock. Loads of fun. Make sure you don't miss it.

The loading times can be a bit grating though and that is coming from someone who grew up with a Commodore 64 that took 20+ minutes to load games from tape. They're not really that long, about 20-30 seconds, it's just that the game is so entertaining that the load times get in the way of playing the game. Thankfully, the level I'm on is fairly large and you can easily while away hours exploring it and jobs within these levels load up quicker (10-15 seconds).

One other niggle though is that the Job icons are triggered automatically when you walk into them, followed by a loading screen straight into a cutscene. You're not asked if you want to do them so it can be a bit annoying if you stumble across one unintentionally while exploring.

• Ultrasoundwave 19 Feb 2013 15:15:45 3,111 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    aros wrote:
    I've got a funny feeling we might see a GTA tomorrow
    Are we really expecting Sony to pay any attention to the Vita?. I'd be chuffed if they did, but i get the feeling that the PS4 reveal will dominate everything.

Unless Sony announce full compatibility between the PS4 and the Vita......

"Look at banner Michael!"

• Page

of 902 First / Last