Faith No More reunite

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous
  • Syrette 24 Feb 2009 22:37:22 43,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just waiting on official public confirmation say various sources. Mike Patton's rep confirmed it. No new material, no US dates, but will be over in Europe for the Summer (festivals I imagine, not so sure about a proper tour). No Jim Martin apparently either.

http://www.thetripwire.com/uncategorized/2009/02/24/faith-no-more-will-reunite-for-summer-tour/

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/149365-faith-no-more-to-reunite-for-european-tour

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/02/faith-no-more-r.html

• Syrette 24 Feb 2009 22:38:16 43,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fuck it, it's confirmed.

http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUSTRE51N6TL20090224

• ronuds 24 Feb 2009 22:38:52 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't know how well their music will translate to today's scene.

It's in your face, but you can't grab it.
  • DFective 24 Feb 2009 22:38:52 2,013 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And the rumour they're headlining Download just got stronger.

Damn.
  • Syrette 24 Feb 2009 22:40:48 43,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DFective wrote:

Damn.

Indeed. Download are making a big thing about their third headliner, got a countdown for it and everything. Will be revealed on Monday. Almost certainly would close the festival, and they're a big enough band to do that, with or without Martin. In my opinion at least.

• Syrette 24 Feb 2009 22:45:36 43,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd still like to read that constitutes something that is absolutely 100% guaranteed proof that this is happening. Currently the media are just reporting that reps, publicists/spokespeople have said this, but you know, I'd like to see something quoted.

Just before I get too excited, that said it won't be the same with Martin. Apparently they might have actually chosen to go with some other guitarist even though he showed interest in the project, which is inexplicable.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114601

• DFective 24 Feb 2009 22:46:31 2,013 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    DFective wrote:

Damn.

Indeed. Download are making a big think about their third headliner, got a countdown for it and everything. Will be revealed on Monday. Almost certainly would close the festival, and they're a big enough band to do that, with or without Martin. In my opinion at least.

I checked them out when the rumours started, and definitely not a fan unfortunately, so would be a wasted headliner for me. They seem to have a huge following on the Download forums though.

I thought Def Leppard were closing the festival? I know Slipknot are confirmed for the saturday at least, and the way the poster's arranged makes it look like Leppard are are on sunday?
  • buggrit 24 Feb 2009 22:46:54 5,178 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can't say I'm not excited, but I saw them first time round :p
  • Fizzog 24 Feb 2009 22:47:14 4,108 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I never really "got" Faith No More or Mike Patton.. What songs would people recommend?
  • GuiltySpark 24 Feb 2009 22:49:30 6,323 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's Friday too.

Oh sorry, didn't read the quote you were replying too properly, my bad.

Get bent.

• Syrette 24 Feb 2009 22:57:17 43,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DFective wrote:
    I thought Def Leppard were closing the festival? I know Slipknot are confirmed for the saturday at least, and the way the poster's arranged makes it look like Leppard are are on sunday?

I'm not sure the way it is arranged means much. Oh well, I wouldn't complain if Def Leppard closed it.

There is stuff like "Special Announcement Soon" all over the DL site and like I said a countdown timer for the third headliner (who I'd presume would be the biggest draw of the lot). I've heard rumours of Blink 182 (!) and Rammstein taking the third headlining spot, but surely neither are 'special' enough for such treatment?

• Tiger_Walts 24 Feb 2009 22:59:34 16,582 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bah, would rather have more Mr. Bungle.

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• GingerMagician 24 Feb 2009 23:00:26 3,012 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fizzog wrote:
    I never really "got" Faith No More or Mike Patton.. What songs would people recommend?
    Just acquire The Real Thing and Angel Dust.

Both have some great stuff on them, but I'd argue Angel Dust is the better album.

• GuiltySpark 24 Feb 2009 23:01:31 6,323 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blink 182 sort of would be a big announcement, as AFAIK they still aren't together.

Just cos we think they're shit, doesn't mean the majority of Download goers do.

Get bent.

• coderkind 24 Feb 2009 23:03:02 982 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    GingerMagician wrote:
    Fizzog wrote:

Both have some great stuff on them, but I'd argue Angel Dust is the better album.

Even though it's not the best album ever, I'd say Angel Dust is my favourite album ever.

Didn't realise they're reforming until this thread, thanks! Would like Bungle back too though...
  • Salaman 24 Feb 2009 23:04:04 18,874 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GingerMagician wrote:
    Fizzog wrote:

That and while you're at it Soundgarden .. superunknown.
  • GuiltySpark 24 Feb 2009 23:06:45 6,323 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I haven't heard alot of Faith No More stuff, though I love this song they did.

Get bent.

• coastal 24 Feb 2009 23:07:24 5,377 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We Care A Lot. Top song.
    Ah man, i hope they make it round the festivals.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• Syrette 24 Feb 2009 23:15:07 43,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Blink 182 sort of would be a big announcement, as AFAIK they still aren't together.

Just cos we think they're shit, doesn't mean the majority of Download goers do.

Blink 182 very much are back together, not sure how you missed that :)

I think the majority of DL goers wouldn't be too impressed, just my opinion. A lot would be happy with that but I imagine a lot wouldn't. They'd be better suited at Reading/Leeds.

• Deleted user 24 February 2009 23:17:15
    GingerMagician wrote:
    Fizzog wrote:

They're both good because they're really quite different from each other. I mean, try and compare RV with Zombie Eaters.

King For A Day... is actually a very, very fine record.
  • morriss 24 Feb 2009 23:19:39 70,911 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Please come to Denmark. Pleeeease. King for a Day, Fool for a lifetime ftw.
  • Syrette 24 Feb 2009 23:20:56 43,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Album of the Year is one of the most underrated records I've ever come across. I love the more mellow tracks on it.

• GingerMagician 24 Feb 2009 23:41:05 3,012 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    That and while you're at it Soundgarden .. superunknown.
    That's some freaky shit dude - I am literally importing that and Badmotorfinger into iTunes from a bunch of "rediscovered" CD's as we speak...
  • Syrette 25 Feb 2009 00:01:28 43,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1605707/20090224/faith_no_more.jhtml

More details above. Europe-alone, no details announced at all and Patton will not be doing any interviews to promote it. Which is annoying as I'd love to know the reasoning behind this sooner rather than later.

• warlockuk 25 Feb 2009 00:05:39 19,134 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No Jim Martin though, isn't it? Fuck that.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Red-Moose 25 Feb 2009 00:12:00 5,346 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Faith New More - Epic - now we know where Limp Bizkit got their "sound".
  • Syrette 25 Feb 2009 00:15:09 43,107 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    No Jim Martin though, isn't it? Fuck that.

Looks that way, like I said. I don't think it's the end of the world though, I'm sure the replacement can play. It would be different if this was making new material that we were talking about.

• elredeyegrande 25 Feb 2009 00:31:10 2,382 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's sad that Jim Martin won't be involved, but c'mon he barely even had a prominent role in Angel Dust and isn't even on King For A Day(The best album they did imo).

Major props to him for the first 3 albums, the Bill & Ted cameo and the mad hair though.
  • warlockuk 25 Feb 2009 01:12:24 19,134 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, but the point isn't to hear the tracks - it's to see the folks who wrote 'em. And no Jim Martin, no Faith No More. After he left the music went downhill fast. IMO, like.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• elredeyegrande 25 Feb 2009 01:23:58 2,382 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He wrote like one song on Angel Dust(Jizzlobber iirc ), so to me that point is moot because King For A Day > Angel Dust > Real Thing > We Care Alot > Introduce Yourself > Album Of The Year.

Yeah, it'd be nice to hear him rock out Suprise! You're Dead! but Trey or Jon will do me fine.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous