Street Fighter where are you?

  • Page

    of 1

    Previous Next
  • Deleted user 27 January 2009 19:10:19
    Please, could some one tell me what is up with the UK/European release of Super Street Fighter HD Remix on PSN. Am i the only gamer in Europe who really cares. Come on fellow Gamers, lets start a mutiny and bombard Capcom until they have to release it to the Euro masses. ( If anybody has any info regarding the games release please let me know, I'm in serious pain here.)
  • Andee 27 Jan 2009 19:23:09 681 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It failed testing at Sony Europe apparently. Just get the English language version off the Hong Kong store, under 7, which is certain to be less than it'll cost here anyway.
  • soong 27 Jan 2009 22:36:49 18 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • saku_luk 28 Jan 2009 02:17:01 215 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just get it off US/HK store ......


    SCEE sucks balls btw....
  • chessboxer 28 Jan 2009 21:48:13 250 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No, Capcom are sucking balls because they cannot submit the game which passes SCEE's bug testing, unless you think it's ok to release bugged games and wait for patches to come out some point down the line...

    Look at the state of SOCOM. Only after it's 3rd patch is it finally worth playing. I was in the beta and it was awful. The game paused every 5s. SOCOM was then released in America and it hadn't improved from the beta testing.

    SCEE made the right call and I hope that they are in charge of the new submission process coming into effect this year.
  • Deleted user 28 January 2009 21:49:15
    How can you buy things from foreign PSN stores anywhows?
  • Deleted user 28 January 2009 21:54:16
    It's not capcoms fault, if it bothers you this much, send an e-mail to Sony. Failing that, buy the much superior 360.
  • Deleted user 28 January 2009 21:56:50
    Noticed this tonight actually after deciding I fancied a bit of pre-IV SF action. Most annoying. And actually it probably is partially Sony's fault because if they didn't have the most moronic and drawn out submission procedure on the face of the planet (with separate parts of the company not only refusing to talk/share bug reports but also having different fecking requirements), then the version submitted in the US would also have been okay for release here. Pfft.
  • morriss 28 Jan 2009 21:58:13 71,037 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    soong wrote:
    http://www.thepsn.co.uk/2009/01/26/street-fighter-ii-hd-stuck-in-sony-qa/
    They lied.

    http://www.videogaming247.com/2009/01/28/street-fighter-hd-reports-are-false-site-had-no-contact-with-capcom/

  • Deleted user 28 January 2009 22:03:42
    morriss wrote:
    soong wrote:
    http://www.thepsn.co.uk/2009/01/26/street-fighter-ii-hd-stuck-in-sony-qa/
    They lied.

    http://www.videogaming247.com/2009/01/28/street-fighter-hd-reports-are-false-site-had-no-contact-with-capcom/

    Jesus, what the hell...

    /joins group
  • andijames 28 Jan 2009 22:25:55 2,735 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sorry but i think if it's buggy enough not to pass a QC then it doesn't deserved to be released. If it was then all people would moan about would be the bugs in the game and then a thread created called "SF2 Turbo HD WTF Bugs!" would be created. WipeOut proved that waiting isn't such a bad thing :)

    Timing could of been better yes with the imminent release of SFIV but hey QC is NEVER a bad thing. Someone tell mircosoft this please :)

    vivir el momento

  • Deleted user 28 January 2009 22:27:38
    Have there been any complaints about the US release having bugs then?
  • Res 28 Jan 2009 22:45:27 1,814 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought Sony announced a while ago that all PS3 games released from January onwards would have trophy support, so I would assume that is the reason it has been delayed. Of course it should have been released a month ago then this wouldn't even be an issue.
  • Aretak 28 Jan 2009 23:05:32 10,359 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    Have there been any complaints about the US release having bugs then?
    Apparently it has quite a few problems, such as not remembering button configurations, broken moves and dodgy net code. Can't say I've experienced any bugs myself, but I've hardly played it really since I bought it back in November. :-\
  • Hunam 28 Jan 2009 23:10:41 20,674 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well they have missed out on a lot of sales. The whole bug thing apparently isn't true, but the closer and closer to SF4's release the less and less people will want it.
  • RetardStrong 29 Jan 2009 00:00:45 3,229 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    How can you buy things from foreign PSN stores anywhows?

    Just make a new account ( simplest would be the Hong Kong store as it doesn't require an address that matches the address on your visa card. )

    Here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/448243
  • echodavis 29 Jan 2009 11:08:07 1 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    I normally can't be stuffed waiting for releases in the PAL PSN store. I'm just buying my US PSN cards frrom gaminglue.com , and downloading US content.
  • JYM60 29 Jan 2009 12:53:12 16,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seemingly the PSN US version and 360 version are pretty buggy.

    Still, it's only a few bugs. It can be patched FFS. (and is being patched actually!)

    [8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

  • soong 30 Jan 2009 15:27:43 18 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 30 January 2009 15:42:32
    Is there no-one in the gaming media who can get a straight answer from Sony or Capcom or are they all just glorified bloggers scouring GAF for info and posting scraps the industry deigns to throw them?
  • nickthegun 30 Jan 2009 15:45:30 60,159 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RetardStrong wrote:
    disussedgenius wrote:
    How can you buy things from foreign PSN stores anywhows?

    Just make a new account ( simplest would be the Hong Kong store as it doesn't require an address that matches the address on your visa card. )

    Here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/448243

    I tried this, but it still didnt let me. I was using a Visa card.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • gazra 30 Jan 2009 16:07:09 25 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    RetardStrong wrote:
    disussedgenius wrote:
    How can you buy things from foreign PSN stores anywhows?

    Just make a new account ( simplest would be the Hong Kong store as it doesn't require an address that matches the address on your visa card. )

    Here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/448243

    I tried this, but it still didnt let me. I was using a Visa card.

    hmm strange not sure what the deal is then as i used my visa on the hk to purchase it a few weeks back
  • RetardStrong 30 Jan 2009 16:25:36 3,229 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Worked for me as well, I think you still have to give a valid address in HK though.
  • deathdealer619 30 Jan 2009 16:29:57 751 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    It's not capcoms fault, if it bothers you this much, send an e-mail to Sony. Failing that, buy the much superior 360.

    lol idiot
  • saku_luk 30 Jan 2009 18:45:41 215 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    yeah, just use some random hotel from HK and you are set...
  • nickthegun 30 Jan 2009 19:33:03 60,159 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Doesnt work. I think they closed the loophole with the most recent update. I just tried a visa and a mastercard, real billing address, real HK address, fake address.....the fucking works.

    So, at a push, if any regs are willing to share the game with me, ive got pain (with the amusement park pack), wipeoutHD and Pixel Junk Monsters to swap.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • JYM60 30 Jan 2009 19:56:55 16,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, my visa has never actually worked on any store other than UK.

    [8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

  • Aretak 30 Jan 2009 20:04:24 10,359 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The loophole seems to have been closed for debit cards at least, but someone on NeoGAF said that their American Express card still works. Entropay still works for me on both the US and HK stores, but some other people have reported that it doesn't for them. It's all needlessly confusing.
  • Deleted user 30 January 2009 20:13:41
    deathdealer619 wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    It's not capcoms fault, if it bothers you this much, send an e-mail to Sony. Failing that, buy the much superior 360.

    lol idiot
    What, Sony failed it, if you need it, buy a 360. SFIV will be here before this anyway.
  • wizardofoz85 31 Jan 2009 02:40:42 313 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    The loophole seems to have been closed for debit cards at least, but someone on NeoGAF said that their American Express card still works. Entropay still works for me on both the US and HK stores, but some other people have reported that it doesn't for them. It's all needlessly confusing.

    It seems that NEW accounts won't work. If you have an older account with the card details all set up then that will work until your card expires, after which you're ust as fucked as the rest of us.
  • Page

    of 1

    Previous Next
Log in or register to reply