Self-imposed ban on buying more games Page 3

• Page

of 49 First / Last

• johnlenham 20 Jan 2009 11:12:18 4,000 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Im trying hard not to buy anything till SF4 thankfully im not interested in anything else other than Valkyrie Chronicles which I nearly broke down and bought the other day.

Still have
    Last Remnant
    Fallout 3
    Okami
    Folklore and Final fantasy tatcis on psp to finish :S
  • Flying_Pig 20 Jan 2009 11:23:59 10,707 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What's worse for me is that since my original post, I realised that I also have Fallout 3 and Eye of Judgement untouched!

Still - it'll be hard not to buy Killzone 2 of it matches the hype, and I also have MadWorld pre-ordered at play.com...
  • kinky_mong 20 Jan 2009 13:31:26 9,974 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just went and ordered Oblivion off of Play because it was only a tenner. Whoops.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• merkdot 20 Jan 2009 13:51:15 1,836 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nobody mentioned anything about hardware of course!

/buys sf pad and aviator flightstick
  • michaelius 20 Jan 2009 15:27:51 809 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd promise this if SF IV and E:Total War weren't coming out so soon :)
  • Murbal 20 Jan 2009 15:31:23 21,928 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    I imposed this ban on myself at new year. Since then I've bought 12 new games. Oops.

13. Bollocks.

What was it?
  • Zomoniac 20 Jan 2009 18:14:13 7,802 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Midnight Club LA.
  • dunny 20 Jan 2009 22:30:46 430 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Count me in chaps. I de-clutterified just before Christmas and now just have LBP, PoP, Resistance 2 and Fifa 09 on the ps3 and fallout 3 on the pc.

Not intending to buy anything this year!

But realistically I give myself 2 months... but I pledge to seek support from this forum in moments of weakness!
  • Wayne 20 Jan 2009 22:40:03 2,143 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You've not played Bioshock yet? TUT TUT!!!
  • Super_Zee 20 Jan 2009 22:46:35 2,110 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I've been thinking of doing this too. I'm ploughing through Fallout 3 at the moment (and absolutely loving it), then it's another attempt at Mass Effect, push on with Halo on Heroic, more Fifa, PGR4 (which I re-bought recently for Waves but quite enjoying the racing too), God Hand (sweeet) and Katamari Damacy.

That should do for a while, although Killzone 2 and SFIV are going to be a test...

[edit] And it also doesn't help that I've recently descovered the joys of MAME, WinUae and PSX emulaton...
  • Flying_Pig 21 Jan 2009 21:33:08 10,707 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Glad to see it's not just me, although it's quite worrying that since my original post, I remembered another 3 games I hadn't yet touched, including MSG4 which I bought on release from Zavvi!

I really should stop looking at the All New Bargains Thread (not linked, so as not to tempt you all), so nearly bought GRID today...
  • dunny 27 Jan 2009 19:07:36 430 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dunny wrote:
    Count me in chaps. I de-clutterified just before Christmas and now just have LBP, PoP, Resistance 2 and Fifa 09 on the ps3 and fallout 3 on the pc.

Not intending to buy anything this year!

But realistically I give myself 2 months... but I pledge to seek support from this forum in moments of weakness!

So I lasted 6 days... Just bought mgs4 for 22 quid and ordered valkyria chronicles online... I am so weak-willed!
  • Flying_Pig 27 Jan 2009 19:50:19 10,707 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm still on the horse, despite some massive temptation.
  • Flying_Pig 14 Feb 2009 18:15:03 10,707 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, nearly a month and still holding strong (iPhone games and apps don't count), although so nearly bought Dead Space in Sainbury's (just 15!).

Slowly working through games, but a bit Burnout obsessed since the update.
  • merkdot 14 Feb 2009 18:22:39 1,836 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just bought a wii and three games, but on the plus side I finished as much Forza 2 as I ever intend to and traded in 6 games by return.
  • Flying_Pig 4 Jan 2010 15:23:02 10,707 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    After getting my latest Credit Card bill, looking at my general finances and the stack of unopened games at home, I've taken the step to ban myself from buying anything else for the next 6 months.

With some many gaming bargains in the run-up to Christmas I've got a stack of games at home - completely unopened:
    - No More Heroes
    - Zelda: Twilight Princess
    - Mario Kart DS
    - N+ done
    - Heavenly Sword
    - Bioshock
    - The Orange Box
    - The Club
    - Rock Band
    - Fallout 3
    - Eye of Judgement
    - MGS4

Added to the fact, I've got to finish God of War on the PSP(now done), start Tomb Raider Anniversary, extract more out of LBP, finish R2 and replay Uncharted with trophies, I just feel that anything else I buy will hit the bottom of the pile, or just mean that I never play something I already have.

This exact same thing happened with my PS2 - still have Ico and SotC unplayed, and have only done 10 mins on Psychonauts!

Anyone else gonna join me?

/Starts support Group

Well, nearly a year since my original post and matters have not really improved. While I've played and finished Bioshock, Portal, Uncharted and a few others, traded/sold EoJ, The Club and Mario Kart DS after not getting on with any of them, I have added Prince of Persia, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, Okami, Spirit Tracks, Uncharted 2 and God of War Collection to the list.

Part of my problem was sinking something like 120 hours (over 6 months) into Fallout 3, and I've not yet touched the DLC. Furthermore, I've still got more to do in GT PSP and LBP PSP on the handheld front.

Fortunately, there's nothing coming out over the next 3-6 months that really grabs me by the balls and screams "Buy Me!". Even so, I'll probably have to buy Killzone 2, Ratchet & Clank: ACiT or GTAIV if I see them cheap....

The years change, but some things stay the same
  • Fletche 4 Jan 2010 15:37:15 3,418 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Still have Borderlands, GOW Collection to finish but over Christmas I got MW2 and NSMB and whilst I have done the MW campaign the MP has me hooked.

Add to this Dirt 2 which I am renting and loving. Is lucky I didn't get on with Dragon Age otherwise Mrs Fletche would never get anything out of me, I should stop buying but now have Darksiders on pre-order and Q's 1&2 are looking great (oh and I also want R&C when cheaper)

Also have Demon Blade that I haven't even touched yet.
  • Murbal 4 Jan 2010 16:01:27 21,928 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't know why I bothered with this last year, I bought loads.

This year, however, I still haven't bought a single game.

/feels proud

/checks date
  • RunningMan 4 Jan 2010 16:06:31 2,386 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've got a pile of shame running into 40-50 games so gonna give this a go. 361 days to go!
  • Deleted user 4 January 2010 16:07:10
    I simply cannot get my head around the idea of buying a game at such expense and then not even opening it.
  • Luckyjim 4 Jan 2010 16:10:01 2,872 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    6 month sabbatical sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately, what with March being the new Christmas, it's going to take a special case of self restraint.
  • RunningMan 4 Jan 2010 16:10:19 2,386 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blame steam! sales are too good.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2010 16:10:27
    Tried this before and made it till April - I'm doing the same this year, only I'm allowing myself to sell/trade games plus I have about 50 iTunes credit I'm using for iPod Touch games to try and act as a nicotine patch ;-)
  • LeD 4 Jan 2010 16:12:59 6,210 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I need to sign up for this plan too, I need to make massive savings this year and I've bought enough games to last me a whole year or two.
  • Flying_Pig 4 Jan 2010 16:22:48 10,707 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Luckyjim wrote:
    6 month sabbatical sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately, what with March being the new Christmas, it's going to take a special case of self restraint.

March the new Christmas!? What religion have you switched to?
  • RunningMan 4 Jan 2010 16:25:13 2,386 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All of the IP that ran from MW2 should be out then.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2010 16:32:31
    RunningMan wrote:
    All of the IP that ran from MW2 should be out then.

But none of it actually any good. Alpha Protocol, FF13, Heavy Rain... all a bit... renty
  • Luckyjim 4 Jan 2010 16:33:49 2,872 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Flying Pig

The religion of more evenly spread release dates. Maybe I should have referred to it as Q4 instead of Christmas.
  • Hunam 4 Jan 2010 16:34:40 20,674 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Alpha Protocol with be amazing. I have no basis for backing it up other than my word. Also, it could be shit.
  • Murbal 4 Jan 2010 16:36:09 21,928 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Right. I'm going to cancel my pre-orders. I will allow myself to get F3 goty if it drops to sub 20 but other than that, it's time to get properly acquainted with the games by the telly.

No more buying games, getting sub 100 achievements and forgetting about them or selling them on...

/resolve face

/weakens

I might still get ME2.
  • Page

of 49 First / Last