Champions Online Page 30

• Page

of 33 First / Last

• Deleted user 3 October 2009 22:18:59
    DFawkes wrote:
    But it's free to give it a shot, all it'll cost is a little of your time.

Bought a key for €20 and installed it.

It's just CoH again and i did not enjoy that at all. Classless/loosely classed MMOs just don't work properly. Oh well, my quest for a second MMO continues. I want to try Aion but it's still too dear everywhere and there's no trial.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 3 Oct 2009 22:21:49 37,826 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You biff. You could have tried it for free. Sure you don't want to join our super group and try again?

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 3 October 2009 22:31:23
    Nah, thanks for the invite and all but i can tell i won't like the game already so there isn't much point in me wasting any more time on it (i'm aware MMOs are essentially a waste of time anyway, but you get my drift :p ).
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 3 Oct 2009 22:36:27 37,826 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's the first MMO I've played beyond lvl 20. I'm getting annoyed by some of the bugs, but I do think it's a lot of fun. It just lets me be completely stupid :-D

• Benno 4 Oct 2009 12:18:59 9,843 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I like it. I like the fast paced combat

It runs a lot better than it did in beta as well
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Oct 2009 12:20:11 37,826 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Send me a message or friend request. Amazing Red@MrTom and I'll invite you into LFC.

• Gl3n Moderator 19 Oct 2009 14:59:34 5,387 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did this thing die on it's arse yet? Rumours about population issues. Good job they opted for just the one server.

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• DFawkes 19 Oct 2009 15:03:54 22,789 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've never had trouble, but I have seen a drop in the number of well populated shards. Like you say, the system means there'll alway be people. It's not going to be a huge number though I reckon, but I still play here and there.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• MrTomFTW Moderator 19 Oct 2009 18:16:47 37,826 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's always a load of shards open, but I believe they've mixed it around a bit so the shards fill up more before a new one opens. I'm still really enjoying this!

• Scimarad 19 Oct 2009 20:29:54 8,536 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's always plenty of people on when I play. And it's still fun.
  • DFawkes 19 Feb 2010 18:45:05 22,789 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For those that didn't know, there was an expansion announced recently for a price, now it'll be free as it should be!

Due Mid-March

"I'd like to reassure everyone that going free does not in any way imply Revelation is unworthy of a price tag. It is still legitimate expansionary content -- same as ever. Now it's just very, very nicely priced expansionary content. No better price than free, right?"

Not bad I suppose :)

• Phattso Moderator 9 Mar 2010 11:15:57 13,274 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Champions Online is in play.com's one day sale at the moment for 2.99, just in case anyone was waiting for it to hit pocket money prices.
  • DFawkes 9 Mar 2010 13:12:53 22,789 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's not bad, especially given the fact the new expansion is coming out. Not that the expansion will be of any use to new players.

CO is pretty stable now though, and there's enough content to keep you going for a good while. There's a demo on the site, though obviously if you waited until then that sale price will be gone. Could always buy it, then try the demo as it's on it's way, then just sell it on if you don't like it for 3.50.

• munki83 12 Mar 2010 20:33:53 1,412 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I ordered CO off play for 2.99 :D. Only reached level 9 so far and I've been enjoying it so far. It seems to be fairly simple, the combat is fast and the character creation is awesome. I tried the demo while waiting for the game to get to me. The demo isn't great as it isn't clear from steam that you are stuck in the starting area. However it does allow you to see the combat and get a feel for how the game plays.
  • iokthemonkey 15 May 2010 23:41:56 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I picked it up in a store today for $20, got it home, had a nightmare getting it to register my user-name (it claimed my email was in-use by somebody else, which it's not) and it took about five attempts to get it to accept any payment details.

It finally appears to have set-up my account but when I start the launcher, it says there's an account error and tells me to contact billing (which I already have.)

This had better be fucking worth it.

http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

• Deleted user 15 May 2010 23:45:51
    iokthemonkey wrote:

Prepare for disappointment. Also, don't forget to say hi to the two other guys in the world who still play this.
  • iokthemonkey 15 May 2010 23:46:25 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    iokthemonkey wrote:

Prepare for disappointment. Also, don't forget to say hi to the two other guys in the world who still play this.

Hmm. No offence, but you also think LOTRO is dead, don't you?

• Deleted user 16 May 2010 00:04:59
    iokthemonkey wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    iokthemonkey wrote:

Yeah, not as bad as Champions though. I'm used to WoW :p
  • DFawkes 16 May 2010 01:03:12 22,789 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's still active enough. But worth all this hassle? Not too sure. I do enjoy it lots, but Cryptic accounts and billing seem to be controlled by a bunch of super illiterate giraffes.

The Champions system is pretty good though, always busy enough to get some teams going. Admittedly only just though, but feel free to PM me here if you want some EG conpany in games. As far as the EG Super Group goes, that's pretty much dead.

• iokthemonkey 17 May 2010 01:34:09 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got it working and it's pretty good, if oblique. It's obviously designed by people who don't know how to share information (i.e. programmers) but that aside, I'm having fun. Granted, I'm only in the first lowbie zone (the irradiated desert/Canadian wilds) and I don't know if it'll be like CoH where it gets repetitive quickly but so far it's fun.

I thought though you could choose aura/attack colours and stuff, though. I don't see that. And do Nemesiseseses come in later?

But yeah, I'd agree, Fawksie - it's certainly seemed busy enough to me.

• Dizzy 17 May 2010 06:11:07 2,644 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    iokthemonkey wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    iokthemonkey wrote:

Yeah, not as bad as Champions though. I'm used to WoW :p

WoW is just as "Dead" in the lowbie zones.
  • iokthemonkey 19 May 2010 21:26:09 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm having a lot of fun with CO. I've only reached level 17 and yes, I can see it's going to be a lot more of the same, but all MMOs are, really.

Swinging is a fantastic power and Millennium City is ace.

Basically, the game is CoH on steriods, so make of that what you will.

• DFawkes 20 May 2010 10:10:42 22,789 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What power set are you using iok? There's plenty of variety there, I'm just curious if you've focused on one or have a mixture going on.

My main is pure Munitions. It's nice to start a battle at extreme range with a Sniper shot, then run in with an Grenade followed by a few blasts of Dual Pistol fury! But there's a lot more variation than that. Swinging is a good travel power choice, especially for Millenium City where you feel so free to go anywhere.

• iokthemonkey 20 May 2010 14:21:57 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've got a chap with Might and a side-order of Electricity. His origin is he was caught in a particle accelerator and he became a kind of superhuman dynamo, so he wears a containment chest-piece to stop him overloading but he can - when he needs to - unleash his overspill (ooer) of bio-energy. So most of his moves are punches and smashes, but for multiple mobs/CC he has the ability to zap everybody nearby.

I tried a Munitions character but I didn't like how it made you use multiple guns - I wanted him to just use twin pistols, not shotguns, etc...

• iokthemonkey 21 May 2010 11:21:01 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can't get into Munitions - I tried and my toon kept dying, so I guess I'm missing something. Any tips?

• DFawkes 21 May 2010 11:27:39 22,789 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure to br honest, I'm sure they nerfed it a bit as it used to be lethal for early levels. Do remember that Two Gun Mojo is a hold power though - at first all it'll take is a couple of standard shots to get some energy then hold your Two Gun Mojo key until things die!

Grenade is a handy power too, not for the damage but for the knockback to give you some room to breath. Most Munitions players swear by Shotgun for the same reason, but I'm not a fan.

• iokthemonkey 21 May 2010 12:17:07 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, I usually prefer sustained powers over one-clicks - I like having the option of choosing how long it'll be active.

My problem was I found myself being mobbed and even running away made no difference, as I'd just keep dying. I might try a custom build with Superhuman traits and gun-based powers...

• DFawkes 21 May 2010 13:11:59 22,789 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You certainly have to carefully pick your battles as Munitions, wait until patrols go apart a bit then draw a couple in at a time. You really do need a good knockback power though for when it gets hairy, so taking something else does sound like a good plan.

• iokthemonkey 21 May 2010 23:14:15 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've taken a mix with the Munitions skills and the Superhuman trait, plus some Martial Arts (the whirly kick thing - I want the stun-kick, as that's ace) and my new alt is doing much better than the ''pure'' munitions chap I rolled-up earlier.

• levitate 22 May 2010 11:51:21 3 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So it's worth resubscribing to it after I've been gone for nearly a year...?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

• Page

of 33 First / Last