Steam and direct download sales Page 500

• Page

of 678 First / Last

• mikew1985 20 Mar 2013 14:54:34 12,738 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    rtk79 wrote:
    X-Com : Enemy Unknown has also been retroactively added to the Greenmangaming Bioshock Infinite preorder incentive. Their Support page states a key should be sent by 26th March.
    I imagine all other retailers will now follow suit.
    \o/

Amazing! unfortunately I'll have to bother Asha for y keys as they arrive due to the way GMG send out the keys.

(Thanks again btw!)
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 20 Mar 2013 15:36:56 2,434 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Woo-hoo! I pre ordered Bioshock Infinite with GMG ages ago, now I get Xcom for free as well! Awesome!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• dsmx 20 Mar 2013 19:08:36 7,602 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That kicks ass, I ordered from them as well.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• PenguinJim 21 Mar 2013 00:59:51 5,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bloody hell, I can kinda understand pre-ordering games... but pre-purchasing? o_O It's crazy to lock yourself into one retailer with no option of cancellation. GG have already undercut them with the Bioshock: Infinite deal, and I wouldn't be surprised to see others beat them, too - and anywhere else, you could have cancelled and switched your order to the better deal.

Well played, GMG. You're not as incompetent as you look!
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 21 Mar 2013 05:39:55 2,434 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Its not crazy at all if the price is good. It was 23 for a AAA game and two free good games when I pre purchased it. I don't call that crazy, I call that a bargain.

• Deleted user 21 March 2013 06:16:15
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Its not crazy at all if the price is good. It was 23 for a AAA game and two free good games when I pre purchased it. I don't call that crazy, I call that a bargain.
    Except you've no idea if the game's any good.
  • PenguinJim 21 Mar 2013 06:16:54 5,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fair enough. It's only 15% more than elsewhere so far, so not a massive difference yet.

I've been umming and ahhing picking it up myself, but I'm not going to bother (these pre-order scramblings plus IGN having the exclusive review have sounded a few alarm bells), so does anyone want my one? It's exactly the same as the GMG offer (Bioshock Infinite, XCOM Enemy Unknown, Bioshock & the choice of Civ V, Spec Ops The Line, Mafia 2, Darkness 2, Bioshock 2). Say... 20? It'll have to be first come first served, as I'm not sure if GG'll let me get more than one pre-order (normal orders are limited to two copies).
  • Mr-Brett 21 Mar 2013 08:37:43 12,787 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rhythm wrote:
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    I get what you mean but that's not completely true. You can get an idea of the overall expected quality based on videos, previews and the pedigree of the developer. Obviously this can still only give a vague idea but I think after as long as most of us have been doing this, you get a gut feeling about these things.

Of course that doesn't make up for proper criticism of the game and reactions from other players, so yeah pre-ordering/purchasing is always a risk but it's not a complete shot in the dark.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 21 Mar 2013 09:47:58 2,434 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rhythm wrote:
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    As mr brett says, that not strictly true. I very rarely pre order games and this will be the second ive pre purchased (the new Tomb Raider being the only other).
    In the end if the game isnt that great (and what are the chances of Irrational fucking it up?) then I paid 23 for Mafia 2, Bioshock and Xcom (plus Infinite however good or bad it is). Not that bad a deal, imho.

• Tricky 21 Mar 2013 09:49:35 4,397 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Of course that doesn't make up for proper criticism of the game and reactions from other players, so yeah pre-ordering/purchasing is always a risk but it's not a complete shot in the dark.
    Agreed. I think if anyone can possibly doubt Irrational's ability to deliver a quality AAA game then they clearly either:

a) Don't watch the industry that much
    b) Didn't like Bioshock

If it's b) then fair enough - it's unlikely that this will change your mind - but if you liked Bioshock then you've surely got to believe in them enough to realise that this is highly likely to be a superb game.

Add to that the amount of very positive things that have been said by people that are otherwise normally very careful about betting the farm too early (such as the guys from RPS who have played it) and it's very unlikely that this will be a poor game.

Or, to put it another way, I'd happily go and watch any Spielberg movie without reading any reviews because I know it will be a quality film. Maybe not all of them are superb, but you're very likely to enjoy it. :-)

Edited by Tricky at 09:50:33 21-03-2013
  • Arcturas 21 Mar 2013 10:19:33 123 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tricky wrote:
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Agreed. I think if anyone can possibly doubt Irrational's ability to deliver a quality AAA game then they clearly either:

a) Don't watch the industry that much
    b) Didn't like Bioshock

If it's b) then fair enough - it's unlikely that this will change your mind - but if you liked Bioshock then you've surely got to believe in them enough to realise that this is highly likely to be a superb game.

Add to that the amount of very positive things that have been said by people that are otherwise normally very careful about betting the farm too early (such as the guys from RPS who have played it) and it's very unlikely that this will be a poor game.

Or, to put it another way, I'd happily go and watch any Spielberg movie without reading any reviews because I know it will be a quality film. Maybe not all of them are superb, but you're very likely to enjoy it. :-)
    100% Agree! I pre-ordered both Bioshocks, did a press blackout for both and loved em both. The Spielberg analogy is a good one:)
  • PenguinJim 21 Mar 2013 10:28:36 5,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great arguments for pre-ordering (and I can understand pre-ordering, no problem there, I do it myself now and again), but I was referring to pre-purchasing - paying up-front and locking yourself into an uncancellable order (without even bringing up GMG's support issues), being unable to take advantage of a better offer on an identical product. Fingers crossed that the GMG offer won't be beaten by more than the present 3. Edit: no, I've changed my mind. I want it to get beaten by... 15. I think I'll bite then. :D

It's also worth bearing in mind that GMG historically gives out pre-purchase keys on a last-come first-served basis, which always causes a furore over at the CAG forums. :p "Order earlier! Get your key later!"

Edited by PenguinJim at 10:29:23 21-03-2013
  • ZuluHero 21 Mar 2013 10:30:38 4,145 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its a great debate, but can we just get back to the offers now? I keep seeing this thread bumped and not finding anything to buy! :p
  • Mr-Brett 21 Mar 2013 10:31:17 12,787 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fair point PenguinJim, I can't really endorse pre-purchasing since I pre-purchased through Steam the other day then the same if not slightly better deal appears on GMG for 7 less... which is a prefect example of why it's a bad idea :)

Portable view - Never forget.

• PenguinJim 21 Mar 2013 10:43:04 5,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Its a great debate, but can we just get back to the offers now? I keep seeing this thread bumped and not finding anything to buy! :p
    There are some new Indie bundles today! Ummm... what were they? Oh, yes... might be worth pre-purchasing some completely unknown games. :D (I usually wait for their Happy Hour or get it for ~$2 from the CAG forum)

And there's another Groupees build-a-bundle, which I'm giving a miss.

I stopped linking to Just Cause 2 sales after someone in this thread couldn't give a JC2 key away. So find your own way to Gamersgate. 75% off (again).

Wut. Not sure why it's on sale, but the absolutely brilliant Jagged Alliance 2's Gold Pack is on Steam for 3.49. "Twice as good as Bioshock Infinite" some people might say at some point in the future after much drinking.
  • rtk79 21 Mar 2013 13:05:35 493 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Bloody hell, I can kinda understand pre-ordering games... but pre-purchasing? o_O It's crazy to lock yourself into one retailer with no option of cancellation. GG have already undercut them with the Bioshock: Infinite deal, and I wouldn't be surprised to see others beat them, too - and anywhere else, you could have cancelled and switched your order to the better deal.

Well played, GMG. You're not as incompetent as you look!

Prepurchasing quibbles aside, saying GG have undercut GMG is only true if their blue coins are worth the 6 you save by buying from GMG, which, to most, will not be the case.
    As it stands, I'd rather get a flat discount than imaginary currency I see no point in using since the end of the IGN partnership.

Edited by rtk79 at 13:07:13 21-03-2013
  • Huxley 21 Mar 2013 14:27:49 142 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I have just signed up for the GMG deal to get BSInfinite cheaper than Steam.

I'm now packing a BioShock 1 and Civ V key that I don't need...

Anyone want some free games?
  • Arcturas 21 Mar 2013 14:37:05 123 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Huxley Civ V would be nice!
  • pauleyc 21 Mar 2013 14:38:26 4,459 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd be interested in the Bioshock key, if it's still available. :-)
  • Widge Moderator 21 Mar 2013 14:44:07 13,561 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had to get that GMG deal. Spec Ops and XCom have been on my wishlist for a while and Bioshock is my massively anticipated title.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Huxley 21 Mar 2013 14:59:37 142 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Arcturas, PauleyC

Check your Pm's :D
  • pauleyc 21 Mar 2013 15:02:10 4,459 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thank you, much appreciated! :-)
  • Fork_Handles 21 Mar 2013 15:20:38 29 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Stupid question - if I go for the GMG offer, can I Steam gift the codes for games I already have, or are there some additional hoops I have to jump through?
  • Huxley 21 Mar 2013 15:34:06 142 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Fork_Handles You can gift the steam codes from GMG as I have just done.

Much PC-karma.
  • Fork_Handles 21 Mar 2013 15:37:51 29 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Huxley Ta! That GMG deal seems too good to pass up in that case.
  • Widge Moderator 21 Mar 2013 15:59:04 13,561 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fork_Handles wrote:
    Stupid question - if I go for the GMG offer, can I Steam gift the codes for games I already have, or are there some additional hoops I have to jump through?
    They give you an email with a variety of codes in from what I can see, so just bung the one to the person you want to give it out to!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• DuvaDan88 21 Mar 2013 16:12:00 539 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just tried to buy the bundle but it wouldn't take payment from Paypal or by debit card. Anyone had any problems paying with them before?

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• Slurmseh 21 Mar 2013 16:32:15 2,339 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DuvaDan88 wrote:
    I just tried to buy the bundle but it wouldn't take payment from Paypal or by debit card. Anyone had any problems paying with them before?
    Yup. I've missed out on loads of their deals because it will never accept any form of payment from me.
  • DuvaDan88 21 Mar 2013 16:41:29 539 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Slurmseh wrote:
    Yup. I've missed out on loads of their deals because it will never accept any form of payment from me.
    Well looks like they will be missing out on my cash then oh well, Ive opened a ticker with them so will see how that goes

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• Page

of 678 First / Last