Match.com and Online Dating Page 2

• Page

of 330 First / Last

• daithi90 6 Dec 2008 18:38:06 3,283 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There we go. I signed up last week for a giggle.
  • Deleted user 6 December 2008 19:17:37
    Harry wrote:
    There are lots of good free datings sites too. But they tend to have a niche. I met my wife on a Christian dating site.

These things are hugely popular and there's a simple reason. Blokes don't go to church. Churches up and down the land are chock full of lasses and they've got no blokes to chase after.

If you're a bloke on a Christian dating site believe me you are absolutely spoilt for choice.
    Doesn't that mean you sort of need to subscribe to the same moral values as her, though? Fine if you're also a Christian, but not really if you're, well... not.
  • Deleted user 6 December 2008 19:23:51
    Things changed?

You and God had an argument?! Presumably that's still okay with your wife, though, right?
  • Pirotic Moderator 6 Dec 2008 19:34:41 20,647 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Harry wrote:
    There are lots of good free datings sites too. But they tend to have a niche. I met my wife on a Christian dating site.

These things are hugely popular and there's a simple reason. Blokes don't go to church. Churches up and down the land are chock full of lasses and they've got no blokes to chase after.

If you're a bloke on a Christian dating site believe me you are absolutely spoilt for choice.

The Hot Catholic

Rob Schneider has talked to animals, rented his body and even became a chick, but in his latest movie he's about to discover that pretending to be catholic to pick up chicks, aint going to be that easy.

"How can you not be into S&M, you worship a dude nailed to a cross!!",

/clips of him being kicked in the balls screaming 'why god!!'

SUMMER 09
  • cubbymoore 6 Dec 2008 19:49:41 36,507 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Christians have their churches to go to and meet up with people.

The heathens have Match.com

I should be in marketing ffs.
  • Deleted user 6 December 2008 20:26:48
    Pretty sure they keep a close tab on unbelievers up there in heaven. You're fucked, mate.

;)

EDIT: If heaven existed, which obviously it doesn't.

;)
  • Deleted user 6 December 2008 22:20:46
    I heard Match.com was full of potential AIDs, but this thread has corrected me.

Still wouldn't use it though. :p
  • Fizzog 6 Dec 2008 22:37:20 4,108 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    daithi90 wrote:
    There we go. I signed up last week for a giggle.

That's good but it's got NOTHING on Meet-An-Inmate.

It's fun to browse the 50-65 section inparticular,.

51yo Paula should be done under the trades descriptions act! You may of looked like that when you got locked up love but you're not fooling anyone..
  • coojam 7 Dec 2008 12:09:46 625 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Harry wrote:
    coojam wrote:
    I don't know whether I believe in God.

That's an Agnostic not a Christian. A Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ, the main teaching being that he was God. :)

Yeh, that's a fair point. When I said I'm a Christian, I meant "officially", as far as the government is concerned sort of thing. I was Christened and I go to church for weddings/funerals, but when it comes to a belief in the faith, I wouldn't like to insult anyone that was a true Christian by saying that I am, but then don't practice.

Incidentally, my last girlfriend was Muslim. Islam isn't a religion purely for middle eastern terrorists y'know! Her father was from Saudi, but for all intents and purposes, she was as western as everyone else I know. What most people don't realise either (and I don't mean to tread on any toes here, so I mean no offence) is that the history told in the Quran pretty much matches that told in the Bible. The two faiths essentially have the same God and the same key figures, it's just told differently in a different language with different words. Oh, and there's lots more to the Quran too.

I'm going to get shit for this aren't I. I mean not to offend people!
  • Angel_Treats 7 Dec 2008 12:18:50 11,072 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Because it's EG and that's what happens?
  • Metalfish 7 Dec 2008 12:22:06 8,874 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He might get shit for assuming that we don't know anything about one of the world's major religions, I suppose.

So, this dating thing then?
  • Genji 7 Dec 2008 12:22:34 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    People of any faith occasionally get shit on EG. Most of the discussion re: religion is pretty civil, but it can get ugly. Occasionally.
  • Genji 7 Dec 2008 12:24:07 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, back to the dating.

Go for it. I've had my problems, as described earlier on, but they are outweighed by the benefits.
  • Genji 7 Dec 2008 12:28:18 19,687 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I've met some nutters. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but they were all Chinese girls.

You meet nutters everywhere, though. At least online they can't come after you.

/thanks god for the "block" feature on messaging services
  • dufftownallan 7 Dec 2008 12:31:31 4,725 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    attractive scotsman with gsoh and passion for music, likes long walks on beaches and watching the stars in the evening before retiring to an open fire with a glass of wine to unwind. prospective partner must believe in god cos... well... im him.
    text me coojam!
  • coojam 7 Dec 2008 15:18:30 625 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haha nice. Really should keep this thread on topic shouldn't we!

I didn't mean to suggest that Islam sees Jesus as God, I was just implying that many Joe Average types on the street don't even realise that there is a Jesus figure in a religion that is often deemed as so far removed from our country's historical faith. Massive generalisations going on there of course.

Which are also what I seem to have made from online dating. I got excited this morning cos I checked my email to see that I'd got 8 new messages from match.com, only to realise that they were just confirming the photos I'd put online. Typical.

I don't think my worry is that I'll meet nutters online. That was something I was initially reticent about, but having met more than my fair share in "real life", at least you can pick and choose online.
  • repairmanjack 7 Dec 2008 15:33:09 6,082 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dufftownallan wrote:
    attractive scotsman

Like they're not gonna see through that in two seconds...

;)
  • dufftownallan 7 Dec 2008 16:31:33 4,725 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    repairmanjack wrote:
    dufftownallan wrote:
    attractive scotsman
    Like they're not gonna see through that in two seconds...
    ;)
    LOL!
    but my mom says im cool...
  • Trane 7 Dec 2008 17:01:46 4,059 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Debating trying this myself, match.com that is.

I've got two very good friends who are in solid long-term relationships with nice birds they met through match.com.

With regard to christian girls, I personally wouldn't waste my time unless you're christian. I'd rather find out before 'tying the knot' whether you're compatible in the bedroom or not, sex isn't everything but it's still important IMO.

And I'm speaking from indirect experience here, I have a group of friends (around 10) who are christians and don't believe in sex before marriage, some of the girls are really hot too =/ One pair of friends are getting married in May and although they stay over each others places.....they still have seperate beds.
  • von_Doll 7 Dec 2008 17:58:12 2,117 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My first proper girlfriend was a catholic girl, and despite being 16/17, was both dirty as fuck and batshit crazy.

Never slept with her, but everything else was fair game. If all Christian girls are like that, then they're A-OK in my book!

/big thumbs up
  • Errol 7 Dec 2008 18:06:51 12,566 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What about Quaker girls?
  • Lukus 7 Dec 2008 18:09:53 19,495 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been brought up Catholic and I'm disgusting.

Paintings & Photographs

• Jeepers 7 Dec 2008 18:49:48 13,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    I've been brought up Catholic and I'm disgusting.

asl?
  • von_Doll 7 Dec 2008 21:40:35 2,117 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maybe it's just me, but I almost fell off my chair when I read this while perusing Match for potential vict.. I mean, attractive looking women:

my job:

Work in fluid sampling and analysis offshore.

Almost worth the subscription to e-mail her a lol.
  • Deleted user 7 December 2008 21:43:21
    von_Doll wrote:
    Never slept with her, but everything else was fair game.

/big thumbs up

Having big thumbs must've helped.
  • coojam 7 Dec 2008 21:51:26 625 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    von_Doll wrote:
    Never slept with her, but everything else was fair game. If all Christian girls are like that, then they're A-OK in my book!

/big thumbs up

A bit lol to the previous post. As for the above, that seems to be my experience of the girls I know too. The rule of "no sex before marriage" seems to be taken very literally, as in if it's not penetration, it's absolutely a-ok.
  • coojam 8 Dec 2008 22:04:50 625 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, disappointingly, I feel like I've picked out all the wheat from the chaff in a 50 mile radius. Just realised the downside of only buying a one month subscription: that situation isn't likely to change in the next 25+ days. All of a sudden, waiting for it to happen in "real life" has just turned into waiting for it to happen online. Typical!
  • Trane 9 Dec 2008 13:41:39 4,059 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    coojam wrote:
    Well, disappointingly, I feel like I've picked out all the wheat from the chaff in a 50 mile radius. Just realised the downside of only buying a one month subscription: that situation isn't likely to change in the next 25+ days. All of a sudden, waiting for it to happen in "real life" has just turned into waiting for it to happen online. Typical!

Never mind mate, dont forget though - some girls will look much better IRL than on poor quality photos of them on the lash (yes there are profile pics like that). If they look like a 6 pinter may be worth meeting them just to see for yourself.
  • Deleted user 9 December 2008 14:18:04
    Heh, mind you, some look better in photo's than IRL as I found. :p I really hated that part in the two months or so I gave it a shot earlier this year, that some people even lie about their appearence through their photo's - hint, you need more than one. But in truth that only really happened once. The others were all actually quite beautiful, to be honest. One in particular was stunning, but she wasn't interested in me. Le sulk.

I was on Guardian Soulmates, which is apparently the "creme de la creme" of the online dating scene according to a couple of female friends of mine who, despite being very attractive, have shit luck in love. Trust me I asked them out at one time too. ;)

I kept my account open (no sub though) and only one person I could be interested in has popped up and it's not worth the twenty five quid to contact her. Bah. My luck this year has been appalling with women compared to the last.
  • Page

of 330 First / Last