What are you currently playing? Page 219

• Page

of 238 First / Last

• Deleted user 3 December 2013 08:01:27
    On mission three on x com the bureau. So far I'm finding it much more fun than the average reviews suggested. Will see how it pans out. Hold tight for my standard in depth review. (x com, good fun 7.)
  • Deleted user 3 December 2013 08:05:06
    @DUFFMAN5 You were right. Glad I gave it another shot.
  • Gambit1977 3 Dec 2013 08:13:55 9,568 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    After getting as many games as i possibly could for PS4 launch, I've shocked myself by being obsessed with AC4. I've never enjoyed them, or sandbox games at all, but this is just brilliant. The level rescuing pirates on the sea was just sublime.
  • drhcnip 3 Dec 2013 17:38:49 2,268 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

heh, the old chestnuts.....youll be going on about our holidays next......;)
  • coomber 3 Dec 2013 19:27:19 308 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @hypernova Yeah but that review is one of those that always get mentioned when people list EG's worst reviews. Mafia 2 was a decent game. Not great, but good fun. The music and story-telling is superb.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2013 10:31:30
    I'm now also playing Tomb Raider. It really is rather fantastic. Massive session on it last night and difficult to find flaws.

It actually reminds me of bioshock infinite in terms of it looking lovely and funneling you through killzones but it's great fun.
  • SaucyGeoff 4 Dec 2013 16:34:05 2,481 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pokemon HeartGold, having a great time.
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Dec 2013 16:38:28 8,749 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    I'm now also playing Tomb Raider. It really is rather fantastic. Massive session on it last night and difficult to find flaws.

It actually reminds me of bioshock infinite in terms of it looking lovely and funneling you through killzones but it's great fun.
    Except that Bioshock:infinite has a good story and characters :-(

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• King_Edward 4 Dec 2013 16:40:29 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tearaway.

It's definitely for children. Strugling to stay interested.
  • Deleted user 4 December 2013 17:32:53
    @Armoured_Bear oh aye. Don't get me wrong I'm not putting on a par with bioshock. Just gameplay wise that's what it reminds me of. The kind of "explore a bit, funneled forwards then boom boom boom" mechanic ;-)
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Dec 2013 18:04:10 8,749 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear oh aye. Don't get me wrong I'm not putting on a par with bioshock. Just gameplay wise that's what it reminds me of. The kind of "explore a bit, funneled forwards then boom boom boom" mechanic ;-)
    Yep, see exactly what you mean :)

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• -cerberus- 5 Dec 2013 18:24:54 2,099 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bought the Escape Plan bundle on PS4. Controls take a while getting used to but, sciene damn it, is it fun! Very replayable too: get faster times, less deaths, 3 stars, find all collectibles, etc. Impatient gamers need not apply though...

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Wavey 5 Dec 2013 18:27:05 260 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dabbling in dark souls but other than that I am struggling to find something that is holding my attention. Very frustrating.
  • Daniel_Spencer 5 Dec 2013 18:31:45 73 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Spelunky again. Hotline Miami again. I hate indie games. And I hate Vita. Because I suck at both games equally as bad.
  • jambii267 5 Dec 2013 18:35:04 1,306 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Luigi's Mansion 2, Luigi is very endearing. Terrific atmosphere too.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Deleted user 5 December 2013 18:42:40
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 5 December 2013 18:46:10
    Finally started rayman legends, well I didn't my daughters did. I stupidly allowed them their first gaming experience. Oh my it was scary. With in ten minutes they were addicts and I saw myself and how I was young. They completed level one with a little help and picked it up pretty quickly. I think I might delay gaming a few more years as for the past two hours I've been nagged at to put the 'movie' back on.

On a side note, rayman looks awesome.
  • Deleted user 5 December 2013 18:52:44
    The Last of Us - Yup, still playing it. Great great game. There's some proper tense moments, and the AI of the infected people is second to none at times. No need to bang on about how good the game looks and sounds, as it goes without saying.
  • SambaApe 5 Dec 2013 18:55:56 1,124 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have been playing Papers, Please.

It's curiously difficult, but it is full of intrigue and humor.

I got it on the Steam Sale for 4.22. At that price it's a bargain!!
  • Deleted user 5 December 2013 19:55:23
    X com bureau is really good fun. Well worth the 7.50 I paid, I'd say it is worth a 20.

It uses the cover systems from enemy unknown and everything else is good old x com, from the guns to the enemies. The base is good and there is interactive dialogue, although not great. More importantly it plays fun. Think mass effect/gears of war in x com world with x com cover system and % chance hits depending on cover etc.
  • Deleted user 6 December 2013 12:41:40
    Oh god, I'd thought they had forgotten but they are asking to play rayman! Maybe for twenty minutes if they're good when we are out for lunch.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Dec 2013 13:33:58 13,816 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Vita:
    RE2
    Tearaway
    Sonic
    ACIII

PS3
    Lord of the Rings

AC IV
    GTA V
    Gears
    Gears 3
    GearsJ

3ds
    Lego TCB

Re the above list, I'm lucky if I'm playing more than 2 hours in total per week, so each game gets a matter of minutes!

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 13:34:26 06-12-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• CharlieStCloud 6 Dec 2013 13:43:00 4,690 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You could always stop playing those terrible Gears of War games, you know?

... props to you for playing Resident Evil 2 on the PS Vita!

That is still the best Resident Evil game, ever.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Dec 2013 13:45:43 13,816 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud

Hi Charlie-boy
    ...how very dare you. Gears is GEARS man, you had to be there ;)

RE2 is indeed the greatest RE* game, I think I did a thread about that subject many a moon ago

*special mention to REmake of course.

• CharlieStCloud 6 Dec 2013 13:48:00 4,690 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Truth be told, I am pleasantly pleased you haven't started Dead Space 3 yet.

: )
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Dec 2013 13:52:33 13,816 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud

I watched "angry Joe" (The Angry Joe show on Youtube,love this guy) play the DS3 demo last night, good fun. It has come to watching people play games, rather than play them. I may need a new hobby ;)

Mind you I watch Jeffers and the boys watching the Prem every Sat and I love that.

• StrikeForce 6 Dec 2013 14:19:27 56 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    After shelving XCOM Enemy Within until they patch it (sick of having to abandon my ironman campaigns due to game-breaking bugs) I picked up Fallout 3 in the xbox sale last week. I'm a fair way in - just got to the Citadel and met the Brotherhood properly. But I'm not sure if I will carry on much further.

Having missed it on release, I thought I should give it a go since everyone seems to regard it as one of the best games of the generation. For mre, the gameplay is just one long dull trudge around a largely unexciting landscape punctuated with terrible combat. While the story has failed to grab me due to the awful voice acting (including some hilariously miscast actors who's voices seem utterly inappropriate for the character's appearance) and stilted animation.

Not sure whether it was just the weight of expectation or whether something just hasn't clicked. But after 15 or so hours, I'm not sure I want to commit any more time to it.
  • Rhaegyr 6 Dec 2013 14:24:56 1,116 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    StrikeForce wrote:
    After shelving XCOM Enemy Within until they patch it (sick of having to abandon my ironman campaigns due to game-breaking bugs) I picked up Fallout 3 in the xbox sale last week. I'm a fair way in - just got to the Citadel and met the Brotherhood properly. But I'm not sure if I will carry on much further.

Having missed it on release, I thought I should give it a go since everyone seems to regard it as one of the best games of the generation. For mre, the gameplay is just one long dull trudge around a largely unexciting landscape punctuated with terrible combat. While the story has failed to grab me due to the awful voice acting (including some hilariously miscast actors who's voices seem utterly inappropriate for the character's appearance) and stilted animation.

Not sure whether it was just the weight of expectation or whether something just hasn't clicked. But after 15 or so hours, I'm not sure I want to commit any more time to it.
    I'm surprised you lasted that long - it's bloody dull stuff.

F3 and New Vegas were far too boring for my tastes yet I understand the appeal others see in them. Same goes for The Elder Scrolls series.

Edited by Rhaegyr at 14:25:50 06-12-2013
  • TOOTR 6 Dec 2013 15:38:00 9,473 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Working my way through GTA IV - The Ballad of Gay Tony. It's fun.

And...randomly have fired up Trials Evolution after lord knows how long and am enjoying beating mates scores.

The fact that they have 'moved on' and won't be replaying it makes it even more satisfying ;)

What an awesome game for bang vs buck it is.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Gemeo 11 Dec 2013 08:10:26 218 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    FEZ for the first time. Just at the beginning when a colorful cube tells me to save the entire Universe with me in it 'NO PRESSURE'

LOL!

Anyway, intro 10/10
  • Page

of 238 First / Last