What are you currently playing? Page 218

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• Deleted user 27 November 2013 00:59:39
    Sonic Adventure DX

Other then the camera sometimes, I'm enjoying it. Haven't really played it since its release on the DC. Still a pretty fun game.

All Star Racing Transformed

Forgotten how much fun this could be! Remember playing it a lot when it first came out, and I was surprised it managed to keep me playing for so long. Going back to it now, still loads of fun. Definitely my Kart Racer of last gen.

Lost Horizon

Completed this the other day. Meh. The story is straight out of a Indiana Jones type of film. Graphically, it looks nice and the 3D characters fit into the 2D background well. Think my biggest gripe was the puzzles though. They start out quite clever and logical, but then it spirals into the illogical and tideous that can plague a lot of games in this genre.

As much as I like this genre, so many of them fall into this category. It's like the devs are trying so hard to think of a tougher puzzle, they forget to check if the player will actually understand the premise of what they're suppose to be doing and will they be able to make a connection between the two in the first place.
  • Gunzberg 27 Nov 2013 01:24:14 916 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Saint's Row IV - it's great. Delivers fun by the bucketload with no pretensions.

Dota 2 - also delivers fun but either in a torrent or not at all...

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Kanjin 27 Nov 2013 18:03:54 960 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FTL - nearly got the Flagship on normal. If I hadn't entered the fight with half my hull missing I probably would have won. Bad thing I really don't feel like a replay any time soon.

SRIV as well! - It is pretty damn fun.
  • Steroyd 27 Nov 2013 19:17:50 36 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Assassins Creed 3

Only played the first two sequences but, apart from a weird glitch where a main character's mouth remained shut during cutscenes, all good at this very early stage. Love AC so I reckon I'm gonna really enjoy it.
  • -cerberus- 29 Nov 2013 12:20:25 2,058 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Having a blast - if you'll pardon the little pun there - with Resogun! Old school, incredibly addictive, hard as balls but a lot of fun!
    Quite impressed with the PS4 version of Flower as well; runs buttery smooth.
    Disappointed with Contrast; absolutely love the artstyle and premise but the iffy controls mar what is otherwise an interesting take on a 2D & 3D platformer. A real shame :(

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• TechnoHippy 1 Dec 2013 19:08:48 14,636 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've resumed my Blood Bowl campaign and I've reached the final competition - it's only taken 2 years :-)

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• beastmaster 1 Dec 2013 19:10:59 10,169 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Determined to finish the SP campaign in BF4 on PS4. They are what they are but it's very enjoyable all the same.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Punctum 1 Dec 2013 19:11:55 845 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Contrast and Resogun.

Enjoying these much more than I have Killzone and BF4
  • -cerberus- 1 Dec 2013 19:39:14 2,058 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Punctum Haven't bought Killzone yet but how bad is the single player?

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Kanjin 1 Dec 2013 19:41:22 960 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mount and Blade: Warband.

It feels like I'm missing something. Every battle I go into I get my ass handed to me. Must be a way to train up my peasant army without getting slaughtered.
  • Punctum 1 Dec 2013 20:15:46 845 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @-cerberus-

I found it really dull. Even visually it was a let-down. The game just feels a bit soulless and lacking in identity.

Maybe I'm getting too old for these shooters?
  • Gunzberg 1 Dec 2013 20:18:39 916 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ACIV Black Flag

It.

Is.

Fantastic.

• Punctum 1 Dec 2013 20:22:02 845 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @Gunzberg

What platform? Tempted to try this on the PS4.
  • Gunzberg 1 Dec 2013 21:58:07 916 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Punctum Playing on PC with everything on max. It looks gorgeous.

• Rhaegyr 1 Dec 2013 22:04:28 1,109 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Deadly Premonition

First time playing this one.

Controls like crap, looks like crap, car handling is atrocious, gun-play is outdated and it makes little sense so far, yet I know I'm going to end up loving it.

The music, the mundane mixed with the surreal, the atmosphere, the story, the characters, the whole Lynchian vibe and most importantly the originality just make me want to keep playing it and find out every little detail.

Being a huge fan of Twin Peaks probably helps, too.

Edit - Special mention to Francis Morgan York, one of the best characters I've seen in games for a long time. FK in the coffee indeed.

Edited by Rhaegyr at 22:05:37 01-12-2013
  • DrStrangelove 2 Dec 2013 03:41:39 2,538 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Currently trying everything in my NES rom collection. Gosh, are most of them bad. The average NES game is on the level of "rubbish first attempt at flash game", only that they made children force their parents to pay 40 or 50 quid or whatever. For one laughable shovelware game. Many, LJN in particular, didn't even try to make a game. Just make something that can barely be "played", and then cash. Those dumb little fucks want it for Christmas anyway, might as well put a turd in the box as long as their parents pay for it.

Really brings the great quality and value of today's average game to mind. And makes you think twice about your conviction that Acti, EA and MS were cynical.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 03:45:08 02-12-2013
  • Raiko101 2 Dec 2013 04:26:44 5,519 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think the NES has tons of great games. None by LJN, of course, buy there's plenty of gems out there. A completely different experience to todays games, but enjoyable none the less.

Edited by Raiko101 at 04:54:27 02-12-2013

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• hypoBla5t 2 Dec 2013 07:36:59 1,262 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FFXIV - though a bit miffed about the compulsory story dungeons - suppose I shouldn't complain too much as I am nicely geared up now.

Papers, Please - basically FTL with Communism. Interesting but has failed to really grab my attention.

GRID 2 - not bad for a PS+ freebie.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Dec 2013 08:14:51 8,743 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I just started Wonderful 101 but then Super Mario 3D World arrived so I've only been playing that. It's glorious, the console emits magical fairy dust of joy every time you play it, THAT NINTENDO MAGIC!

Annoyingly I have too much holiday preparations and stuff to do this week so I have little gaming time...

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• DrStrangelove 2 Dec 2013 13:05:23 2,538 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I think the NES has tons of great games. None by LJN, of course, buy there's plenty of gems out there. A completely different experience to todays games, but enjoyable none the less.
    It certainly has, Super Mario Bros., Ducktales, Tetris etc. It even had the best football game of all time. But there's such a vast amount of cynical rubbish, it's awful. Road Riot is one of SNES' cynical rubbish ones, but it was high quality compared to a lot of what was published on NES. Well, the AVGN dealt with a lot of them already.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 13:07:41 02-12-2013
  • neil74 2 Dec 2013 20:25:05 2,305 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ghosts on PS4 , I just parked it as I have flown through the first 9 missions to return to arkham origins.

It is what it is but other than blink and you miss it, I am really enjoying it. May need to look into upping the difficulty.

Also really liking origins despite the reviews..
  • hypernova 2 Dec 2013 23:41:23 1,967 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mafia II - I gather I'm supposed to dislike this, going by EG's review, but I've put a couple of hours in to it tonight and it's enjoyable. Playing the PS3 version, which DF laid in to, but again I haven't seen anything horrific, apart from screen-tear.

The world is well realised (if a bit empty, like most open world games), music is good and the car handling is good too. I've played far worse games that EG have rated higher than 4/10

/shrugs

Edited by hypernova at 23:42:04 02-12-2013
  • Deleted user 2 December 2013 23:59:03
    AC: revelations.

So glad I went back to this after the shitty opening. Constantinople is beautiful. I find myself just watching the sunrise over the city. Ezio is awesome and it's just a brilliant game. Sequence 5 or so and it's just assassins creed all over. Which for me is just fine as I love the franchise.

I've said "just" quite a lot there. Ah well.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Dec 2013 05:11:28 13,795 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @BillCityfingers

We told you...;-)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• drhcnip 3 Dec 2013 06:25:48 2,261 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

just like many people have. told you about new vegas?

:D
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Dec 2013 06:41:37 13,795 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @drhcnip

Get back to marking books you...or whatever you lot do when you are not having poxy inset/fun days ;)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Punctum 3 Dec 2013 07:02:39 845 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    neil74 wrote:
    Ghosts on PS4 , I just parked it as I have flown through the first 9 missions to return to arkham origins.

It is what it is but other than blink and you miss it, I am really enjoying it. May need to look into upping the difficulty.

Also really liking origins despite the reviews..
    Agree with you on Ghosts. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this considering I've not been a fan of the previous games. This is so much more fun than KZ and BF4 - pleasant surprise, this.
  • Page

of 237 First / Last