What are you currently playing? Page 217

• Page

of 238 First / Last

• -cerberus- 12 Nov 2013 14:31:42 2,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bought a bunch of games on PSN: Papo & Yo (impulse buy, looks colourful and fun but I don't know what to expect), Crash Bandicoot 2, Kula World, MediEvil & Spyro the Dragon Trilogy. Sweet 32-bit goodness \o/

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• BloodMountain88 16 Nov 2013 14:33:19 128 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Velocity Ultra (PS3).

Bought this from the PS Store this week, as I enjoyed what I played of the PS Mini version, but until now hadn't been able to play updated version as I don't own a Vita. Really enjoying it once again - love the new artstyle, and it's really addictive once you get past the first few levels.

Edited by BloodMountain88 at 14:33:35 16-11-2013
  • King_Edward 16 Nov 2013 14:40:17 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Bought a bunch of games on PSN: Papo & Yo (impulse buy, looks colourful and fun but I don't know what to expect),
    It's certainly colourful. It's less fun and more heart wrenchingly beautiful though.
  • Matt36 16 Nov 2013 17:36:36 1,191 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gone back to playing Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005) on the XBOX 360. Thought it'd be easy achievements and I picked it up for 6, which is a bargain. But its ended up being long, boring and tedious -.-
  • Madder-Max 16 Nov 2013 19:05:46 11,568 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Blops 2 atm. Just got the vengence pack which is ace. Finding that there are loads more glitchy twats online lately. I report em for what good that will do.

Bored with gta online. I think it should have been more like eve online in the structure and growth of the service but hey ho.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 16 Nov 2013 19:11:23 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ghosts mp bro!
  • bracken3000 16 Nov 2013 19:22:45 531 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Front Mission 3 & FFIX on PSP, never played either.
  • geeza2020 16 Nov 2013 19:49:23 1,857 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gt 5 4 hour mx5 endurance race. Im stupid like that.
  • Matt36 16 Nov 2013 20:44:19 1,191 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @geeza2020 Is that on career or just something you fancied?
  • Raiko101 17 Nov 2013 17:38:29 5,547 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rayman Legends on Wii U. It's a damn good game. The production values are top notch, there's plenty of content, and the challenge mode is great fun. The level design is at least more interesting than NSMBU, if not quite up to the same quality (if that makes sense).

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• JiveHound 17 Nov 2013 18:24:43 2,150 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Arkham Origins on WiiU. Even though it feels like an also-ran the foundations are so solid thanks to Rocksteady that I'm enjoying this so far.

Suffers from the same problem as City trying to shoehorn too many villains in and by this iteration they're down to using the more obscure miscreants. I really miss how tightly constructed the first game was.

Looks very nice on WiiU although the frame rate in the city bits is poor.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• RyanDS 17 Nov 2013 18:31:21 8,701 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Vita: Final Fantasy IX - Second run through and it is an amazing game. 27 hours in and just finished disc two, I think this is the game that made JRPGs a viable genre. Good gameplay, and unlike FF 7 & 8 a great story and characters that you actually are invested in.

PS3: Just finished COD Ghosts, now playing XCOM again, with bouts of Metal Gear Revengance, though struggling with that,

3DS: Streetpass

360: gathering dust

PC: Skyrim, around 50 hours in and half way through the main quest I think.

MAC: FTL, though the fact I never get close to finishing it means I am about to drop it.

iPad: Replaying Baldurs Gate and lots of Settlers of Catan.

Phone: Lone Wolf, currently on book 8

There are just far far too many devices to keep up with at the moment.
  • -cerberus- 17 Nov 2013 19:00:32 2,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Bought a bunch of games on PSN: Papo & Yo (impulse buy, looks colourful and fun but I don't know what to expect),
    It's certainly colourful. It's less fun and more heart wrenchingly beautiful though.
    Just finished it. Exceptionally beautiful and important game. Some technical annoyances though: framerate & clipping issues, screentearing, ... Still, enjoyed it a lot!

• jabberwoky 18 Nov 2013 11:12:18 441 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Xcom enemy within. Should be banned as its more addictive than crack. Get it now before it is. You will soon only be able to buy it from shady characters in car parks, for 200 plus notes.
  • -cerberus- 18 Nov 2013 23:56:13 2,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finished one last playthrough of Papo & Yo and got all the silly hats. I love this game! :)
    And now it's time to move on to something completely different. I rarely play RTS because it just brings out the biggest nerd in me, case in point: Eufloria (ps3). There's just something so incredibly epic about commanding an army of seedlings, have them conquer new worlds and plant trees! :lol: I could spend days on end playing this...

• trip919 19 Nov 2013 20:27:34 2,249 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil 4 a game so perfect, pure and holy that it could only have been created by god, now has its total antithesis, in a game that could only have been created in the depths of hell, by a bunch of depraved satanists with their one true aim to please Satan - Resident Evil 6: Total Unholy Abomination.

Only into the third chapter of Leon's campaign and finding the will to persevere nigh on impossible - this is supposed to be the good one as well, and there's another 2 fucking chapters, plus another 3 campaigns. The flaws are too numerous to mention. But as a unassailable monument to all that is warped and evil it succeeds admirably. Life's too fucking short.
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Nov 2013 20:33:01 13,814 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Loads now,in an effort to kick start my desire for gaming again. On that bombshell I give you:
    GTAO
    Gears J
    Gears 3
    Bully
    Diablo III
    AC IV online and a bit of campaign

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• DrStrangelove 19 Nov 2013 20:45:36 2,566 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mass Effect 3.

Such great potential. Such great gameplay. All ruined by crappy shallow B-movie cutscenes taking over 80% of the game.

EDI has a decent cameltoe though.
  • Rajin 19 Nov 2013 21:53:25 580 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Metal Gear Solid 2:

Still a amazing game and not that short either. Already clocking in around 5 hours and i still haven't left Shell 1. After this it is time for peace-walker, i wonder how it holds up to MGS 1/2/3?
  • TheMayorOfJugs 19 Nov 2013 22:03:25 2,279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Rajin wrote:
    Metal Gear Solid 2:

Still a amazing game and not that short either. Already clocking in around 5 hours and i still haven't left Shell 1. After this it is time for peace-walker, i wonder how it holds up to MGS 1/2/3?
    Peace Walker is addictive if you get into it. There's the usual MGS stuff and also a lot of resource management. Could easily put 30 or 40 hours into it.
  • -cerberus- 22 Nov 2013 15:12:20 2,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There's a shooter sale on GoodOldGames.com so I picked up Unreal Tournament GOTY for 3. Haven't played this since 2001... Still jolly good fun :)

Edited by -cerberus- at 15:12:29 22-11-2013

• Raiko101 22 Nov 2013 15:16:50 5,547 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    EDGE (Wii U)

Not bad at all, for 1.79. It get quite tough, quite quickly, but it has a lot of charm and throws a number of ideas at you. The controls take a little while to master, but i've enjoyed for the most part.

My only real complaint is that there's a bit too much trial and error for my liking. You have no idea what switches are going to do and you'll get caught out from time to time.

• Rhaegyr 22 Nov 2013 15:18:02 1,116 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    My favourite FPS ever; I miss the days when shooters like this and Quake III were dominant on PC.

Some of the greatest maps ever, too.
  • TheHammerite 22 Nov 2013 15:29:59 1,512 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shinobi - Master System

Fucking old school fun.
  • Raiko101 22 Nov 2013 15:32:06 5,547 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I loved Unreal Tournament. So much so, I started porting and chopping down maps from the original Deus Ex to turn into new multiplayer maps. I've even spent weeks putting together my own maps. I think I was about 10 or 11 at the time and so new games weren't all that common for me at that age. The editor gave that game an amazing lifespan.

• StrikeForce 22 Nov 2013 15:33:38 56 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DmC Devil May Cry on 360. About 4/5 levels in, not sure how far that is.

Enjoying it a lot. The combat is starting to click - although there seems to be so many options and buttons during a scrap that my brain can't quite keep up. Graphically, the colourful, surreal style is refreshing, throwing up some really interesting ideas.

What's more, and this has surprised me most of all, the characters and story seem actually worth following - they've created a rich world and a decent script with quality acting. Hopefully it will stay like this until the credits roll...
  • Rhaegyr 22 Nov 2013 15:46:47 1,116 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Raiko101

The editor was great, so many amazing maps created from it - RevengeLE102, BrokenLimits, Sprinta, Duku. The maps already pre-loaded were some of the most well designed I've played too - Gauntlet, Dreary, Curse, Deck 16, Liandri - I could go on! Even the mods weren't half bad.

It was an absolute gem. Used to love playing 5v5 iCTF on Clanbase ladders with a few mates; got quite good at it too. Then WoW came out and took half the player base with it :(
  • Reacher 22 Nov 2013 15:53:21 542 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    StrikeForce wrote:
    DmC Devil May Cry on 360. About 4/5 levels in, not sure how far that is.

Enjoying it a lot. The combat is starting to click - although there seems to be so many options and buttons during a scrap that my brain can't quite keep up. Graphically, the colourful, surreal style is refreshing, throwing up some really interesting ideas.

What's more, and this has surprised me most of all, the characters and story seem actually worth following - they've created a rich world and a decent script with quality acting. Hopefully it will stay like this until the credits roll...
    It's a really good game. The graphics are pretty nifty too.
  • Deleted user 22 November 2013 16:06:52
    I'm actually at a loss what to play. Started about five games last night and didn't really dig any of them. Huh.

Fuck it. Quake 2 it is. I really wish someone somewhere would do a port of quake onto Xbox. It's the only id game I can't play on it, yet the one I most want to.
  • Matt36 24 Nov 2013 21:15:21 1,191 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
    So boring and tedious. Clip a wall, you're facing 180 degrees in the wrong way. I thought it was going to be a quick and easy 1000Gs, instead its taking forever. Just can't be arsed but embarrassed to not have it complete on my profile...

Assassin's Creed
    I just want this out of the way too, so I can move on to the better sequels. I love the setting and ear more than the others, but I wish it hadn't been the first one. Its so bland and boring. Could have been so much better.

Skyrim
    I've a list of stuff to do. Mainly just mopping up, really. Armour, weapons, collectables. But I really want to say I've 'finished' this game, properly. I've been ticking off things on this list for months. It's what I feel is all you can do in the game. I'm doing it with one character, my original character from launch. I've never made another.
  • Page

of 238 First / Last