What are you currently playing? Page 197

• Page

of 237 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 21 Jun 2013 11:51:46 8,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've been playing plenty of Dark Souls but am 3 hours into The Last of Us and I won't be touching anything else till it's finished. Superb game.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 21 Jun 2013 11:56:32 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Agreed, excellent. Amazing how by adding to the list of things you have to pay attention to, the world feels much more open and complicated than Uncharted, and yet the environments are still pretty closed off.
  • Mr_Sleep 21 Jun 2013 12:03:46 16,236 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Humperfunk wrote:
    At home now I have finished The Last of Us (the definition of a 10/10 game), I have moved on to Assassin's Creed III. What I have learnt from this is next time I'm fortunate enough to experience a game like The Last of Us, don't play anything else for a while because at the mo, ACIII is coming across like absolute shite!
    Have you considered the entirely more plausible assertion that AC3 actually is a bag of shite?
    My friend, I have considered this. I loved AC2 though so I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt!
    I loved AC2 and brotherhood but AC3 is seriously rubbish imo. It says a lot when the best sections in the game are Desmond's. I'm probably being overly harsh and my initial reaction wasn't quite so damning but America is a terrible place to base a game like AC. I'm done with the franchise until they place it somewhere interesting again, like Victorian London. Oh and they absolutely need to bring back the complicated puzzle levels. There's not a single one in this and it makes me sad.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Humperfunk 21 Jun 2013 12:14:43 1,606 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ah shit. I'm four hours in and really struggling (I'm controlling Connor on my way to someone to train me, I imagine to be an Assassin!) but tempted to shove it in the abandoned thread!

Will give it some more time this weekend, but my backlog is so big I need to be ruthless if I'm not enjoying it.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Mr_Sleep 21 Jun 2013 12:20:43 16,236 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I persevered all the way through and there are only a handful of missions I enjoyed. There are almost no interesting buildings to scale and every town looks the same. I will say that some of the new mechanics and the running through trees was fun for a while but that wears off and then you realise it's just not very engaging.

You are a factory of sadness.

• El_MUERkO 21 Jun 2013 12:28:19 16,832 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sa Matra's Wastelands mission for ARMA2. The most fun you can have on a computer.
  • Bawsy74 21 Jun 2013 12:34:41 142 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    007 Legends.

I ignored the reviews as I have enjoyed all Bond games thus far - QoS, Bloodstone, Goldeneye Reloaded...

However, this truly is a very poor game. Awful combat, awful stealth, awful framerate, awful fight sequences, awful drive sequences. I can't think of a single redeeming feature apart from Bond is cool.

Edited by Bawsy74 at 12:36:05 21-06-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Jun 2013 12:51:03 13,799 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished The Last Of Us yesterday, so I'm in limbo at the mo. I tend to have a few days off playing once I have finished any game.
    I have far too many too choose from but I'm leaning towards:

FONV Goty (never played the game)
    or
    Uncharted 3
    or

Obviously playing GearsJ and 3 still.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Armoured_Bear 21 Jun 2013 12:53:23 8,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Finished The Last Of Us yesterday, so I'm in limbo at the mo. I tend to have a few days off playing once I have finished any game.
    I have far too many too choose from but I'm leaning towards:

FONV Goty (never played the game)
    or
    Uncharted 3
    or
    Both are great, maybe Fallout is a better change after TLOU.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• DUFFMAN5 21 Jun 2013 12:56:37 13,799 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear

I was thinking that, although it it also post Apocalypse of course. I will play on the 360 so should run ok.

I can't lose.
    Fallout 3 and now LOU are in my top 5 games, and being as Uncharted is also ND it is all gravy :)

• Trafford 23 Jun 2013 10:12:24 5,269 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Chipping away at The Last of Us, taking my time and really savouring it.

I keep getting distracted by the excellent Tekken Revolution.
    Love the promotion bouts online.
    I think back to when these type of games gave the biggest shizzle in gaming. This looks gorgeous, hope they add more characters, I would pay for local Vs and more story cut scenes.

Nice to have a free copy of XCom from ps+. Playing the classic/ironman game I never got round to.
  • Syrette 23 Jun 2013 10:18:39 41,801 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is Tekken Revolution quite good then?

I thought as it's free it's probably not up to much in its vanilla state.

Downloaded it yesterday anyway.

• drhcnip 23 Jun 2013 10:18:54 2,264 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

aye, fallout nv.....finally.....;)
  • DUFFMAN5 23 Jun 2013 10:24:46 13,799 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    drhcnip wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5

aye, fallout nv.....finally.....;)
    We both now I will play something else before I ever get around to it ;)

• Trafford 23 Jun 2013 10:42:42 5,269 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Syrette
    I think so, I guess some hard core players might find fault.
    The play style suits me, you get thrown a few credits a day to blow.
    Reminds me of popping down the arcade daily for some amusement.
  • Robbobloke 23 Jun 2013 10:44:45 42 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Robbobloke wrote:
    Uncharted 1. Got 3 with PS+ but was advised to play them in order.
    Finished Uncharted 1, now onto the second. Amazing games.
  • thefilthandthefury 23 Jun 2013 10:47:41 24,901 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just finished the new Tomb Raider and absolutely loved every second of it. Lara was instantly a likeable character and the pace was very snappy. I liked this, mostly because I'm UTTERLY TERRIBLE AT PUZZLES! The puzzles in this game are set at my rather poor ability, which was nice for once. Portal, for example... I can't do it.

I started the free Fable III last night as well but it feels really shoddy.

My new PS3 is arriving tomorrow (first time I've owned one) and I've got Heavy Rain and Uncharted lined up so I might ignore Fable III until that arrives.

Edited by thefilthandthefury at 10:48:02 23-06-2013
  • Baihu1983 23 Jun 2013 16:36:07 2,835 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sonic Generations which I got on sale on XBL
  • FarFromSane 23 Jun 2013 18:42:26 231 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just got myself addicted to Far Cry 3. Itís £19.99 on PSN so just had to

Somewhere out there, a neurotic chicken wants to cross the road but is paralyzed by the knowledge that everyone will question his motives

• TheMayorOfJugs 23 Jun 2013 18:50:30 2,270 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Animal Crossing : New leaf - My first Animal Crossing. I'm 4 days in and I already know it will ruin my backlog. It's severely addictive for reasons I can neither comprehend nor express. I also despise Tom Nook and his less than expansiony *expansions*. Thanks much.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2013 19:03:23
    Graveland wrote:
    Uncharted 3 - I'm on the penultimate Chapter, and it's easily, easily 10/10 material. If anything, it's probably the best in the series, in my opinion. I haven't played the second since it was released so my memory of it is a little hazy, so it is perhaps a little difficult to compare.

Christ Almighty, some of the shooting parts make even Dark Souls feel like a piece of piss by comparison. Hard as nails in parts.
    Don't read this until you finsihed

but i love those damn rotating and moving platform parts in the on rush of sand at the end. I really would love to see these guys do a movie

The game as picked up a bit of a tainted name of late, personally i really like it, its pure adventure movie escapism joy. Light and breezy, but in a good way.
  • Riven326 23 Jun 2013 19:16:09 41 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    I think I'm finally gonna buy the ME3 Citadel DLC and play that game a bit. I want to start a new character anyway.

Xbox Live: Riven326
    Steam: Riven326

• SolidSCB 23 Jun 2013 19:36:02 5,822 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just started Shadow of the Colossus HD, a nice little gift courtesy of PS+ and it has just clicked for me. I was so close to giving up due to the fiddly controls but I 'got it' just in time, and thank god I did. Just finished off the 2nd Colossus and I'm absolutey loving it.
  • Rhaegyr 23 Jun 2013 20:34:50 1,109 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Just started Shadow of the Colossus HD, a nice little gift courtesy of PS+ and it has just clicked for me. I was so close to giving up due to the fiddly controls but I 'got it' just in time, and thank god I did. Just finished off the 2nd Colossus and I'm absolutey loving it.
    Just finished that myself recently - brilliant game. You're in for a right treat with the next Colossus!

Took me four or five of them until I realised you should let the sword charge up before stabbing them :D
  • SolidSCB 23 Jun 2013 20:42:02 5,822 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, that was the issue I was having! I was wondering why the hell my guy was flailing about, harmlessly poking away until I realised timing and building up the attacks are very important!
  • Sharzam 23 Jun 2013 21:39:17 2,117 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Decided to work on my PS Plus backlog this weekend. Although have not completed Last of Us i wanted something less serious.

So been playing Okami and Infamous 2. Also i sorted out the albums on my PS3 and i have 49 games installed mostly thanks to Plus(and about 25 discs). Most not completed.

I think its fair to say i have some work todo with my backlog.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Kafeen 23 Jun 2013 21:49:21 548 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    Decided to work on my PS Plus backlog this weekend. Although have not completed Last of Us i wanted something less serious.

So been playing Okami and Infamous 2. Also i sorted out the albums on my PS3 and i have 49 games installed mostly thanks to Plus(and about 25 discs). Most not completed.

I think its fair to say i have some work todo with my backlog.
    You think that's bad? Thanks to Steam sales and Humble Bundles, I found over 100 games I have on steam that I've never even installed.

Must stop buying more stuff!

At the moment, playing Arkham City (on the 360 since the PC version decided it doesn't like to save progress).
  • JiveHound 23 Jun 2013 22:00:48 2,141 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Super Metroid.

It's like I'm thirteen all over again.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Deleted user 23 June 2013 22:05:03
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Yeah thats a common issue, or complaint when playing SOTC, i was the same, but man, when its clicks. Got the urge to play it again soon actually.
  • Page

of 237 First / Last