The Expendables Page 7

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• glaeken 9 Mar 2011 16:17:50 11,169 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They need to get Christopher Lambert in and Rutger Hauer. Then they really will have the full house of cheesy 80's b film stars.
  • DJCopa 9 Mar 2011 16:20:07 1,056 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    What I really liked about the Expendables was the lack of CGI. It actually seemed to feature real stunts for the most part. So whoever they bring on for a sequel I hope they keep the same attitude for the stunt work. If it turned into a CGI fest then for me that would be its main redeeming feature gone.

I thought all the blood that kept spurting out everywhere was CGI and it made me hate the film! Maybe I need to view it again - Kurt Angle and Steve Austin just about made up for it at the end :)
  • cianchristopher 9 Mar 2011 16:22:47 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd like to see William Devane as the chief bad guy, I love those "genre film" stars from the 70s and 80s.

Fuck, they don't make 'em like that anymore. (I might watch Drive Angry sometime soon, it seems to be of a similar ilk).

Edit: this is William Devane, he was the Secretary of Defense (and a bit of a badass) in 24.
  • disusedgenius 9 Mar 2011 16:32:10 5,313 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DJCopa wrote:
    I thought all the blood that kept spurting out everywhere was CGI and it made me hate the film!
    Yeah, there's plenty of CG in there, just used pretty well.
  • glaeken 9 Mar 2011 16:33:27 11,169 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DJCopa wrote:
    glaeken wrote:
    What I really liked about the Expendables was the lack of CGI. It actually seemed to feature real stunts for the most part. So whoever they bring on for a sequel I hope they keep the same attitude for the stunt work. If it turned into a CGI fest then for me that would be its main redeeming feature gone.

I thought all the blood that kept spurting out everywhere was CGI and it made me hate the film! Maybe I need to view it again - Kurt Angle and Steve Austin just about made up for it at the end :)

I don't remember the blood being CGI but you might be right. Certainly the car chase/shoot out at one point was real and the stuff with the plane all looked real.

For me I really object to CGI when they decide to use it but also throw out the laws of physics. It's just really obvious when they do something that is not physically possible in CGI to my eye and it totally detracts from whatever it is they are trying to do. For example see the chopper acrobatics in the A-Team update. No tension in the scene at all for me because I can see the physics acting on the chopper are totally off and exaggerated. It just makes it look like a cartoon.

I honestly think a lot of the problem with CGI replacements for real stunts is its been decided that the real physics are not exciting enough so they exaggerated them. The problem being we naturally have an instinct for how things really move due to you know observing the real world our whole lives.
  • disusedgenius 9 Mar 2011 16:40:10 5,313 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's the same thing which happens when you tell someone they can do anything(ish). More than often they shouldn't.

Still, background CG stunt work is still pretty good, a lot of the stuff in something like the Dark Knight stands up pretty well. It can sometimes look better than when you can blatantly tell that a guy's setting himself up to land on a crash map. It does help having infinity money at your disposal though...
  • LFMartins 1 Aug 2011 16:46:40 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    John Travolta, Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme might be part of the cast for the sequel and Simon West the director.

• glaeken 1 Aug 2011 17:17:45 11,169 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmm not sure about this. I almost expect them to announce they have David Hasselhoff next. For me the idea treads a very thin line of being to knowing of what it is and spoiling the whole thing. Van Damme I can get with but not Norris or Travola. I think that is over egging the pudding.
  • LFMartins 11 Oct 2011 12:46:43 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Arnie!!
  • LFMartins 11 Oct 2011 21:21:34 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Picture of Arnie, Sly and Willis on the set of The Expendables 2
  • oceanmotion 11 Oct 2011 21:24:11 15,917 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Arnie looks like he is back in Running Man and Sly looks exactly like his stretched self.
  • beastmaster 11 Oct 2011 21:29:22 11,408 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chuck Norris? Is he going to be in it?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Scurrminator 11 Oct 2011 23:20:49 8,410 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Deleted user 11 October 2011 23:45:39
    Hopefully they aren't just there for cameos. And hopefully its better than the first, for an 80s wannabe action film there wasn't much action.
  • Scurrminator 11 Oct 2011 23:57:30 8,410 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They are main cast. I'm pretty sure that Bruce Willis is the main bad guy this time.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• mrpon 12 Oct 2011 00:11:44 28,893 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I heard Val Kilmer might be in it. They are renaming it The Expandables.

/veal etc..

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• LFMartins 12 Oct 2011 11:39:46 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Arnie, Stallone and Chuck Norris on set.

Just found out that Scott Adkins is also part of the cast, he will play one of Van Damme“s henchmmen.
  • kalel 12 Oct 2011 11:41:05 87,564 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Carl Weathers, or no deal.
  • jablonski 12 Oct 2011 16:40:03 4,094 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kalel wrote:

Stallone and Weathers don't get on.
    He was asked if a clip of him could be used in Rocky Balboa and he wanted tons of cash, so Stallone doesn't have any time for him
  • jablonski 12 Oct 2011 16:40:41 4,094 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    cianchristopher wrote:
    I'd like to see William Devane as the chief bad guy, I love those "genre film" stars from the 70s and 80s.

Rolling Thunder ftw
  • The-Bodybuilder 12 Oct 2011 16:58:36 14,193 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LFMartins wrote:
    Just found out that Scott Adkins is also part of the cast, he will play one of Van Damme“s henchmmen.

THIS is my main reason for this movie
    I'm such an Adkins mark, it's unreal. I've followed this guy since his low days of "Mile High" on Sky 1 (he was in another soap I refuse to remember).

He's finally got his big break. Maybe after this Undisputed 4 can actually come to the cinema. BOYKA.
  • gammonbanter 12 Oct 2011 17:18:44 1,499 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    kalel wrote:

Stallone and Weathers don't get on.
    He was asked if a clip of him could be used in Rocky Balboa and he wanted tons of cash, so Stallone doesn't have any time for him

That's a shame - could have been a nice tribute to weathers and the Apollo character.

Expendables 2 is going to be an 18, right!?

We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

• jablonski 12 Oct 2011 17:28:14 4,094 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    LFMartins wrote:

I'm such an Adkins mark, it's unreal. I've followed this guy since his low days of "Mile High" on Sky 1 (he was in another soap I refuse to remember).

He's finally got his big break. Maybe after this Undisputed 4 can actually come to the cinema. BOYKA.

I was pleasantly surprised by his ability to act, while watch Van Damme's new film. (originally called 'Weapon', can't remember what the name of it is now)
  • The-Bodybuilder 12 Oct 2011 17:52:17 14,193 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    LFMartins wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised by his ability to act, while watch Van Damme's new film. (originally called 'Weapon', can't remember what the name of it is now)

Thought it was still called Weapon? (yet to watch it).
    He's no Oscar winner but even his Boyka character (especially in the 2nd movie) was made iconic (in the underground to folks like us) in due part to his performance. H's alays just needed a better character.

He'll do well. If Jason Statham can headline a movie staring Robert freakin DeNiro, then Scott should get his chance (and I like Statham).
  • LFMartins 12 Oct 2011 17:55:42 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Assasination Games is the name of that film. He also did Universial Soldier : A New Dimension with JCVD and Dolph Lundgren, which should be released later this year.
  • LFMartins 18 Nov 2011 21:36:16 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Warning : This poster might be too awesome for your eyes

Edited by LFMartins at 21:40:02 18-11-2011
  • mrpon 18 Nov 2011 21:39:36 28,893 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D that takes bad assery to a whole new level!

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Kostabi 18 Nov 2011 21:47:06 4,924 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That poster is an 80's action fan wet dream. Pure awesome.
  • Deleted user 18 November 2011 21:49:25
    Awesome, but why is Jet Li cross-dressing?
  • LFMartins 18 Nov 2011 21:52:11 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think that“s not Jet Li but Nan Yu.
  • Page

of 13 First / Last