Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hehe, ok
  • munki83 8 May 2012 18:54:51 1,453 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RMXtreme wrote:
    munki83 wrote:
    Has the game been nerfed at all I was having problems leveling my sith assassin so gave up. That's my one issue with the story MMO. You can love the story or your class but you may not be suited to their play style. I should of rolled sorceress but couldn't resist the double bladed lightsaber.....fuck it I'm going to update and try again
    If you're using the tank spec it should be a fairly easy leveling experience.
    I'm rolling as Deception. Started playing again today and only had problems with one of the gold elite bosses so no where near as bad as I was experiencing months ago. Had fun as well. Love the Sith Inquisitor story line but looking forward to finishing it so I can start a new one.
  • Gl3n Moderator 6 Jun 2012 14:22:53 5,953 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone still playing this?
  • Xeaon 6 Jun 2012 14:24:59 608 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just resubbed yesterday for another look, I still like the game but it feels really empty atm. No idea what it's like 'endgame' though.
  • Gl3n Moderator 6 Jun 2012 14:46:29 5,953 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Had a game time code for christmas if anyone's about on the republic server. May as well just re-roll though judging by the emptiness :)

Edit: Frostclaw server.

Edited by Gl3n at 14:47:34 06-06-2012
  • Dave_McCoy 10 Jun 2012 19:51:09 2,807 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Server transfers are incoming as close as Tuesday I think. Might have read that wrong. Apparently the group finder (1.3 patch) is supposed to be close behind.

I'm staying Frostclaw for now.
  • SClaw 11 Jun 2012 08:35:01 826 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SWTOR is a really good game. Unfortunately it's a really shit MMO.

I doubt the group finder will improve things very much as running PUG ops is a complete nightmare which is never worth the effort (the gear isn't a whole lot better than pvp gear considering the time it takes to get it) and I still find that most of the top tier flashpoints are slightly broken in slightly annoying ways.

And warzones are just screwed now. Sub-50s you win depending on how many 40+ or heavily twinked characters you have. 50+ you win depending on how many fully geared battlemasters you have. In fairness to SWTOR, this isn't just SWTOR's issue. But this is a new MMO. They should have looked into these issues and come up with... something... original to address them.

On the other hand, some of the storylines are great. The agent was a blast start to finish, much better than the trooper (although the trooper had some cracking set pieces near the end). The Inq is great too... but running the same non-storyline planet missions again is ilke pulling teeth. When I hit taris for the forth time I might have to smash my head through the monitor.

Unless ranked wz somehow make pvp interesting again I won't be resubing when my 6 months expires. That said, I do think it's been a mostly positive dip into this MMO. Just not sustainable.
  • Ajay 11 Jun 2012 15:05:41 2,412 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In fairness, I don't think PUGs being terrible is the game's fault - running PUG raids in any MMO has always been awful because of the, well, puggers. As a counterpoint, I actually quite like it that the gear tiers aren't hugely seperatedas it makes mid-difficulty stuff worthwhile. PvP? Well, I've not played a huge bunch but in my experience whoever has the premade wins, as usual. I suppose being an MMO I wasn't expecting the PvP to be any good anyway - frustrating if you're a fan though, granted.

I think the best thing they can do right now is start condensing server populations. It's one of those times I hate to have been right, but as I said back in December too many servers and the artificial queues at launch have spread people too thinly, and when the inevitable post-launch dropoffs happened individual populations started to shrink. If you'll excuse the analogy, the thinner you spread something the quicker it evaporates - there's still plenty of people playing overall for it to carry on, they just need to condense it to far fewer servers to maintain a community before even the fans give up.

I really don't get why they went with the increasingly-archaic 'named server' method at all since the game supports zone instancing/sharding whatever it's called.
  • Petrarch 11 Jun 2012 15:35:43 3,553 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Frostcalw is where I'm based and the Republic side on it is spread a bit thin unfortunately - it's normally quiet on the fleet in the evenings plus a number of the planets are almost empty.

It's better over on the Imperial side, though the main problem Frostclaw had/has is the fact it was effectively the dumping ground for EU guilds when TOR launched and a lot of people jumped ship elsewhere since the server was too busy.
  • Ajay 11 Jun 2012 16:19:09 2,412 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I rerolled from Frostclaw and started over with a friend on an RP server for that reason just after launch. There's a number of us having a lot of fun playing through new characters together, but it lacks the atmosphere when there's few other people around.

Will be looking to see how their migration plans work out - there's still a lot of the game I'd like to see, but it hinges on how long it takes them to sort out the populations.
  • SClaw 11 Jun 2012 16:22:25 826 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A good point on the server spread issue. When that's solved it might make the game a bit more lively but I fear it won't put the soul into the game it seems to be lacking.

Yeah. I'm not quite sure why they bother with the server structure either. I guess that transfers are a source of income for them? It's cynical though... as if renaming a few fields in a database (or whatever) actually costs them anything.

Not that the one server method doesn't have it problems too. At least if you want to escape some dickhole you can go play on another server. In something like Eve it's basically tough shit - you're stuck with them forever and ever.

One thing I don't want is cross server grouping though. I hate that about WoW more than anything in any game ever. Everyone from other servers are tools (somehow).
  • Dave_McCoy 12 Jun 2012 17:35:12 2,807 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The server transfers have begun and once again the SWTOR forums turns in to a load of dribbling idiots who can't read. They've started steady with 4 US and 6 EU servers and the forum has exploded, "BW FAILS AGAIN! HOW DARE MY SERVER NOT BE THERE!! WHAAAA WHAAA"

I don't know why I look. Patience padawan, they said they were doing it gradually to make sure it worked.... >.<
  • spamdangled 12 Jun 2012 17:53:13 27,452 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Several things might - MIGHT - start to bring people back to it.

Co-dependent crafting. At the moment, everything you can craft requires no input from other players. This instantly makes the economy stillborn.

Craft gear needs to be better or at least on par with drops - At launch, crafted gear fell well below what you could but from vendors. This made crafting redundant.

LFG - It seems this is getting fixed, but it really should have been there from the start to make the game more appealing to the casual crowd who keep the MMO genre afloat.

Server mergers - TOO. MUCH. PHASING. Worlds feel empty too much, too often. This is exacerbated by an almost fetishistic obsession with phasing everything. Stop it. Merge those fucking servers, ditch all that phasing (it was originally meant to be temporary). People won't pay a sub to play in an empty world.

In fairness, there seems to be some indication that stuff is coming which will make the game interesting - completely free expansions, space combat, etc. For that, bioware should be applauded. But they have sort of hung themselves now - people will now expect all updates to be free. Short of a retail expansion providing the mother of all content to justify the price, the only other route I can see is F2P.

I've hung on to my sub despite not playing in several months, mainly because I would like to see a viable alternative to WOW managing to coexist. But unless BW seriously buck up their ideas and start accepting they made a lot of fundamental cock ups, I don't see the game recovering anytime soon.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• SClaw 13 Jun 2012 20:32:26 826 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Broken. Nadd is broken.

Us Imps pretty much suck in WZ on Nadd but I could at least expect an even won/lost ratio from a night. Tonight... 6 straight complete - really complete like no guns capped at all - losses.

The people who transfered over fucking suck.
  • RMXtreme 14 Jun 2012 00:35:58 3,145 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They probably hadn't played a Warzone in a couple of weeks ;)
  • SClaw 17 Jun 2012 10:28:05 826 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Still broken. No wins in 20+ games. It's statistically improbable!
  • RMXtreme 17 Jun 2012 12:32:03 3,145 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've had some bad streaks, but never that bad, are you coming up against pre-mades all the time?
  • Dave_McCoy 17 Jun 2012 22:36:39 2,807 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've had bad streaks of about 10 losses in a row. I've never lost anymore since I usually stop and go PvE for a while before I throw my monitor out the window.

Wonder if Frostclaw will be an origin or destination server.
  • Bleh 18 Jun 2012 18:17:21 248 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's now possible to get server transfer of Frostclaw, destination Nightmare Lands.
  • Dave_McCoy 18 Jun 2012 19:41:33 2,807 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yup, got my e-mail. Didn't think there were any EGers left on Frostclaw. Hopefully we'll get some decent populations now. Might even get some flashpoints finished.
  • mc808 18 Jun 2012 20:20:25 239 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Stomping in WZs has gotten easier with the transfers, lots of new people who don't recognise my guild. Be interesting to see if there's any competition for Nightmare Pilgrim tomorrow night.
  • Dave_McCoy 18 Jun 2012 21:41:29 2,807 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Which one is it mc808? Hoth or are you Republic? I'm hoping Pantheon won't be recognised at first. They probably will be soon once we roll a few Imps :-)

When I say we, I mean mostly the other members. I haven't PvPed for a while.
  • abs13 18 Jun 2012 22:17:32 54 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A lot of Pantheon have moved over to Nightmare Lands. Plenty of pvp action already.
    Rep fleet running two instances again, 300-400 approx this evening which was nice to see.
  • mc808 18 Jun 2012 23:17:44 239 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm in Drop it Like it's Hoth and Pantheon. Not had any games against Pantheon yet though, just come up against some Dawn folks so far.
  • Petrarch 19 Jun 2012 09:00:15 3,553 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Our guild followed suit like so many others and abandoned Frostclaw for NL last night. Not everyone's over yet but we're getting there a piece at a time.

NL is so much busier and the GTN is in vastly better shape than what Frostclaw had, though it is more expensive than what we got used to. I did get used to not having to fight for mobs when doing the dailies since it was so quiet so now it's busy that'll take a bit of getting used to again.
  • Dave_McCoy 19 Jun 2012 10:38:40 2,807 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was hoping the GTN would be in better shape. I have some things to sell that wouldn't have gone on the Frostclaw one. Soon it'll be cross faction too which might help. Was it you pimping something about chocolate last night on the fleet chat Petrarch?

I do need a new Legacy name though :(
  • Petrarch 19 Jun 2012 11:36:12 3,553 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Very likely, the chocolate thing is part of our recruitment message and a few of us fired it out in general last night, got a couple of new members into the fold.

I lost a couple of names but I retained Petrarch so the important one was safe. Lost my legacy name but I was pleased that I got it changed to Hackett on NL :)
  • SClaw 25 Jun 2012 20:07:35 826 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Position in queue 796...

No Bioware. NO. Bad Bioware!
  • Page

of 61 First / Last