Star Trek Page 114

• Page

of 121 First / Last

• BinaryBob101 23 Nov 2016 14:44:41 26,502 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's a bloody odd way of announcing some major casting. Then again, this whole thing from inception has been a weird production.
  • CosmicFuzz 23 Nov 2016 14:52:00 31,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I know. From the quote it's almost as though Meyer is talking about a different show.

Was hoping we'd have much more info at this stage too.
  • nickthegun 23 Nov 2016 14:52:01 70,740 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thats is a great bit of casting, if shes the captain. The new CT:HD movie is pretty shit, but she is fantastic as the old, sage warrior type.
  • CosmicFuzz 23 Nov 2016 14:52:59 31,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    She'll probably get killed in the pilot for shock value. (Hopefully not.)
  • nickthegun 23 Nov 2016 14:57:13 70,740 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I could totally see her as a Vulcan elder type
  • CosmicFuzz 23 Nov 2016 14:58:20 31,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah she'd be great as something like that. Didn't they say the main character isn't human? Maybe this is her.
  • BinaryBob101 23 Nov 2016 15:21:37 26,502 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thought the main character was number one, a twentysomething exec officer?

Noboidy knows, do they. the script writers probably don't fucking know yet.

Yeoh is good casting though.
  • CosmicFuzz 23 Nov 2016 15:25:05 31,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh that's right. Maybe she's the Captain but it's just a supporting role if she's not the main character - which would actually make sense if they've cast someone fairly well known in the role.
  • BinaryBob101 23 Nov 2016 15:41:28 26,502 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, Captain is probably right. She's the right age now and carries that kind of authority as nick said. She looks amazing for her age and hasn't been tampered with too much,
  • CosmicFuzz 23 Nov 2016 15:43:52 31,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I forgot she was in Tomorrow Never Dies as well.

Although I tend to forget about Tomorrow Never Dies full stop really...
  • CosmicFuzz 24 Nov 2016 09:58:01 31,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deadline reporting that Michelle Yeoh is playing Han Bo, a Starfleet Captain of the USS Shenzhou.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/star-trek-discovery-michelle-yeoh-cast-captain-1201859554/

So going off what we know, the show will have at least three major ships - the Discovery, the Shenzhou and a Klingon ship of some kind.
  • Razz 4 Jan 2017 21:12:25 63,149 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
  • YenRug 21 Jan 2017 21:37:32 4,433 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-discovery-delayed-again-as-spocks-father-is-cast-965494

'Star Trek: Discovery' Delayed Again as Spock's Father Is Cast

January 18, 2017 10:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg

The CBS All Access series will no longer debut in May.

CBS All Access' Star Trek: Discovery has been delayed again as the series continues casting.

The revival for the streaming platform has cast James Frain as Spock's father, producer CBS Television Studios announced Wednesday, as sources confirm that the show's planned May debut has been pushed.

"Production on Star Trek: Discovery begins next week. We love the cast, the scripts and are excited about the world the producers have created," reps for CBS All Access said in a statement. "This is an ambitious project; we will be flexible on a launch date if it's best for the show. We've said from the beginning it's more important to do this right than to do it fast. There is also added flexibility presenting on CBS All Access, which isn't beholden to seasonal premieres or launch windows."

Frain will play Sarek, the famed father of Spock who was first introduced in the original Star Trek and who has made several appearances throughout the franchise's many incarnations over the past five decades.
    The CBS All Access show features the franchise's Enterprise, now known as the U.S.S. Discovery. The drama will introduce new characters seeking new worlds and civilizations while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.

The Walking Dead star Sonequa Martin-Green ó who will continue to portray fierce survivor Sasha on the AMC zombie drama as a series regular ó will play a lieutenant commander on Discovery. It's also worth noting that Walking Dead has already wrapped production on its current seventh season and, should Martin-Green's Sasha survive, wouldn't return to production until summer 2017.

Michelle Yeoh, Anthony Rapp and Doug Jones were announced as the 13-episode series' first castmembers. Chris Obi, Shazad Latif and Mary Chieffo were also cast as Klingons.

Star Trek: Discovery was originally scheduled to debut in January and was pushed back to May, with The Good Wife spinoff The Good Fight now set to be the first scripted offering on CBS All Access, the network's VOD platform. This marks the second delay for the series, which saw former showrunner Bryan Fuller step down to focus on his Starz drama American Gods.

Star Trek: Discovery hails from Alex Kurtzman, Fuller and Roddenberry Entertainment. Executive producers include Heather Kadin, Gretchen J. Berg, Aaron Harberts, Akiva Goldsman, Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth. Berg and Harberts took over as showrunners for Fuller, who recently noted that he will not be involved at all but has left his outline for the series as well as multiple scripts for producers.

Frain (Orphan Black, True Blood) is repped by Gersh.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 22 Jan 2017 20:54:15 3,708 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    More delays? It's gonna end up shit isn't it?
  • Scurrminator 22 Jan 2017 21:09:03 9,004 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It feels a bit like vapourware. Not even any production shots (have they even started yet!?)
  • YenRug 1 Feb 2017 00:36:57 4,433 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Production has begun, though it looks like they have geo-locked the announcement video...

• YenRug 1 Feb 2017 11:57:54 4,433 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Non-geo-locked version:

• CosmicFuzz 1 Feb 2017 12:07:15 31,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah watched that this morning. Like the new tweaked logo, still hate the ship design. The tease of the uniform looks nice - although given it's pretty much set in same timeframe as TOS I'm guessing it's a landing uniform a la The Cage, and not the regular uniform. I don't see why the regular uniform wouldn't be the same as Kirk etc.

Looking forward to getting a proper trailer for it. Want to see the sets, aliens, etc!
  • YenRug 1 Feb 2017 12:12:03 4,433 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Seems to be some confusion over the time period, from SFX:

The uniforms are classic Star Trek fare: military-inspired but fashionable because, remember, no one can hear you scream in space but they can see you rock some killer threads. Itís not just a stylish piece of kit, oh no. those badges look like proto-comlinks that would later keep Captain Picardís crew (Discovery is set 10 years before TNG) in touch with each other.
    http://www.gamesradar.com/star-trek-discovery-teaser-trailer-shows-off-new-aliens-trendy-uniforms-and-a-captains-chair-waiting-to-be-filled/
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Feb 2017 12:25:42 31,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I saw a post on Reddit comparing them to these 'field uniforms' worn in The Cage:

Makes sense to me - I wouldn't be surprised if we've yet to see the actual uniforms.
  • DanB24 1 Feb 2017 23:06:09 5,090 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Surely they mean 10 years before TOS not TNG right?
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 1 Feb 2017 23:34:37 3,708 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There's something a bit Enterprise-y about that uniform too.

This is set in the reboot universe isn't it?
  • YenRug 1 Feb 2017 23:38:41 4,433 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    There's something a bit Enterprise-y about that uniform too.

This is set in the reboot universe isn't it?
    If you mean as in ST:E, yeah, I was trying to find a screenshot earlier of the admirals, etc, as they always seemed to be wearing 2-piece tracksuit like uniforms, instead of the jumpsuits that the Enterprise crew wore, but couldn't find a clear shot of one that showed it properly.
  • Dirtbox 2 Feb 2017 01:40:16 88,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • CosmicFuzz 2 Feb 2017 06:48:02 31,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No that's wrong, it's set ten years before TOS. The Enterprise C years would be an interesting time to explore, however.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 2 Feb 2017 07:07:47 6,177 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah it's set before TOS. If it was set in Enterprise C time, they would be wearing the red flappy movie uniforms.

Actually is there a canon reason for them keeping those uniforms for 70 odd years but changing the others every 5 minutes?

Edited by BigOrkWaaagh at 07:16:22 02-02-2017
  • Technoishmatt 13 Feb 2017 21:23:26 1,708 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I hated the few bits of Enterprise I saw when it came out, and could never face watching after that.

Giving it a second chance now, 10 episodes into series 1 - it is not that bad. Some huge unnecessary cringe moments, and writing is not as good / feels like recycling older studd withiut any growth. But oveall, it does feel more like Trek than I remember before.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 13 Feb 2017 21:56:02 6,177 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I gave up on Enterprise when it first came out, but I watched the whole thing a couple of years ago and I did rather enjoy it.
  • CosmicFuzz 13 Feb 2017 22:08:22 31,893 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Alleged first look at the klingons.

According to Nick Meyer's dog's twitter account (his dog tweets from the writers' room) they just fired an extra or something, so probably legit.
  • DanB24 14 Feb 2017 07:50:44 5,090 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Prime universe my arse. They're not bloody Klingons!
  • Page

of 121 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.