• captain_markyboy 28 Aug 2013 04:20:46 250 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Haha. Brill!
  • urban 28 Aug 2013 09:19:43 10,978 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    She wasn't happy with the operation so she's changing it up, with who has at least been taught by Walt. I get the feeling Matt Damon is going to kill the other guys though, they are a liability, I dunno. Call it a hunch.
  • oceanmotion 28 Aug 2013 18:37:10 16,008 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thought he wasn't very bright and rash. Most likely something will go wrong with his over confidence.

@Goodfella

:D
  • L0cky 28 Aug 2013 19:16:04 1,540 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Meth Damon is being a bit mouthy as well. Calling up Walt and leaving a message about business. Telling the other brotherhood guys all about the things he did with Walt and Jesse...
  • TOOTR 30 Aug 2013 07:39:16 9,603 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How does Jessie know without doubt that Mike was killed?

Did I miss him noticing something, hearing something etc etc?

Or is it just a strong suspicion without evidence?

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• Salaman 30 Aug 2013 08:20:26 19,298 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Strong suspicion.
    Mike was a bad-ass, experienced veteran. Walt had his whole crew killed off. Mike wouldn't just go "ok, you seem to 've lost it a bit, I'm leaving town, see you".
    Neither would Walt just go "Yeah .. Mike's out there somewhere but I'm not too worried. I'm sure he won't come after me".

As Jesse said in the scene at his house, "I know Mike's dead because if you killed all of his guys but not Mike himeself, you'd have to be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life."
  • muttler 30 Aug 2013 08:32:06 4,134 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I re watched episode 9 the other day, note that in the opening scene when Walt is looking through the ruined house, he has a full head of hair and beard.† So surely that happens after the final showdown, conclusion- Walt 'wins' but loses family?
  • Ziz0u 30 Aug 2013 08:33:40 8,499 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    L0cky wrote:
    Meth Damon is being a bit mouthy as well. Calling up Walt and leaving a message about business. Telling the other brotherhood guys all about the things he did with Walt and Jesse...
    At least he didn't go as far as to tell them about the kid... not that they would care having just murdered a dozen men.
  • Salaman 30 Aug 2013 08:35:30 19,298 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The very first ep. of season 5 (so the first half of the season, ie. last year's episodes) stat with Walt buying that big fuck off gun that's in the trunk of the car (on his birthday).
    If he's already won (and lost his family) why is he getting himself a gun and going back to the house for his little stash of ricin?

Surely it's to imply a showdown is about to take place. Question is with who? Jesse? Hank? Hank and the DEA? Meth Daemon and the aryans?
    I think the first two aren't all that likely. You never know though.
  • TOOTR 30 Aug 2013 09:04:19 9,603 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I'm not saying it is fair really, but I think the problem I have is that Skyler made choices that directly threaten her family. Walt's poor choices were at least initially about protecting his family.
    Plus that bad plastic surgery she had in the middle of filming gives her a constant duck-faced pissy look that it is hard to like.
    I've warmed to her but it's taken me 5 1/2 seasons. Funny that you call her duckfaced - I've always described her as having an oversized bovine featured face aka 'That cow-faced bint'.

I still remember her singing 'happy birthday Mr president' and cringing about it.

BinaryBob101 wrote:

• TOOTR 30 Aug 2013 09:07:54 9,603 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not wanting to re-open Mola's topic (yet does so anyway) but I found Jessies leap of deduction to be very out of leftfield too.

I think it would have helped me to rewatch some eps before going smack into the final straight in my defense.

But that site did have some great comments/insights, and this one just shows the amazing attention to detail the show has :

Jesseís revelation wasnít as spontaneous as it seemed. All the dots Jesse needed to connect were provided in Saulís office:

1) Saul asked Jesse if there was anyone he wanted to speak to before he disappeared. Obviously, the only people Jesse would think of would be Brock and Andrea, putting them in the forefront of his mind.

2) When Saul calls his relocation guy, he speaks in code, mentioning a broken vacuum cleaner. Jesseís Roomba was where Walt had planted the ricin cigarette so that Jesse would think he had misplaced it.

3) The brush-up against Huell was the most obvious and important part of Jesseís revelation, but the seeds had been very subtly planted leading up to it.

BinaryBob101 wrote:

• TOOTR 30 Aug 2013 09:08:21 9,603 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In summary - back on board, loose ends tied up - can't wait for next week! :)

BinaryBob101 wrote:

• Deleted user 30 August 2013 09:11:39
    He has spent two seasons sat in a stupor thinking about all the shit Walt has done and is capable off. There is absolutely no unnatural leap of deduction here.
  • Mola_Ram 30 Aug 2013 10:06:33 7,710 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    For me, it wasn't so much that the evidence for Jesse's conclusion wasn't there at all, more that him jumping to that conclusion (that Walt poisoned Brock) in that instant was a bit dodgy. I don't think the logical connections were presented particularly well, in comparison to his deduction that Walt killed Mike.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 10:12:06 30-08-2013
  • Salaman 30 Aug 2013 10:07:23 19,298 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TOOTR, I was listening to the podcast 2 days ago and they had a chat with Aaron Paul at the end of it (he was off shooting some movie when they were doing the podcast with writers/actors.
    He said when he was reading the script of that episode and the earlier one, where Jesse lights a joint in the waiting room at Saul's, that he was hoping it was a first subtle clue leading up to some confrontation over the ricin/Brock.

If you recall, Jesse has the joint sitting in his cigarette package (well between the foil and the pack), similar to the ricin cigarette being in his pack in the past.
  • TOOTR 30 Aug 2013 10:34:04 9,603 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice one.

I think I'll have to check these podcasts out. Only 5 eps left. I'm half excited/half sad!

BinaryBob101 wrote:

• aaron0288 30 Aug 2013 11:41:52 92 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    He has spent two seasons sat in a stupor thinking about all the shit Walt has done and is capable off. There is absolutely no unnatural leap of deduction here.
    Surely this is the main point. He's been stewing over stuff for months. This really shouldn't be hard for people to get their head round. I mean, you're sitting there one minute thinking about one thing, which all of a sudden links to another, then another etc etc. It's how our minds work, and Jesse has been piecing together all these possibilities for months.
  • GuiltySpark 30 Aug 2013 11:48:05 6,431 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Didn't he figure it out when he put the gun to Walt's head, before Walt killed Gus?

Walt convinced him otherwise, but the first person Jesse thought of was Walt.

Get bent.

• aaron0288 30 Aug 2013 12:10:09 92 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @GuiltySpark Good point
  • Humperfunk 30 Aug 2013 12:28:16 2,289 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Essentially, it was another example of Walt manipulating Jesse - Jesse only went along with the plan to kill Gus because Walt had convinced him that Gus had poisoned Brock, he was totally opposed to it originally.

Even when he found out it was the plant, he asks Walt for reassurance "he had to go, right?" because he regretted being involved in that action.

Further to that - and more importantly than that - the death of Gus then ultimately lead to the actions that would result in the death of Mike and the death of the kid in the desert, all from Walt's manipulation.

tl;dr, Jesse sees the thieving of the cigarette being the catalyst for the things that happened afterwards, which is why he's now on the warpath with Mr White.

Edited by Humperfunk at 12:28:40 30-08-2013

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Mola_Ram 30 Aug 2013 12:34:56 7,710 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    He did figure it out, until he was convinced otherwise, and found out that Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin. And then he was fine about it until Drew got killed and everything went to shit. Jesse was stewing over things, sure, but not that particular thing, particularly since he had no evidence at all to conclude that Walt would have a plan that convoluted. Although I suppose Walt being so blase about Drew would have set off some alarm bells.

...ok, whatever. I don't care any more, I'm probably wrong. There are far worse crimes. Nothing to shit one's pants over.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 12:52:48 30-08-2013
  • muttler 30 Aug 2013 17:50:35 4,134 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The problem as I see it is that Jesse knows Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin because the doctors told him , then he finds the cigarette so as far as he's concerned at this point there's nothing to suggest Walt or even Gus had anything to do with Brocks poisoning, in his mind it was all down to Brock eating a berry by accident which the doctor told him is not uncommon.† Only we in the audience know that it was the Lily of the Valley from Walt's garden.

The only way the scene works is if we say that at the point of realising he has had his weed lifted, he realises Huell is a master pickpocket and so then thinks that he stole the ricin cigarette simply to make Jesse think that Gus had poisoned Brock, but even that doesnt work unless he thinks that they actually poisoned the kid in some other (less harmful) way, otherwise how would 'Gus' know that the kid would get sick?† And why would 'Gus' bother doing that, just nick the ricin and poison the kid with it.† Which then he might think ok Walt didn't want to actually kill the kid if possible and so made a different poison out of some berries to imitate ricin poisoning, which ends with Jesse being furious for being manipulated.

But the whole figuring out the ricin thing is too long and convoluted for the viewer to piece together each step with Jesse in his 'epiphany' moment, so I agree with Mola ram and others who say that it's really a weak scene that only just about works.

Edited by muttler at 17:52:45 30-08-2013
  • Scurrminator 30 Aug 2013 18:34:13 8,437 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thing is. He didn't jump to a conclusion. He had a hunch, which he was fuming about, but still went to get confirmation from Saul.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• GuiltySpark 30 Aug 2013 19:12:22 6,431 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I figured out what was about to happen as soon as Jesse got humped by conehead in the doorway.

The point isn't really that Jesse has "figured it out", it's that he is smarter than people give him credit for. For example, the "stop working me" scene with him, Walt and Saul in the desert. We've seen how Walt can lie to everybody and seemingly come away unscathed, so that is a big moment.

Get bent.

• localnotail 30 Aug 2013 20:46:31 23,093 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That part of the scene was just brilliant. Jesse has given him the "you are unbelievably full of shit" look before, but I wasn't sure he would ever actually call him out on his blatant manipulations.

Edited by localnotail at 20:47:21 30-08-2013

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• gooner77 30 Aug 2013 22:16:55 804 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In case you haven't seen this

• Deleted user 30 August 2013 23:20:10
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    He did figure it out, until he was convinced otherwise, and found out that Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin. And then he was fine about it until Drew got killed and everything went to shit. Jesse was stewing over things, sure, but not that particular thing, particularly since he had no evidence at all to conclude that Walt would have a plan that convoluted. Although I suppose Walt being so blase about Drew would have set off some alarm bells.

...ok, whatever. I don't care any more, I'm probably wrong. There are far worse crimes. Nothing to shit one's pants over.
    Wow you really are upset by this, no need to be a cunt though. There is nothing unusual or stretched about him working it out.
  • Humperfunk 31 Aug 2013 00:01:19 2,289 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Programme spells it out perfectly, I'm all for discussion but how are we still dwelling on this? Roll on the next episode!

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Page

of 95 First / Last