Breaking Bad Page 60

• Page

of 95 First / Last

• Humperfunk 26 Aug 2013 13:50:44 2,257 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Good question. I thought the same thing.

Must say though, what a fucking episode. I'm almost shaking still after that final scene, amazing stuff.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Deleted user 26 August 2013 13:51:39
    Is it not more the fact that Walt planned to have the ricin taken from him so Jesse thinks it is his fault when Brock gets I'll and so he can't be around the family etc. Another example of Walt manipulating him like a dog and ruining his life in the process
  • Mola_Ram 26 Aug 2013 13:54:07 7,447 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Because he thought he had done it originally. Remember their was a big fight about it.
    Yeah, but Brock, in the end, wasn't poisoned with ricin. It was that flower stuff. Jesse knows this, as he's the one that told Walt after Fring got blown up. As far as Jesse knows, Brock just ate some poisonous berries or something.

I mean, he's basically right in that it was Walt's doing, but I'm not sure about the logical connections he's making. Maybe I need to rewatch a few episodes, as the whole business was a little confusing at the time.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 13:58:38 26-08-2013
  • Articulate-Troll 26 Aug 2013 14:34:13 3,101 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Another great episode. I'm still impressed by the show's ability to surprise; just when you think you know what's going to happen next, you watch a scene like Walt's confession.

My suspicion is that next weeks episode is the last we'll see of Jessie. I can't really see any kind of resolution between them as usually happens, and I'm pretty sure it's not going to be Walt who loses out.
  • Deleted user 26 August 2013 14:43:12
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Because he thought he had done it originally. Remember their was a big fight about it.
    Yeah, but Brock, in the end, wasn't poisoned with ricin. It was that flower stuff. Jesse knows this, as he's the one that told Walt after Fring got blown up. As far as Jesse knows, Brock just ate some poisonous berries or something.

I mean, he's basically right in that it was Walt's doing, but I'm not sure about the logical connections he's making. Maybe I need to rewatch a few episodes, as the whole business was a little confusing at the time.
    Don't really know what you're not getting? Jesse knows Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin, but that wasn't the point. The entire scare, Jesse thinking he had just killed the kid that he loved and the family he had fostered, now feeling that he can't be near them anymore. All because of another example of Walt manipulating him to feel like that. Jesse is angry because he is fed up being Walt's bitch. Being manipulated like a puppet all the time anc being made to feel like he almost killed the people he loved just so Walt could get him back.
  • Mola_Ram 26 Aug 2013 14:51:01 7,447 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I thought there was something in his anger to Saul to the effect of "he poisoned Brock". Not just that he was manipulating him, which is a fair enough thing to assume, but that he poisoned a kid.

And I wasn't sure how he could be convinced of that when the kid wasn't poisoned with ricin. To go from "Huell pickpocketed me" to "Huell pickpocketed me, which means he must have done the same thing before, which means that's where the ricin went, which means Walter poisoned Brock with something that wasn't ricin! Eureka!"

Seems like too big a leap to me, unless I'm missing something.

At any rate, it's only a minor thing. I loved, loved, loved the episode. Absolute classic.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 15:08:15 26-08-2013
  • Mola_Ram 26 Aug 2013 15:35:06 7,447 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I will add that Hank has been uncharacteristically dim in the last couple of episodes. Bugging Walt's car and confronting him before he had any real evidence, talking to Skyler without even thinking that she might be involved too. And now this episode, where he ruins any chance of Jesse talking by continuing to be a prick to him.

All he needed to say was "Look, I'm sorry for beating you up, but I thought that you'd manipulated me into thinking that my wife was dead. Now I know that that wasn't you, and I apologise. Let's get Walter what he deserves". Jesse might still have rejected him, but it would have been a better option.

Hank was really smart in previous seasons. It's a bit weird to see him being so dumb now.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 15:36:57 26-08-2013
  • Deckard2 26 Aug 2013 15:41:37 3,195 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah the Sherlock Holmes moment from Jesse was a little much, but it led to him going mental, so I'll forgive it.
  • Iain815 26 Aug 2013 15:43:48 412 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I kinda felt he put it all together just a bit too quickly too. But given he knows Walt's a massive cunt now, maybe he's been reflecting on the whole poisoned-Brock thing before this episode?

But yeah, it didn't really detract much from a brilliant episode.

I loved the scowling looks Hank was giving at the restaurant and Walt's confession was clever. Felt gutted for Hank.

The plot is really flying now, these last 5 episodes are going to be crazy.
  • Jacksie66 26 Aug 2013 18:39:40 574 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I will add that Hank has been uncharacteristically dim in the last couple of episodes. Bugging Walt's car and confronting him before he had any real evidence, talking to Skyler without even thinking that she might be involved too. And now this episode, where he ruins any chance of Jesse talking by continuing to be a prick to him.

All he needed to say was "Look, I'm sorry for beating you up, but I thought that you'd manipulated me into thinking that my wife was dead. Now I know that that wasn't you, and I apologise. Let's get Walter what he deserves". Jesse might still have rejected him, but it would have been a better option.

Hank was really smart in previous seasons. It's a bit weird to see him being so dumb now.
    Possibly because he just found out that one of the biggest meth dealers ever is his brother in law, hidden in plain sight. I doubt I'd be able to think straight if that happened..
  • Ziz0u 26 Aug 2013 19:30:57 8,395 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Awesome episode. Same thoughts as above re ricin though.
  • Deleted user 26 August 2013 20:05:25
    Oh man, even the opening with Todd casually using Mr White when he was regaling the Aryans about the train robbery.
    Also Uncle Jack casually wiping the blood of his boot in the toilet. I don't think the big gun walt picks up is going to be for Jesse.

Also any one else want to see how they made the guacamole??? Right there at the table!
  • Deleted user 26 August 2013 20:14:10
    Oh man the comments in here are just stressing me out. Watch it all again, there is nothing odd about Jesse putting it together or Hank stumbling.
  • fletch7100 26 Aug 2013 20:52:40 7,331 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Loved the epsiode. Really enjoyed those big moments that happened, won't talk about them yet :)

Loved the small details, Walter rushing to the car wash, quickly composing himself outside the door, then spinning a story to Skyler
  • Deleted user 26 August 2013 21:02:23
    It makes sense from a screenplay 101 standpoint that Jesse will be stopped from burning the house down and will now go to Hank to rat. He has been asked to already, and he now has his own independent reason to do so. He won't burn the place down in part because of the family there. He will then know that the way to hurt him most would be to remove his power by ratting.
  • Ziz0u 26 Aug 2013 21:11:30 8,395 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @mowgli

But don't we see a gutted burnt out house in the first episode of the season? Or was it just bedraggled? Can't remember...

Edited by ZizouFC at 21:37:35 26-08-2013
  • Deleted user 26 August 2013 21:16:16
    Ah shit of course. I just remember it still standing so ruled out a fire but you're right. Then revise the above to he gets fait and then strikes a plea bargain.
  • CosmicFuzz 26 Aug 2013 22:39:42 24,584 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great episode as usual. Nothings ever simple or as you think in BB. My guess is Jessie doesn't light the fire at the last minute, maybe Walt Jr comes back or something. But someone else will accidentally light it. Probably Walter.

It's horror month over at SoundOnSight. Remember Condemned: Criminal Origins? Read my lookback!

• CosmicFuzz 26 Aug 2013 23:03:14 24,584 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The is the show that had Walt causing a plane collision above his house.

It's horror month over at SoundOnSight. Remember Condemned: Criminal Origins? Read my lookback!

• Iain815 26 Aug 2013 23:16:18 412 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I dunno, the house doesn't look like it had been torched on fire in the season opener, just stripped. I guess that Walt will get back in time to stop him or prevent serious damage.
  • Whizzo 26 Aug 2013 23:28:16 43,160 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The house was condemned in the half season opener, if it had just been trashed I doubt it would be in that state, however I really can't see them getting shot of one of the main sets with 5 episodes left to run.

Good episode and weirdly enough I have to say the guy playing the waiter did a great job of a minor role, he acted like so many "servers" I've had in the US and you could almost pity him when he realises he should fuck off.

This space left intentionally blank.

• richardiox 26 Aug 2013 23:34:20 5,611 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wouldn't a fire burn the lottery ticket and thus essentially make Walt's year of risk, meth and murder all in vain?
  • Humperfunk 26 Aug 2013 23:38:38 2,257 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Wouldn't a fire burn the lottery ticket and thus essentially make Walt's year of risk, meth and murder all in vain?
    Now THIS is an excellent point!

I'm watching it again now before bed :)

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• aaron0288 26 Aug 2013 23:49:37 62 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Oh man the comments in here are just stressing me out. Watch it all again, there is nothing odd about Jesse putting it together or Hank stumbling.
    Agreed. It's like the whole Skyler thing. I think some people are so in love with themselves that they've lost the ability to put themselves in someone else's shoes. Hank isn't doing what you think Hank should be doing - Hank is doing exactly what Hank would be doing in his current situation! If you get what I mean :)
  • localnotail 27 Aug 2013 00:03:18 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I would love to see a clip-show made entirely of Hank's outraged glowering. Since he got off the john with his revelation, his face has been a proper picture. Looks like he's being fisted with a rock, sorry, mineral.

The whole Hal-Francis vibe kinda threw me though, have to say. (Alaska?)

Edited by localnotail at 00:04:43 27-08-2013

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Tuffty 27 Aug 2013 00:09:55 1,609 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love the fact that because Saul got Jesse off drugs for the pickup meeting, it was the first time that Jesse has been able to really think straight and not be on this drug riddled state of depression. I don't think he was 100% that it was Walt that poisoned Brock but it was enough of a connection for him to act on it at least, especially knowing that he's convinced he had Mike killed too. Now Saul's just confirmed it so Jesse has got nothing to lose at this point.

Fuck! Can I not just sleep for a week for the next episode?!
  • Page

of 95 First / Last