Breaking Bad Page 41

• Page

of 95 First / Last

• White_Shadow 19 Jul 2012 10:38:48 2,537 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't see why anyone would come into this thread unless they were up-to-date. It's not like people are waiting every week for a new episode to be shown in the UK and can't catch up to US pace, everyone watching beyond season 3 is watching online and has all episodes available to them.
  • Deleted user 19 July 2012 11:16:46
    I don't see how hard it is to just press the spoiler button. You can still have your conversation without excluding everyone else from the thread. Isn't Fucking hard. And it is hardly a minor spoiler.
  • Psychotext 19 Jul 2012 11:44:02 54,164 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spoilers are only generally used for the most recent season in these sorts of threads. I guess the UK situation complicates this a bit here though.
  • Scurrminator 19 Jul 2012 12:01:12 8,411 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Will the real breaking bad thread please stand up, please stand up!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Mola_Ram 19 Jul 2012 12:02:05 7,382 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It should probably have "US pace" or something in the title, but yeah... in general I'm very, very wary about venturing into any TV thread that I'm not 100% caught up on.
  • BinaryBob101 19 Jul 2012 13:33:00 22,901 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mowgli, this isn't like the Book Vs TV thread for Game of Thrones. That spoiler happened over a year ago and as Local and others have said we've been openly talking about BB at US pace for quite some time, because we knew it was a US Pace thread.

I have now spoiler tagged my post, but you were bloody stupid coming in here at the start of a new season not expecting the thread to be a spoiler filled zone.

So, screw you.

The Grumpy Vaper

• BinaryBob101 19 Jul 2012 14:31:23 22,901 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @mowgli In fact, what you've done is come blundering into the thread like some demented, Scottish Weeble, *knowing* that a new season has just begun and looking for spoilers, so you can have an argument.

That's just fucking stupid.

The Grumpy Vaper

• Iain815 19 Jul 2012 15:51:27 412 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Breaking Bad Emmy nominated for best drama, along with nominations for Bryan Cranston, Anna Gunn, Aaron Paul and Giancarlo Esposito. Vince Gilligan also got a Directing nomination.

Also, I second BinaryBob101's point above.

Edited by Iain815 at 15:52:15 19-07-2012
  • Deleted user 19 July 2012 16:27:28
    It's not hard to press the spoiler button for the biggest possible spoiler of the series so far.

There is another, more appropriate thread for it as already highlighted.
  • GuiltySpark 19 Jul 2012 22:10:41 6,383 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Now if you'd come in moaning about Chopsen ruining Supernatural on the other page, then you'd have a point : )

Get bent.

• bad09 23 Jul 2012 20:02:06 5,893 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    We were (up until today) using this thread as the US thread since it was pretty much cancelled in the UK after season 2 for a while.

Now there's Netflix and the networks over here are finally catching up, so we are now using the other designated "US Pace" thread.

Anyhoo, blah.
    Ah I guess that's why I've started a series that's 5 seasons in, good old netflix :) Why was it cancelled here, poor ratings?

Anyways, plowing through on season 2 now (LOVING the sweet irony of a TV show dealing with drugs being so addicitve :)) Fucking hell I just watched "Phoenix". When it sunk in what was happening my jaw was honestly wide open for ages, took my breath away in a way TV hasn't done for ages.

Gonna blitz a few more tonight, one hell of a ride this one. Quite happy I'm late actually I'd hate to wait each week at the mo :)

Edited by bad09 at 20:02:41 23-07-2012
  • bad09 23 Jul 2012 20:58:25 5,893 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    Well not cancelled, just not picked up. It didn't really make a splash here, I guess due to Channel 5 and other channels airing it at stupid times to begin with.

It's the new award winning darling so now they're finally getting behind it.
    Ah I see, mind you who watches Channel 5?? No wonder it didn't make a splash :) Seeing how good it is though I'm amazed someone like Sky didn't snap it up and make a bigger deal of it over here, amazing TV.
  • Scurrminator 23 Jul 2012 22:13:53 8,411 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The subject matter means its a hard sell. It doesn't get massive ratings.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• monkehhh 23 Jul 2012 22:19:10 3,312 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    People just don't hear about it - most conversations about it start with me having to explain about the dad from Malcolm in the Middle resorting to manufacturing drugs to get cash for his family. Then they say "oh, that sounds interesting, when's it on?". And I say "fuck knows, I just download it". Then they never see it.
  • bad09 24 Jul 2012 00:15:41 5,893 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    The subject matter means its a hard sell. It doesn't get massive ratings.
    Now this is true I guess, even aside from the subject matters of a dying family man and the drugs that has you routing for drug dealers despite the various methods to show the damage (although Walt is starting to scare me right now he's starting to like that shit!) but also some of the involved plots are pretty dark I mean quite awful child neglect, some quite horrific murders and deaths, grieving Q crashing planes in mid air, you can see why it must have been a real tough sell.
  • silentbob 24 Jul 2012 08:37:35 28,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Latest Breaking Bad episode is so good. So cold and ruthless, loving the character development of Mike.
    It was awesome. I have to say I was concerned about this series progressing organically after the rather neatly concluded 4th season, but fuck that - it's brilliantly all kicked off again in the space of 2 episodes!

And yes, great that Mike gets an episode to breathe this week. The plot was expertly woven to drawn him back into the mix again.

A superb unveiling of Walt's scheming and quite disturbing character development, particularly that final scene. *shudder*

Edited by silentbob at 08:39:29 24-07-2012

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• silentbob 24 Jul 2012 08:38:57 28,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think that's pretty spoiler free, kick me if not.

• silentbob 24 Jul 2012 08:54:47 28,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sorry, I did see that actually and forgot.

• Salaman 24 Jul 2012 10:03:25 19,036 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yaay thank Mowgli! Now instead of just coming in here every week to talk about the latest, we have a GoT-like 2 threads setup and people can come shout a bit in here if others hadn't caught on to the fact that everyone moved to a different thread because you're cruising around in this one whilst you're still miles behind in the series.
  • BinaryBob101 24 Jul 2012 12:42:11 22,901 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I say we metaphorically fuck mowgli up his stupid arse and decamp back to this thread. If he wants, he can set up his own UK pace thread and talk to himself in there.

The Grumpy Vaper

• Iain815 24 Jul 2012 13:02:07 412 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Agreed. This thread contains spoilers for the first 4 seasons, 2 more than the UK broadcast IRRC. I don't see the logic of forcing us to another thread if there is already 40 pages of spoilers already locked in place. It made much more sense to rename this one to US pace.

Seems a waste to throw it away just because one person can't keep their dick out of a thread which they shouldn't really be reading in the first place.
  • Deleted user 28 July 2012 09:51:34
    Kuby: “This is Huell. Huell, you happy?”

Huell: “Reasonably.”

:D
  • Deleted user 28 July 2012 12:08:58
    Was this you, what happened?

I won

FUCK YES!
  • Page

of 95 First / Last