Demon's Souls Page 369

• Page

of 504 First / Last

• quadfather 4 Feb 2013 22:28:08 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah man, I've just got to 3-2. I said earlier it was probably my favourite level. I reckon its my favourite level out of any game I've played. I totally forgot how much it fills you with dispair. Amazing level design and sound effects

@dominalien - to quote red dwarf, just get in there and twat it!

Or range it with a bow like a sir

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• dominalien 4 Feb 2013 22:29:55 7,013 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks, I sort of figured this out, it's just that the character is so weak she dies in no time. I guess some grinding is in order.

I used to just deal with it with soul arrow with my Royal girl before, which is sort of interesting, because this is the first time I've seen what it looks like. :-)

Edit: replying to pepe, but clearly appropriate o what qf just wrote as well. :-) I'll get on it during a break at work tomorrow.

Edited by dominalien at 22:32:43 04-02-2013

PSN: DonOsito

• Rodriguez 4 Feb 2013 22:40:18 1,097 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Or range it with a bow like a sir
    Glol! Brilliant :D
  • Dangerous_Dan 4 Feb 2013 22:48:59 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather That one was recommended to me, it was never mainstream but it's from the makers of Dishonored, just when they had more soul...

• quadfather 4 Feb 2013 23:41:21 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'll check that link out later as I'm on my phone.

Well, done loads tonight. Nexus music has changed. 1-3, 1-4 and 4-3 to do and that's it. Fucking died on old monk as per. Always struggle with him for some reason. Still, almost done. Going to save 1 boss and then level like fuck for ng+. Determined to do better in ng+ this time. Have kept almost all boss souls so will ponder on spells. Starting to level magic a bit for a bit of oomph.

Right, back to 1-3!

• quadfather 5 Feb 2013 00:36:21 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just 1-4 and 4-3! Sl 72 at the mo

• Dangerous_Dan 5 Feb 2013 00:40:08 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well done! 4-3 is just a formality. Try to stealth around the lizards in the middle of the altar so you can drive them into the stoney wall and not down the cliff. Use the thief ring in combination with cloak if you can.
  • quadfather 5 Feb 2013 08:39:03 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I need those lizards! Penetrator wasn't too bad. Though I did have biorr with me. Christ, I must have been poop at this game first time round. Red eyed knights now drop in a few hits. Or if I can't be arsed, the sticky bow takes them in 2 shots!

• puddleduck 5 Feb 2013 09:04:55 1,854 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ha yeah Quaddy, I remember being petrified of the Red Eye Knights, but the last time I made a character they're really nothing special :p
  • quadfather 5 Feb 2013 09:22:22 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    @quadfather That one was recommended to me, it was never mainstream but it's from the makers of Dishonored, just when they had more soul...

Ah, now THIS is an excellent game. If only for the kick attack. Its genius.

Plus it has a charm spell later on that actually works very well. You can end up coming across a room with about 4-5 monsters in. Just cast charm on the mage, and watch the carnage ensure - it's like benny hill - it's fantastic.

Good levels too. Shite story etc, but good fun none-the-less

• quadfather 5 Feb 2013 09:22:57 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @puddleduck - Yup, can't believe how easy they are now, now I actually know how to play!

• Rose-of-Sorrow 5 Feb 2013 09:41:15 501 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Having never finished this originally, and already having finished Dark Souls, I've finally got round to attempting to finish it. I've just got 5-2 and 5-3 to go now. I killed the False King last night after a number of tense battles (one of which with him killing me with one hit on his life remaining)- man am I glad he's out of the way!
  • quadfather 5 Feb 2013 09:43:54 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Rose-of-Sorrow - I've got him and 4-3 to do - not looking forward to him :)

You planning on doing ng+?

• Rose-of-Sorrow 5 Feb 2013 09:55:53 501 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah he's pretty tough, and if you get too close to him he can decrease your soul level :-( I found the key to him is keeping your distance, knowing his attacks (even more so than usual) and lots of patience. My character is a magician so I basically kept using soul ray. It can be a bit annoying to get to him too, mainly as the blue dragon attempts to toast you. Incidentally, you can just run past him with a bit of timing (and use water veil.)

Yeah I expect I'll give it a go :-)

Edited by Rose-of-Sorrow at 09:57:26 05-02-2013
  • quadfather 5 Feb 2013 09:58:28 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Rose-of-Sorrow - I remember being roasted on the way to him a few times when I originally played it :)

iirc, you need to run up the stairs on the right, then deal with ostrava, and then go in lift and that's it.

I can easily cheese him with poison cloud, but I should really man up and do it properly :)

• Rose-of-Sorrow 5 Feb 2013 10:04:16 501 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather Yeah that's the one! If that tactic works for you then I'd exploit it! Let's be honest here, he's hardly playing by the rules himself with that soul level decreasing attack trick!
  • quadfather 5 Feb 2013 10:10:45 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Rose-of-Sorrow - heh true. I'll give him a go toe-to-toe first and see how much of a twat he is and decide after that :)

• Rose-of-Sorrow 5 Feb 2013 11:41:57 501 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Game complete :-) The last two areas were pretty straight forward, and the end game was surprisingly easy, ridiculously so in fact. Fantastic game.
  • quadfather 5 Feb 2013 13:38:18 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah the end is a tad strange. 5-2 and 5-3 are fun though. 5-3 emotionally so.

I really really enjoyed visiting 3-2 last night. Love that level.

Careful in NG+, it's a *lot* tougher than the dark souls jump to ng+

And slightly on-topic, there's a woman here at work who, when going outside for a cigarette, wears a hat. This hat is exactly like a fat offical's!

It's freaking me out. If she starts chuckling, I'll run to the fucking hills!

• quadfather 6 Feb 2013 09:14:55 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Allant down. Just 4.3 to go. Mulling over pissing about with tendencies to get stuff done. Or whether to just go ng+. Am about sl80 but we know what ng+ is like don't we :)

• Dangerous_Dan 6 Feb 2013 09:25:49 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather I'd collect all the colorless demon's souls. There are the bloated amoebia demons in pure black world tendency who drop them. There is one in the room where miralda was hiding and there are the mephistopheles quests which yield them.

To farm souls I'd bring world 4 to pure black world tendency and start at the adjudicator archstone, using a bow and killing that ghost summoner mage with a bow and the black skeleton in the hidden passage - running off the cliff and redoing it a couple of times.
    With the ring of avarice on your finger that should yield about 15k souls per run.
  • Dangerous_Dan 6 Feb 2013 09:26:17 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh, how was the Allant battle? Did you try warding or the poison cloud thing?
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2013 10:04:34 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan - good point. Forgotten about the coloUrless demon's souls.

Hm. Miralda's gate - does it open at pure black as well as pure white?

And would you recommend going offline, going pure black, doing all the stuff, and then go back online to get it white-ish, ready for ng+? I don't fancy the prospect of starting ng+ in pure black.

I'll look at the mephestepehoehslhlshelsehs quests too while I'm at it. Could murder a few people for a laugh.

4-2 run sounds a good idea too. As long as I can kill phalanx without dying :)

I'm afraid I still chickened out at Allant - by the time I got to him, I had an absolute shedload of souls so just went through the gate and continously fired arrows. Even easier (and quicker) than poison cloud :/

• Dangerous_Dan 6 Feb 2013 10:14:34 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For the colourless demon's soul at miralda's place you don't need pure black WT. Pure white will open the gate as well and you can proceed.

If you set a world like world 4 to pure black and you kill the primeval demon which spawns there then it will revert back to neutral, the wiki states.
    Killing a primeval yields a +3 effect to WT.

But now that I think of it, it's much easier. You can render a world pure black, do your thing and then go online to set the worlds back to the server standards which are usually somewhere between neutral and pure white.

Then after that reset play offline again in NG+ to work on making them pure white again.
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2013 10:18:59 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan - Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I'll need white to get the miralda gate open, and once it's open, I think it stays open (?) no matter what you do next?

I'll have a play about and see what happens

• quadfather 6 Feb 2013 10:20:38 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Handy. Forgot about that

• Dangerous_Dan 6 Feb 2013 10:34:14 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather
    I don't think it stays open, could be wrong though. But WT does not change upon death immediately. If you die and do not leave the level then the WT does not change, so the gate will still be open and WT will still be pure white after you die in human form until you head back to the nexus.
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2013 10:40:35 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    But if it stays open by staying in the level, how do I keep it open whilst I'm making the world black, to make the colourless thingy appear?

• Dangerous_Dan 6 Feb 2013 12:25:45 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The colourless thing is there on a wooden bar in the middle of the pit where miralda spawns - no matter what world tendency.

The WT must be pure black for the primeval demons to appear in 2-1, 4-2, 3-2,...
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2013 14:23:03 12,859 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, but what I'm saying is -

a) the door opens when you're white. And closes when you're black.
    b) The thing spawns when you're black. And doesn't if you're white

So how do you work it?

• Page

of 504 First / Last