Prison Break Season 4 (US Pace) Page 7

• Page

of 7 First / Last

Next
  • Vice.Destroyer 5 Feb 2010 09:12:41 5,885 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Season 4 is NOT bad. I'm sorry, but I love it. And not even in a "It's so bad, it's good" way. Yes, preposterous, ridiculous it may be. And everyone has a hidden agenda. But it entertains in a mindless way. I certainly had more fun with this than..., (actually, don't read the next part if you don't like season 3&4) Lost & The Sopranos
  • Flightrisker 5 Feb 2010 09:13:40 18,138 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jesus... ;)
  • Vice.Destroyer 5 Feb 2010 09:25:56 5,885 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I must admit, the transformation of Bellic from bully to baby was a little jarring, but I still felt sad when he got washed away.

"We are going to call his mother"
  • Vice.Destroyer 6 Feb 2010 11:46:01 5,885 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anybody that has seen this, I have a question for you. I know that the show in general makes no sense, but at least they try to make things follow a certain level of cohesion. What I don't understand is what happened in the episode where Lincoln finally meets his mother for the very first time.

During that conversation, she explains that she will get rid of the general in the next two days and to lay low. His colleagues then find that stash of weapons and laminated passes in that mosque/temple/place of worship and they decide that something big is happening in the next two days.

This is where I fall down. Why does Linc go back to talk this over with his mother? I mean, if the General is going to be overthrown, that is going to involve violence, isn't it? So he should have clocked on to that previously. But no, he goes back. And why does mummy then want him dead? She has already told him what she is going to do. And anyone with a hint of imagination would have been able to put two and two together and realise that there will be bloodshed.

Or is it all going to be explained in the next episode?
  • askew 6 Feb 2010 11:50:57 12,547 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't ask, don't think.

Just watch.
  • Vice.Destroyer 6 Feb 2010 12:09:37 5,885 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :)

Done. And you know what? It all makes a lot more sense now.
  • askew 6 Feb 2010 12:50:54 12,547 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :D
  • Vice.Destroyer 6 Feb 2010 13:44:36 5,885 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hey, askew. Do you remember this little scene? This is right after T-Bag has killed Vincent Sandinsky and the action shifts to that hotel where the conference is going on. Security has been stepped up and all entry points are manned by security guards with portable scanners, to read those laminated passes with what looks like 3D encryption.

Michael lurks around one of the entry points, notices that a security guard is not covering his post 100% and just..., runs in. The guard notices it and instead of chasing him, or calling him in or doing anything to ensure the safety of this building which has clearly been upgraded to one of the more secure buildings in the US, just shouts out after Michael "You need a pass".

Like, oh my god.
  • CosmicFuzz 6 Feb 2010 18:02:13 25,304 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Better than The Sopranos at least, right? ;)

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• northside 6 Feb 2010 19:40:41 637 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmm, I thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 seasons but abandoned PB early on in S3. A sneak peek at this thread makes me want to start watching again however. I don't care how daft it is as long as it entertains, and it surely can't be any dumber than 24 has become.
  • Vice.Destroyer 7 Feb 2010 07:06:33 5,885 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Low blow, CosmicFuzz. :)

• samk 14 Apr 2010 12:51:28 703 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just started to watched series 4 on DVD. Apologies for not having read prior pages - don't want to casually glance over stuff people haven't put in spoilers.

Bloody hell what's going on with Wentworth's paunch? I hope that's for a story reason further on in the series, and not that the guy has let himself go.

I know Prison Break has always been a bit daft, but they're forming the A-Team? And this crack team to take down 'The Company' includes Bellick, perhaps the most incompetent mummy's boy in TV history? WTF.
  • Darren 14 Apr 2010 16:17:50 9,028 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was all good silly fun IMO but the series was at its absolute best in season 1. The remaining seasons failed to come anywhere close to that quality but I still enjoyed it except when it started to drag its heels towards the end of the final season. The ending was also sad too and not what I expected at all.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• andywilkie35 14 Apr 2010 16:23:19 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Agreed with Season 1 being the best, I still think Season 2 was mostly excellent throughout. Season 3 was the real low point for me, and Season 4 was pretty poor but I thought it got good towards the end really and the ending was excellent.

And yeah samk there are a few of us on previous pages commenting on Wentworth Miller becoming a chubster!

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• samk 17 Apr 2010 20:18:29 703 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished watching Season 4. Glad to see it come to an end tbh. It was all getting silly towards the end. Every 10 minutes someone else was getting kidnapped, double-crossing someone or Scylla was changing hands. They just went completely OTT with the action and plots twists.

Quite sad and unsatisfying that Michael died in the end, but I don't know how else they could have ended it. Everyone sailing off happily into the sunset would have been lame.

Anyway...imo... 1 > 2 >>>>>>>> 4 > 3
  • yupyup 17 Apr 2010 20:36:21 3,682 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Did you watch the final break samk? You mightn't be done yet ;)

Hands Off Our Penises

• northside 17 Apr 2010 20:57:52 637 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    S4 is ridiculous but i'm loving it at about 15 episodes in, and am glad I picked it up again after losing interest at the end of S2 / start of S3. I'm surprised it got so much flak.

Season 3 was pretty bad though, what was the point of that Whistler guy? They could have just have easily skipped the whole thing and gone straight from S2 to 4. The only good thing to come out of it was Gretchen, who is my second favourite character behind Mahone.

For me so far its, 1 >>> 4 > 2 >>>>> 3.

• samk 25 Apr 2010 10:22:39 703 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    yupyup wrote:
    Did you watch the final break samk?

I watched it yesterday. Really disappointing. I didn't think it worked at all. There was no time to properly introduce any new characters and give them sufficient screen time, so it was just by-the-numbers with the old gang in yet another prison break.

I'd liken it to game DLC - just something slapped together with cutting-floor ideas that weren't originally used.

On Wentworth being a bit chubby, here's a quote from his imdb page: "I made a decision not to work out because I'm lazy and also, the character is not a superhero. I didn't want him to be a buff guy with Jackie Chan moves because the point is he's smarter than your average Joe". Fair enough, can't argue with that on both points really.
  • Shikasama 28 Jan 2013 16:13:01 7,077 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why is John Abruzzi shouting at me from the EG front page?
  • CharlieStCloud 28 Jan 2013 18:04:59 5,355 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    God, I really disliked this series by the time it FINALLY finished ...

... I know the first season was a remarkably high point, but blooming heck, if the next three seasons are going to be woefully poor in comparison, why bother?

My only TV programme I wish I had never watched; so many hours wasted.

: (
  • Ziz0u 22 Aug 2013 10:21:04 8,558 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/21/wentworth-miller-gay-russia-prison-break/

Anyone surprised?
  • oceanmotion 22 Aug 2013 11:13:02 16,082 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thought everyone knew that for years.

I was surprised to read he wrote Stoker though.
  • IJ 22 Aug 2013 11:45:10 843 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I haven't seen any of this. I seemed to have got the impression season 1 and 2 are good and the rest is nonsense, is that correct? Are the first two worth watching?
  • Humperfunk 22 Aug 2013 11:47:56 2,370 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think the first two seasons are excellent - can give the other two a miss though, especially the third!

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Whizzo 22 Aug 2013 11:48:46 43,268 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd just watch the first season and leave it at that, let your own imagination come up with what happens next because it's all downhill after the escape and it accelerates into terribleness as time progresses.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 22 August 2013 11:53:04
    Yup. s1 is the only one worth watching. s2 got boring very quickly, s3 they tried to recreate some of the magic of 1 and failed and s4, despite actually starting promisingly soon became abysmal as the writers frantically attempted to keep the story going til the end. They failed.

Mind you, s2 is worth watching for Fitchner's Mahone.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 11:53:51 22-08-2013
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Next