Aion Online The Tower of Eternity Page 8

• Page

of 10 First / Last

• Scimarad 30 Sep 2009 19:41:20 8,554 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'll happily join your Telemachus Elyos legion if you set one up. I've got a Scout and a Spirit Master at the moment but I do have a tendency to keep making new characters.
  • ZuluHero 30 Sep 2009 19:48:35 4,175 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    there is quite a few of us on Spatalos as detailed in the Aion forum group:

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=160874&start=0

We already have a legion as detailed in that thread. And I'm just about to hit level 21 :)
  • Serraphin 2 Oct 2009 11:19:48 249 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    in the TSYND asmodae Legion on Telemachus, look forward to kicking some of your guys asses in the abyss! :p

Hit lvl 18.5 last night blasting through black claw village, first elite mob hang out, was fun smacking stuff around in a 5 man group, picked up some nice items. Oh yeah, same char name here as on Aion...

• Bravestinsane 2 Oct 2009 17:37:20 47 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    level 21 i think, not played it in 3 or 4 days been really ill havn't been able to sit at a computer.

Still like it but flying is a little dissapointment, would be nice if you could fly everywhere and not limit it to gliding in specific areas makes travel time a lot longer and more boring.
  • Hypercube 2 Oct 2009 18:24:34 976 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been unable to play due to real life commitments and annoyingly long queues - except for lunchtimes, when I've been levelling my armoursmithing! Go plate greaves!

So I'm still a young, naive lvl 13 Templar.
  • Deleted user 6 October 2009 13:13:41
    Q times aside, if you like wow will you like this?
  • Benno 6 Oct 2009 13:17:14 9,933 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah its pretty good actually
  • Deleted user 8 October 2009 12:13:17
    Cheers. Would a quad core, 8800gt with 4gb of ram be enough to run the game reasonably?
  • Deleted user 9 October 2009 04:10:47
    Would be enough to run it at high settings I think.
  • Scimarad 9 Oct 2009 07:51:13 8,554 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've still been playing this but I just can't get to my Spatalos characters. The one I created on Kahrun is the only one that I don't have to queue for.
  • Hypercube 9 Oct 2009 09:34:33 976 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    I've still been playing this but I just can't get to my Spatalos characters. The one I created on Kahrun is the only one that I don't have to queue for.

I managed to get on to Spatalos for several hours on Wednesday evening, and had a blast.

One thing though - I seem to be having far fewer decent items drop on my Templar than on the alt I created on Kahrun for kicks! If only I could post items cross server ;)
  • ZuluHero 9 Oct 2009 09:43:29 4,175 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bravestinsane wrote:
    level 21 i think, not played it in 3 or 4 days been really ill havn't been able to sit at a computer.

Still like it but flying is a little dissapointment, would be nice if you could fly everywhere and not limit it to gliding in specific areas makes travel time a lot longer and more boring.

You can glide for ages in no-fly zones if you know the technique though. And once you get the hang of it, it never gets boring :)

I like trying to see just how far i can push it using dips in the terrain to let me get a few more feet...

And I love the way flying actually feels like..well.. u'know... flying, unlike other mmos where its just feels like swimming in the air.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2009 13:50:40
    Really rather impressed with this so far. Graphically it's quite a treat.

I tried WAR and LOTRO but both left me cold. Aion is ticking all the right boxes for someone like me who loves WoW.

I just adore the pathfinding system. The game absolutely stinks of quality.

Mind you, it could all change, I'm only level 4 :D
  • Serraphin 9 Oct 2009 14:22:14 249 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Almost level 22 should really be 24-25 if I hadn't been sucked into the crafting side of the game... as a cleric I picked up armorsmithing as the craftable sets are actually worthwhile. Items range from white (standard)-> green (uncommon)-> blue (great) -> gold (epic)

Blue items can usually last you for 5 levels, and the blue sets can be created for level 23 and then every 5 levels after that.

In my case there's a green design which will have a 1 in 5 chance of creating a blue item (without the loss of mats). However, if your skill isn't high enough there is also a chance of losing everything! :S on a shoestring budget this means that each craft, in the hope of a 'proc', actually becomes quite a tense experience.

Thankfully you gain xp from crafting too :p
  • shamblemonkee 9 Oct 2009 14:26:18 14,437 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How are the queues at the moment? rough avg times?
  • Serraphin 9 Oct 2009 14:30:57 249 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Been logging on post work at around 6pm and queues have come down from 1hr 30 last week to within 9 minutes yesterday (Telemachus)
  • Hypercube 9 Oct 2009 15:26:43 976 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    On Spatalos, where my main is, I'm logging in at about 6:30pm and seeing queues of approximately 2 hours each night. Which is a bugger.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2009 19:45:26
    Can someone explain to me how aggro works in this? Monsters seem to ignore me apart from a couple which gave chase.
  • ZuluHero 10 Oct 2009 20:21:37 4,175 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chinster wrote:
    Can someone explain to me how aggro works in this? Monsters seem to ignore me apart from a couple which gave chase.

well ones that say "aggressive" in the info boxes and have red names are likely to give chase. The yellow ones will leave you alone. In the first zone you don't get aggressive mobs until you get to the mine or mushroom forest (elyos side) and even later on there are still lots of places with non-aggressive monsters.
  • Deleted user 11 October 2009 19:10:30
    Ok, shall be on later. Currently at the mines but only lvl 7 so struggling a wee bit.
  • Deleted user 11 October 2009 19:13:36
    Played this for a little bit last night after picking it up on Friday, started on Spatulous as a priest.

Quite an enjoyable game from the little bit i played. Looks great and plays very well. Couldn't get on again just now because of the 45 minute login queue. Might wait for it to calm down a bit before i really get stuck in even though that'll burn through my free month but i guess it'll give me an indication as to whether the game will be a success post-launch (i been burned by pretty much every MMO except WoW, EVE and LOTRO basically failing about 3 months after launch).

All in all very nice but it's back to WoW for me for a little while at least for no other reason than the server queues.
  • Fatiguez 11 Oct 2009 19:18:10 8,744 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Any free, streaming trial for this, like with WoW?
  • Deleted user 11 October 2009 19:18:50
    Bad Fati, bad!
  • Fatiguez 11 Oct 2009 19:20:17 8,744 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pff, nothing wrong with having two MMOs on the go. I'd just be halving my WoW time anyway, since that's already what I do all the time
  • M83J01P97 11 Oct 2009 19:25:30 6,664 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The free trial was essentially the week and a half open beta before the game launched.

NCSoft don't do very many free trails for their games now a days it seems.
  • Deleted user 11 October 2009 19:30:33
    Games too new for a free trial. If you like WoW you'll probably like this. I think it's because they kept the classes fairly basic and archetypal. That's the problem with a lot of other MMOs, they try to get fancy with the classes and it just waters down the gameplay.
  • Fatiguez 11 Oct 2009 19:31:03 8,744 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Do I still get to heal stuff
  • Deleted user 11 October 2009 19:32:42
    Everywhere I looked for this it was 40 but then gamestop surprised me by having it for 30.

As for free trials, not for a while probably until server q's go away. Imagine the outrage if folk on a free trial were causing even more q's than there currenly are! :D
  • M83J01P97 11 Oct 2009 19:33:02 6,664 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, but healers also can fight back as well. They can even wear mail.
  • Page

of 10 First / Last