iPhone/iPod Touch App and Game Review Thread Page 5

• Page

of 366 First / Last

• lovely2cu 26 Oct 2008 17:29:38 1,194 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Griffin Tech are offering iTalk free for a limited time, it's a voice recording app. For the price ie. nowt it's good value for money I reckon, does the job you'd expect, press record, talk, stop, playback, simple.
  • Deleted user 26 October 2008 17:43:22
    MrED209 wrote:
    What it really needs is a call-recording app, but I expect that pisses all over Apple's privacy rules for the App Store.
    Quoted to make up for being at the bottom of the last page.

Oh, and BeatMaker, it's good.
  • Deleted user 27 October 2008 10:11:01
    What's Squeezebox Sonus?
  • Deleted user 27 October 2008 10:24:48
    Google Earth just got released.

How do you find the html link to an App Store product? The ones that start 'phobos' and open iTunes?
  • Deleted user 27 October 2008 10:25:20
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Duet sorry, too many beers again.
    What's Squeezebox Duet?

What's Squeezebox?

/Googles

Wow that's a lot of products. Someone simplfy for me?

/lazy
  • HankScorpio 27 Oct 2008 10:29:44 869 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I bought TV Plus this weekend, first app I've paid for, and very happy with it - it gives you a nice iphone interface for Sky+ remote record, and once you go through the faff of setting up RR with Sky, TV+ is a godsend.

My only request would be to integrate the tv picks as in the online guide.
  • HoriZon 27 Oct 2008 10:54:09 13,565 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Google Earth its free!

With just a swipe of your finger you can fly from Peoria to Paris to Papua New Guinea, or anywhere in between. It may be small, but it brings all the power of Google Earth to the palm of your hand, including all of the same global imagery and 3D terrain. You can even browse any of our 8 million Panoramio photos or read Wikipedia articles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6BPuKaLel4

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Deleted user 27 October 2008 10:55:01
    MrED209 wrote:
    Google Earth just got released.
    Ahem.

;)
  • Deleted user 27 October 2008 10:56:03
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Squeezebox is a network music player, you install it on your Mac/PC/NAS/Linux box and it streams music from that machine. It's compatible with almost every audio format known to man, has lots of plugins for stuff like last.fm, pandora, internet radio streaming and a lovely web interface. It's basically the bollocks, has awesome little DACS in it so it sounds awesome, highly recommended.

I have the Squeezebox 3, that doesn't have the flashy remote, but my iPhone does that now.

Squeezebox 3 / Classic - Standard model with LCD screen on the unit.
    Transporter - Audiophile super duper verion.
    Squeezebox DuetBasically a Classic sans LCD screen, but with a colour remote to control it from

You can have multiple squeezes, around the house all feeding from the same libarary, they'll even play in sync if you want, which is great for parties :)
    Out of interest, what's the difference between that and just buying an Airport Express and connecting it to speakers in different rooms and controlling with Remote?
  • HoriZon 27 Oct 2008 10:56:06 13,565 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    oh :)

So want this game:
    http://rolando.ngmoco.com/

Come out get it out!

• HoriZon 27 Oct 2008 10:57:42 13,565 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Google Earth has just been released.

Has it, where?

• HoriZon 27 Oct 2008 11:00:37 13,565 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have got a few apps for my touch but so far out of them all i like Tetris the most tis great :) also got Tris whiles it was up thats ok but not near as good as the original.

Got Spore but not played it yet, Moneky Ball is to sensitive, Pac-man well cos its Pac-man and i've had it on every phone i have had for the last 4 years :)

Trism is well worth 2 to!

• Deleted user 27 October 2008 11:02:36
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Squeezebox is a network music player, you install it on your Mac/PC/NAS/Linux box and it streams music from that machine. It's compatible with almost every audio format known to man, has lots of plugins for stuff like last.fm, pandora, internet radio streaming and a lovely web interface. It's basically the bollocks, has awesome little DACS in it so it sounds awesome, highly recommended.

I have the Squeezebox 3, that doesn't have the flashy remote, but my iPhone does that now.

Squeezebox 3 / Classic - Standard model with LCD screen on the unit.
    Transporter - Audiophile super duper verion.
    Squeezebox DuetBasically a Classic sans LCD screen, but with a colour remote to control it from

You can have multiple squeezes, around the house all feeding from the same libarary, they'll even play in sync if you want, which is great for parties :)
    Out of interest, what's the difference between that and just buying an Airport Express and connecting it to speakers in different rooms and controlling with Remote?
    It has it's own screen for a start, you can make playlists on it which'll save to itunes, has a much bigger network buffer, can be used as a wireless bridge, can be controlled from the web/network, loads of stuff.
    Confused. There's so many products on their website.

So, I buy one of their boxes, set it up in, say, the bedroom, then it does what? Connects to iTunes and plays the music from it, plus all the other stuff you mention there?

Thing is with an iPhone running Remote (for free) and a 60 Airport Express plugged into my speakers I've got the same thing pretty much, for considerably less. I'm all for gadgets but still don't really see what it offers that the existing set up doesn't (apart from the fact that my Airport Express now refuses to stay connected to iTunes even though it says it is).
  • Deleted user 27 October 2008 11:03:39
    Google Earth is out by the way! Free, from the App Store. It does stuff, and stuff.
  • Deleted user 27 October 2008 11:16:31
    Yeah, iTunes does need to be running to allow Remote to contact it and start music playing over the network (or on the computer, whichever). Does it not need to be running to use a Squeezebox?

Doesn't have Pandora or Last but if I really wanted Last I could plug the speakers into my bedroom iPhone dock and run Last on my iPhone.

Wouldn't want games on a screen on a speaker system next to my bed, or indeed anywhere. Do you play them much?

IR Blaster - what's that? Does it learn all the functions of my TV remote? ALL of them?

Not sure what you mean by a wireless bridge for non-wireless stuff. How does that work? My 360 is connected to my router by a discrete ethernet cable. Don't you need to buy a wireless adaptor to make any wireless stuff work on the 360?

I have no idea what high quality DACs on the analog stage means ;)

Not trying to shoot this down, just asking pertinent Qs coz I love researching new gadgets :)
  • Deleted user 27 October 2008 11:17:08
    HoriZon wrote:
    I have got a few apps for my touch but so far out of them all i like Tetris the most tis great :) also got Tris whiles it was up thats ok but not near as good as the original.

Got Spore but not played it yet, Moneky Ball is to sensitive, Pac-man well cos its Pac-man and i've had it on every phone i have had for the last 4 years :)

Trism is well worth 2 to!
    Monkey Ball got updated to radically alter the sensitivity - I thought it was much better last time I played it.
  • nickthegun 27 Oct 2008 11:26:21 60,508 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:

Do you need itunes open to get the airport thingy working?

Yeah. You can only play music through an Airport Express with iTunes. You cant even watch a video in iTunes and have the soundtrack piped.

Its incredibly restrictive.

EDIT: Except if you pay for Airfoil.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• SirScratchalot 27 Oct 2008 12:09:50 7,876 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Google Earth is out!
    And fantastic as ever!
  • Deleted user 27 October 2008 13:07:10
    SirScratchalot wrote:
    Google Earth is out!
    And fantastic as ever!
    No shit really?
  • Deleted user 27 October 2008 13:15:35
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:

Not sure what you mean by a wireless bridge for non-wireless stuff. How does that work? My 360 is connected to my router by a discrete ethernet cable. Don't you need to buy a wireless adaptor to make any wireless stuff work on the 360?Basically, you plug the 360 via ethernet and it acts as a wireless adaptor
    I still don't get it - you have to plug the 360 in via ethernet? So what's wireless about it?
  • Dr-Strangelove 27 Oct 2008 14:29:40 2,132 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Here's mine
    Is that a speaker in front of a TV?!?
  • striker 28 Oct 2008 01:05:20 2,603 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:

Not sure what you mean by a wireless bridge for non-wireless stuff. How does that work? My 360 is connected to my router by a discrete ethernet cable. Don't you need to buy a wireless adaptor to make any wireless stuff work on the 360?Basically, you plug the 360 via ethernet and it acts as a wireless adaptor
    I still don't get it - you have to plug the 360 in via ethernet? So what's wireless about it?
    A Wireless network adapter has a wifi antenna that connects wirelessly to the router and an ethernet port that you connect to something that is non-wireless, thus connecting it wirelessly to the router.
  • Deleted user 28 October 2008 01:07:23
    So you put the Squeezebox near the 360, connect the two with an ethernet cable and the 360 can go online wirelessly?

Sorry, this is quite a hijack of the original thread.
  • rutter 28 Oct 2008 09:51:26 1,919 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If anyones interested, for jailbroken phones, on Cydia, iSpazio are hosting a load of SMSskins. Including, a couple of really nice Mario skins.
    Just installed one myself, and it really brightens up your SMS conversation page.

edit: you'll obviously need winterboard to apply the skin
  • lost_soul 28 Oct 2008 21:06:54 9,369 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    SirScratchalot wrote:
    Google Earth is out!
    And fantastic as ever!
    No shit really?
    Yep, works very well too.
  • deem 28 Oct 2008 21:51:49 31,641 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Google Earth has just hit the App store.

Downloading now.
  • paul_haine 28 Oct 2008 23:05:18 4,205 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hey guys! Google Earth is available! Did you hear?
  • Deleted user 28 October 2008 23:06:45
    Just got me Google Earth, it's shit.

It's out now by the way. F1RST!
  • Anthony_UK 28 Oct 2008 23:26:11 2,511 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A version of that XNA game Jelly Car is up for free download....
  • JDub 29 Oct 2008 17:53:38 1,290 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Did you see Goog.l..e...E.....a..........r.....

/gets lynched
  • Page

of 366 First / Last