iPhone/iPod Touch App and Game Review Thread Page 366

• Page

of 366 First / Last

Next
  • CharlieStCloud 31 May 2014 23:22:10 5,284 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @THFourteen

Loved the original Battlehearts game, so much so I played it through twice!

... the new one has a more open world feel to it and obviously has characters and a little bit of lore/story to keep you interested however, I find it quite a fair bit harder than the original and is surprisingly easy to die. I feel like this could be more grindy in terms of levelling up, especially in the later stages.

Not bad at all. Just need to come back to it once Mario Kart 8 stops distracting me.
  • jonsaan 12 Jun 2014 19:13:06 25,360 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    99 Bricks Wizard Academy is fantastic.

It's so polished and full of character it could be a Nintendo game.

Think Tetris with physics and lots of odd gameplay elements that constantly surprise you.

No feckingg IN APP purchases at all and worth every penny at 2 quid.

FCUTA!

• Birdorf 13 Jun 2014 17:13:44 176 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nearly bought it, but I've got far too many games to play so ended up just sticking it on my wish list.

It's just gone down to 69p so will give it a whirl later.
  • Birdorf 13 Jun 2014 17:20:33 176 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Seems it's actually 99p. The extra 30p actually made me think twice, but it will be bought.
  • yegon 24 Jun 2014 10:06:49 5,332 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    99 Bricks Wizard Academy is fantastic.

It's so polished and full of character it could be a Nintendo game.

Think Tetris with physics and lots of odd gameplay elements that constantly surprise you.

No feckingg IN APP purchases at all and worth every penny at 2 quid.
    Bought this soon after reading this a couple of weeks ago. Been playing it compulsively last few days, great game, agree on all points.
  • Widge Moderator 9 Jul 2014 14:20:47 13,698 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Kairosoft one where you have to run a farm. Like this one. On a third play through and it is rare that I do that on a single map Kairosoft game.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 10 Jul 2014 16:53:21 13,698 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Minecraft PE has had a huge update. Biomes, mobs, infinite land, loads of new things!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• THFourteen 6 Aug 2014 08:16:39 33,834 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Free episode 1 of walking dead season 2

http://uk.ign.com/prime/promo/walkingdead-2-free
  • CharlieStCloud 6 Aug 2014 09:00:21 5,284 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Walking Dead games on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 are a sputtery mess at times, the iPad version even more so to the point it is nigh on unplayable sometimes, even on my iPad Air.

... has anyone on here checked out 80 Days yet? I do like the look of it however, I have Broken Age and a few other pick-up-and-play games to plough through at the mo-mo.
  • THFourteen 6 Aug 2014 09:09:30 33,834 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I played through the entire first season on my ipad mini retina without a single crash?
  • CharlieStCloud 6 Aug 2014 09:32:04 5,284 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @THFourteen

You didn't get any of that horrible juddering or the terrifically poor slowdown in places?

... it is not so much in terms of the game crashing, just the general performance. It is okay in some places, woeful in others.
  • Murbal 21 Aug 2014 18:42:26 22,375 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    pako!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pako-car-chase-simulator/id903183877?mt=8

Great stuff. Crazy car chase game where you only need worry about steering left or right. Launch sale at the mo.
  • jonsaan 27 Aug 2014 07:09:36 25,360 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have Pako. It's cool, if a little threadbare.

Double Dragon trilogy is on sale today for 69p.

It's a really great conversion with tons of options, resolution stretch etc. fabulous if you are a fan!

FCUTA!

• TarickStonefire 27 Aug 2014 07:17:35 3,240 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Motorsport Manager has devoured my last couple of days. Bit light on strategy and depth, but addictive all the same.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• IJ 1 Sep 2014 20:10:06 841 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A few decent games are 69p in some big sale on the App Store at the moment. Rayman feista run is well worth it. Lego LOTR is a lot of game for 69p.
  • THFourteen 1 Sep 2014 20:54:51 33,834 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ooh ice wind dale enhanced edition on its way apparently.
  • IJ 3 Sep 2014 08:49:05 841 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Motorsport Manager has devoured my last couple of days. Bit light on strategy and depth, but addictive all the same.
    Love F1 so got this. It looks lovely and initially seems like it's going to be fantastic. But after two seasons I've dropped it. There just doesn't seem to be much player agency. You slowly build facilities and hire better staff, but there doesn't seem to be many options or decisions to make. Then the races quickly get pretty boring and again, there doesn't seem to be much you can do to affect the race. You can change strategy etc but ultimately 80% of your result will be base car speed which is determined pre-race in the very dull development part of the game.

A big disappointment in the end.
  • Birdorf 3 Sep 2014 09:00:48 176 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Was thinking about getting it since it's dropped to a couple of quid, I won't bother now.

868-Hack has had an anniversary price drop to 2 quid. Really, really, really enjoying it. Really. Poor review, I know, but I'm rubbish with words.
  • Murbal 3 Sep 2014 09:22:39 22,375 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll second the 868-Hack recommendation Birdorf :-)

I'll also use the term 'techno-roguelike'.
  • THFourteen 24 Sep 2014 08:12:44 33,834 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I recommend Launcher

It let's you launch apps from the notification drop down which is ace.
  • Great-Googly-Moogly 1 Oct 2014 14:07:13 958 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Got myself a mini retina :)

Got the whole wide world at my fingertips and I can't think of anything to download, ha! Shall browse this thread and see if I can get inspired.

I won't lie I have searched for a Star Trek encyclopaedia already.

PSN: Cloudsheaven
    NNID: Notnits_85
    www.joelstinton.wordpress.com

• TarickStonefire 1 Oct 2014 17:32:45 3,240 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    IJ wrote:
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Love F1 so got this. It looks lovely and initially seems like it's going to be fantastic. But after two seasons I've dropped it. There just doesn't seem to be much player agency. You slowly build facilities and hire better staff, but there doesn't seem to be many options or decisions to make. Then the races quickly get pretty boring and again, there doesn't seem to be much you can do to affect the race. You can change strategy etc but ultimately 80% of your result will be base car speed which is determined pre-race in the very dull development part of the game.

A big disappointment in the end.
    Yep, all this. Realised this after two full seasons myself.

• TarickStonefire 1 Oct 2014 17:34:21 3,240 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I recommend Launcher

It let's you launch apps from the notification drop down which is ace.
    Apple just kicked it off the App Store for violating their request to not use Notification Center like that. Plenty blogposts going up about it, lots of outrage. Does seem to be something in the SDK about not using NC like that but tempers flaring none the less.

I like Launch Center Pro. Need to unlock your phone to get to it, but it's the only icon in my dock :)

• CharlieStCloud 2 Oct 2014 19:35:03 5,284 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Goat Simulator is brilliant!

I have even posted my very own review for the game, which is in the top ten 'most helpful'.

: )

Only trouble at the mo-mo is that if you attempt to play the Flappy Goat mini-game inside the Coffee Stain Studios house, the App itself will crash, every single time.
  • Page

of 366 First / Last

Next