RuneScape HD is out!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • DingoScream 1 Jul 2008 17:55:50 91 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, you love it really ;-p

Anyway Jagex have gone and launched the update before E3 and frankly (imo) it rocks.
    Very hard.

Like 'The Clash' levels of hard rockin!

You too can see the rockin on the fancy arse vid they put up on youtube (I think, though I'm not certain as they've never admitted that account is theirs but it sure acts like it is)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFIgCIjKGMs

And if you play jump into a world and look for BBroxs!
  • Deleted user 1 July 2008 17:58:09
    So now it looks like a game from 2003 instead of 1998.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 1 Jul 2008 17:59:41 37,677 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's being generous.

Do the characters still walk around as if they're going "ey! ey! ey! calm down" like a bunch of scousers?

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Whizzo 1 Jul 2008 17:59:49 43,061 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Those are high detail textures?

Er...

This space left intentionally blank.

• haowan 1 Jul 2008 18:42:14 7,384 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    listen to these whiners go on eh?
  • WrongShui 1 Jul 2008 18:54:41 6,609 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They can tart it up as much as they want.

It will never be as good as the simply sublime Kingdom of Loathing.
  • DingoScream 1 Jul 2008 21:33:58 91 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ladies and gentlemen,

Exhibit A: Its programmed in Java and runs in a browser, you find me any other game (Flash, Java etc) that looks as good while running completely from your Firefox

Exhibit B: Costs £5 a month, I pay more on light-bulbs than that

Exhibit C: 1 million people play it, can't be all bad
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 1 Jul 2008 21:50:10 37,677 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wait, wasn't this free?

Eegads!

• MrTomFTW Moderator 1 Jul 2008 21:52:09 37,677 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DingoScream wrote:
    Exhibit A: Its programmed in Java and runs in a browser, you find me any other game (Flash, Java etc) that looks as good while running completely from your Firefox
    Done

Phosphor

• Deleted user 1 July 2008 21:54:22
    DingoScream wrote:

Someone smearing excrement on a canvas made of recycled pigeons might create a summer landscape that looks photorealistic. That doesn't stop it actually being shit-covered dead birds.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 12 Aug 2012 18:53:47 37,677 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmmmm, looks like this is the best Runescape thread to use...

Teenager holds BB gun to classmate's head and robs him of 4.7billion Runescape coins

He turned to real-life crime to feed his virtual addiction.
    A video-game addict forced a fellow geek to fork over 4.7 billion “magic” coins by pulling a realistic-looking gun during a robbery in a Fordham University classroom, The Post has learned.
    The coins, used to buy items in the swords-and-sorcery video game “RuneScape,” are so treasured by players that they are regularly swapped online for real cash.
    Suspect Humza Bajwa, 19, of Massachusetts, pretended he was seeking to buy game currency and arranged a deal with fellow player Jonathan Dokler to purchase the nearly 5 billion coins for $3,300 in real money, according to a criminal complaint.

JOYSTICKUP: Humza Bajwa (above) allegedly robbed a Fordham student of 4.7 billion “magic” coins to be used in the video game “RuneScape.”
    Instead of transferring the money online, Bajwa allegedly wanted a face-to-face meeting — and Dokler sent his Fordham pal David Emani to collect the cash.
    Emani told The Post that he met Bajwa in the school library on July 11 — and had a feeling something was wrong.
    “He was transferring money from one envelope to another envelope, and I got a glimpse of it and it looked fake,” Emani said. “I was on the phone with John, and I said, ‘Don’t do it. It looks fake.’ ”
    But Dokler wanted to continue with the transaction, even after Bajwa suddenly said he had to leave and asked to meet again the next night.
    Emani said he came prepared for the second meeting, in a classroom, with a real $100 bill to compare with Bajwa’s money. “I took it out and said, ‘The money you have is fake,’ ” said Emani. That’s when Bajwa went from white knight to fire-breathing dragon — pointing a realistic-looking BB gun at Emani, the complaint says.
    “I whispered, ‘Take it easy, man. No need for that gun,’ ” Emani said. “I couldn’t believe I was about to get shot over RuneScape! I was so scared I was about to die.”
    Bajwa allegedly ordered him to call Dokler and say the transaction was complete and get him to electronically transfer the 4.7 billion RuneScape coins.
    “I was like, ‘Holy crap!’ I was so afraid,” Emani said. The student said his voice was cracking as he delivered the message.
    “I kept saying, ‘Hurry up, let’s go, man,’ to John. This guy was holding a gun against my head. I wanted to be finished!”
    Dokler transferred the coins, and Bajwa left. He didn’t rob Emani of any of his real-world items — including his $100 bill.
    Emani, who doesn’t even play the video game, was unhurt.
    After checking surveillance video and talking to the victims, cops busted Bajwa, a resident of Acton, Mass., on July 24.
    He was hit with charges including second-degree robbery and grand larceny and posted $20,000 bail. If convicted, he faces 15 years in jail.
    The company behind RuneScape, Jagex Games, prohibits the sale of RuneScape gold or items for real money and may ban any player that engages in “real-world” trading.
    Dokler said he not longer plays the game but still tries to earn money for schoolbooks by buying RuneScape coins online and reselling them for a profit.
    He said that in the rough and tumble world of RuneScape, such a brazen crime didn’t shock him.
    “I’m not terribly surprised because the coins are pretty much as good as cash,” he said.
    That last sentence is a killer :)

• Page

of 1

Previous Next