Xbox Live Account suspended!

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • t-bizzle 10 May 2008 16:45:53 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I turned on my 360 today, to find the following message:

"You have been suspended from Xbox LIVE. You will not be able to sign in to Xbox LIVE until 10/05/2008".

WHAT THE HELL?!

I don't have a modded 360, I don't cheat, and I've not had a gold membership for easily six months so I can't have been causing trouble online.

Why on earth would this happen? I'm completely and utterly stumped.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2008 16:49:57
    Offensive Gamertag in some way ?
  • WrongShui 10 May 2008 16:52:34 6,574 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's all your flippant off the cuff ant-semitic comments....
  • t-bizzle 10 May 2008 16:52:41 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My gamertag is Turkbizzle, so it's not offensive.

There's no offensive content in my profile, I've barely even been on Live over the last few months. I've not played online for something like 140 days I think it said.

I've literally got no idea why on earth this has happened.

And does the Xbox system do dates the American way, i.e. does 10/05 mean the 10th of May or the 5th of October?
  • t-bizzle 10 May 2008 16:54:46 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is stressing me out immensely, I've done nothing wrong!
  • Psychotext 10 May 2008 16:58:55 52,801 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just call them and ask what's going on.
  • t-bizzle 10 May 2008 17:01:06 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks for that, smart arse, I'm fully aware that I can phone them and ask, unfortunately not until Monday. :p

I figured that perhaps someone here could shed some light on the situation.

I'm innocent, I tells ya!
  • Psychotext 10 May 2008 17:04:14 52,801 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    t-bizzle wrote:
    Thanks for that, smart arse, I'm fully aware that I can phone them and ask, unfortunately not until Monday. :p
    Something wrong with your phone this weekend? They're open right now:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/contact/
  • DaM 10 May 2008 17:37:04 12,611 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bizzle sounds like jizz-le to me

/is offended
  • t-bizzle 10 May 2008 17:37:32 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sweet jesus christ, those guys are fucking useless.

The woman I spoke to (who had a basic grasp of the English language at best) didn't have a clue what I was on about.

She spoke to her supervisor, then came back to me with some nonsense about it "maybe being a subscription problem". I informed her politely that I'm currently not subscribed.

I then spoke directly to the supervisor who seemed equally clueless, who said something in broken english about me "using my computer to log in to Live" or something.

I read out exactly what was on screen, they put me on hold. They then came back and said "so, to confirm, the error message on your screen says you have been banned until Dec 31st 9999".

NO. I'm aware that accounts on modded xboxes are banned until that date.

They couldn't help me, so I politely (and sarcastically) said thanks for the help and put the phone down. I hate those fucking callcenters.

I'm still none the wiser.
  • skateblizz 10 May 2008 17:39:39 2 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    why are u so pissed off if you never even go online anyway.
    whats the prob? lol
  • t-bizzle 10 May 2008 17:43:44 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've not been online due to trying to finish my degree.

The final deadline for it is next Friday, and after than I was planning on getting the hell back online for weeks of multiplayer awesomeness.

So yes, that's why I'm so annoyed. "lol".
  • t-bizzle 10 May 2008 17:44:56 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also, 19,000 gamerpoints mean I'm not prepared to start a new account unless I absolutely have to.

Yes, I'm an achievement whore.

/cries
  • Metalfish 10 May 2008 17:45:21 8,693 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You may have been hacked.
  • Lexx87 10 May 2008 17:45:25 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago

t-bizzle wrote:
    I've not been online due to trying to finish my degree.

The final deadline for it is next Friday, and after than I was planning on getting the hell back online for weeks of multiplayer awesomeness.

So yes, that's why I'm so annoyed. "lol".

The normal people are totally useless, the supervisors i've spoken to are all very good in my experience. Try again and hopefully you'll get a different supervisor!

Speak the truth hussy!

• t-bizzle 10 May 2008 17:47:17 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I could tell they were reading from a checklist of potential problems, and none of them were even remotely right.

I was playing yesterday, and today I'm banned. It makes absolutely no sense at all.
  • t-bizzle 10 May 2008 17:48:19 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hacked?!

Jesus.

Does it happen a lot? I don't even know the password of the email address I used to sign up, it's from so long ago.

I'm getting worried now.
  • Metalfish 10 May 2008 17:56:58 8,693 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You first port of call (after calling up a couple more times and, importantly, refusing to put the phone down) should be the offical xbox live forums, someone, somewhere will have had this happen to them. You'll also need to think of a convincing way to show you are "on the level".
  • t-bizzle 10 May 2008 17:59:50 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, sounds like a good idea. I'll get on there and see if anyone can shed some light on the situation.

I've emailed the support people, although I'm well aware that this is probably a futile excercise. I'm going to call up again later too.

This is SO frustrating. I've got friends with modded consoles who aren't banned, and have never been suspended or anything. I'm as legitimate as I could possibly be (I worked for Gamestation for three years until recently, so I've never had a need to copy games etc).

Grrr.
  • t-bizzle 10 May 2008 18:28:39 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I phoned again, and now I'm mad.

The email address I used to activate my Xbox Live account is an old one, and I don't remember the password.

The first person I spoke to didn't ask for my password, and shouldn't actually have helped me out because I didn't supply her with the password.

The second person I phoned couldn't help me, and could only politely inform me that the first person shouldn't have helped me at all (not that she was any fucking help anyway)

So now I'm basically screwed.

I fucking hate these shitty outsourced fucking callcenters. I feel sorry for the poor fuckers working there, it's not their fault but you can't help but get angry that you're having to deal with a fucking language barrier as well as an annoying problem in the first place.

I'm still enraged.
  • t-bizzle 10 May 2008 18:32:37 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And I've just tried getting into that email address and it's fucking locked because I've tried the password so many fucking times. I can send an email with instructions on how to unlock the email account, but THEY GO TO THE FUCKING LOCKED ACCOUNT THAT I CAN'T FUCKING GET INTO FOR FUCKS SAKE
  • t-bizzle 10 May 2008 18:37:37 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you see a report on news tomorrow that a body has been found in Manchester hanging from a 360 controller cord, then don't be suprised.

I'm about to tear my own face off in frustration.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2008 18:38:29
    ring them back saying your old e-mail account has been hacked and give them a reliable e-mail.
  • Physically_Insane 10 May 2008 18:40:27 7,864 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No, don't. I want to see him rip his own face off. Sounds cool.
  • t-bizzle 10 May 2008 18:44:12 65 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You think I won't do it?! I'll do it!

This guy cut off his own head with a chainsaw, if he can do it then so can I!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21697325-2,00.html
  • Deleted user 10 May 2008 18:46:30
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    No, don't. I want to see him rip his own face off. Sounds cool.
    have you been watching hellraiser again?
  • gareth886 10 May 2008 18:51:08 2,841 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It may be some sort of glitch. It says your suspended until the 10/05/2008. Thats today. Just try logging in tommorrow.
  • Lexx87 10 May 2008 18:57:29 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    gareth886 wrote:
    It may be some sort of glitch. It says your suspended until the 10/05/2008. Thats today. Just try logging in tommorrow.

Unless it's american and it's actually the 5th of October ;)

Speak the truth hussy!

• Lexx87 10 May 2008 18:58:11 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also, will teach you a lesson t only use a certain number of passwords. I have three I use randomly all over the place, I have to use all three until it's the right one though :p

Speak the truth hussy!

• Deleted user 10 May 2008 19:24:13
    unless the OP is lazy and clicks the 'remember me' part when logging on. i hate lazy people who deserve this type of thing happening too them!

/auto signs into XBL
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous