GTA IV: Organise online games

• Page

of 22 First / Last

Previous
  • funkyd 4 May 2008 19:28:05 7,522 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Following on from BravoGolf's threads for CoD4 and Halo 3, I present you with this thread.

Use this thread to organise EG matches or even discuss recent games.

Anyone up for a game tonight at around 9:00 ish?

My GT is Sgt Cheesecake although I don't think I have any room. You can find me by looking through Eurogamers's friends list.
  • funkyd 4 May 2008 19:34:28 7,522 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did Fruit_Salad post in this thread?

I can't see it.
  • Bloodloss 4 May 2008 19:52:44 4,499 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I find GTA4's multiplayer pretty shit when you're not playing with friends. I don't know, it just seems a bit lifeless when you're playing with randoms. Almost creepily so.

Only had 1 game with you so far (thanks for the invite) in which I got utterly destroyed as I can't stand racing
  • funkyd 4 May 2008 19:54:48 7,522 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bloodloss wrote:
    I find GTA4's multiplayer pretty shit when you're not playing with friends. I don't know, it just seems a bit lifeless when you're playing with randoms. Almost creepily so.

Only had 1 game with you so far (thanks for the invite) in which I got utterly destroyed as I can't stand racing

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the racing matches, but the other modes are great.
  • magicpanda 4 May 2008 20:33:00 13,012 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd be up for some mp at 9ish GT: Prof Trefusis.

Not long had my 360 so im a complete spaz as to how it works. Can you be invited into a MP game while in the single player side of things?
  • ecureuil 4 May 2008 20:35:22 76,036 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've had a couple of invites from some EG guys tonight. Just to let people know, I'm not playing any multiplayer until I've finished the single player. Which I reckon won't take more than a couple more days at the most, but I'll let people know. :)
  • Master_Miller 4 May 2008 20:40:32 1,642 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I'll give it a lash. I'm AuntyJane on Xbox.

EDIT:Scratch that, my Xbox has chosen now to hate the Internet and refuse to tell me why my ICMP doesn't work. Apologies funky.
  • BadBoyBonner 4 May 2008 23:51:40 322 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I only seem to be able to join through first starting a party invite and then going into another type of multiplayer game as a complete party.

Even when it says joinable or I get sent an invite it says unable to connect.

Not sure if it's only me having this problem - but everything else seems to work fine.

Live Tag - Bad Guy Bonner - always happy to go online with fellow EG readers.
  • Arcadiian 5 May 2008 00:25:17 830 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I already made the GTA IV organise online games thread a while back. innit!
  • PiD 17 May 2008 22:02:09 3,566 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bump :)

Im skapid on live, feel free to chuck me an invite if you see me on gta, multiplayer is much fun.
  • Bloodloss 17 May 2008 22:03:41 4,499 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    /sees thread with the same title below this thread. Interesting choice to bump it!
  • PiD 17 May 2008 22:04:17 3,566 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Im in the same game as Inquisitor atm, talking about these threads heh.

Edit: As you were :)
  • MattyB2007 18 May 2008 01:56:33 2,673 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers for the games guys, top night of GTA fun indeed, some of those races were quality!

Live - Revenge First,
    Wii U/PSN & Steam - Revenge_First
    3DS - Matt - 1246-8695-7316

• Inquisitor Moderator 18 May 2008 01:58:09 14,545 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't really know where to put this now...anyway, fantabulous games guys, really good fun.

Those races were a lot better than I remember from last time...

Also, sorry if I went a little OTT on the swearing a few times, it's all good natured, I really don't mean anything so don't get too offended.

When Revenge is telling me to tone it down I know I've gone too far, he's used to me and if it's too much for him...hell, must be horriffic :p
  • ecureuil 18 May 2008 01:59:48 76,036 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aye, that was great fun! I kept rolling my car, dying, then respawning in last place, so I decided to man the RPG and make things a bit more interesting for the rest of y'all. Hope I didn't piss anyone off who was trying to have a proper race. ;) I'm a crap shot with it anyway!
  • Inquisitor Moderator 18 May 2008 02:01:35 14,545 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That was you?!

Bastard :p

Cost me first place, though finishing second on a moped is superior in many ways.

I'm sure you probably took out people who were in first before me or catching up with me as well so all is forgiven. Besides, it's GTA race, anything goes.
  • MattyB2007 18 May 2008 02:02:27 2,673 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I don't really know where to put this now...anyway, fantabulous games guys, really good fun.

Those races were a lot better than I remember from last time...

Also, sorry if I went a little OTT on the swearing a few times, it's all good natured, I really don't mean anything so don't get too offended.

When Revenge is telling me to tone it down I know I've gone too far, he's used to me and if it's too much for him...hell, must be horriffic :p

I've learnt to switch off and laugh at your in game swearing, it tickles me at times :-) But your my bitch and I have to tell you to calm it sometimes lol

Live - Revenge First,

• ecureuil 18 May 2008 02:05:23 76,036 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I generally avoided people on bikes, but otherwise I just tried to shoot the next person coming along. ..and usually missed because it's actually really hard to shoot someone who's going past you at 150 mph. I did manage to shoot franko (whoever that was, sorry), about five times though. It was nothing personal!
  • Inquisitor Moderator 18 May 2008 02:07:32 14,545 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wasn't on a bike before you shot me :D

/Race car, in first place

/Ecureuil fires RPG

/Dies

/Overtaken

/Respawns on moped

/Finishes a glorious second
  • Bloodloss 18 May 2008 02:13:47 4,499 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, good games, though I suppose I wasn't around for most of them (surprised to see you all still playing around 1-2 am!). Usually really dislike racing, but with the motorcycles and ice cream trucks it was hilarious.

Though, I seem to have developed the image that I am, in fact, Satan incarnate and should not be trusted at any moment. Did enjoy our helicopter battles and at one stage making a crazy shot from a boat when I only had 1 rocket left. Serves you right for never coming to pick me up! :(

Inquisitor, early on: grayman seems to want me dead for some reason...

You don't say! You just blew me up repeatedly with a rocket launcher! :p
  • ecureuil 18 May 2008 02:13:54 76,036 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Funniest moment for me was the cheese story, and the reaction to the cheese story. Who was it that went on a massive rant about that story? It was hilarious.
  • MattyB2007 18 May 2008 02:14:23 2,673 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I did so badly I seemed to steer clear of that. The mass pile up/exploding vehicles on the freeway in one race was quite insane though.

Live - Revenge First,

• Inquisitor Moderator 18 May 2008 02:25:44 14,545 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ryze had a rant about the cheese story, he was having none of it.

He's had some quality rants this week but that was the pinnacle for sure. I did feel kind of sorry for the cheese guy though, he sounded shocked :p

We tried to pick you up in the heli grayman, but there was no room. Also, we class you as the devil because you have no mic, no one knows what you're scheming.

You can't promise us you won't kill us if we come and pick you up wheras the rest of us can talk as we fly.

Basically, you can't be trusted.

That shot from the boat was immense though, the 'shot' of GTA for me, never seen anything as good.
  • Bloodloss 18 May 2008 02:52:48 4,499 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I've uploaded it to my fileshare if anyone wants to... oh...
  • PiD 18 May 2008 10:52:55 3,566 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MattyB2007 wrote:
    I did so badly I seemed to steer clear of that. The mass pile up/exploding vehicles on the freeway in one race was quite insane though.

I got stuck in the middle of that.. Went from 3rd to 8th :(

Gutted.

Sorry to anybody I called a cunt or abused verbally, I didnt mean it :D
  • MrWonderstuff 18 May 2008 11:43:08 1,855 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So is this the official thread? Blimey.

Anyway 'fun times' as Brucie would say. That was my first experience of GTA online and I couldnt have chosen a nicer bunch of chaps to play with. As regards the cheese story...I was more interested in his experience of the Wallace Collection where the cheese was located ;-)

The standard racing was fun even with rockets flying in my face. Seeing 16 ice cream vans all chugging along an airport runway with a plane taxiing towards them is surreal to say the least.

Cannonball run, hmm....not sure...too much setting waypoints (and on my SD telly a little hard to see to the GPS line). I will get used to it.

Deathmatch is a bit of a lark, but having an objective like in cops' and crooks does make things focused.

Any ta guys, see you soon hopefully.

• ecureuil 18 May 2008 13:18:29 76,036 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, there's so many options within the multiplayer, it'll take time to find what works and what doesn't. There's a couple of things that could do with tweaking, and I think this is Rockstars first attempt at a proper, big, online game, so hopefully they'll address some of the issues. Things like having the waypoints automatically appear in cannonball run.

Oh, and is there any way to have team cannonball run? That could be quite fun. If not, then it's something they could add.
  • monkie_king 18 May 2008 14:30:49 984 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Yeah, there's so many options within the multiplayer, it'll take time to find what works and what doesn't. There's a couple of things that could do with tweaking, and I think this is Rockstars first attempt at a proper, big, online game, so hopefully they'll address some of the issues. Things like having the waypoints automatically appear in cannonball run.

I think having that much freedom is fine for custom, private matches, but it would really benefit from having a standard playlist of gametype pre-sets that have had their options thoroughly tuned by extensive playtesting. Fortunately that's exactly the kind of thing that can be easily patched in later.

I also think there needs to be a bit more indication of what you're supposed to be doing in the games. I've realised now that the coloured prompts tie in to the colours of the waypoints, but it can be very confusing the first time you play a game type.

In my first ever Carjack City game last night, for example, I kept following the "get a vehicle" prompts, and spent half the match just picking random cars off the street and taking them to the objective. I had a nice collection in there before I figured out why I wasn't scoring any points. /facepalm. Apologies to agparrot and friends if you're reading ;-)

• Arcadiian 18 May 2008 14:51:30 830 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No bloody wonder I haven't been able to find a decent multiplayer session, you've all been organising games in here. This is a duplicate thread. Could a mod merge it with the other one, which is three pages long. It might prevent me from using my game disc as a frisbee too. :(
  • DFective 18 May 2008 15:06:13 2,013 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm bored and am up for some muliplayer.
    Gamertag: GunslingerPanda
  • Page

of 22 First / Last

Previous