Grand Theft Auto V Page 68

• Page

of 319 First / Last

• StarchildHypocrethes 3 May 2013 11:40:33 25,602 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ryze wrote:
    where your own character spends more time talking, investigating and developing relationships would be better for a female protagonist, and massively appealing to women.
    I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of feminist voices suddenly cried out in terror
  • ModishNouns 3 May 2013 11:45:26 4,655 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Widge Moderator 3 May 2013 11:56:31 13,468 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Yup, I loved the car handling in IV - took a bit of getting used to, but was worth it to go back to what bad09 says - that 70s-movie handling in things like Driver.

The bikes were arse until The Lost and Damned.
    Yes and yes. Everybody at the time seemed to be on GTA4's case when it came to car handling, with Saints Row 2 being the "correct" way to do it.

Funnily, I preferred my cars behaving like cars and not like extreme shopping trollies.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Deckard1 3 May 2013 12:05:51 27,707 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The shootouts in GTA4 were by far the weakest part of the game. Rockstar has obviously realised that, and are looking to improve them. Lets just see what happens before going all Anfony.

Hush you ponce

• HarryPalmer 3 May 2013 12:15:11 3,252 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Calm down, you've missed the point.
  • Rusty_M 3 May 2013 12:15:12 4,649 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think GTA would suit partially regenerating health more than anything.

I hope the car handling is somewhere In between 4 and the previous games. 4 had a good sense of weight, but a lack of traction. You could really throw a lot of the cars around with a Scandinavian flick, (or feint if you prefer PGR terms), but at times it felt hard to take a corner normally, even at a sensible speed.

I hope the dialogue remains as good as "Oh Nico, tell me interesting things"

I'm looking forward to V a lot, but it looks like it'll be a long wait for the PC version.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Deckard1 3 May 2013 12:20:13 27,707 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Do you find this "Yeah I'm an angry spastic yeah" approach to life has gotten you far Anfony?

Hush you ponce

• HarryPalmer 3 May 2013 12:37:13 3,252 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Calm down, you've missed the point.
    which is?

yeah, stop talking shite.
    Max Payne 3's shooting mechanics, instead of the shit system from GTA4, see?
  • bad09 3 May 2013 12:56:48 5,783 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    regen health is going to fix that?!

the shoot outs were shit in IV because of the clunky, and frankly shit mechanics.
    Driving now shooting, it seems you hated the things that kept me coming back to an otherwise dull outing for GTA.

I thought the combining of "classic" and "Standard" of the old games was a stroke of genius myself. It was always a pain you had to choose one or the other going into the options to switch, having it dependent on how much you squeezed the trigger button was brilliant to me. It did take a while to get used to though so I can understand why people didn't like it.

Still not sold on Max Payne being the answer though..

(and regen health is frankly the worst thing I've heard for a GTA game, I agree it's gonna make GTA play like all those auto pilot boring dumb modern FPS with no tension or danger to shootouts)

Edited by bad09 at 12:59:32 03-05-2013
  • X201 3 May 2013 13:16:35 15,268 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The health doesn't fully regenerate.
    Only goes to 50% from what I've heard.

They've obviously put it in to balance the complaints of having to re-start missions when you die in big battles.
  • bad09 3 May 2013 13:24:19 5,783 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    The health doesn't fully regenerate.
    Only goes to 50% from what I've heard.

They've obviously put it in to balance the complaints of having to re-start missions when you die in big battles.
    Pandering to the casuals and pussy modern gamers. BOOOOO! I hate when people go on about mid mission saves and crap like that, just get better at the game you pussies. ;)

Seriously though, I never minded dying and doing a mission again, half the fun of a GTA is going to missions so never understood those kind of complaints myself. If I died too many times I'd go off and do something else...hard to do in 4 of course but you made your own fun in 4 a lot of the time.

Edited by bad09 at 13:31:27 03-05-2013
  • Deleted user 3 May 2013 13:27:14
    It's rockstar yo, ya'll need some faith.
  • Alastair 3 May 2013 13:35:23 15,604 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    It's rockstar yo, ya'll need some faith.
    fo shizzle ma nizzle!

Not as nice as I used to be

• ronuds 3 May 2013 19:05:36 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I welcome regenerating health. Hopefully armor won't automatically vanish either.

I found this info:

"Missions can be played stealth or action." "You choose a crew from more than just the 3 characters like hackers, lock pickers, etc. Their skills get boosted if they live onto the next mission."
    Sounds interesting!

Also, HOO-RAYYYY!!!

You can buy property; houses, garages and businesses can all be purchased for extra revenue sources.
    WhoTF thought it was a good idea to remove that in IV? One of the worst decisions in the history of gaming! :D
  • thenastypasty 3 May 2013 19:13:00 5,180 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I remember reading it was taken out because it didn't fit in Nico's story of starting in shit and you really only work your way up to slightly better shit.

Edited by thenastypasty at 19:13:42 03-05-2013
  • ronuds 3 May 2013 19:17:26 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, puh-lease.
  • JiveHound 4 May 2013 10:00:22 2,413 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Read the CVG preview. Sounds frikkin' amazing to me.

Now, do I rebuy an xbox, try out a ps3 or hope that it comes out for either the nextbox or ps4?

Hmm.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• TarickStonefire 4 May 2013 10:20:14 3,045 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Read the CVG preview. Sounds frikkin' amazing to me.

Now, do I rebuy an xbox, try out a ps3 or hope that it comes out for either the nextbox or ps4?

Hmm.
    I doubt it will be on either of those two new consoles. Can't think of any major game that's been released on the current gen and then, shortly afterwards, the next gen of a console, not including retro re-releases many years later.

Actually, wasn't Ghost Recon done like that? Oh, and Splinter Cell did that once, but the two versions on different systems were significantly different, I think. GTA never has, pretty sure.

Get a 360 for it!

Edited by TarickStonefire at 10:22:37 04-05-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 4 May 2013 10:24:47 3,045 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    bad09 wrote:half the fun of a GTA is going to missions so never understood those kind of complaints myself.
    I couldn't disagree more. Having to trek to the start point of a mission more than once was about as entertaining as watching paint dry... which I personally find really boring. The addition of a taxi service that takes you there automatically when you fail and reload was a stroke of genius that was a long time coming.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 10:25:27 04-05-2013

• Progguitarist 4 May 2013 10:33:18 10,420 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @JiveHound It's coming on on Wii U isn't it?
  • JiveHound 4 May 2013 10:51:14 2,413 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    No, I think one of the Housers was was quite derisive about a possible Wii U version.

Shame, I'm thinking PS3 as a 12gb is pretty cheap and there's a couple of exclusives I'd like to try.

• Progguitarist 4 May 2013 10:52:54 10,420 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd go with that then. You could always replace the HD later fairly cheaply if needed.
  • TarickStonefire 4 May 2013 11:05:12 3,045 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What exclusives do you want on the PS3? (!)

• Progguitarist 4 May 2013 11:10:30 10,420 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The ones that aren't on the 360?
  • TarickStonefire 4 May 2013 11:21:18 3,045 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Again, what exclusives do you want on the PS3?

• Progguitarist 4 May 2013 11:25:48 10,420 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Prostate massage simulator 4
  • JiveHound 4 May 2013 11:27:32 2,413 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I'd go with that then. You could always replace the HD later fairly cheaply if needed.
    I was thinking of buying an external hd for the WiiU. I take it if I wanted one for the PS I wouldn't be able to use it a universal drive due to formatting.

As for exclusives, Infamous 2, Uncharted 3 and Last if Us plus I'm guessing GTA5 will be multi disc on xbox. Also, I've had an xbox for years and played everything I'm bothered about. I may get the nextbox if it suits my needs.

• Page

of 319 First / Last