Recently-abandoned games Page 2

• Page

of 149 First / Last

• Deleted user 2 April 2008 10:40:36
    JuanKerr wrote:
    ruggedtoast wrote:
    Super Mario Galaxy. Quite enjoyed this when I was playing it but not felt any real urge to go back and finish it.

Out of interest, how far are you into the game? Some of the later Galaxies are utterly brilliant, so it's well worth revisting it :)

About two thirds of the way. Its fun enough, just not in any way compelling.
  • JuanKerr 2 Apr 2008 10:41:06 36,445 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:

I know, I know and I'm slightly ashamed of myself. I might well press on with it this Summer when the inevitable games drought hits ...
    You mean when Okami is released?

I think one ported game featuring wolves will be enough for me this Summer ;-)
  • TechnoHippy 2 Apr 2008 10:41:15 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Burnout Paradise

The first Burnout game that I haven't wanted to play completion. It's a good racer, but just lacks some of the old Burnout magic.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• DUFFMAN5 2 Apr 2008 10:43:40 15,394 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MOHHII on my psp. Last level, couldn't be arsed.
    Silent Hill Origins, but I will end up going back some time.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• yupyup 2 Apr 2008 10:49:31 3,682 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    *This* close to abandoning Zack & Wiki, just not clicking with me. Shame, was looking forward to it too :/

Hands Off Our Penises

• dr_swin 2 Apr 2008 10:50:25 4,915 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago

I found Dead Rising the same. I really didn't like the Psycho fights as they just weren't fun and also missing out on timed story events which mean you have to start over again.

It started so well. But it was all so frantic. gamers dont like not being able to complete things or missing out on content. Those ridiculous messages as well that you had to answer. If only those problems had been addressed at testing it would have been a far better game. The thing that made me abandon it was running out of film. couldnt find anymore anywhere and was never that bothered to gamefaq it. (but I am sure a helpful EGer will put me right).
  • AspLeaf 2 Apr 2008 10:51:28 61 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I stopped playing Metroid Prime about 70% into the game. I just lost interest. I loved MP1 and 2 but numer 3 just felt to much running around all alone searching for something vague. I would have liked a lot more shooting and just not exploring up to a boss all the time.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 2 Apr 2008 10:56:38 14,559 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Assassins creed:

Utter rubbish. So mind numbingly repetitive.

Shadow of the colossus:

Awe inspiring game, dull as dish water horse riding sections

Ghost recon/Rainbow six vegas 1:

Enjoyed both games but without an interesting story or characters I care about I found it very hard to carry on playing both games.

To be honest, I'm not a great fan of realistic shooters, I struggled to make it to the end of CoD 4 and that had one of the best, most daring stories I've ever seen in a game.

Spider man 3:

Just crap
  • _Price_ 2 Apr 2008 11:18:43 3,072 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast - Yeah, I know, how retro. Really quite enjoyable gameplay (switching between blasters and lightsaber combat) and the SW universe is always nice to have a stroll around but what the hell is up with the 'puzzles'? Just in order to progress through the game you need to have some sort of Jedi-like ESP to know what the game designers expect you to do next. I'll go back to it at some point, possibly armed with a (shock! horror!) walkthrough.

Anyway, gave it up in favour of:

Black - Aside from the frustrating (non-existant?) save system this is a really fun game. Not the same sort of 'realism' as Rainbow 6, but with just enough so that (most) enemies only need a few well-placed rounds to leave them nicely crumpled on the ground. And, importantly, since you're generally given free reign to tackle enemies at will it has non of the tedious pathfinding problems of Jedi Knight.
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Sep 2008 10:43:28 15,394 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    AiTD (360) I really wanted to enjoy and was going to await the patch, but in the end I traded 2 games for it on EG, life is too short and all that.
    Very rare for me not to complete a game, I do like getting my monies worth unless the game is total toss, and I have finished some shite in my time :)

• Deleted user 24 September 2008 10:46:39
    The Darkness is edging close for me after about four hours. Absolutely shocking map and into the bargain I'm stuck at a bit with a big fucking helicopter shooting me to bits. Made more difficult by the fact that I've got no idea where I'm supposed to be going.
  • nickthegun 24 Sep 2008 10:54:44 61,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    IIRC, you have to run like a maniac through a hole in the fence or something like that (depending on which helicopter bit you mean). If its the one firing rockets on the rooftop, it is a pain in the arse, for sure.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deleted user 24 September 2008 10:55:37
    nickthegun wrote:
    IIRC, you have to run like a maniac through a hole in the fence or something like that (depending on which helicopter bit you mean). If its the one firing rockets on the rooftop, it is a pain in the arse, for sure.

Aah. I thought it was about keeping to the dark and sneaking about. I'll try legging it in some random direction tonight.
  • Jeepers 24 Sep 2008 10:57:17 13,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MGS4 is now definitely in the "Can't be arsed to finish it" pile. Alongside Wii Zelda.
  • TechnoHippy 24 Sep 2008 10:58:04 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just Cause - the assault on the Island (I'm guessing it's near the end) is way too hard. After breezing through the rest of the game suddenly ramping up the difficulty is way out of order.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• StarchildHypocrethes 24 Sep 2008 10:58:29 26,600 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This happens with practically every game I purchase. I have possibly the world's shortest attention span.
  • Quint2020 24 Sep 2008 10:59:24 3,484 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lost Odyssey

Shame really as I loved it but as with most JRPGs you really have to sit down and play it for a good 3 or 4 hours to get anything of worth done (not being able to save whenever you want doesn't help this either) and I just don't have the time to do that anymore, especially with all the other games coming out imminently.
  • nickthegun 24 Sep 2008 10:59:38 61,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When I say 'run like a maniac' I actually mean 'plod like a rug on valium'.

• Deleted user 24 September 2008 11:00:52
    Jeepers wrote:
    MGS4 is now definitely in the "Can't be arsed to finish it" pile. Alongside Wii Zelda.

Oh aye, Act 5 start and it's on the "might never see the inside of a console again" pile.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2008 11:01:47
    nickthegun wrote:
    When I say 'run like a maniac' I actually mean 'plod like a rug on valium'.

Heh, I actually farted about trying to find out if there was an actual "move faster" button. I thought I had left crouch on by accident :)
  • Jeepers 24 Sep 2008 11:04:00 13,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    boabg wrote:
    Jeepers wrote:

Oh aye, Act 5 start and it's on the "might never see the inside of a console again" pile.

Exactly the same point that I stopped. It's a stealth game where the FPS targeting isn't that hot. So let's have an al out shoot 'em up moment in which you're surrounded by the bad guys and have no real cover to hide behind.

Ace plan Hideo!
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Sep 2008 11:04:12 15,394 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Techno Hippy wrote:
    Just Cause - the assault on the Island (I'm guessing it's near the end) is way too hard. After breezing through the rest of the game suddenly ramping up the difficulty is way out of order.

I think a lot of game "ramp up the difficulty) near the final boss/end.
    I completed JC, but take your point. The final fight in Conan, Far Cry (xbox) and Viking was so much harder than anything that came before, and lets not mention Assassins Creed, bastard thing. I completed that game around 05:00 in the morning and I'm almost certain I started the "final" boss (s) battles around 02:00 in the morning

• glaeken 24 Sep 2008 11:04:27 11,265 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Techno Hippy wrote:

That was a a git of an end level. I did it by approaching the island as fast as possible in a speed boat and then opening my parachute at the last possible moment before the boat hit the beach which enabled me to fly over most of the enemies and get right to the palace.

I warn you though that level actually gets harder towards the end but there are some check points after the initial bastard hard bit.
  • nickthegun 24 Sep 2008 11:09:36 61,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jeepers wrote:
    boabg wrote:
    Jeepers wrote:

Exactly the same point that I stopped. It's a stealth game where the FPS targeting isn't that hot. So let's have an al out shoot 'em up moment in which you're surrounded by the bad guys and have no real cover to hide behind.

Ace plan Hideo!

If its the frog ambush part, just use a grenade launcher on them. one hit, one kill.

I know its annoying when people say this but....'I didnt think it was that hard and I did it first time'.

Plus its actually the last 'proper' bit of gameplay in the whole game. Which, I suppose, could be a good or a bad thing depending on how you look at it...

• Jeepers 24 Sep 2008 11:11:24 13,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers ntg - it wasn't that it was overly tough, just that I thought it was a bit of a cop out. That, and realising that my reward for plowing thro' the next 30 minutes was to be a 70 minute cut-scene dampened my enthusiasm for it.

Acts 1, 2 and 4 were great tho' - I really enjoyed them.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2008 11:11:34
    I only got to the bit what the fancy writing of "Act 5 blah blah" appeared then I saved then never played it again.
  • Singularity 24 Sep 2008 11:12:44 2,463 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This thread is depressing me.

/goes off to the Recently Completed Games Thread
  • nickthegun 24 Sep 2008 11:13:28 61,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The bit after that is a bit of a cunt to do properly. It really is trial and error until you get everyones movement patterns down.

When you do that you can litterally run through the level in 20 seconds flat.

• Gl3n Moderator 24 Sep 2008 11:20:28 5,953 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spore

Taking on the grox single handedly burnt me out rather quickly. Pirates invade everything, no one can look after themselves. Went from absolutely loving it, to finding it really annoying in a short space of time.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2008 11:20:40
    Wind Waker

Tried multiple times to get into that but the opening stealth bit is just terrible.

Okami

Blockheads. Enough said.

DMC4

An absolute joke compared to the brilliant third game in the series.

The Force Unleashed

I got to the second stage but don't really want to play it anymore.
  • Page

of 149 First / Last