Recently-abandoned games Page 95

• Page

of 151 First / Last

• King_Edward 30 Mar 2013 15:26:32 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I'm not telling people they are wrong for enjoying the game or anything. I'm just sharing my experience of it. I'm just not seeing what's so amazing about it. It's certainly functional and the city is imaginative but mechanically it feels like every other FPS and the story/characters are doing nothing for me thus far.
    Having almost an entirely opposite reaction atm. Loving it as a shooter with a good story, but getting a bit bored in the downtimes. It just isn't quite Rapture.
  • Deleted user 30 March 2013 15:29:38
    RyanDS wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I'm not telling people they are wrong for enjoying the game or anything. I'm just sharing my experience of it. I'm just not seeing what's so amazing about it. It's certainly functional and the city is imaginative but mechanically it feels like every other FPS and the story/characters are doing nothing for me thus far.
    Pepsipop is just one of those teenage boys working out the testosterone and thinking what they like its the truth. Ignore him.
    :) I'm a spotty teenage boy. Whoop.

Differing opinions is a good thing, it's boring wheneveryone agrees.
  • Shygnome 30 Mar 2013 15:32:34 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is that in the picture? Yoyu want to play GOW with me?

I am top ranked.

"We were in the Locust tunnels looking for imulsion crystals for the targeting laser. We found Mom's body."

• Deleted user 30 March 2013 15:39:20
    smoothy
  • captbirdseye 30 Mar 2013 15:58:06 5,494 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /takes notes
  • RyanDS 30 Mar 2013 16:01:51 9,861 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Pepsipop is just one of those teenage boys working out the testosterone and thinking what they like its the truth. Ignore him.
    :) I'm a spotty teenage boy. Whoop.

Differing opinions is a good thing, it's boring wheneveryone agrees.
    Apologies.. If you aren't a tennager I am sorry for calling you one. The fact you call people pricks for holding differing opinions just made you look like one. In real life you may be a forty year old man, but the way you post doesn't reflect that.

Edited by RyanDS at 16:08:24 30-03-2013
  • Deleted user 30 March 2013 16:03:03
    Middle aged working mother
  • mrpon 30 Mar 2013 16:09:01 29,587 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Give over!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• RyanDS 30 Mar 2013 16:10:23 9,861 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No way!

I am a sixteen year old busty blonde if we are playing that game.

And... Catholic! Yes, so I am suffering from guilt and need a spaking due to my guilt.
  • King_Edward 30 Mar 2013 16:13:47 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That mustache is awfully convincing.
  • Deleted user 30 March 2013 16:51:40
    So you weren't being a prick?
  • kentmonkey 30 Mar 2013 16:53:04 20,935 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Okay, I've googled spaking and nothing comes up. I'm very disappointed.
  • Shygnome 30 Mar 2013 16:54:15 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    pepsipop are you redy now?

"We were in the Locust tunnels looking for imulsion crystals for the targeting laser. We found Mom's body."

• Ziz0u 30 Mar 2013 16:56:42 8,648 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Teach me.
  • RyanDS 30 Mar 2013 17:04:35 9,861 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Okay, I've googled spaking and nothing comes up. I'm very disappointed.
    I meant spanking. But I was distracted by my massive boobs, sorry.
  • Phattso Moderator 30 Mar 2013 17:06:21 13,955 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No need to descend into abuse, people. Keep it friendly.

With that said: Fuck Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

It's a fairly decent by-the-numbers CoD game (SP only, I don't MP much any more) but then it throws these online-but-not-and-with-bots scenarios into the mix. I see what they're trying to do, and applaud the intention behind not sticking to the formula, but if I want to play Counterstrike that's what I'll do. Don't vomit it into the middle of my linear Hollywood campaign.

I don't know whether they're even mandatory, but the thought of doing another one is enough for me to consign the disc to the ether.
  • Deleted user 30 March 2013 17:13:48
    I don't think they are mandatory, but yeah, complete confusion, and no fun whatsoever.
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Apr 2013 23:04:18 11,936 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm starting to doubt that I'll finish Skyrim, I've spent god knows how many hours on sidequests and now I'm doing the main quest but don't think I care enough about the story to keep going :-(

Edited by Armoured_Bear at 23:04:37 07-04-2013

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Monsieur_Blade 19 Apr 2013 14:19:55 357 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've finally decided to give up on Assassin's Creed. I've got this weird (slightly OCD) thing where I have to complete one game before I can start a new one. Tomb Raider was on my door mat when I arrived home from work last night (currently 22.85 on Shopto and I couldn't resist any longer) so I thought I'd crack on with Assassin's Creed before starting my adventure with Lara.

I played about another 30 mins and just couldn't do it though. I really enjoyed the first couple of hours but after that it's just so bloody repetitive and the controls have really started to frustrate me!!! It just suddenly dawned on me that I'm not actually enjoying it, I'm just playing for the sake of it and I'd have much more fun starting Tomb Raider.

So that's exactly what I'm gonna do tomorrow. Screw you OCD!!! :)
  • bronzemedal 19 Apr 2013 14:39:46 36 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Monsieur_Blade I'm about to abandon Tomb Raider -- poor platforming, no puzzles, cringe-inducing script, too many cutscenes (wiggle the left stick quick!) and endless cover-based shoot outs. If this is the future of Tomb Raider count me out ... perhaps playing Anniversary to prepare for the new games was a mistake, as Anniversary is a considerably better game.

In fact since I'm ranting, there's so many directions they could have taken the series in -- they could have ramped up the environmental puzzles with destructible environments, focus on survival (make it an essential part of the game) -- they could have even bought up some of the past story (I seem to remember her being in a plane crash that killed her parents in one game) , but nah they just went with guns because that's what sells now. One thing I will say though -- the visuals are amazing, the best I've seen on the 360.
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Apr 2013 14:47:25 15,427 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Monsieur_Blade wrote:
    I'm not actually enjoying it, I'm just playing for the sake of it and I'd have much more fun starting Tomb Raider.

So that's exactly what I'm gonna do tomorrow. Screw you OCD!!! :)
    I could have typed that, I HATE giving up on any game and I have played some total shite right through to the end because of it. I have managed to recently elbow:
    DMC (I get hand ache with the buttons!)
    Walking Dead (the shite one)
    Castlevania (only an hour in, but not doing it for me)
    KZ2 (I might go back to it though)
    ACIII.

About 3 hours into Ni No Kuni and although I hate turn based (which it really is) JRPG's that send you to a battle arena, I'm enjoying this a lot, still watch this space ;)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• bladdard 20 Apr 2013 00:04:04 1,029 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    6 hours in and Guacamelee can just fuck off. I don't have time to play games that infuriate me.
  • Deleted user 20 April 2013 00:24:22
    Yeah.

Bioshock Infinie was kinda meh.
  • Cadence 20 Apr 2013 08:14:42 1,696 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Skyrim. I've sunk about 30 hours into it and am now pretty bored. The world they've created is undoubtedly impressive but the quests are just dull as ditch water.

Edited by Cadence at 08:15:10 20-04-2013
  • jellyBelly 20 Apr 2013 08:25:18 474 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As an experiment I played TR:anniversary again right after finishing the reboot and it's just such a completely different experience (for the better). I always admired how the old games managed to be relaxing but also mentally challenging at the same time, which is exactly what the reboot lacks. I blame big business

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• Armoured_Bear 20 Apr 2013 08:28:34 11,936 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cadence wrote:
    Skyrim. I've sunk about 30 hours into it and am now pretty bored. The world they've created is undoubtedly impressive but the quests are just dull as ditch water.
    Yes, I greatly enjoyed it for some time but am also now bored, the dungeons are all the same, the characters are dull and I can't bring myself to give a shit about the story and what happens.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• jellyBelly 20 Apr 2013 08:32:03 474 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Same here about Skyrim. Put in around 90 hours last year without finishing the main quest and then just felt that i had seen all the variation/novelty the game could have thrown at me.

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• Page

of 151 First / Last