• Page

of 133 First / Last

• monkehhh 10 Nov 2012 20:06:24 3,120 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
  • cubbymoore 12 Dec 2012 13:50:43 36,439 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Skyrim. Played it for about six hours, but it's just not as intuitive as Fallout for me. Levelling up is just nowhere near as rewarding and obvious, and I rarely get on with fantasy at all in any medium let alone games so that didn't help.
  • RunningMan 12 Dec 2012 14:21:24 2,355 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Superbrothers Swords and Socery EP on PC. Touch controls via a mouse, not good. Instata kill bosses also bad

MGS HD Collection: I just hate MGS controls, I cannot get past them.
  • andytheadequate 12 Dec 2012 14:25:13 7,948 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @RunningMan - I really hated Superbrothers Swords and Socery EP when I played it, don't blame you for abandonning it
  • RunningMan 12 Dec 2012 14:45:54 2,355 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @andytheadequate, shame as I loved the graphics and style of it, but the mechanics just didn't translate.
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 15:05:24
    LA Noir.

Nonsensical questioning, lousy frame rate and why did the main character have such a fat face? I love that era, love police stuff, love slower paced games. I should have loved every minute of this game but I'm not going back to if after getting about halfway through the second desk. Boring. Just, boring.
  • BritishBlue1 12 Dec 2012 15:49:37 128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Assassins Creed 3

Not getting on with it at all. Find it too frustrating and full of glitches. I did enjoy it at the start but it's very quickly become a chore.
    Yeah I had the same problem with AC3, I found playing as Haytham Kenway the only entertaining part of the entire game. Quite ironic that a game set during the american revolution has an Oh-So-Englishman as the only really interesting character. I finished the game purely because I'd gone and bought it, the rest of it apart from the sea faring missions was largely dull.
  • Commander Keen 12 Dec 2012 16:20:40 718 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tropico 4.

Was great to begin with, but seem to have just turned into a chore about halfway through.

I may come back to it though. The music is haunting my dreams...
  • glaeken 12 Dec 2012 16:36:38 10,975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had that with Tropico 3. Calypso it turns out is highly infectious.

Never bothered with Tropico 4 as it just looked more of the same. For the type of game though on the 360 at least I thought 3 was very good. It's not like there is much choice of that type of game on consoles.

Edited by glaeken at 16:37:18 12-12-2012
  • Commander Keen 12 Dec 2012 16:44:45 718 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah. FWB kept banging on about how good Tropico 3 was and I saw 4 on a Steam sale where it was reduced by 75%. A lot of the reviews I've read basically said that 3 was the best one, but thought I'd give 4 a go. Diverted me for a few hours, but just got a bit annoying after a while!!
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 14 Dec 2012 18:37:53 6,654 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Medal of honor, warfighter. Give it an 8 tbh, the driving bits would get a 4.

Nowhere near as bad as the reviews imo.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 14 Dec 2012 18:38:46 6,654 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Completed it? Wrong thread doh.
  • JonFE 14 Dec 2012 18:43:23 1,383 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @bitch_tits_zero_nine

Let me understand this: You would give MoH an 8, found it "nowhere near as bad as the reviews" make it and, yet, you abandoned it?

You should probably double-check this thread title :D

EDIT: You beat me to it...

Edited by JonFE at 18:43:54 14-12-2012
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 14 Dec 2012 18:44:40 6,654 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ive been on the cider. I just searched the forum for 'recently' :D
  • Rodney 16 Dec 2012 19:46:06 1,680 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fable III.

I loved Fable II but Fable III just bored me. The mechanics are so stripped back (leveling) they are almost non-existent. The removal of the menu sometimes made it difficult to know where to go next or how to complete side quests (which is probably the opposite the were going for).

I got to the point where I became King and it consisted of about 15 minutes where my only interaction with the game was pressing X or B to make two or three binary choices that I didnt care about.

The combat is as close to pure button mashing as I've ever encountered. You can literally spam the spell button and win every fight.

The world was as charming ever and I loved the regional accents. But that was about it. Not enough to hold my attention.

Playing Limbo now which is amazingly good.
  • uk-kob 16 Dec 2012 20:48:32 126 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Blops 2, i stupidly fell for the hype, and good reviews, boreing single player with 2 many cut scenes, its the first cod i couldn't be bothered to finish the campaign, didnt like the mp either maps all very small.
  • skuzzbag 16 Dec 2012 20:52:22 5,482 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Skyrim - I thought a break would do me good so I loaded back up and was standing in a shop with my bags full. Ok so lets sell all this crap, oh right I remember you have to bend over fucking backwards to sell all your stuff in one go.

It's a fantastic game hindered by strange technical decisions designed to just slow you down needlessly.

I don't know if I can be arsed to spend a whole evening selling the stuff I find.
  • Deleted user 19 December 2012 00:10:42
    Hotline Miami-

Maybe i just don't "get" the game but frustrating, repetitive gameplay and constantly being killed by off screen enemies until you trial-and-error learn the layout of levels isn't made any more fun by the unique soundtrack and visuals.
  • King_Edward 19 Dec 2012 06:27:55 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Press shift to look around the levels, that way you don't get off screened.
  • dr_swin 19 Dec 2012 08:53:54 4,823 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Managed to get through the whole game without knowing that trick. I never minded getting 'off screened'. I just found the game loads of fun.
  • imamazed 19 Dec 2012 09:24:32 5,450 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fantomex wrote:
    The Witcher 2 (Xbox 360)
    I've finished the tutorial and I've done a few of the flashback bits but I'm just not getting it. I know it got really good review scores but it's not gelling with me at all.
    This. I don't really like RPGs all that much anyway, but I got this very cheap so gave it a go. I love the storytelling aspect, and I actually perserveered past the prologue and into the main meat of the game. But I just can't be faffed with the stuff in between. The combat is OK, I guess, but isn't very fun. Having 100 different items you need to think about and spend ages combining or examining to progress just gets in the way of following the story I'm enjoying. I don't really dig fantasy settings anyway, and that may be a part of it, but I did try to set that aside.

A shame, because I know there's a great game underneath
  • thefilthandthefury 19 Dec 2012 09:40:23 24,901 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm playing The Witcher 2 at the moment (right now in fact, it's paused) and I see where you're coming from. I'm not far into the game (I'm only doing my fifth or so quest in Flotsam) but it feels like it hasn't got going yet at all. I'm not entirely down on it, but it's failing to hold my attention for long periods and I'm struggling a tad.
  • Reacher 19 Dec 2012 09:50:01 540 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    skuzzbag wrote:
    Skyrim - I thought a break would do me good so I loaded back up and was standing in a shop with my bags full. Ok so lets sell all this crap, oh right I remember you have to bend over fucking backwards to sell all your stuff in one go.

It's a fantastic game hindered by strange technical decisions designed to just slow you down needlessly.

I don't know if I can be arsed to spend a whole evening selling the stuff I find.
    I had similar problems with Skyrim...

"Hey look! let's go over there! woooo! oh wait, there's 1 npc in the way! no problem, I think I'll use my sword!.. oh wait.. not that one (pause + inv) I mean that one (unpause +inv) oh.. dammit, not the bow (pause and inv), I'm sure I had a (pause + inv).. something... somewhere.. oh no, hang on.. (unpause +inv) let's try a spell..(pause +inv + skills).. do I have a fire one? yeah.. fire rules! (unpause +inv) oh.. you mean I need a heal too? (pause + inv + skills) oh right.. ermm, I'm OOM? seriously? (pause +inv).. oh right.. nvm, he's gone.. this game rules, the combat is SO fluid (PAUSE)
  • Kay 19 Dec 2012 10:55:36 17,390 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm no huge Skyrim fan (I've sort of abandoned it myself for a bit, temporarily), but you can map inventory items to the d-pad, can't you?
  • Spong 19 Dec 2012 12:57:28 524 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I recently abandoned an entire series, though mainly because of one game.

R.I.P. Tomb Raider. Sixteen years of mostly enjoyable fandom is gone, destroyed by an American dev who is obsessed with turning Tomb Raider into Lara Croft: The Last Action Hero. TR9 is the antithesis of everything Tomb Raider is (or was) meant to be.

Damn you Crystal Dynamics, damn you to Hell and back.

Edited by Spong at 12:58:42 19-12-2012
  • kinky_mong 19 Dec 2012 13:22:26 9,597 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How is the future Spong? Can you tell me what the last few months lottery numbers are?

I of course assume you are posting from the future and have played the new Tomb Raider that hasn't been released yet in our normal timeline, and are not simply writing off a game you haven't even played yet.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Spong 19 Dec 2012 16:55:00 524 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't have to be a time traveller to form an opinion on the hours of footage, developer's vids, press releases, reams of magazine & website coverage I've seen. I've been a long time member of a big Tomb Raider forum for years, every last detail pertaining to TR9 has been poured over into infinity. And on the basis of all that, I don't like TR9, I don't like it so much that it has poisoned the love I had for the older games.

I could lie and say I have played the game, but I haven't. I turned down an offer to attend a community event in London next month where I could've played the three-hour demo. To be honest, I'd rather lick the pus from a tramp's arsehole than play TR9.
  • RyanDS 19 Dec 2012 17:00:34 8,694 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I personally hate 2013. I've looked at the calenders and it all looks crap.

Rather put me off 2012 as a result.
  • kinky_mong 19 Dec 2012 17:02:55 9,597 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fair enough, I just think it's silly to write off a game you haven't played, and even more so to let it taint your opinion of the games you enjoy.

I played the demo at the EG Expo and thought it was alright. Then again Guardian of Light is my favourite Tomb Raider game so maybe I'm not the best judge.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Page

of 133 First / Last