PS3 won't read disks Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Happyhammer7 3 Jan 2011 19:08:21 91 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mine suffered from drive failure and I had to pay £150 2 months out of warranty. Got a replacement, which kept freezing so had to have that swapped.

Not nearly as bad as my experience with the 360. Good consoles this gen, but built like shit IMO.

Hence why I built myself a gaming PC. Not as good for pick up and play but I know my components are top notch. Shame as this gen has some excellent titles.
  • Nik098 24 Jan 2012 10:33:21 1 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hello.
    i have to 60Gb ps3
    bay it 3 years ago
    the problem begin 2 month ago after pro12
    it working except riding any DVD
    i tried restore nothing
    if anyone know
    please help!!!
  • Deleted user 24 January 2012 10:47:56
    Nik098 wrote:
    Hello.
    i have to 60Gb ps3
    bay it 3 years ago
    the problem begin 2 month ago after pro12
    it working except riding any DVD
    i tried restore nothing
    if anyone know
    please help!!!
    I think a broken PS3 is the least of your problems after attempting to understand your post.
  • vDoll 30 Jan 2012 09:23:57 2,372 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My 40GB froze last night while watching a blu-ray, and now the little bastard won't read any disc format. Still sucks them in and spews them out, get the little beep and a loading icon in the top right hand corner.

Initially hoping it was a random driver issue, I tried restoring the file system through the engineer's menu to no avail - new hope is that as it was a used BD from Blockbuster that possibly had jam or excrement or cement or something on it, that it's simply dirtied the lens. :(
  • SuperBas 30 Jan 2012 09:44:15 1,672 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You bought a dyslectic PS3.
  • Ged42 30 Jan 2012 09:59:28 7,985 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Try placing the PS3 on it's side, mine reads disks better this way, if you already have it vertical, try it horizontal.
  • DiamondIce 30 Jan 2012 10:54:05 1,185 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Disk reading is an issue my PS3 has suffered from since I tried KZ3. I sent the game back thinking it was knackered. I received a new one and it behaved in the same way.

The PS3 can read standard blu-ray disks but dual layer blu-rays are a problem. The disk drive clunks like it is trying to eject the disk and then the icon won't show on XMB.

UC3 and Resistance 3 will read after a bit of coaxing but KZ3 is nigh-on impossible to get working.

I have tried many tricks including putting the system on its side. I have also tried running the PS3 maintenance methods and at first I thought it was helping but I think it was a coincidence. I would also put the disk in and then click into the store. This would sometimes work.

I am almost of the opinion that it is a software issue because once a game reads on XMB we have never had a problem playing any game.

UC3 has been completed twice, Resistance 3 once and KZ3 twice. None of these games have stopped working once we get them to read.
  • Ranger_Ryu 30 Jan 2012 11:23:34 1,544 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've got that problem actually myself......oddly enough Final Fantasy 13 plays great no issues in loading.......
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.