PS3 won't read disks Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Happyhammer7 3 Jan 2011 19:08:21 91 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mine suffered from drive failure and I had to pay £150 2 months out of warranty. Got a replacement, which kept freezing so had to have that swapped.

Not nearly as bad as my experience with the 360. Good consoles this gen, but built like shit IMO.

Hence why I built myself a gaming PC. Not as good for pick up and play but I know my components are top notch. Shame as this gen has some excellent titles.
  • Nik098 24 Jan 2012 10:33:21 1 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hello.
    i have to 60Gb ps3
    bay it 3 years ago
    the problem begin 2 month ago after pro12
    it working except riding any DVD
    i tried restore nothing
    if anyone know
    please help!!!
  • Deleted user 24 January 2012 10:47:56
    Nik098 wrote:
    Hello.
    i have to 60Gb ps3
    bay it 3 years ago
    the problem begin 2 month ago after pro12
    it working except riding any DVD
    i tried restore nothing
    if anyone know
    please help!!!
    I think a broken PS3 is the least of your problems after attempting to understand your post.
  • vDoll 30 Jan 2012 09:23:57 2,372 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My 40GB froze last night while watching a blu-ray, and now the little bastard won't read any disc format. Still sucks them in and spews them out, get the little beep and a loading icon in the top right hand corner.

Initially hoping it was a random driver issue, I tried restoring the file system through the engineer's menu to no avail - new hope is that as it was a used BD from Blockbuster that possibly had jam or excrement or cement or something on it, that it's simply dirtied the lens. :(
  • SuperBas 30 Jan 2012 09:44:15 1,673 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You bought a dyslectic PS3.
  • Ged42 30 Jan 2012 09:59:28 7,985 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Try placing the PS3 on it's side, mine reads disks better this way, if you already have it vertical, try it horizontal.
  • DiamondIce 30 Jan 2012 10:54:05 1,185 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Disk reading is an issue my PS3 has suffered from since I tried KZ3. I sent the game back thinking it was knackered. I received a new one and it behaved in the same way.

The PS3 can read standard blu-ray disks but dual layer blu-rays are a problem. The disk drive clunks like it is trying to eject the disk and then the icon won't show on XMB.

UC3 and Resistance 3 will read after a bit of coaxing but KZ3 is nigh-on impossible to get working.

I have tried many tricks including putting the system on its side. I have also tried running the PS3 maintenance methods and at first I thought it was helping but I think it was a coincidence. I would also put the disk in and then click into the store. This would sometimes work.

I am almost of the opinion that it is a software issue because once a game reads on XMB we have never had a problem playing any game.

UC3 has been completed twice, Resistance 3 once and KZ3 twice. None of these games have stopped working once we get them to read.
  • Ranger_Ryu 30 Jan 2012 11:23:34 1,549 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've got that problem actually myself......oddly enough Final Fantasy 13 plays great no issues in loading.......
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.