of 14 First / Last

Previous
  • THFourteen 20 Mar 2008 18:06:12 33,104 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OMG

WHY

WHY

March 20, 2008 - SouthPeak Games today announced that it will be releasing a sequel to its popular open world role-playing game, Two Worlds. Entitled Two Worlds: The Temptation, the game is slated to be available on Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and Windows PC this fall.

Taking place shortly after the events portrayed in the first Two Worlds, The Temptation takes place in Eastern Antaloor, in the regions surrounding Oswaroh and the Drak'ar Desert. Featuring as much content as the original, Two Worlds: The Temptation will feature more intricate missions, improved voice-overs and animations, retooled horseback riding, completely revamped combat, and a new game engine that delivers visuals that have to be seen to be believed.

"Our entire development team is now putting their all into making Two Worlds: The Temptation a game that is far and away better than the original," said Miroslaw Dymek, Chief Developer with Reality Pump explained. "We've taken to heart all the comments made by gamers about Two Worlds and we're going to give them what they want with the sequel."

"I'm sure fans of RPGs will be pleased with the vast amounts of new content and massive improvements to the core gameplay in Two Worlds: The Temptation," said Melanie Mroz, CEO of SouthPeak Games. "It's an ambitious, yet refined title that will surprise a lot of people."

For more information about The Temptation, or to sign up for the Antaloor Post, please visit www.2-worlds.com.

About SouthPeak Games

SouthPeak Interactive, LLC develops and publishes interactive entertainment software for all current hardware platforms including: PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, PSP (PlayStation Portable) system, PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, Xbox360 video game and entertainment system, Wii, Nintendo DS and PC. SouthPeak's games cover all major genres including action/adventure, role-playing, racing, puzzle/strategy, fighting and combat. SouthPeak's products are sold in retail outlets in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. SouthPeak is headquartered in Midlothian, Virginia, and has offices in Grapevine, Texas and London, England. http://www.southpeakgames.com

In January, SouthPeak Interactive, LLC and Global Services Partners Acquisition Corp. (OTC Bulletin Board: GSPA, GSPAB, GSPAW, GSPAZ) jointly announced that they have agreed to a business combination resulting in a new publicly held entity that will be called SouthPeak Interactive Corporation. The transaction will allow SouthPeak to access the public markets to accelerate its growth strategy and take advantage of strong industry growth trends.

About TopWare

TopWare Interactive is based in Las Vegas, Nevada. The company publishes interactive consumer software products in North America and is establishing a vast portfolio from budget to console.

About Reality Pump Studios

Reality Pump Studios was established in 1995 and since 2001 has been an affiliate of the European publisher Zuxxez Entertainment AG. The 55 man team developed hits such as Earth 2140 (RTS, 1996), Earth 2150 (RTS, 1999), World War III: Black Gold (RTS, 2001), Knightshift (RPG, 2003), Earth 2160 (RTS, 2005) and Two Worlds (RPG, 2007). The studio is a leading developer of 3D graphics engine development, including proprietary editing tool and environmental generators. All programming, art, design, and modelling is done by experienced in-house artists.
  • elredeyegrande 20 Mar 2008 18:08:19 2,382 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yay! Another buggy mess!
  • repairmanjack 20 Mar 2008 19:38:30 5,998 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fucking get in! \o/
  • WrongShui 20 Mar 2008 19:42:47 6,609 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Popular?
  • RichGL 20 Mar 2008 21:00:06 793 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I liked the idea of the last one.

Basically, take Morrowind and Oblivion and spin your own version.

However, I bought Two Worlds and the realisation was far from the ideal.

• M83J01P97 4 Aug 2008 15:49:39 6,570 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Right, a friend of mine just offered to sell me his 360 copy of Two Worlds for 10... I played the demo, hated it, but only because the controls were terrible and the frame rate was dire.

However, I know there have been a couple of patches and I believe an expansion pack since release, so did this game get 'fixed' to a level it was actually playable and fun? Or is it still the steaming pile of shit it was upon release?
  • JediMasterMalik 4 Aug 2008 16:28:01 11,820 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why bother when there are so many better reasons to spend a tenner?
  • WrongShui 4 Aug 2008 16:33:31 6,609 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Roll the tenner up and shove it in your penis. Then try to piss it out.

It'd be a much more engaging use of it.
  • Agent_Llama 4 Aug 2008 19:00:49 3,353 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really like Two Worlds. Exceptionally clunky, needed a heck of a lot more time to fix it for the 360, but the game that's there was very engaging, the world had much more variety to it than Oblivion.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• DUFFMAN5 4 Aug 2008 19:07:47 14,540 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I loved TW (go on have a look at my gamercard) the Horse control was total shite and the magic while good was not powerful enough, but once you opened up the portal gates you didn't need a horse all that often, so it became less of a problem. I clocked up 30+ hours and enjoyed every minute. Loads of quests to do and a huge map.
    I still have it as I will buy the Ex pack.
    I really think it is a game that takes a good few hours to start getting anything back from it.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• M83J01P97 4 Aug 2008 19:50:33 6,570 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So... the patches didn't 'fix' the game at all?
  • Agent_Llama 4 Aug 2008 23:07:51 3,353 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The patches improved the framerate somewhat, along with some menu stuff etc. As Duffman says, you do have to put in the time initially to start getting stuff back from Two Worlds, but it's there.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• convercide 5 Aug 2008 00:46:06 5,978 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NatAttack wrote:
    /downloads demo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*dives to smash pad out of NatAttack's hand*

I'm only saving you from the abomination.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• wayneh 18 Oct 2009 10:42:15 2,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not far from release now. Has anyone heard anything positive about this? I never got on with the first one but still liked the concept so might take a chance on the second one and hope they have fixed it.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• Quint2020 20 Apr 2010 10:49:43 3,484 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Damn, I'm looking forward to this, curse my weakness for Fantasy RPGs!

It does look like it could be rather good though..... http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1083775p1.html
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Apr 2010 11:23:08 14,540 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You all knew I would have to post!
    Two Worlds 2 will be all kinds of great, just like the first game

Quint, did you get around to playing Divinity II ?
    Excellent game.

• THFourteen 20 Apr 2010 11:24:48 33,104 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dont do it guys, seriously just dont.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 20 Apr 2010 11:28:53 25,519 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The 360 version of the first game is one of the ugliest games I've played in the last 10 odd years. It also had the worst voice acting EVER.
  • Quint2020 20 Apr 2010 11:55:16 3,484 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Excellent game.

I didn't mate no, I'm pretty damn sure I'd love it but tbh I haven't had much time to game for the past few months general life stuff and learning to drive (yes I'm only just learning to drive at 24) is taking up most of my time.

I'm starting to feel the need for a nice RPG again though so I'm hoping this turns out to be good!
  • drhcnip 20 Apr 2010 16:57:52 2,480 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    You all knew I would have to post!
    Two Worlds 2 will be all kinds of great, just like the first game

Excellent game.

can i second that? really enjoyed divinity 2

looking forward to this as well
  • chrisno21 20 Apr 2010 17:03:08 1,484 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I found it to be pretty poor, it's no risen or two worlds.

Am quite excited about TW2, first was great.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• drhcnip 20 Apr 2010 17:33:15 2,480 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    risen is better, absolutely, but i did like divinity 2...
  • Venkman90 20 Apr 2010 17:33:35 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Keeping an eye out for this, the first was awfull though.

Since there is no ESV on the horizon I need my deeeeeeeeep RPG fix.
  • Quint2020 22 Apr 2010 10:04:24 3,484 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Venkman90 wrote:
    Keeping an eye out for this, the first was awfull though.

Since there is no ESV on the horizon I need my deeeeeeeeep RPG fix.

This is pretty much how I feel only I did genuinely see promise in the first game, the combat and in particular the magic mechanics were full of good ideas it's just a shame that the developer clearly didn't have the time or money to capitalise on those ideas, however judging by gameplay videos and screens the sequel seems to be a whole different story.
  • Quint2020 30 Jun 2010 09:55:03 3,484 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is looking rather good....

I'm happy to give the devs the benefit of the doubt, it seems like SouthPeak are throwing more money at them this time and it looks like they've put that to good use, the graphics and the UI are both looking rather nice indeed!
  • DUFFMAN5 30 Jun 2010 09:57:47 14,540 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thank god we are getting near the release date. I have had on pre order, for what seems like years!

• iknine 2 Jul 2010 22:24:52 13 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Duff knows a good game alright.
  • Deleted user 2 July 2010 23:30:02
    no. duffman5 likes b-games! :p

(as in b-movies, but games instead)
  • DUFFMAN5 11 Aug 2010 12:40:06 14,540 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Copied from a post by MrWonderstuff