You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• daithi90 31 Mar 2008 15:47:11 3,283 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    daithi90 wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:
    Stumbled upon this over the weekend.

Worth going for Sigur Ros alone. It's a beautiful part of the country as well.

Seems very like Electric Picnic that we have over here.

Really? Is Electric Picnic any good?

I've never been as I usually go to Oxegen, but talking to people who have been and they've said it's always amazing!
  • JuanKerr 31 Mar 2008 15:49:26 36,248 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    daithi90 wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:
    daithi90 wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:
    Stumbled upon this over the weekend.

Worth going for Sigur Ros alone. It's a beautiful part of the country as well.

Seems very like Electric Picnic that we have over here.

Really? Is Electric Picnic any good?

I've never been as I usually go to Oxegen, but talking to people who have been and they've said it's always amazing!

Sweet. Definitely going to Latitude then.

Cheers!
  • funkstar 31 Mar 2008 15:54:39 1,194 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    im going to latitude this year too... supposed to be awesome, i liked the look of franz/sigur/interpol headlining so i booked my ticket already, plus the comedy tent looks fantastic too!

The Lives of Nobody Important Paperback

• JuanKerr 31 Mar 2008 16:03:14 36,248 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    funkstar wrote:
    im going to latitude this year too... supposed to be awesome, i liked the look of franz/sigur/interpol headlining so i booked my ticket already, plus the comedy tent looks fantastic too!

Nice one. Elbow are playing too, and I'm a big fan of theirs.

Who's in the comedy tent?
  • Huntcjna 31 Mar 2008 16:07:39 13,876 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Im going to see Sigur Ros at Rock Wertcher in Belgium which has an incredible line up:

R.E.M, Radiohead, Neil Young, Moby, Underworld, The Verve, Kings Of Leon, Beck, Babyshambles, Soulwax, 2manydjs, Kate Nash, Duffy, The National, dEUS, Lenny Kravitz, The Chemical Brothers, Mika, Sigur Ros, Kaiser Chiefs, Nightwish, Een Harper & The Innocent Criminals, Counting Crows, Editors, Roisin Murphy, The Hives, Chris Cornell, The Kooks, Air Traffic, Justice, Digitalism, KT Tunstall, Beirut, Gossip, John Butler Trio, Band of Horses.

/is in awe of the greatness
  • Syrette 31 Mar 2008 16:09:02 43,477 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thats a horrible, horrible line-up.

• Huntcjna 31 Mar 2008 16:09:32 13,876 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How is that a horrible line up?
  • funkstar 31 Mar 2008 16:12:23 1,194 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:

Nice one. Elbow are playing too, and I'm a big fan of theirs.

Who's in the comedy tent?

off the top of my head:

ross noble, bill bailey, simon amstell, phil jupitus, rich hall and lucy porter...
    theres a hell of a lot more... there are also rumours of a live never mind the buzzcocks show since everybody is present, and i think mark lamarr is doing his radio show from there that weekend too

cant wait to see ross noble that guy is absolutely hilarious

• Ginger 31 Mar 2008 16:14:36 6,840 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    is in awe of the greatness
    Try and make time to see Gossip - they were brilliant at Bestival last year. beth Ditto for the crazy fat lesbian drunk win :D

London open taekwondo champion

• Huntcjna 31 Mar 2008 16:25:49 13,876 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ginger wrote:
    Huntcjna wrote:
    is in awe of the greatness
    Try and make time to see Gossip - they were brilliant at Bestival last year. beth Ditto for the crazy fat lesbian drunk win :D

Saw them last year in Barcelona and they were ace. I was suitably mashed on Estrella at the time but ace non the less!
  • JuanKerr 31 Mar 2008 16:27:24 36,248 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    Thats a horrible, horrible line-up.

Eh?
  • handsome_coelacanth 31 Mar 2008 17:41:10 188 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Still trying to figure out if i'm going to bother with Leeds this year.
  • funkstar 31 Mar 2008 20:01:33 1,194 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    went to leeds a couple years ago, had an awesome time... but the more 'laid back' attitude of latitude has won me over - late night parties in the woods sound awesome

• Load_2.0 31 Mar 2008 20:03:32 19,279 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No festivals for me this year :(

Going to the Camden Crawl though, should be good.
  • delbert 31 Mar 2008 20:09:15 2,889 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just bagged tickets for Reading online and have the agonising wait for the confirmation email to come through..

An hour of F5ing and not forum related!
  • Spong92 31 Mar 2008 22:03:34 324 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well tonights been eventful...

Went to order a leeds ticket, entered my payment details.... only for the screen to display 404 error...

So re-ordered... ONLY TO GET READING by accident!!!!!

So ordered a leeds again, this time was sucessful... and luckily spoke to Mike at seetickets and he said the reading one will be cancelled tomorrow! *Phew*

• Deleted user 31 March 2008 22:06:41
    Huntcjna wrote:
    Im going to see Sigur Ros at Rock Wertcher in Belgium which has an incredible line up:

R.E.M, Radiohead, Neil Young, Moby, Underworld, The Verve, Kings Of Leon, Beck, Babyshambles, Soulwax, 2manydjs, Kate Nash, Duffy, The National, dEUS, Lenny Kravitz, The Chemical Brothers, Mika, Sigur Ros, Kaiser Chiefs, Nightwish, Een Harper & The Innocent Criminals, Counting Crows, Editors, Roisin Murphy, The Hives, Chris Cornell, The Kooks, Air Traffic, Justice, Digitalism, KT Tunstall, Beirut, Gossip, John Butler Trio, Band of Horses.

Oh my, that's a bit good.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2008 22:12:27
    Just as an aside, I'd love to go to Coachella in a few years. Save up some money, fly over, and have a great time. It's going to happen. ;)

• Deleted user 31 March 2008 22:27:26
    Nastyfest

Not technically a 'summer festival', but it's an all day thing from 4 til 4 and there are loads of excellent, excellent, bands playing.

No Age live > Arcade Fire live

Plus, me and my band are on as well.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2008 22:29:35
    Pho-Zoon wrote:
    No Age live > Arcade Fire live

/scoffs

/chokes on monocle
  • Deleted user 31 March 2008 22:34:53
    Oxegen and Electric Picnic for me again this year. Electric Picnic was so good last summer that'd always be my first choice but I couldn't resist seeing REM and Justice and Oxegen.
  • TakeTheVeil 31 Mar 2008 22:39:58 5,058 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decided to skip the Irish festivals this year.. no chance i'm paying €250 for an oxegen ticket.

I'm thinking about going to the Hurricane Festival in Germany though,

Line-up for those interested:

Beatsteaks, Biffy Clyro, Billy Talent, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, British Sea Power, Calexico, Deichkind, Digitalism, Does It Offend You, Yeah?, Donots, Elbow, Enter Shikari, Foals, Flogging Molly, Foo Fighters, Jaguar Love, Jan Delay & Disko No 1, Jennifer Rostock, Kaiser Chiefs, Kettcar, Krieger, Maxïmo Park, Millencolin, Monster Magnet, Nada Surf, NoFX, Oceansize, Operator Please, Panic! at the Disco, Panteón Rococó, Patrice, Radiohead, Razorlight, Rise Against, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Shantel & Bucovina Club Orkestar, Sigur Rós, Slut, Tegan and Sara, The Beautiful Girls, The Chemical Brothers, The Cribs, The Enemy, The (International) Noise Conspiracy, The Kooks, The Notwist, The Subways, The Weakerthans, The Wombats, Tocotronic, Turbostaat and Xavier Rudd.

A lot of bands in there i'd like to see.

Also, only €115 for the ticket. More than half the price of Oxegen.
  • Chopsen 31 Mar 2008 22:52:46 15,995 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ooh latitude looks intersting. Heard of it before but always been on the periphery of my radar.

Might be up for a bit of that.
  • Benno 31 Mar 2008 23:43:15 9,900 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    leeds and reading lineup = metal fest

meh

• manuel_garcia 31 Mar 2008 23:46:52 4,079 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:

Holy crap. That's like what Glasto should be, but isn't.
  • funkstar 31 Mar 2008 23:55:35 1,194 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    ooh latitude looks intersting. Heard of it before but always been on the periphery of my radar.

Might be up for a bit of that.

lol, EG meet at latitude?

• Benno 1 Apr 2008 02:33:35 9,900 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    manuel_garcia wrote:
    Huntcjna wrote:

That line up is unreal
  • elredeyegrande 1 Apr 2008 02:39:30 2,382 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks fairly bland to me. The only bands I'd bother with on a that list would be Radiohead, Soulwax and Underworld.
  • Benno 1 Apr 2008 02:43:59 9,900 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    manuel_garcia wrote:
    Huntcjna wrote:

That line up is unreal

Infact that lineup is so nice, i been talking to my mate on msn and I think we are going to be heading over there instead of leeds/reading this year.

Be good to see you there Huntcjna :D
  • Page

of 9 First / Last