Rainbow Six Vegas 2

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous
  • Kitt-FDUK 14 Mar 2008 11:29:19 395 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Been playing a bit of it already. I really loved the last game and this is more of the same with better graphics and a better PEC system. I like the ACES system where you get XP for achieving certain things and you see your XP go up as you play through. You also get XP penalties for being rubbish :o

You can pre-order a Clan Pack at HMV and get 4 boxed copies for the price of 3.

Here's the gen on that:

London, England March 10th 2008 – Ubisoft and HMV are pleased to announce today that the exclusive Xbox 360 ‘Clan Pack’ offer is now live for pre-order on HMV’s website.

As a thank you for the loyalty and endless enthusiasm of the Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas community, Ubisoft and HMV are offering clans playing on Xbox LIVE® for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® the chance to buy four copies of the eagerly awaited sequel to Team Rainbow's glowing 2006 next-generation debut, which launches in the UK on March 20th. By heading to the HMV website, clans can save themselves money and be ready for action on launch day.

"This offer is simply a thank you for all the Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas communities and in particular the clans for making the game the success it has enjoyed over the past couple of years. We are certain the sequel will be enjoyed as much, if not more, than the first one" Said Phil Brannelly, Senior Brand Manager at Ubisoft.

An HMV Spokesperson added "We're delighted to be offering gamers the chance to buy this Clan Pack of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 exclusively here at hmv.com. It's a great game, and presents anyone who loved the first game as much as we did a fantastic opportunity; to get together with three of their friends and take advantage of getting 4 copies of the game for the price of three. Not only that, but gamers will also get sent codes to unlock two HMV exclusive in-game weapons when they pre-order. This makes hmv.com, in our minds, the ultimate destination to buy Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2. We'll see you online."

To pick up the clan pack, please head over to:

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=786296 ">HMV Clan Pack
  • Messiac 14 Mar 2008 11:33:40 3,465 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kitt-FDUK wrote:
    Been playing a bit of it already. I really loved the last game and this is more of the same with better graphics and a better PEC system.

Better graphics?

Complete engine overhaul yesterday then?
  • Blerk Moderator 14 Mar 2008 11:36:40 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
    Pipkins 3 Chicago 1
    Jamie and the Magic Torch versus New York, no score draw
  • Whizzo 14 Mar 2008 11:38:17 43,115 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    At least you didn't use:

Guildford 4 Birmingham 6

Blerk as that would be tasteless.

Oops.

This space left intentionally blank.

• El_MUERkO 14 Mar 2008 11:42:43 17,020 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    get your bananas, get your bananas here, 4 for the price of 3, lovely juicy bananas, for your little monkeys, bananas here, 4 for the price of 3, there you are madame, have a lovely day, bananas
  • Huntcjna 14 Mar 2008 11:44:52 13,876 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do we know if this is region free yet?

/skulks around interweb for budget copy
  • Retroid Moderator 14 Mar 2008 11:56:48 44,724 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Still tempted by this, provided the achievements aren't stacked in a silly manner towards online play. Again.

Completing the first game of this on the hardest difficulty and only getting around a third of the total achievement points was just bloody silly.
    Whizzo wrote:
    At least you didn't use:

Guildford 4 Birmingham 6

Blerk as that would be tasteless.

Oops.
    I see what you did there.
  • Doomspoon 14 Mar 2008 11:57:52 2,467 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That HMV info should read M468 not 486. The two extra weapons wouldn't be enough to stop me looking for it cheaper elsewhere.
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 14 Mar 2008 11:58:26 4,627 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I enjoyed the co-op modes on Vegas 1 so I'll be picking this up on release day if anyones up for some red hawt terrorist hunt action.

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• Huntcjna 14 Mar 2008 11:59:41 13,876 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The code for those weapons will be leaked all over the forums within a day of that game hitting the shops so its hardly a reason to purchase. Its not like they press special including that weapon or anything.
  • espadachin 14 Mar 2008 12:00:02 2,210 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ill be having this too, despite my reservations about the lack of 4 player story co-op.
  • sanctusmortis 14 Mar 2008 12:00:23 9,631 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    Still tempted by this, provided the achievements aren't stacked in a silly manner towards online play. Again.

Completing the first game of this on the hardest difficulty and only getting around a third of the total achievement points was just bloody silly.

See for yourself - 21 offline, 26 on.

Still, the biggest points earners are SP, and you get 20 just for using Live Vision!
  • thefilthandthefury 14 Mar 2008 12:12:35 25,012 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I loved the previous game but, since I don't have Live at the moment, I'm slightly less tempted to pick it up straight away.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the single player in the last game too, but I had the most fun on Live with my mates. Decisions, decisions...
  • Retroid Moderator 14 Mar 2008 12:16:29 44,724 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not bad, not bad!

Liked the original enough to play through it a total of three times due to that STUPID bug resetting the difficulty midway through, so even though I set it to hard it went back to normal, and there are parts of that game which're rock hard on almost any difficulty :(

Hmmm....

/Surfs Yes Asia
  • evilashchris 14 Mar 2008 12:18:13 6,992 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll be getting this too, thursday release as well don't forget!

Retroid you HAVE to get it, you were red hot in those terrorist hunts!

Twitter: @COToole

• thefilthandthefury 14 Mar 2008 12:20:09 25,012 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Terrorist Hunt is all I ever played. Easily one of the most enjoyable online experiences ever for me.
  • Kitt-FDUK 14 Mar 2008 12:29:59 395 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Messiac wrote:
    Better graphics?

Complete engine overhaul yesterday then?

Basically the multiplayer graphics look the same as the single player graphics. That's the difference and it feels considerable as someone who played it a lot on Live.

I've been playing Terrorist Hunt and AI is crazy bananas. I thought they were too clever by half in the last game but they are getting right on my wick now. Stand in one place and shoot at me you bloody git!

B.A.N.A.N.A.S

Ooh my retail copy just turned up this minute. Achievement city here I come.
  • corstick 14 Mar 2008 12:47:53 3,263 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Never really got stuck in to the first game as I was always playing Gears. Trying to switch between the two cover systems usually ended up with me getting shot in the back while staring into a wall, wondering why the A button wasn't working. This time around I can give it more of a fair go.

Terrorist Hunt is indeed great fun. I wish more games would include modes like that.
  • Retroid Moderator 14 Mar 2008 12:58:05 44,724 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kitt-FDUK wrote:

Ooh my retail copy just turned up this minute. Achievement city here I come.
    Not a PS3 gamer, then? ;)
  • Huntcjna 14 Mar 2008 13:01:07 13,876 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    /Surfs Yes Asia

I tried play asia, no dice. :(
  • SomaticSense 14 Mar 2008 13:17:40 8,264 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Terrorist Hunt is all I ever played. Easily one of the most enjoyable online experiences ever for me.

I never really tried TH in Vegas, athough some of my greatest gaming memories are of the co-op in RS3 on the od Xbox. Might give this a shot if I've enough monies and you guys are up for it.
  • evilashchris 14 Mar 2008 13:20:26 6,992 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am for sures!

Twitter: @COToole

• thefilthandthefury 14 Mar 2008 13:21:50 25,012 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll definitely get it at some point but I have no access to Live at the moment, sadly :(

Just moved and can't afford an internet connection until I'm settled/no neighbours to steal the connection from.
  • istandfreed 14 Mar 2008 13:27:56 2,388 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep after the Army of..... debacle i'll definitely be picking this up.
  • Vroom 14 Mar 2008 13:32:28 4,644 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    istandfreed wrote:
    Yep after the Army of..... debacle i'll definitely be picking this up.

Do not speak of that fecal game!

Vroom

• Anthony_UK 14 Mar 2008 14:12:46 2,492 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is it just me or do the graphics and game in general look really average??

It just seems like they've done what they did Ghost Recon 2 and made Rainbow Six Vegas 1.5! It looks as if they've changed nothing what so ever, used the exact same assets from the first game and added a few levels.......:-(

Rainbow was great at the time, but the aiming and movement in general was slightly sluggish which to be honest, I just accepted at the time (come on we all did) as there was little else to compare it against.

Since the first game we've had Halo3, Gears of War, COD4 even Frontlines...... So I just don't see the point in this, as it what appears at first glance to be a half assed effort/cash in!.

I'll need something more than a 'run' button and a few more plain looking generic levels to convince me with this one!
  • thefilthandthefury 14 Mar 2008 14:16:56 25,012 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anthony_UK wrote:
    It just seems like they've done what they did Ghost Recon 2

I would love it if they did. GR2 took a so-so game and turned it into one of the best shooters I've played.

Not that RS:V was ever so-so, I loved it.
  • Deleted user 14 March 2008 14:18:01
    I would very much like to take thefilthandthefury out for a lovely meal.
  • Anthony_UK 14 Mar 2008 14:27:15 2,492 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Anthony_UK wrote:
    It just seems like they've done what they did Ghost Recon 2

I would love it if they did. GR2 took a so-so game and turned it into one of the best shooters I've played.

Not that RS:V was ever so-so, I loved it.

Yeah I agree with you there Ghost Recon 2 was the balls! But with Ghost Recon 2, even though it was effectively more of the same, they still managed to improve on the graphics and the game in general.

From what i've seen, this doesn't seem to be the case with Rainbow. Although I really do hope i'm wrong!
  • octo 14 Mar 2008 14:28:33 979 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Personally, I did not enjoy the last game in the rainbow six franchise. Whereas GRAW significantly advanced the third-person ghost recon genre, RSV did nothing more than introduce the series to people who had never played it before. Yes, the new cover system was nice and it worked well but I'm not sure it covered the games most glaring weakness in that it wasn't much fun to play. Surely the only point of a game? Multi-player was especially bad, made even worse by sporting some of the ugliest next gen graphics and animation I had seen up until that point. Graphics aren't everything but they certainly help.

So here's hoping this game isn't simply a rehash of the original game put out to make UBI a quick buck. Although EVERYONE who reads this knows that's the truth.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous