Being Human Page 17

• Page

of 17 First / Last

Next
  • kentmonkey 12 Mar 2013 21:26:11 20,451 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    Why would you need to make better sense of the ending, though? It was pretty obvious wasn't it?
    @Scimarad What do you think was obvious? That it was a dream or reality?

Edited by kentmonkey at 21:28:59 12-03-2013
  • HoriZon 19 Mar 2013 23:35:41 13,498 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Will miss the show as it was very funny at times, new cast I liked too.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Scimarad 20 Mar 2013 05:47:48 8,530 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @kentmonkey

Sorry, missed your post. I thought it was obvious it was a 'dream' because of a few things but mostly because of that final camera twist and sound which was associated with the devil.

Other than that there is the fact that the devil was killed out of the blue in an unexpected way conveniently just in time to save them. Although the fact that he came back possessing the other guy made it seem that maybe that scene was setting up the later confrontation after letting you feel they were off the hook. The thing that swings it fully back into unconvincing territory is the fact that everything turns out absolutely perfectly and everyone gets exactly what they want.

Of course, this could have just been a very positive ending (which is fine, for a change!) but the items on the fireplace, especially the origami wolf, followed by that final thing with the camera leave little doubt that the devil won after all - Which I found way more convincing than the 'perfect' ending.
  • kentmonkey 20 Mar 2013 09:07:13 20,451 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Scimarad Interesting. The creator of Being Human has said that "It could have been a dream, and therefore an unhappy ending, but then wouldn't that be a negative way to end the show after so many years? Hopefully the DVD extras will clear up any confusion and end things positively". I'm paraphrashing there slightly, and I can't find the bloody link now (it was on one of the Being Human sites, an interview with him), but it was something like that.

So, it may not quite be what people think. And may be what people thought it was then wasn't. But what some thought it might be. Err..yeah.
  • nickthegun 20 Mar 2013 09:13:43 58,898 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It a Nolan ending in that it was supposed to be ambiguous but wasnt really. But, regardless of what the DVD extras say, im choosing to take it at face value because, frankly, Tom rules far too much to have a bad ending.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kentmonkey 20 Mar 2013 09:22:13 20,451 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think that's what the DVD extras will say. That's what has been heavily hinted at. That nothing, other than what actually happened on screen, happened. And that it was a complicated ending for no reason other than to cause internet debate and then clear it all up a few months later on the DVD.

That annoyed me a bit. Either give me an open ending, or don't. Don't give me an 'ajar' ending.
  • Scimarad 20 Mar 2013 19:34:16 8,530 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm way happier with the devil wins ending so...er, yeah:)
  • mal 21 Mar 2013 21:53:06 22,341 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just caught up with the final episode. Nice to have a finale with a minimum of histrionics for a change.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Page

of 17 First / Last

Next