City-Link are a giant piece of shite

  • Page

    of 9 First / Last

    Previous
  • Lexx87 8 Feb 2008 17:40:29 20,869 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ARGH! FUCKING...ANGRY.

    So, i'm expecting a package on wednesday. It doesn't arrive because the driver couldn't gain access to the premises; being student accommodation you have to use an intercom to call the flat so I can unlock a gate. Figuring the driver is obviously a stupid gimp and doesn't know how to use these systems I order a re-delivery for today, giving my mobile number so the driver can call me when he is outside so I can go get my package.

    No call...so I call back today to find the driver "could not access my premises" once again even though he had my mobile number. "That isn't a service we provide so it is not guaranteed the driver will call you"...I asked if it was the same driver, which it was so if you couldn't get in the first time and now you have a number to call WHY WOULDN'T YOU FUCKING USE IT. How FUCKING hard is it to use an intercom anyway? It says on the fucker "press flat number" with a telephone symbol next to it. Have to go and fucking pick it up now as they don't try more than twice...FUCKERS.

    Speak the truth hussy!

  • Deleted user 8 February 2008 17:53:04
    /imagines neanderthal City Link wanker driving his van up against the gates multiple times.

    "Huh."

    /scrawls "unabel 2 gayn axxess"
  • Lexx87 8 Feb 2008 18:02:00 20,869 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    /imagines neanderthal City Link wanker driving his van up against the gates multiple times.

    "Huh."

    /scrawls "unabel 2 gayn axxess"

    :D

    Speak the truth hussy!

  • AdmiralPellaeon 21 Feb 2008 17:54:54 346 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I totally agree

    they are F-ing useless

    I ordered a package a while back they delivered to my home addresss (I was at work) left a card saying I had to re-arrange delivery.

    So I arranged a delivery for the next day & arranged a time of after 14:00 so I can book the afternoon off work & be home when then they try to deliver.

    I get home at 13:30 & there is already a card been put through the letter box saying that they tryed to deliver at 09:30am !

    So I wasted half a day of my holiday for nothing !

    In the end I let them send it back to sender because I did not want to waste any more of my time on this !

  • Dirtbox 21 Feb 2008 17:56:39 77,469 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shity link.

    I thought everyone would know how bottom of the stack they are by now.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • WrongShui 21 Feb 2008 18:39:56 6,600 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Here's hoping they bring my PC bits tomorrows.
  • caligari 21 Feb 2008 18:43:41 16,998 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    WrongShui wrote:
    Here's hoping they bring my PC bits tomorrows.

    I'd be very worried if you have a doorbell.
  • WrongShui 21 Feb 2008 18:45:19 6,600 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    WrongShui wrote:
    Here's hoping they bring my PC bits tomorrows.

    I'd be very worried if you have a doorbell.

    Im gonna stand on my door step with a pair of binoculars.

    So nothing out of the ordinary then.
  • megastar 21 Feb 2008 19:44:45 17,134 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    i use to work on customer services for a company that used shittylink to deliver their stuff. I had hundreds of calls a day from people who never got their stuff and when I rang them up it was always the same excuse - couldnt gain acess to the premises.

    You had to give them special instructions to give the drivers like - "if the gate is shut - open it!!!!"

    I shit you not

    I KNOW how wank they are
  • Killerbee 21 Feb 2008 21:05:58 5,016 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I swear half the time these people don't even bother to try to deliver the parcel and just write "unable to gain access" as their excuse.

    Royal Mail have done it to me before where I've actually been able to run after the postman and say "you've just delivered this card, but I am in" and then they actually own up to the fact they couldn't be arsed to bring the parcel with them from the depot because it was too big / heavy.

    Still, nothing I've experienced yet beats the time DHL "delivered" a new camcorder to me by throwing the unprotected cardboard box over the fence at the side of my house where it landed IN MY WATER BUTT WHICH WAS FULL OF WATER!!!

    I mean, ffs... at least Amazon were very good at sending me out another one no questions asked.
  • Deleted user 21 February 2008 21:07:43
    Lexx87 wrote:
    ARGH! FUCKING...ANGRY.

    So, i'm expecting a package on wednesday. It doesn't arrive because the driver couldn't gain access to the premises; being student accommodation you have to use an intercom to call the flat so I can unlock a gate. Figuring the driver is obviously a stupid gimp and doesn't know how to use these systems I order a re-delivery for today, giving my mobile number so the driver can call me when he is outside so I can go get my package.

    No call...so I call back today to find the driver "could not access my premises" once again even though he had my mobile number. "That isn't a service we provide so it is not guaranteed the driver will call you"...I asked if it was the same driver, which it was so if you couldn't get in the first time and now you have a number to call WHY WOULDN'T YOU FUCKING USE IT. How FUCKING hard is it to use an intercom anyway? It says on the fucker "press flat number" with a telephone symbol next to it. Have to go and fucking pick it up now as they don't try more than twice...FUCKERS.


    Sorry but the driver probably didnt even have the package in his van. They know the places that need intercoms and write out the sorry we missed you cards before hand.
  • Deleted user 21 February 2008 21:10:32
    Killerbee wrote:
    I swear half the time these people don't even bother to try to deliver the parcel and just write "unable to gain access" as their excuse.

    Royal Mail have done it to me before where I've actually been able to run after the postman and say "you've just delivered this card, but I am in" and then they actually own up to the fact they couldn't be arsed to bring the parcel with them from the depot because it was too big / heavy.

    Still, nothing I've experienced yet beats the time DHL "delivered" a new camcorder to me by throwing the unprotected cardboard box over the fence at the side of my house where it landed IN MY WATER BUTT WHICH WAS FULL OF WATER!!!

    I mean, ffs... at least Amazon were very good at sending me out another one no questions asked.

    LOL

    I used to work for an exam board that had to deliver unmarked exam papers to markers. We used parcel force and exam papers were found all over the place, in ditches, thrown over fences, under cars, in neighbours gardens. The ones that were never retrieved just got their predicted grades, the kids never even knew that their script hadnt been marked.
  • PazJohnMitch 21 Feb 2008 21:17:11 7,814 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Never used them myself but Royal Mail in West London always steel at least one of my dvds/games/cds from play.com if I order more than 3 things at a time. (Usually the cheapest strangly).

    Also I ordered my last TV from play and the parcel force guy threw it out the back of the lorry. I was not impressed.
  • neosalad 21 Feb 2008 21:41:04 953 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    i had many probs with SVP deliveries when they used city link instead of interlink express.....

    city link would leave cards i would rearrange delivery and stop in and still get nothing only to find them send it back to SVP! grr!
    or they come on the wrong days to what was agreed.. and wont redeliver 4 days after and would rather send it back.. utter madness. no good for people who work during the day in normal job at all!!

  • mrpon 22 Feb 2008 09:30:56 28,446 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Love the thread title, I sympathise. Great outburst though OP.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • WrongShui 22 Feb 2008 09:33:51 6,600 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Waiting for my bits.
  • askew 22 Feb 2008 17:08:37 12,032 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has anyone ever had City Link collect a parcel from them? Following on from my Courier thread t'other day, I arranged for City Link to come take my old PC away this afternoon between 12 & 5. I took the afternoon off to work from home.

    So I get back at around 12:30 and find the little card telling me that City Link had been round five minutes earlier. Sods' law. And it's now gone 5, and they haven't been back. I'm slightly peeved because I paid extra for Saturday delivery, and also because they've billed me.
  • El_MUERkO 22 Feb 2008 17:25:49 16,955 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    i get everything delivered to my office to avoid that crap, they understand 'goods in' well enough
  • Restart 12 Mar 2008 16:52:08 4,705 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just had my first delightful dealing with City Link. Had three parcels to be delivered, but nobody was in when they attempted to deliver them the first time. Phoned them up next day & arranged for them to re-deliver them by leaving the parcels in the garage, since nobody would be home for the entire week.

    It's now a week since then, still no deliveries. Phoned them up again, & was told to phone the local branch. No answer. Ring back the call centre & I'm told that one parcel has been lost, & then other two have been delivered to a neighbour, without my consent. The only details they have on this "neighbour" is a surname, not even an address. So it could be in the hands of anyone within the local area. The call centre then tried to contact my local branch, & they received no answer either, to which I'm told, they should be open, but are simply ignoring the phone, & there's nothing further they can do to help.

    Unfortunately it seems Play.com (where one of my orders was from) are using City Link as their main distributor now, so expect many, many more lost parcels in future...
  • thefilthandthefury 12 Mar 2008 16:55:53 24,951 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had a nightmare with a company the other day. I can't remember their name... Interlink or something like that. Well they couldn't deliver a parcel to me (despite it being small enough to fit through the letterbox) which is fair enough I suppose, as I was at work. I call up to re-arrange delivery and they inform me they can't re-deliver on a Saturday or Sunday.

    So, uhh, what the hell was I supposed to do!?!? I'm at work all week and they don't deliver on weekends. Great!

    In the end I had to pay my girlfriend (who doesn't live with me), on a day off Uni, to get a taxi to their depot. So I spent 10 extra to collect an item that cost me 10.

    20! BAH!
  • WrongShui 12 Mar 2008 16:57:58 6,600 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All my bits came.

    Except my anti static wrist band thing, which came a week later and despite being in a packet no bigger than the ones batteries come in it was in a box big enough to fit a football inside and was filled with plastic bags full of air.

    Although I reckon thats ebuyer being retarded.
  • S.J.Rogers 12 Mar 2008 17:00:49 3,557 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    City-Link are a giant piece of shite

    +10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  • jellyhead 12 Mar 2008 17:04:29 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    WrongShui wrote:
    All my bits came.

    Except my anti static wrist band thing, which came a week later and despite being in a packet no bigger than the ones batteries come in it was in a box big enough to fit a football inside and was filled with plastic bags full of air.

    Although I reckon thats ebuyer being retarded.
    Nah, it's the Hewlett-Packard method of packaging. We've had a box like the ones you get 5 reams of paper in and when we've opened it up there's been 1 sheet of licensing details and a binch of those airbag things they use nowadays. Unbelievable but every parcel is in a box 4x too large.

    Yeah, tax me for packaging not HP why don't you?
    Government wuckfits. :(

    This signature intentionally left blank.

  • Deleted user 12 March 2008 17:07:01
    I can't say I've used City-Link, but I've had a couple of irritating experiences with Royal Mail recently.

    I'd ordered some albums (one of which was a vinyl) from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. The vinyl and first bunch of CDs were 3 or 4 days late. First of all, blatantly because one of them was a vinyl and the postman couldn't be arsed carrying it.

    The second time I got a "Sorry, we missed you" card. The date had originally been written as the 24th, scribbled out to be changed to the 26th, and the time was 10.10.

    It was the 28th and I didn't leave the house until 10.40.
  • FWB 12 Mar 2008 17:22:00 43,837 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ruggedtoast wrote:
    The ones that were never retrieved just got their predicted grades, the kids never even knew that their script hadnt been marked.

    I have a feeling this happens more than we think. I've heard so many "lost papers, so predicted grades given" stories.

    Maybe that's how I past my uni exams.
  • Deleted user 12 March 2008 17:53:10
    It's a shame that we have to rely on these Set 6 wankers from school for so much...

  • chrisp 12 Mar 2008 18:13:02 474 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    ruggedtoast wrote:
    The ones that were never retrieved just got their predicted grades, the kids never even knew that their script hadnt been marked.

    I have a feeling this happens more than we think. I've heard so many "lost papers, so predicted grades given" stories.

    Maybe that's how I past my uni exams.

    I didn't even know the exam boards got the predicted grades, or do you mean the boards actually admitted to the school that the scripts had gone missing?
  • Page

    of 9 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply