Any Mac users waiting for the MacHeist bundle? Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• HitchHiker 31 Mar 2009 22:47:40 2,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cro-Mag Rally has now been added to the bundle. The site keeps crashing my iPod touch though so I can't get any details on it.
  • Rowlsten 31 Mar 2009 23:32:58 674 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bought this on some kind of crazy whim earlier, but haven't been able to have a proper look at some of the stuff. Goo/espresso/iphone thing seem to justify it though, anything else will be a bonus.

Had a lickle play with picturesque, I may of missed some secret hidden menu but it seemed incredibly bland, I have better photo editing on my phone. $34.95 that's worth?!?
  • GrandTheftApu 31 Mar 2009 23:39:47 6,119 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Only 7 days left I'm beginning to wonder if Espresso will get unlocked at all, and that's the one I was after.

Although I do like World of Goo.
  • HitchHiker 1 Apr 2009 07:52:41 2,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rowlsten wrote:
    Had a lickle play with picturesque, I may of missed some secret hidden menu but it seemed incredibly bland, I have better photo editing on my phone. $34.95 that's worth?!?

Picturesque is a bit gimicky. Acorn is the picture editing treat. Quite powerful under the hood, with layers and filters etc.
  • HitchHiker 3 Apr 2009 07:00:19 2,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MacHeist just got better. Boost your bundle with a "TweetBlast" and get Multiwinia and Delicious Library 2.

Limited time only by the looks of it - "What are you waiting for? Get your copies before it's over!"

Straight link - http://www.macheist.com/

My referral link - http://www.macheist.com/bundle/u/183675/
  • Deleted user 3 April 2009 07:24:22
    I find the use of Twitter to broadcast adverts for someone so as to get something free for yourself extremely annoying. :(

I also never ever understood why anyone would find Delicious Library useful as opposed to a gimmick for half an hour, but apparently some folk here do actually use it. I suppose I don't need it because I never ever lend anything to anyone, really, or if I do I remember who I lent it to... Pretty though.
  • HitchHiker 3 Apr 2009 07:51:31 2,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wasn't sure about it myself, still not really but by trying it I've found that it links into Amazon Marketplace. This means that if you want to sell a load of stuff, once it's in DL2 then it's a couple of clicks to put it up on Amazon.

That's a really useful feature if you've got loads of stuff to sell.

• HitchHiker 5 Apr 2009 08:00:01 2,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There's 3 days left to buy this bundle and they've added another app to it.

"Times
    Acrylic Software
    Your personalized newspaper

You haven't read news until you've read it in Times, an altogether different RSS reader for the Mac.
    Unlike other readers, Times treats news the way it should be, displaying headlines and photos together from a variety of sources to keep you better informed. It looks like reading a traditional newspaper, but you control the entire experience. Read whole articles in Times instead of switching to your browser. Organize feeds into separate pages and save stories for later on a Shelf so you can stay productive while staying informed.

All of this is wrapped in what is hands-down the most beautiful RSS reader on the Mac. Times is your gorgeous new gateway to the most important information on the web."

• HitchHiker 5 Apr 2009 14:24:29 2,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Boinx TV has now been unlocked.

"BoinxTV
    Boinx Software
    A TV Studio On Your Mac

BoinxTV Sponsored Edition is a complete "TV studio in a box," ideal for recording podcasts, seminars, and other events. With an innovative interface, live effects, and support for up to three cameras, BoinxTV Sponsored Edition takes your video production to an entirely professional new level."
  • Deleted user 5 April 2009 14:32:54
    Getting very tempted now. If I buy them they will not be locked to this particular macbook will they?
  • HitchHiker 5 Apr 2009 14:34:58 2,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Don't think so, you get real software licenses just as you would if you bought the software separately.
  • Deleted user 6 April 2009 16:20:20
    It's all unlocked now, and I am very very tempted! How does it work though? If I buy the pack do I just spend the whole day downloading all the individual packs and receive the product keys on an email. I ask because I only have 3 gigs left on my mac, so will have to store some of them on an external hard-drive until I clear some space.
  • Deleted user 6 April 2009 16:25:48
    As far as I know you get the serials in an email and you download the software at your leisure.

Still absolutely nothing I want or need in there.
  • Deleted user 6 April 2009 16:33:14
    Cool. Yeah, I seem to be doing the old convincing myself I need this shit game.
  • DaisyD 6 Apr 2009 17:06:41 11,826 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    xandoodle wrote:
    I just want a bundle to give me Scrivener and Papers.

Would make alot of students happy...

Exscuse my ignorance - what's papers?
  • askew 6 Apr 2009 17:14:19 12,416 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wow, thanks for linking to Scrivener! Currently writing my dissertation and there are a ton of features there that it edges out Pages and Word for.
  • Deleted user 6 April 2009 17:14:40
    Papers is like itunes for journal articles. Looks quite good and has some great reviews but seems more focused on academics than anyone else.
  • Deleted user 6 April 2009 17:32:05
    Times looks quite interesting, but I don't really like the way it sneers down it's nose at other newsreaders such as NetNewsWire, which not only has an iPhone equivalent, but also syncs between them via the online Newsgator service. Therefore the prettiness of Times is pretty much all it has going for it and I won't bother with it.

There's some other very interesting looking apps in there too, such as the PhoneView thing, Wiretap Pro, and there was something else I've forgotten about, but I'll simply never use them. I have no current need for those functions and I'm not going to invent a need for them in the future really.

Lovely presentation on their site, though.
  • Deleted user 6 April 2009 17:37:06
    Actually I just downloaded Times from their site, imported my NetNewsWire feeds, started to delete the default feeds they clog it up with to begin with and it crashed.

SEE YA.

EDIT: I persevered with it but it's buggy, crashy, and just a bad idea. My newsreader works because at a glance I can see ALL the new feeds. With 'Times' I have to scroll through each 'page' looking through the news to see if there's anything I want to read, then click to a new page to scroll through that one, then click to a new page and scroll through that one, etc, not to mention the effort I have to go to to organise all my existing feeds, and the fact that it's very constrained by the 'newspaper' graphical template it mimics. It's more effort to read my news than it should be, and for that basic reason it completely fails.

Very pretty though.
  • Jeepers 6 Apr 2009 17:39:06 13,183 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    askew wrote:
    Wow, thanks for linking to Scrivener! Currently writing my dissertation and there are a ton of features there that it edges out Pages and Word for.

It's a really nice little App, Scrivener. I bought it some time back, and it's worth every penny.
  • DaisyD 6 Apr 2009 18:07:13 11,826 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I use Scrivener all the time. I love it!

Anyway, I've bought and downloaded the MacHeist Bundle and am just having a play of each before getting stuck into iSales for the evening.
  • Deleted user 6 April 2009 18:10:43
    /had GarageSale years before iSale ripped it off

/feels smug
  • DaisyD 6 Apr 2009 18:21:23 11,826 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just got Delicious library for doing something on my Twitter. \o/
  • Deleted user 6 April 2009 18:34:04
    Just bought it. I can't see WoG going below 16-17 anytime soon, and the rest should be worth the extra.

Edit: o_o
  • Deleted user 6 April 2009 18:38:11
    World of Goo costs 13.98 if you buy it direct from 2DBoy.
  • Deleted user 6 April 2009 18:38:47
    What is that TweetBlast! thing on the receipt screen. Is it free or what?
  • Deleted user 6 April 2009 18:39:29
    mmk
  • Deleted user 6 April 2009 18:41:42
    A 'TweetBlast' is a fucking annoying marketing technique where they get you to spew out some "I LOVE MACHEIST" bullshit on your Twitter account like a marketing chimpanzee in order to get some extra tat for free. I'd rather keep my dignity intact than be the mouthpiece-for-hire for some company.

SO THERE.

Also I have absolutely zero use for Delicious Library! :)
  • HitchHiker 6 Nov 2009 09:45:14 2,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's started again with a MacHeist nanoBundle. 5 applications for free and a 6th when enough people partake. Admittedly, they're not the best of the bunch but then they're free. Hordes of Orcs is fun though.

ShoveBox
    WriteRoom
    Twitterific
    TinyGrab
    Hordes of Orcs
    Mariner Write to be unlocked
  • Rowlsten 2 Mar 2010 23:51:56 674 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's about to drop again.....

Looks like Tales of Monkey Island and Rapid Weaver are in there.

Mega shocked smiley :o
  • Page

of 4 First / Last