of 224 First / Last

• mrpon 11 Jan 2018 20:21:51 33,936 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Most Generous Trousers: mowglis
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Jan 2018 20:55:04 2,457 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh Jesus, is this still going on? I was trying to ignore it in the other thread, but it's getting a bit silly now.

I think what I said was I don't really give a shit about fox hunting one way or the other. I don't like the people who do it (having known a couple at uni where they were basically cunts), but grew up on the edge of the countryside, where foxes are seen as a pest that need to be killed sometimes (and are nasty, vicious little bastards that often kill way more than they can eat). Aesthetically, I don't like fox hunting as a means of doing it, but it keeps the kind of people who do it away from the rest of us, so meh. This was in the context of a proposal for a free Parliamentary vote on fox hunting, to which my position was "whatever... a free vote to overturn the ban would never pass anyway because more Tory MPs oppose than support it, let alone the other parties, so it's just an empty gesture".

Other than that, I think I articulated a few fairly mainstream Conservative points of view like not supporting unlimited public spending and thinking that reform rather than more money might be what was needed in education. This is hardly fringe alt-right stuff.

I'm quite open about being a Tory voter, but I'm the Remain-voting socially liberal kind who thinks Tim Farron is every bit as deeply weird as most other people now seem to. Plus I think Trump is an incompetent cunt, if that helps (though I try to understand why he was elected rather than just ranting about it, not least because that's the path to making sure it doesn't happen again).

I did enjoy being compared to Hitler, though. I've never invaded Poland, but by a weird coincidence I've got an overnight business trip to Gdańsk at the end of the month. Does that count? I'm likely to be making some really vicious points in contract negotiations.
  • FWB 11 Jan 2018 21:00:39 54,222 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    As a teacher for 14yrs, can I say... STOP WITH THE BLOODY REFORMS! Every politician - without a single bit of experience in education - seems to have their own idea of how to change (fuck up) things. And yes, money is EXACTLY what is needed.
  • RichDC 11 Jan 2018 21:02:18 7,617 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Rogueywon You don't have to justify your self to that idiot.
  • Mfolf 11 Jan 2018 21:06:42 1,865 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    RichDC wrote:
    @Rogueywon You don't have to justify your self to that idiot.
    Bless, freeeee stuff
  • RichDC 11 Jan 2018 21:09:52 7,617 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Put down the bottle. Get off the chair.
  • JamboWayOh 11 Jan 2018 21:17:06 4,542 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Roguey, did you spurn Mowgli's advances or did you two have a thing, because I don't think Mowgli has gotten over it.
  • Mfolf 11 Jan 2018 21:21:14 1,865 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    RichDC wrote:
    Put down the bottle. Get off the chair.
    Bottle? Chair? Donít you have free stuff to beg for?
  • RichDC 11 Jan 2018 21:42:32 7,617 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yes, I admit that I have accepted one or possibly two free games from Roguey. And I guess that makes me complicit in whatever acts of depravity you think he's up to. But wait, no. Fuck you.

What is your deal? I've been on this forum for over 10 years and I genuinely cannot think of one positive contribution you have ever made. All your posts are miserable, aggressive, snide. I doubt any poster here could say a nice thing about you.

At least the other morons that occasionally populate this place disappear after a while but you linger like a bad smell. You are a poisonous cretin who brings nothing but negatively.

How about just taking a break, and disappearing into oblivion. Maybe don't come back until you're a happier, nicer person.

Just a thought.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 11 Jan 2018 21:45:27 11,966 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
  • Mola_Ram 11 Jan 2018 21:51:40 16,910 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dolphins develop working economy, humanity now fucked

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2003/jul/03/research.science

(yes, I know it's from 15 years ago, but just think of how much more advanced they'd be now)
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Jan 2018 21:55:01 2,457 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Mola_Ram It's ok. Since then, they've apparently devolved into Essex lads. So they might glass you outside a crap nightclub, but world conquest remains unlikely for now.
  • Mfolf 11 Jan 2018 22:09:53 1,865 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    RichDC wrote:
    Yes, I admit that I have accepted one or possibly two free games from Roguey. And I guess that makes me complicit in whatever acts of depravity you think he's up to. But wait, no. Fuck you.

What is your deal? I've been on this forum for over 10 years and I genuinely cannot think of one positive contribution you have ever made. All your posts are miserable, aggressive, snide. I doubt any poster here could say a nice thing about you.

At least the other morons that occasionally populate this place disappear after a while but you linger like a bad smell. You are a poisonous cretin who brings nothing but negatively.

How about just taking a break, and disappearing into oblivion. Maybe don't come back until you're a happier, nicer person.

Just a thought.
    Youíve been on this forum for over 10 years and this is honestly, no word of a lie, the first time Iíve noticed you. Do you exclusively hang around the pikey threads or are you just that much of a no-mark?

And I am a very happy person actually. I spend a great deal of time volunteering for animal welfare charities and take extreme issue with Ďpeopleí that support or even just abide fox hunting. I think itís adhorent and the lowest form of scummy. So I pointed this out. Iím sorry if this upsets your free game giveaway, I havenít questioned that at all, I just take issue with someone that manages to so perfectly represent the (what many assume to be exaggerated) hateful Tory persona.

In a discussion about fucking fox hunting I donít think itís that unreasonable. I would say why donít you fuck off but I honestly doubt Iíll notice you again.
  • DrStrangelove 11 Jan 2018 22:13:42 11,663 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just had a weird feeling that something is weirdly lacking in the Legends thread. Can't put my finger on it though.
  • Khanivor 11 Jan 2018 22:17:28 43,495 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    RichDC wrote:
    What is your deal? I've been on this forum for over 10 years and I genuinely cannot think of one positive contribution you have ever made.
    Come on, shitting on a chair and then posting about it is forum legend. Add in all the hilarious emo and it mostly makes up for the hateful, vindictive and just plain pathetic posting.
  • Mola_Ram 11 Jan 2018 22:18:44 16,910 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Come on, let's stop fighting. We need to be united when the dolphins come for us.

https://www.theonion.com/dolphins-evolve-opposable-thumbs-1819565718
  • Mfolf 11 Jan 2018 22:20:18 1,865 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    RichDC wrote:
    What is your deal? I've been on this forum for over 10 years and I genuinely cannot think of one positive contribution you have ever made.
    Come on, shitting on a chair and then posting about it is forum legend. Add in all the hilarious emo and it mostly makes up for the hateful, vindictive and just plain pathetic posting.
    Oh KhanI, letís not.
  • UncleLou Moderator 12 Jan 2018 09:52:42 39,001 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    but grew up on the edge of the countryside, where foxes are seen as a pest that need to be killed sometimes (and are nasty, vicious little bastards that often kill way more than they can eat).
    No intention of getting into the whole debate, but ... pretty much all predators do this if there is a sudden abundance of food. Wolves, bears, you name it. It's not the fox's fault that humans have chicken coops.

"Nasty" is a human category that is entirely unfit to "judge" animals.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jan 2018 09:56:23 11,966 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    A fox broke into my grandmas house and took a shit in her kettle. They are the very definition of evil.
  • Alastair 12 Jan 2018 09:57:35 21,156 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    I just had a weird feeling that something is weirdly lacking in the Legends thread. Can't put my finger on it though.
    Decks did a picture of mowgli 'font geeking so good' ages ago. Well before the Legends of Eurogamer thread.

Edited by Alastair at 09:58:29 12-01-2018
  • UncleLou Moderator 12 Jan 2018 09:57:46 39,001 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Decks It's the right thing to do with all things that are used to make something as disgusting as tea.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Jan 2018 09:58:19 2,457 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Decks That might not have been a fox. In my defence, I'd had a lot to drink.
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 12 Jan 2018 10:03:12 47,421 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    font kettle so well
  • Salaman 12 Jan 2018 10:04:49 22,917 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Is Mowgli off his meds again? I find the logic bizarre.

People call a forumite who regularly spends lots and lots of time an effort handing out freebies generous. Seems legit.

Then he comes wading in with "How can he be generous if he has different political views than me!?"

Come again?
  • Psychotext 12 Jan 2018 10:07:55 62,265 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Also... without really wanting to go there, there are a couple of newspapers in particular that are obsessed with painting foxes as baby killing satan hounds. I wonder why that might be?

Not that people's opinions could be affected by such tripe of course.
  • minky-kong 12 Jan 2018 10:12:49 13,324 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mfolf wrote:
    I spend a great deal of time volunteering for animal welfare charities.
    Impressive. What's your secret for managing to do this while working 15 hour days and also posting constantly on a forum to out evil Tories?
  • Mfolf 12 Jan 2018 10:18:02 1,865 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Salaman wrote:
    Is Mowgli off his meds again? I find the logic bizarre.

People call a forumite who regularly spends lots and lots of time an effort handing out freebies generous. Seems legit.

Then he comes wading in with "How can he be generous if he has different political views than me!?"

Come again?
    Different political views? Are you mental. He agrees with the ceremonial hunting and torturing of animals for the entertainment of twats. That isnít a political opinion ffs.
  • Mfolf 12 Jan 2018 10:20:25 1,865 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    Mfolf wrote:
    I spend a great deal of time volunteering for animal welfare charities.
    Impressive. What's your secret for managing to do this while working 15 hour days and also posting constantly on a forum to out evil Tories?
    Weekends and late evenings. Anymore careers advice required? People are getting really hung up on that one thread where I asked about feeling run down and Ill a lot of the time. Iím sorry this appears to have triggered so many of you and Iím sorry if Iíve offended your forum santa.
  • thelzdking 12 Jan 2018 10:56:50 6,646 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I guess you can partly thank me for this.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Jan 2018 11:03:56 4,542 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bloody hell, he really does paint himself as the martyr doesn't he?
  • Page

of 224 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.