'Random news articles that don't warrant their own threads' thread. Page 106

• Page

of 141 First / Last

• Deckard1 14 Feb 2013 09:59:45 27,220 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    I don't think he's got a leg to stand on...
    Wayhaaaaaaaay
  • nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 10:00:08 58,851 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You only get that if you shower and lynx up before bed.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• roz123 14 Feb 2013 10:00:18 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    8bitMofo wrote:
    Oscar "Bladerunner" Pistorius shoots his girlfriend dead, in mistaking her for an intruder.

Fucking ouch :(
    Shame this wasn't in the States; the gun control nuts would be going crazy.
    The NRA would blame it on the metal band "A Bullet for my Valentine"
  • cubbymoore 14 Feb 2013 10:00:28 36,468 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Apart from with your wad.
  • Zizoo 14 Feb 2013 10:05:58 8,115 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @sport

PE girl.

Confirmed as Reeva Steenkamp They had only been together a couple of months.
  • Fab4 14 Feb 2013 10:07:11 5,980 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Apparently he lives on a heavily secured gated community, so the burglar story gets even more suspicious.
  • cubbymoore 14 Feb 2013 10:09:56 36,468 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought they did away with segregation?
  • Zizoo 14 Feb 2013 10:10:00 8,115 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah. Sounds like he was quite obsessed with guns.

He told the Daily Mail in August 2011 that, living in South Africa which has some of the highest crime violent rates in the world he sleeps with a revolver at his bedside.

He also revealed he keeps a machine gun by his window and a baseball and cricket bat behind his bedroom door at the house on the Silverwoods Country Estate.
    I'm sorry, but you don't need all that shit on a country estate.
  • nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 10:11:08 58,851 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To be fair, If I was the most famous man in South Africa, I would probably sleep with a tank under my pillow.

He totally called it

• cubbymoore 14 Feb 2013 10:12:39 36,468 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Seems that he is one twisted paranoid *and* obsessive controlling nut. He's up to his knees in trouble either way.
  • sport 14 Feb 2013 10:13:17 12,572 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    @sport

PE girl.

Confirmed as Reeva Steenkamp They had only been together a couple of months.
    Shit, I bet the news outlets there are going berserk.
  • Chopsen 14 Feb 2013 10:13:56 15,727 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If lived somewhere where I needed a machine-gun by my window, I'd move rather than have a machine-gun by my window.
  • cubbymoore 14 Feb 2013 10:16:06 36,468 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    From article:
    There was so much in the pipeline for her: she was just about to explode into the media.
    In need of a rephrase much?
  • mrpon 14 Feb 2013 10:16:23 28,479 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Seems that he is one twisted paranoid *and* obsessive controlling nut.
    Rooney?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Zizoo 14 Feb 2013 10:19:32 8,115 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He had just bought a MacLaren... So I guess he had a lot to protect?.
  • sport 14 Feb 2013 10:20:15 12,572 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    If lived somewhere where I needed a machine-gun by my window, I'd move rather than have a machine-gun by my window.
    You don't need a machine-gun under your pillow in SA. Many people get by just fine without owning any firearms, my family included.
  • Zizoo 14 Feb 2013 10:21:31 8,115 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:
    You don't need a machine-gun under your pillow in SA. Many people get by just fine without owning any firearms, my family included.
    Same here. I've been the victim of crime once, and that was the very recent break in by a white male.
  • Zizoo 14 Feb 2013 10:22:47 8,115 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wonder if he had gotten out of bed or just shot from there. I assume he sleeps with his stumps on display and not his blades?
  • Chopsen 14 Feb 2013 10:23:15 15,727 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    And if there are gangs of hot white chicks doing burglaries, why on earth would you shoot them?
    Maybe she'd blackfaced up for lols.
  • Zizoo 14 Feb 2013 10:24:56 8,115 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    And if there are gangs of hot white chicks doing burglaries, why on earth would you shoot them?
    Kinky.
  • Chopsen 14 Feb 2013 10:25:12 15,727 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:
    That's my point. I find it difficult to believe he'd live in a place where that is genuinely needed. Especially for someone of his means.
  • nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 10:25:42 58,851 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:
    Same here. I've been the victim of crime once, and that was the very recent break in by a white male.
    Im going to go out on a limb and assume neither you or sports family are internationally famous millionaires?

He totally called it

• smoothpete 14 Feb 2013 10:26:27 31,347 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Im going to go out on a limb
    Disablist!
  • Deckard1 14 Feb 2013 10:26:48 27,220 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:

MAMMMMMMMMYYYYYY

*BOOM*

Edited by Deckard1 at 10:27:14 14-02-2013
  • smoothpete 14 Feb 2013 10:30:16 31,347 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    Or maybe ganguro!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xgr9IqyR4Xw/S0hUXrx5KVI/AAAAAAAAAXE/Xb1oJGKRuCk/s1600/yamamba+mountain+man.jpg
  • Zizoo 14 Feb 2013 10:30:22 8,115 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:
    Im going to go out on a limb and assume neither you or sports family are internationally famous millionaires?
    Well no, but my family is reasonably erm, well-to-do and we never felt threatened enough to have guns in the house.

I get your point though. Perhaps it is likely he could be targeted.
  • sport 14 Feb 2013 10:32:55 12,572 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:
    Apparently he lives in a very secure estate (townhouse complex). Not saying there's no chance of break ins but, hell, I can guarantee you many millionaires in SA don't sleep with guns under their pillows.

Anyway, we'll find out what happened soon enough. Everyone knows SA has a crime problem but what irks me is people over here thinking it's all guns blazing 247.
  • cubbymoore 14 Feb 2013 10:32:55 36,468 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:
    Well no, but my family is reasonably erm, well-to-do
    /stealth "I'm white" post
  • smoothpete 14 Feb 2013 10:34:36 31,347 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My company sent an email round a few years ago letting our South African colleagues know that there was now a secure firearms storage area in the office that they could use when they arrived in the morning.
  • nickthegun 14 Feb 2013 10:36:59 58,851 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Anyway, we'll find out what happened soon enough. Everyone knows SA has a crime problem but what irks me is people over here thinking it's all guns blazing 247.
    I imagine SA to be a demilitarised zone where pedestrians walk around with flaming tyres around their necks.

He totally called it

• Page

of 141 First / Last